GxRay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GxRay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GxRay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GxRay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GxRay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GxRay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GxRay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GxRay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GxRay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GxRay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GxRay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Is SS or a full body workout better for aesthetics?

I've been doing starting strength for about a month, but my main reason for doing it is for aesthetics, and I was wondering if a full body routine (e.g. chest on monday, legs on tuesday, etc.) was better for muscle definition and aesthetics?

Thanks!

Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000) Bruno93 is just really nice. (+1000)
    There's better routines out there for a beginner when it comes to hypertrophy, ALTHOUGH, I'd still recommend you doing SS when you first start, so you get some strength that will aid you later down the road.

The most important thing when it comes to gaining mass is your diet.
    https://www.instagram.com/brunobastos_93/
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCshN_nywHWNFH836xZ7VjtQ?view_as=subscriber

NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000) NewbieX2 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by GxRay View Post
    I've been doing starting strength for about a month, but my main reason for doing it is for aesthetics, and I was wondering if a full body routine (e.g. chest on monday, legs on tuesday, etc.) was better for muscle definition and aesthetics?

Thanks!
    Now I'm only just getting into this bodybuilding stuff, so I may be wrong, but I think full body is exactly like Starting Strength, where you work out your entire body in one workout. What you're talking about is typically referred to as a split.

As for which is better for aesthetics...I don't have a good answer to that, but I am very partial to upper/lower and full body.
    ★★★USF MISC CREW★★★
    **MISC Strength Crew**

"If thou wilt make a man happy, add not unto his riches but take away from his desires." - Epicurus

PRs
    500/405/615

Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=159250211

XLiberty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XLiberty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XLiberty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XLiberty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XLiberty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XLiberty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XLiberty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XLiberty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XLiberty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XLiberty has a spectacular aura about. (+250) XLiberty has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by GxRay View Post

Thanks!
    at your age the only real answer you will get on here is starting strength, which i have to agree is best for a beginner. depends really if you want to squat 3x a week though... try SS and see if you enjoy it, then maybe go on to a 5x5 workout or something similar

ThaJudge has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Full body means full body in one workout, ie SS. You're talking about a split, which imo are not as useful but to each their own. Upper/lowers are a good balance between the two, you get frequency while being able to adequately hit each muscle without being there for 2 hours.

OhMightyOne will become famous soon enough. (+50) OhMightyOne will become famous soon enough. (+50) OhMightyOne will become famous soon enough. (+50) OhMightyOne will become famous soon enough. (+50) OhMightyOne will become famous soon enough. (+50) OhMightyOne will become famous soon enough. (+50) OhMightyOne will become famous soon enough. (+50) OhMightyOne will become famous soon enough. (+50) OhMightyOne will become famous soon enough. (+50) OhMightyOne will become famous soon enough. (+50) OhMightyOne will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Upper/lower is a good idea.

phillyfreak7 is a name known to all. (+5000) phillyfreak7 is a name known to all. (+5000) phillyfreak7 is a name known to all. (+5000) phillyfreak7 is a name known to all. (+5000) phillyfreak7 is a name known to all. (+5000) phillyfreak7 is a name known to all. (+5000) phillyfreak7 is a name known to all. (+5000) phillyfreak7 is a name known to all. (+5000) phillyfreak7 is a name known to all. (+5000) phillyfreak7 is a name known to all. (+5000) phillyfreak7 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    OP you need strength and muscle mass to have aesthetics. Get your bench, squat, and dead up and eat clean.
    355 Bench
    565 Dead
    520 Parallel Box Squat

XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) XShreddedX is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Best routine for gaining mass is

Lots of food(healthy food though) 6x7days a week

Any workout routine will work as long as you lift hard doesnt matter if its full body 5-day split etc... get a great diet, work hard and grow, stop over analyzing things.
    Staple Supplements:

Allmax Nutrition Isoflex
    Universal Animal Pak
    Universal Animal Rage
    iForce Hemavol
    Thermolife C-bol
    Orange Oximega Fish oil
    Every time you don't give 100%...
    You make it that much easier for me to beat you... -Anonymous

GxRay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GxRay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GxRay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GxRay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GxRay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GxRay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GxRay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GxRay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GxRay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GxRay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GxRay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Okay, thanks everyone!
    Much appreciated.