Closed Thread
    nick413 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

can I do cardio twice a day without burning muscle?

If I do 20-30 minutes of cardio in the morning, can I do another session in the afternoon? How many hours should I wait?
    If its a weightlifting day, can I tag the second cardio session on to the end of the weight training? At that point, should I be downing my whey shake between the weightlifting and cardio, or after the cardio?

lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    total daily macros/cals matter, not frequency (althought it wouldnt hurt to have something between the cardio sessions - even if ur not doing crazy endurance bouts to deplete glyocogen).

the size of your deficit (and of course adequate protein) will determine how muscle is spared while losing weight. so if you're doing tons of activity, but eating so you're deficit is modest, it likely wouldn't result in any more muscle loss than if u did no extra activity and kept a modest deficit.

jhxetc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jhxetc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jhxetc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jhxetc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jhxetc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jhxetc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jhxetc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jhxetc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jhxetc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jhxetc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jhxetc has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    if you are eating at about a 500 calorie per day deficit you can safely do plenty of cardio. Most of the people who lose a lot of muscle are doing drastic cutting where they eat at a 1-2000 calorie deficit and then do 2 hours of cardio. Pretty much if you can do your cardio without feeling like total crap afterwards, you probably aren't doing too much.

The reason I'm asking is because its my understanding that after about 30 to 45 mins of cardio your body begins to burn muscle instead of fat. So I was wondering if twice a day cardio would be an effective means of squeezing in an hour or so of cardio without going into the muscle burning phase. Presumably, I'd need to wait a few hours between cardio, no?

kevi204 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevi204 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevi204 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevi204 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevi204 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevi204 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevi204 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevi204 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevi204 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevi204 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevi204 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by nick413 View Post
    If I do 20-30 minutes of cardio in the morning, can I do another session in the afternoon? How many hours should I wait?
    If its a weightlifting day, can I tag the second cardio session on to the end of the weight training? At that point, should I be downing my whey shake between the weightlifting and cardio, or after the cardio?
    Whats your goal, are you cutting?

Originally Posted by kevi204 View Post
    Whats your goal, are you cutting?
    Yes I'm cutting and I would like to cut as fast as possible while at least keeping the muscle I have.

jessicajlin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jessicajlin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jessicajlin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jessicajlin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jessicajlin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jessicajlin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jessicajlin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jessicajlin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jessicajlin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jessicajlin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jessicajlin has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

can I do cardio twice a day without burning muscle?

original reason for doing cardio in thge morning on a carb depleated stomach is to target burning fat

once you already ate during the day and you want to do a 2nd session of cardio it doesnt matter when u do 2nd cardio session

but heres an idea
    eat ur meal do ur workout then shake then cardio

why do i say eat ur meal before training? so like this when you start working out and you start breaking the muscle tissue you instantly have real food in your system to repair the damaged tissue

lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lee__d has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by jessicajlin View Post
    original reason for doing cardio in thge morning on a carb depleated stomach is to target burning fat

once you already ate during the day and you want to do a 2nd session of cardio it doesnt matter when u do 2nd cardio session

but heres an idea
    eat ur meal do ur workout then shake then cardio

why do i say eat ur meal before training? so like this when you start working out and you start breaking the muscle tissue you instantly have real food in your system to repair the damaged tissue
    http://alanaragon.com/myths-under-th...ed-cardio.html

kevi204 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevi204 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevi204 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevi204 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevi204 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevi204 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevi204 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevi204 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevi204 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevi204 will become famous soon enough. (+50) kevi204 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yes I'm cutting and I would like to cut as fast as possible while at least keeping the muscle I have.
    If you try to "cut as fast as possible", you will mostly likely lose some muscle. Patience is key to cutting/bulking. Only 1-2 lb loss should occurr weekly at most, otherwise you may be burning muscle.

stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) stingray72 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I do an hour of moderate intensity cardio every day and still gain some muscle while doing it on a cut.
    Why do I do this weightlifting thing for the last 34 years with all its ups and downs life has handed me? Because each time I came back stronger. NEVER GIVE UP. Gym life is about more than muscles getting bigger and weights going up. Its wisdom discipline dedication humility you name it.

KhayBrown is not very well liked. (-100) KhayBrown is not very well liked. (-100) KhayBrown is not very well liked. (-100) KhayBrown is not very well liked. (-100) KhayBrown is not very well liked. (-100) KhayBrown is not very well liked. (-100) KhayBrown is not very well liked. (-100) KhayBrown is not very well liked. (-100) KhayBrown is not very well liked. (-100) KhayBrown is not very well liked. (-100) KhayBrown is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by stingray72 View Post
    I do an hour of moderate intensity cardio every day and still gain some muscle while doing it on a cut.
    Yep, it can be done. Ive successfully cut and gained muscle doing cardio and lifting on empty during a 16-18 hour fast (3-4 times weekly). Works for me.