At the Nutrition Section BroFoods's Avatar
    BroFoods will become famous soon enough. (+50) BroFoods will become famous soon enough. (+50) BroFoods will become famous soon enough. (+50) BroFoods will become famous soon enough. (+50) BroFoods will become famous soon enough. (+50) BroFoods will become famous soon enough. (+50) BroFoods will become famous soon enough. (+50) BroFoods will become famous soon enough. (+50) BroFoods will become famous soon enough. (+50) BroFoods will become famous soon enough. (+50) BroFoods will become famous soon enough. (+50)

how much amino acids can the body absorb per day.

Anyone know how much amino acids the body can absorb per day?
    How much of each is optimal per day?
    Is there a minimum of each that should be consumed per day?

Thanks in advance and I'll rep anyone that helps out. Any links to studies would be appreciated as well. Anything I searched for turned up supplement companies promoting bcaa supplements.

Raw Nats 2014 comeatmebro DDon1996's Avatar
    DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Eat 1g/lbs of protein a day. Get it from varied sources.

Congratulations, you have achieved your amino acid requirements for the day.
    Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159714881&p=1213186101

PowerliftingtoWIN.com

"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous."

-- Paracelsus

BroFoods will become famous soon enough. (+50) BroFoods will become famous soon enough. (+50) BroFoods will become famous soon enough. (+50) BroFoods will become famous soon enough. (+50) BroFoods will become famous soon enough. (+50) BroFoods will become famous soon enough. (+50) BroFoods will become famous soon enough. (+50) BroFoods will become famous soon enough. (+50) BroFoods will become famous soon enough. (+50) BroFoods will become famous soon enough. (+50) BroFoods will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by DDon1996 View Post
    Eat 1g/lbs of protein a day. Get it from varied sources.

Congratulations, you have achieved your amino acid requirements for the day.
    So the individual aminos don't really matter, it's just your overall protein intake that is important?

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by BroFoods View Post
    So the individual aminos don't really matter, it's just your overall protein intake that is important?
    Of course they matter, otherwise bodybuilders wouldn't be so concerned about getting most of their protein requirement from "complete" sources.

As above, if you eat to your requirement of protein every day, and get it from a wide variety of animal sources, you're doing just about everything you can, and need, to do.

If you want to dig deeper, Google "Dr.Layne Norton Leucine study."
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Raw Nats 2014 comeatmebro DDon1996's Avatar
    DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DDon1996 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by BroFoods View Post
    As long as the sources are varied, yes.

EG if you ate only 90 slices of bread for your protein for a few weeks, you may be lysine deficient.
    Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159714881&p=1213186101

PowerliftingtoWIN.com

"All things are poison, and nothing is without poison; only the dose permits something not to be poisonous."

-- Paracelsus

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    Of course they matter, otherwise bodybuilders wouldn't be so concerned about getting most of their protein requirement from "complete" sources.

As above, if you eat to your requirement of protein every day, and get it from a wide variety of animal sources, you're doing just about everything you can, and need, to do.

If you want to dig deeper, Google "Dr.Layne Norton Leucine study."
    Originally Posted by DDon1996 View Post
    As long as the sources are varied, yes.

EG if you ate only 90 slices of bread for your protein for a few weeks, you may be lysine deficient.
    Thanks and reps.

Registered User lazybuilder1975's Avatar
    lazybuilder1975 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

You can absorb a lot more aminos than protien

The limit to your body's ability to use protien is based on the limited amount of enzymes needed to break it down. I know for a fact that a lot of the quotes about how much protien you can absorb are hand-me down references to nazi research. While the german scientists of the day were actually very compentent this particular bit of information is bogus. The real values exceed the quoted values substantially. New research was done but people continue to quote the fraudulent research. If I remember correctly the real value is upwards of one KG/ day but only if consumed slowly throughout the day and either blended or chewed very well and consumed with water.

That said, your bodies ability to absorb aminos is SEVERAL TIMES better than your ability to absorb protien because the aminos are already broken down.

In other words its pretty mush all-you-can-eat when it comes to aminos.

Just as important: I'm told that if you consume excess simple carbohydrates along with the aminos that pretty much all of it goes to building your body. Not just muscle but connective tissue and bone. I don't know how it effects strength-if at all. If anyone plans on going gung-ho on the aminos let me know what results you get.

FYI Connective tissue in bone is very important and overlooked. Bones are not just minerals. They have fibroblasts and connective tissue in them as well. If you have adequate connective tissue in your bones they will bend noticeably before breaking and when they break they will almost never break all the way through, you can still use that bone as long as you don't put much weight on it. No cast is needed. Most people these days have connective tissue diseases or conditions of one form or another. I dont know why but its very strange. I think there may have been some kind of mass poisoning or bio-warfare that went unnoticed since there were no bodies in the streets. If anyone knows any researchers please forward this to them.

Note: R-aminos are nearly worthless, your body can only use L-aminos. That means natural aminos are better than synthetic aminos. Almost all amino bodybuilding products are natural.

failnever21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) failnever21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) failnever21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) failnever21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) failnever21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) failnever21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) failnever21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) failnever21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) failnever21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) failnever21 will become famous soon enough. (+50) failnever21 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by lazybuilder1975 View Post
    The limit to your body's ability to use protien is based on the limited amount of enzymes needed to break it down. I know for a fact that a lot of the quotes about how much protien you can absorb are hand-me down references to nazi research. While the german scientists of the day were actually very compentent this particular bit of information is bogus. The real values exceed the quoted values substantially. New research was done but people continue to quote the fraudulent research. If I remember correctly the real value is upwards of one KG/ day but only if consumed slowly throughout the day and either blended or chewed very well and consumed with water.

That said, your bodies ability to absorb aminos is SEVERAL TIMES better than your ability to absorb protien because the aminos are already broken down.

In other words its pretty mush all-you-can-eat when it comes to aminos.

Just as important: I'm told that if you consume excess simple carbohydrates along with the aminos that pretty much all of it goes to building your body. Not just muscle but connective tissue and bone. I don't know how it effects strength-if at all. If anyone plans on going gung-ho on the aminos let me know what results you get.

FYI Connective tissue in bone is very important and overlooked. Bones are not just minerals. They have fibroblasts and connective tissue in them as well. If you have adequate connective tissue in your bones they will bend noticeably before breaking and when they break they will almost never break all the way through, you can still use that bone as long as you don't put much weight on it. No cast is needed. Most people these days have connective tissue diseases or conditions of one form or another. I dont know why but its very strange. I think there may have been some kind of mass poisoning or bio-warfare that went unnoticed since there were no bodies in the streets. If anyone knows any researchers please forward this to them.

Note: R-aminos are nearly worthless, your body can only use L-aminos. That means natural aminos are better than synthetic aminos. Almost all amino bodybuilding products are natural.
    what?