Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Alpha Reset

BallAb0veAll will become famous soon enough. (+50) BallAb0veAll will become famous soon enough. (+50) BallAb0veAll will become famous soon enough. (+50) BallAb0veAll will become famous soon enough. (+50) BallAb0veAll will become famous soon enough. (+50) BallAb0veAll will become famous soon enough. (+50) BallAb0veAll will become famous soon enough. (+50) BallAb0veAll will become famous soon enough. (+50) BallAb0veAll will become famous soon enough. (+50) BallAb0veAll will become famous soon enough. (+50) BallAb0veAll will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Alpha Reset

Has anyone here ever tried doing the "Alpha Reset"?

This is the pdf for the program: http://www.juicingsaturdaystrategy.com/o/alphaprep.pdf
    And here is further information on juicing: http://www.juicinganimals.com/member...ormation-plan/

Regardless, basically you juice fast for three days, add egg whites in on the fourth day, white meat on the fifth day, and then slowly add back in your usual intake from before.

Supposedly this helps power-wash your intestines from all the residue/mucoid plaque and then your body is able to absorb nutrients much better leading to enhanced muscle building and fat loss.

Just wondering if anyone has tried this before and what their take on it is?

I'm on day three which is where I'm supposed to hit a wall from the detox. But prior to this I juiced regularly and ate an extremely lean & organic diet. So far my energy has been through the roof and I've been able to wake up early in the morning to do insanity workouts. But man I can't wait to eat again starting tomorrow!
    "Its YOU vs. YOU"

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Sounds dumb - since most of the time your would not be meeting macro sufficiency. So you would lose muscle.

By the way "detox" is not a real thing. You don't really accumulate toxins and have to do a special diet to 'flush them out'. You might lose some water weight due to your digestive tract partially emptying but as soon as you start eating normally again, this fills up again.

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I urge you to avoid obvious scams.

BallAb0veAll will become famous soon enough. (+50) BallAb0veAll will become famous soon enough. (+50) BallAb0veAll will become famous soon enough. (+50) BallAb0veAll will become famous soon enough. (+50) BallAb0veAll will become famous soon enough. (+50) BallAb0veAll will become famous soon enough. (+50) BallAb0veAll will become famous soon enough. (+50) BallAb0veAll will become famous soon enough. (+50) BallAb0veAll will become famous soon enough. (+50) BallAb0veAll will become famous soon enough. (+50) BallAb0veAll will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post
    I urge you to avoid obvious scams.
    How is it a scam would you say? Especially if it's free? I'm not saying it isn't, just would like further input.
    "Its YOU vs. YOU"

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Sounds dumb - since most of the time your would not be meeting macro sufficiency. So you would lose muscle.

By the way "detox" is not a real thing. You don't really accumulate toxins and have to do a special diet to 'flush them out'. You might lose some water weight due to your digestive tract partially emptying but as soon as you start eating normally again, this fills up again.
    It's less than five days without protein so I think I can handle the muscle loss that'll be gained back right away. Personally, I haven't even experienced muscle loss yet. And what makes you say "toxins" don't build up in our system? You aware that heavy metals accumulate in our body? From just about everywhere in our environment? Have you ever been to a kinesiologist? Who actually tests your body's reaction to certain "toxins" and nutrients? I think it is naive to think that it isn't possible for negative particles, anomalies, toxins, whatever you'd like to refer to it as, to build up in our system.

Ever smoke tobacco? weed? THC can be considered a toxin and it's stored in your fat cells. Therefore allowing "detox" to happen.

Last, many research articles show that Alzheimer patients have one huge thing in common, a build up of aluminum in their brain.

I appreciate your input but I disagree with the fact that it is not possible for toxins to build up in our system.
    "Its YOU vs. YOU"

KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BallAb0veAll View Post
    It's less than five days without protein so I think I can handle the muscle loss that'll be gained back right away. Personally, I haven't even experienced muscle loss yet. And what makes you say "toxins" don't build up in our system? You aware that heavy metals accumulate in our body? From just about everywhere in our environment? Have you ever been to a kinesiologist? Who actually tests your body's reaction to certain "toxins" and nutrients? I think it is naive to think that it isn't possible for negative particles, anomalies, toxins, whatever you'd like to refer to it as, to build up in our system.

Ever smoke tobacco? weed? THC can be considered a toxin and it's stored in your fat cells. Therefore allowing "detox" to happen.

Last, many research articles show that Alzheimer patients have one huge thing in common, a build up of aluminum in their brain.

I appreciate your input but I disagree with the fact that it is not possible for toxins to build up in our system.
    I'm not sure why you would be okay with losing muscle.

Originally Posted by KayPS View Post
    I'm not sure why you would be okay with losing muscle.
    Well I generally don't let my ego control my state of mind. I'm not saying you do, but losing minimal muscle is not going to make me unhappy. I am very happy with my muscle and the way I look. The muscle that may be lost this week is nothing compared to what I'll put back on this next year. Also, in my opinion, health > looks. This is the best I've ever felt, I rarely ever get sick, my focus has exponentially increased as well as my abilities to excel in academics and the work place. Perhaps that's why I'm okay with losing muscle
    "Its YOU vs. YOU"

KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KayPS has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    My confusion had nothing to do with how you look. Appearance is an aftereffect of good health.

My confusion had nothing to do with how you look. Appearance is an aftereffect of good health.
    My health surely won't be affected by the amount of muscle lost in five days.
    "Its YOU vs. YOU"

WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Engaging in unhealthy and disorder eating, even for just five days, is not advisable.

Learning a bit about nutrition and physiology as a prophylactic to being scammed by such absurd dietary advice would be prudent.

Engaging in unhealthy and disorder eating, even for just five days, is not advisable.

Learning a bit about nutrition and physiology as a prophylactic to being scammed by such absurd dietary advice would be prudent.
    I'll listen to my body before I listen to you call it a disorder or unhealthy eating. My body is running perfectly, I work out with even more energy, and tomorrow I start eating again. You need to open your mind. Which I find is harder to do when people are drinking processed protein shakes, protein bars, fast food, etc.

My best friend is "bulkier" than me and I'm skinny compared to him. Yet I can outperform him on the weights. The way I'm feeling right now, you can't tell me anything. I started this thread to see if anyone has engaged in this "alpha reset". Not to hear skeptics point their finger at ideas that aren't popular yet and tell me there's no such things as toxins.

Opening your mind would be prudent.
    "Its YOU vs. YOU"

I started this thread to see if anyone has engaged in this "alpha reset". Not to hear skeptics...
    That's the problem.

You want confirmation of your path, despite the fact that those who actually know something about the domain will, pretty much universally, tell you that you're engaging in unhealthy, disorder eating.

Scams like "Alpha Rest" require a naive audience as knowledge is a prophylactic to nonsense.

This is the pdf for the program: http://www.juicingsaturdaystrategy.com/o/alphaprep.pdf
    And here is further information on juicing: http://www.juicinganimals.com/member...ormation-plan/

Regardless, basically you juice fast for three days, add egg whites in on the fourth day, white meat on the fifth day, and then slowly add back in your usual intake from before.

Supposedly this helps power-wash your intestines from all the residue/mucoid plaque and then your body is able to absorb nutrients much better leading to enhanced muscle building and fat loss.

I'm on day three which is where I'm supposed to hit a wall from the detox. But prior to this I juiced regularly and ate an extremely lean & organic diet. So far my energy has been through the roof and I've been able to wake up early in the morning to do insanity workouts. But man I can't wait to eat again starting tomorrow!
    I'll listen to my body before I listen to you call it a disorder or unhealthy eating. My body is running perfectly, I work out with even more energy, and tomorrow I start eating again. You need to open your mind. Which I find is harder to do when people are drinking processed protein shakes, protein bars, fast food, etc.

My best friend is "bulkier" than me and I'm skinny compared to him. Yet I can outperform him on the weights. The way I'm feeling right now, you can't tell me anything. I started this thread to see if anyone has engaged in this "alpha reset". Not to hear skeptics point their finger at ideas that aren't popular yet and tell me there's no such things as toxins.

Opening your mind would be prudent.
    Your posts are contradictory. You're either looking for someone's opinion or you're not.

And if you've ever read any of Pug's other posts, you'd know that he's opposed to processed shakes, etc. So your argument is ridiculous.

That's the problem. You want confirmation of your path, despite the fact that those who actually know something about the domain will, pretty much universally, tell you that you're engaging in unhealthy, disorder eating.
    Well you can perceive it as looking for confirmation. But requesting people's reviews based on what they experienced is not looking for confirmation when someone can tell me a completely negative experience that I'll listen to.

"Just wondering if anyone has tried this before and what their take on it is?" Hence not looking for confirmation. Also, I supplied the links for anyone who hasn't heard of it. I'm not looking for anyone to critique my decision to choose to do this.

Check out the documentary, Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead. Or perhaps the multitude of reviews of peoples' experience on juicing or a quick few day juice fast. Obviously you're intelligent but it's always good to challenge your beliefs. Once again, I know my body better than anyone else as you do yours. Our genes are different. If I experienced some sort of breakdown or unhealthy weakening in my body today, yesterday, or the first day I would have surely pulled off this and route back to my usual intake. Which is all whole food, no supplements.
    "Its YOU vs. YOU"

Well you can perceive it as looking for confirmation. But requesting people's reviews based on what they experienced is not looking for confirmation when someone can tell me a completely negative experience that I'll listen to.
    Would you asking smokers if smoking is unhealthy or would you look to research to determine the health impacts?

Good luck with your "Alpha Rest" goals.

You're not going to get the validation you're looking for here, dude. Time to move on.

Your posts are contradictory. You're either looking for someone's opinion or you're not.

And if you've ever read any of Pug's other posts, you'd know that he's opposed to processed shakes, etc. So your argument is ridiculous.
    Have you tried this before? Nope. Therefore that's not what I'm looking for. "Just wondering if anyone has tried this before and what their take on it is?"

"what their take on it is?" is a subordinate clause therefore referring to the basis of people who have tried this before. Your argument is ridiculous as well. I'm looking for people's experience with this. There are plenty of reviews elsewhere but I wanted to check out this community that I've been a part of for awhile. I appreciate your input but it really is the relevant to the point of this thread.
    "Its YOU vs. YOU"

RambosHomie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RambosHomie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RambosHomie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RambosHomie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RambosHomie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RambosHomie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RambosHomie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RambosHomie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RambosHomie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RambosHomie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RambosHomie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

"Just wondering if anyone has tried this before and what their take on it is?" Hence not looking for confirmation. Also, I supplied the links for anyone who hasn't heard of it. I'm not looking for anyone to critique my decision to choose to do this.

Check out the documentary, Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead. Or perhaps the multitude of reviews of peoples' experience on juicing or a quick few day juice fast. Obviously you're intelligent but it's always good to challenge your beliefs. Once again, I know my body better than anyone else as you do yours. Our genes are different. If I experienced some sort of breakdown or unhealthy weakening in my body today, yesterday, or the first day I would have surely pulled off this and route back to my usual intake. Which is all whole food, no supplements.
    I've seen that documentary. My sister literally forced me and my parents to watch it since she turned vegetarian and started juicing. You know they sell the same juicer the guy used? My parents bought it after being "convinced" of that ish.

I disagree'd with more or less the whole documentary though

You're not going to get the validation you're looking for here, dude. Time to move on.
    Well I'm happy knowing what my intentions are compared to yours. Good luck with your goals.
    "Its YOU vs. YOU"

Originally Posted by RambosHomie View Post
    I've seen that documentary. My sister literally forced me and my parents to watch it since she turned vegetarian and started juicing. You know they sell the same juicer the guy used? My parents bought it after being "convinced" of that ish.

I disagree'd with more or less the whole documentary though
    I would say it's safe to assume that the documentary is going to promote the sale or reputation of a product or person. Most people don't need such a dramatic regime unless they're overweight. I've seen the benefits of juicing (not juice fasting) with a close family member who claims he would be dead today if he didn't start juicing years back because of mental & physical deterioration from sickness. I've got a manager who was overweight and has lost over 25 pounds. Vitals are improved and steady. I think what I took from the documentary is a change of lifestyle. Not to buy their juicer even though that's what it translates to for some people.
    "Its YOU vs. YOU"

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz

I never said that toxins do not exist. I merely said that you cannot flush them out by eating some weird diet. Poisoning by heavy metals is rather more serious that simply requiring a good dump.

What is it that you suppose is being 'flushed out' of your GI tract by drinking juice and the correct colour meat?

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz

You wouldn't be trollin, would you, brah?
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

RambosHomie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RambosHomie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RambosHomie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RambosHomie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RambosHomie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RambosHomie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RambosHomie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RambosHomie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RambosHomie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RambosHomie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) RambosHomie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I would say it's safe to assume that the documentary is going to promote the sale or reputation of a product or person. Most people don't need such a dramatic regime unless they're overweight. I've seen the benefits of juicing (not juice fasting) with a close family member who claims he would be dead today if he didn't start juicing years back because of mental & physical deterioration from sickness. I've got a manager who was overweight and has lost over 25 pounds. Vitals are improved and steady. I think what I took from the documentary is a change of lifestyle. Not to buy their juicer even though that's what it translates to for some people.
    For the population that is overweight (a lot of the U.S), a very low calorie diet from juicing will definately help you lose weight. I'm unconvinced that it would be the "healthy" route to take and can't imagine the effect it has on the body's metabolism (amongst other things).

Anyway, not to derail your thread. If this "Alpha Reset" works for you the more power to you bro. I don't think it would sit well for most people here though

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    I never said that toxins do not exist. I merely said that you cannot flush them out by eating some weird diet. Poisoning by heavy metals is rather more serious that simply requiring a good dump.

What is it that you suppose is being 'flushed out' of your GI tract by drinking juice and the correct colour meat?
    I would say with today's diet it is very possible for substances, undigested foods, and other things to build up on the walls of our intestines let alone store themselves in our cells. Juicing is a super-potent shot of nutrients that is directly absorbed into the bloodstream. Many of the nutrients in these vegetables also bind to toxins in our system and help flush them out. Cilantro is good for binding with mercury along with other heavy metals and Chlorella is great for flushing it out. Kale is a detoxifying agent with multiple Glucosinolates, chlorophyll content in many leafy greens remove metals like lead, the spice turmeric detoxifies the liver, and there is much much more.

Bottom line, I would assume the lack of digesting food along with loads of fiber (in my case chia seeds), and 10-12 cups of juiced vegetables (usually 6 to 10 different kinds of veggies at a time) cups a day helps push everything through your GI tract as well as expel "toxins" that occur and buildup in the body. I also generally drink at least a gallon of water a day give or take.

But since I started juicing around a year ago, the benefits I continue to notice are distinguishable and endless it seems.
    "Its YOU vs. YOU"

Originally Posted by RambosHomie View Post
    For the population that is overweight (a lot of the U.S), a very low calorie diet from juicing will definately help you lose weight. I'm unconvinced that it would be the "healthy" route to take and can't imagine the effect it has on the body's metabolism (amongst other things).

Anyway, not to derail your thread. If this "Alpha Reset" works for you the more power to you bro. I don't think it would sit well for most people here though
    You're right, I agree. My take on my body is very alternative to what most peoples' are.

Regardless of what I was looking for when starting this thread, I got peoples' perspectives and ideas.

If this works out, I'll update the community with my results. "Alpha Reset" is pretty new I guess and there are few reviews for it online. I can't even find negative articles when I type in "Scam" and other words with it.

Thanks
    "Its YOU vs. YOU"

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    No. Even though it definitely seems that way to people. I just wanted to see if anyone had any positive or negative light about this "alpha reset" if they tried it. My goal is to give back and help others so I'll provide a very modest update after this is over
    "Its YOU vs. YOU"

I had hoped he was.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    No. Even though it definitely seems that way to people. I just wanted to see if anyone had any positive or negative light about this "alpha reset" if they tried it. My goal is to give back and help others so I'll provide a very modest update after this is over
    On the slight chance that you're actually looking for information, rather than simply trying to stir up controversy with all the hot-button phrases you've been posting ITT, have a look here, paying particular attention to all posts authored by Alan Aragon:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=616628
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

On the slight chance that you're actually looking for information, rather than simply trying to stir up controversy with all the hot-button phrases you've been posting ITT, have a look here, paying particular attention to all posts authored by Alan Aragon:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=616628
    Thanks,

bookmarked the links. Will check it out after class. I should probably watch the way I talk to people so I don't come across so ignorant.
    "Its YOU vs. YOU"

Come at me, bro! foodandfitness's Avatar
    foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Any diet that:

1. Restricts intake of food groups (even if temporary)
    2. Uses the word "detox"
    3. Doesn't take into account individual macro/micronutrient needs based off individual assessments

... is a fad diet. OP, your alpha reset diet is retarded. The only thing you should be swallowing right now is your pride. Listen to the other posters in this thread and read the nutrition stickies. Your diet is something that has to be individualized based on your goals, preferences, and tolerances. Any diet book that spoon feeds you a program as such, should be avoided. Good luck, OP.