kristinpete38 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kristinpete38 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kristinpete38 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kristinpete38 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kristinpete38 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kristinpete38 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kristinpete38 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kristinpete38 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kristinpete38 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kristinpete38 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kristinpete38 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Membership manager is telling people I speak Spanish, though I've told him I don't

He brought a non-English speaking woman over to me for a consult and said "You speak Spanish don't you?" I said I didn't. I'm not even Hispanic, and he knows that.

He later gave me a client who spoke only Spanish and said I would be good with her. I reconfirmed with him that I didn't speak it. He said he knew.

Tonight, I was supposed to meet with a girl and her sister (who only spoke Spanish) but neither came in. I called and she answered in English...but then started speaking Spanish. I was lost. She then asked if I spoke it, and when I said no, told me that he'd said I did...I asked him later if he was telling people that and he acted like he didn't know what I was talking about.

He's lying about my qualifications to sell sessions. I've told him enough times I only speak English. Maybe it's not a huge problem, but it does make things difficult for me and these people. To add, many of these people don't even know what it is they're signing up for. Other trainers complain about it as well. They don't show up because they don't know what it is or that they are scheduled. Some clarify at the start they don't want sessions, just wanted the free session. This client he gave me hasn't returned his or my call though has been coming into the gym; I'm thinking he had her pay for training, her assuming it was just the cost of membership. This M. manager isn't helping us at all. Do any of you work in a shady atmosphere like this? Do I just go on with it and just clarify on the first session I only speak English? What do I do about the consults or orientations he gives who don't even seem to know about it, don't show or strongly state upon first meeting they won't get sessions?

WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) WoofieNugget has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    The more you post about what goes on at your gym I think you're joking.

However, the easiest thing to do here is to learn how to say "this idiot lied to you - please cancel your membership" in Spanish. Then when these people ask you can actually tell them what's up. Don't be afraid to call him out in front of the members and other staff as well.

Este idiota mentido - there, I just did Google translate.

NZDarren is just really nice. (+1000) NZDarren is just really nice. (+1000) NZDarren is just really nice. (+1000) NZDarren is just really nice. (+1000) NZDarren is just really nice. (+1000) NZDarren is just really nice. (+1000) NZDarren is just really nice. (+1000) NZDarren is just really nice. (+1000) NZDarren is just really nice. (+1000) NZDarren is just really nice. (+1000) NZDarren is just really nice. (+1000)

lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by WoofieNugget View Post

However, the easiest thing to do here is to learn how to say "this idiot lied to you - please cancel your membership" in Spanish. Then when these people ask you can actually tell them what's up. Don't be afraid to call him out in front of the members and other staff as well.

You know, I actually believe her. If I had made a thread about every bit of drama or disinformation I had to deal with at the corporate gym where I used to work, I'd appear the same way. The business model at gyms these days rewards idiots and liars who can sell well, and places the burden of professionalism squarely on the shoulders of the trainers.

That said, if she publicly calls the manager out, she'll probably get fired for being "unprofessional" or "not a team player." Why? Because it's more important to make sales at this kind of gym than to train well.

Kristinpete, it sounds like you've taken the blue pill and woken up in the Matrix. Your gym is staffed by shaved apes, and they don't care about you. Get your affairs in order and leave as soon as you can.

Team MuscleTech Rep MuscleTechMarc's Avatar
    MuscleTechMarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechMarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechMarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechMarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechMarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechMarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechMarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechMarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechMarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechMarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleTechMarc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The membership managers job is to put numbers on the board and unfortunately sometimes they will lie to hit their targets: we call this "fake gross" because eventually the member will cancel.

kristinpete38 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kristinpete38 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kristinpete38 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kristinpete38 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kristinpete38 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kristinpete38 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kristinpete38 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kristinpete38 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kristinpete38 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kristinpete38 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) kristinpete38 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Ha, our main trainer -who held up the department for years- just quit this weekend. Our oldest trainer -our other master trainer- was saying yesterday he's thinking of leaving for another job. And the other female trainer said directly after that she may follow suit. A trainer who wasn't performing at all quit just a couple weeks back. And our fitness manager did as well...that was the second one since I'd begun here about 8 months ago. It isn't the best gym to work at, no...

Originally Posted by lexinak View Post
    You know, I actually believe her. If I had made a thread about every bit of drama or disinformation I had to deal with at the corporate gym where I used to work, I'd appear the same way. The business model at gyms these days rewards idiots and liars who can sell well, and places the burden of professionalism squarely on the shoulders of the trainers.

That said, if she publicly calls the manager out, she'll probably get fired for being "unprofessional" or "not a team player." Why? Because it's more important to make sales at this kind of gym than to train well.

Kristinpete, it sounds like you've taken the blue pill and woken up in the Matrix. Your gym is staffed by shaved apes, and they don't care about you. Get your affairs in order and leave as soon as you can.
    Well I'm not ready to go independent so its not going to be better regardless. Our chain's best performing gym has an insane amount of drama I've been told. The experience training people here has improved my skills as a trainer and I do really like a lot of the employees (front desk and other trainers) I work with.

I did vaguely mention something about the free sessions to the main manager a while back...
    Last edited by kristinpete38; 05-01-2012 at 09:35 AM.

Pjt181 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pjt181 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pjt181 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pjt181 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pjt181 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pjt181 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pjt181 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pjt181 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pjt181 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pjt181 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Pjt181 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I was a fitness consultant for a big time gym here and just quit a couple weeks ago. It sucks too because I thought this gig could possibly be a start to a great career within the fitness industry. However, since DAY 1 i quickly learned that wasn't the case. I was told by the other FC's to bullsh*t everything you say in order to sell memberships. i called about 100 people who weren't interested in joining the gym that only came as guest 4 times within a week constantly bugging them bc i was told too. I felt like 90% of what was being told to potential gym members were lies. Needless to say that was not the type of job I thought I signed up for. The job pretty much sucked donkey balls and on top of that we never got lunch breaks, EVER.

ts65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ts65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ts65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ts65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ts65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ts65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ts65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ts65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ts65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ts65 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ts65 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

all of kristen's stories are bull. I think KyleAaron (I think that's his name) posted the proof a while back.

Originally Posted by ts65 View Post
    all of kristen's stories are bull. I think KyleAaron (I think that's his name) posted the proof a while back.
    ^"Este idiota mentido"^

That guy posted a question of mine about a client who was interested in me and then again of some random man who wanted to "mentor" me (which is not proof of any sort). I hear similar stories from other female trainers. As to why it would cause you to follow me on here, I don't know. It's pretty disconcerting.

Please quit stalking my posts. Seriously...
    Last edited by kristinpete38; 05-01-2012 at 11:56 PM.

I had a session tonight with one of these girls.

I couldn't ask her goals. I couldn't ask what she had been doing fitness wise previously. I couldn't ask about her medical history. I couldn't explain what she should be doing or explain any muscle balances, body fat/scale weight, the importance of weight training. She didn't even understand when I asked how her day was. She wasn't happy. [Apparently she's been in America for quite a while though didn't even know how to introduce herself...]

These orientation sessions are meant to be used as consults where the majority of the time should be used for discussion. I didn't know what to do. I tried being polite but she just looked ticked. Took her body fat and weight, then skimmed through some of the equipment.

I think I'll just give away any only-spanish speakers he gives... and just hope it isn't considered discrimination. Communication is key in training. They'd feel happier w/ someone who understands them better

ericmackcarter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericmackcarter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericmackcarter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericmackcarter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericmackcarter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericmackcarter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericmackcarter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericmackcarter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericmackcarter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericmackcarter is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericmackcarter is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by kristinpete38 View Post
    ^"Este idiota mentido"^

That guy posted a question of mine about a client who was interested in me and then again of some random man who wanted to "mentor" me (which is not proof of any sort). I hear similar stories from other female trainers. As to why it would cause you to follow me on here, I don't know. It's pretty disconcerting.

Please quit stalking my posts. Seriously...
    Listen, I think your threads stick out a little bit more than others. I believe people give you a hard time because, if I'm being honest, it seems as if you are a bit awkward about things that you should be able to deal with at 20 years old.

lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000) lexinak is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by kristinpete38 View Post
    Well I'm not ready to go independent so its not going to be better regardless. Our chain's best performing gym has an insane amount of drama I've been told. The experience training people here has improved my skills as a trainer and I do really like a lot of the employees (front desk and other trainers) I work with.

I did vaguely mention something about the free sessions to the main manager a while back...
    You are now making an informed choice to participate in the drama. Either change your situation or stop bitching and accept it.

Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Imagine how bad it would be if the membership staff knew that you actually did speak a little spanish.
    They knew that I spoke a little spanish (from what I learned in school) and they were telling people that I spoke it fluently.

The funny thing is that once some of these people found out that I couldn't speak it well and that we couldn't understand each other, they suddenly knew a little bit of English lol.
    Sept of Baelor was an inside job. Wildfire can't melt stone masonry.

Ragnar13 is just really nice. (+1000) Ragnar13 is just really nice. (+1000) Ragnar13 is just really nice. (+1000) Ragnar13 is just really nice. (+1000) Ragnar13 is just really nice. (+1000) Ragnar13 is just really nice. (+1000) Ragnar13 is just really nice. (+1000) Ragnar13 is just really nice. (+1000) Ragnar13 is just really nice. (+1000) Ragnar13 is just really nice. (+1000) Ragnar13 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Just wondering if this is a safety issue and opens the gym up to a potential lawsuit?
    I mean if the client doesn't speak English and was told by an employee (the membership manager) that a trainer that spoke Spanish would be provided, and then there was an injury or accident due to the language barrier would the membership manager be liable? America is a sue happy place. I could see some lawyer saying that the manager used deception to have the client work with a trainer that didn't have the skill set (language) that was needed and the client was injured as a result.

Even removing the lawsuits and crap, I would be way to concerned with a potential injury happening since we couldn't understand each other.
    NASM-MMACS
    ISSA-CFT, SFN, SET
    HKC

✪ Rampaigers Crew ✪
    mWo