Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by NaturalPursuit View Post
    IN for this!!! Loving that diet!!!!
    Thanks! My diet is simple and easy, tastes good, and gives me results, so I am happy with it

Swollking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So these are the underhand shoulder/or close width chinups and not overhand pullups?

What are good macros for buffalo? I hear it lean but it cant be all lean right? One serving i got was 11g fat with 4 g being saturated fat. Prob about 4 oz patty...

Originally Posted by Beast View Post
    Diet Update

My current diet is as follows:

Meal #1
    1.5 Scoops Scivation Whey
    1 Cup Oatmeal
    20g Raw Almond Butter
    10g Raw Honey
    8 oz. Unflavored Almond Milk

Meal #2 (PWO)
    1.5 Scoops Scivation Whey
    1 Cup Oatmeal
    10g Raw Honey
    1 Cup Raw Whole Milk

Meal #3
    6 oz. Grass Fed Beef
    2 Slices Ezekiel Bread
    2 oz. Sweet Potato Fries
    15 Almonds/Cashews

Meal #4
    6 oz. Free Range Chicken
    4 oz. Sweet Potato Fries OR Brown Rice Cakes
    15g of fat from Coconut/Coconut Oil (usually cook the chicken in this)

Meal #5
    4 Whole Free Range Eggs
    2 oz. of whatever meat I have cooked
    4 Slices Ezekiel Bread or 8 oz. Potato (Or a mix of both)

Macros Totals (if you plug everything into a calorie counting program):
    Protein = 250g
    Fat = 90g
    carbs = 330g

Training 1/26/12
    Deadlifts 495 X 3, 2, 1

Followed that up with some leg curls and other posterior chain work. I had wanted to get 495 X 5, but that wasn't happening today.

Training 1/27/11
    Chin-Ups
    BW X 8
    BW+25 X 5
    BW+50 X 4
    BW+75 X 3
    BW+100 X 1

Followed that up with some shoulder pressing, shrugs, and BB curls.

Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz Beast has the mod powerz
    1/29/12 Training

Squats- worked up to 345 X 8. I have been doing primarily lower rep training on squats and decided to add in some higher (is it odd that 8 reps is high rep to me? LOL) rep training. I forgot how mentally demanding higher rep squatting is. When squatting 1-5 reps you don't really have to "dig deep" and crank out reps when you think you can't any more.

Followed this up with some hack squats, single leg leg press, and some core work.

1/30/12

I usually don't do seated military press because my gym doesn't have a good setup for it and I don't like doing it with an incline bench (I like the shorter shoulder press bench better) in the power rack, but set up a bench in the power rack anyways to do it. The setup was actually decent. Worked up to 185 X 8.

Followed this up with a BUNCH of pull-ups/chin-ups (different grip variations), shrugs, machine shoulder press, and machine shrugs. I had planned to do some bicep training, but I felt I didn't need to after all the pull-ups... I think I did a total of 12 sets using various grips LOL.

Is the grass fed beef in sirloin steak fashion or just ground beef?

Thanks! My diet is simple and easy, tastes good, and gives me results, so I am happy with it

Originally Posted by Swollking View Post
    So these are the underhand shoulder/or close width chinups and not overhand pullups?

What are good macros for buffalo? I hear it lean but it cant be all lean right? One serving i got was 11g fat with 4 g being saturated fat. Prob about 4 oz patty...
    Under grip about shoulder width apart.

Not sure on the buffalo, though I have heard it is pretty lean. A 90/10 meat has 11g fat per 4 oz. before cooking. When eating grass fed meats eating the fats is beneficial, especially the saturated fats. The raw whole milk I use has 11g of fat (almost all saturated) per 8 oz.

Is the grass fed beef in sirloin steak fashion or just ground beef?
    Right now I am mainly using grass fed ground sirloin, which I get for $5/pound. I was getting grass fed flank steak ($10/lb) too, but have been doing almost all ground sirloin as of late to save a little money.

bbqwizard is just really nice. (+1000) bbqwizard is just really nice. (+1000) bbqwizard is just really nice. (+1000) bbqwizard is just really nice. (+1000) bbqwizard is just really nice. (+1000) bbqwizard is just really nice. (+1000) bbqwizard is just really nice. (+1000) bbqwizard is just really nice. (+1000) bbqwizard is just really nice. (+1000) bbqwizard is just really nice. (+1000) bbqwizard is just really nice. (+1000)
    only half the pizza Derek?..lol

MASSMADETOLAST is just really nice. (+1000) MASSMADETOLAST is just really nice. (+1000) MASSMADETOLAST is just really nice. (+1000) MASSMADETOLAST is just really nice. (+1000) MASSMADETOLAST is just really nice. (+1000) MASSMADETOLAST is just really nice. (+1000) MASSMADETOLAST is just really nice. (+1000) MASSMADETOLAST is just really nice. (+1000) MASSMADETOLAST is just really nice. (+1000) MASSMADETOLAST is just really nice. (+1000) MASSMADETOLAST is just really nice. (+1000)

You can say that again! It works like a champ
    x xTraining Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136977983

hamplition is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hamplition is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hamplition is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hamplition is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hamplition is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hamplition is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hamplition is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hamplition is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hamplition is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hamplition is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hamplition is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If you like pizza so much, why dont you just make it yourself so you can incorporate in your diet

Btw would you happen to know where the sugar in vanilla almond milk comes from? They don't sell unsweetened around here :/

Originally Posted by bbqwizard View Post
    only half the pizza Derek?..lol
    Yeah don't want to get too crazy now LOL!

Originally Posted by MASSMADETOLAST View Post
    You can say that again! It works like a champ
    I find with this set up I am not hungry in the evenings, which was an issue for me before.

Originally Posted by hamplition View Post
    If you like pizza so much, why dont you just make it yourself so you can incorporate in your diet

Btw would you happen to know where the sugar in vanilla almond milk comes from? They don't sell unsweetened around here :/
    Note to self, officially add pizza to daily diet

I am guessing they add sugar for sweetness. I get unsweetened almond from Trader Joe's.

Training 2-1-12 Deadlift Day

Continuing with the higher rep theme this week I hit 425 X 8 on deadlifts. I could have cranked out a couple more reps, but I was aiming for 8 reps so I stopped there. I kind of wish I did more reps to see what I could hit, but am satisfied with this performance.

Followed this up with some good mornings, leg curls, and core work.

Feeling STRONG!

-FitDaddy- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -FitDaddy- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -FitDaddy- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -FitDaddy- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -FitDaddy- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -FitDaddy- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -FitDaddy- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -FitDaddy- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -FitDaddy- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -FitDaddy- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) -FitDaddy- has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I love following this thread, so much good info! A few questions for you:

With your current diet (330g carb/250g protein/90g fat) calculating to be 3130 kcals, how much weight are you gaining? I would've thought a person with your size/muscle mass would have to eat more than that to put on weight.

Where do you buy your grass fed beef and ezekiel bread?

Thanks for your time, your threads are always motivating!

Originally Posted by -FitDaddy- View Post
    I love following this thread, so much good info! A few questions for you:

With your current diet (330g carb/250g protein/90g fat) calculating to be 3130 kcals, how much weight are you gaining? I would've thought a person with your size/muscle mass would have to eat more than that to put on weight.

Where do you buy your grass fed beef and ezekiel bread?

Thanks for your time, your threads are always motivating!
    Great to hear you are enjoying this thread!

I honestly have no clue how much weight I am gaining. I have only weighed myself ONCE since my last competition on Oct 1st 2011 LOL. All I know is my strength has been steadily increasing and my thoughts are if you are gaining strength you most likely are gaining muscle.

I get my grass fed beef and other organic produce at my local farmer's market. Ohio, like Michigan, has a lot of farms so I am sure you could find a local farmer's market. I know Whole Foods sells grass fed beef as well, though I prefer to buy it locally so I know exactly what the source is and that is it for sure grass fed (not saying Whole Food's isn't). Sometimes cows will be grass fed until they are taken somewhere where they are "grain finished" before being slaughtered for their meat.

I get my Ezekiel Bread at Trader Joe's though most stores carry it now.

soujerz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soujerz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soujerz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soujerz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soujerz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soujerz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soujerz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soujerz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soujerz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Derek if i am reading your current diet correctly 2 slices of ezekiel bread it 30 grams of carbs and 2 oz of sweet potato fries is about 15 grams of carbs correct?

so 45 grams of carbs for meal 3

and 30 grams of carbs in meal 4 4oz sweet potato fries

but meal 5 is 60 grams of carbs from 4 slices of ezekiel bread or 8 oz potato.
    Question, why are you doing more carbs in your last meal of the day?

soujerz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soujerz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soujerz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soujerz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soujerz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soujerz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soujerz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soujerz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) soujerz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    also a question regarding Novem. Is it 187mg caffeine in 2 scoops or 1 scoop?

Originally Posted by soujerz View Post
    Derek if i am reading your current diet correctly 2 slices of ezekiel bread it 30 grams of carbs and 2 oz of sweet potato fries is about 15 grams of carbs correct?

so 45 grams of carbs for meal 3

and 30 grams of carbs in meal 4 4oz sweet potato fries

but meal 5 is 60 grams of carbs from 4 slices of ezekiel bread or 8 oz potato.
    Question, why are you doing more carbs in your last meal of the day?
    2 oz. Sweet Potato Fries has 30g of carbs. Meals 3-5 all have 6-g of carbs in them.

also a question regarding Novem. Is it 187mg caffeine in 2 scoops or 1 scoop?
    We recently changed the scooper in Novem so now 1 scoop = 1 serving = 187mg caffeine.

I still don't quite get it Derek, everywhere i look online it says 1oz of sweet potato is about 6 grams of carbs. Also in the scivation diet ebooks it says 8 oz of sweet potato is 60 grams of carbs? Do the sweet potato fries lose weight when they cook so 2 oz cooked is really 4 oz raw?

2 oz. Sweet Potato Fries has 30g of carbs. Meals 3-5 all have 6-g of carbs in them.

We recently changed the scooper in Novem so now 1 scoop = 1 serving = 187mg caffeine.

I still don't quite get it Derek, everywhere i look online it says 1oz of sweet potato is about 6 grams of carbs. Also in the scivation diet ebooks it says 8 oz of sweet potato is 60 grams of carbs? Do the sweet potato fries lose weight when they cook so 2 oz cooked is really 4 oz raw?
    8 oz. cooked sweet potato = 60 grams of carbs. When you bake sweet potatoes into fries you are basically dehydrating them. 1 oz. of sweet potato fries = 15g of carbs due to taking all of the water out of them. 4 oz. sweet potato fries = 8 oz. cooked sweet potato = 60g carbs.

bilestyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) bilestyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) bilestyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) bilestyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) bilestyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) bilestyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) bilestyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) bilestyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) bilestyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) bilestyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) bilestyle is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Wink

Thanks Paul!

Thanks Anne-Marie. I remember when I was at my contest weight pull-ups were EASY! It felt like I was pulling up nothing. I am sure you will regain your pull-up strength.

For me personally I think I am ok to keep the cheat meal in for a while during my prep, but when the contest gets closer I need to remove it. In the offseason, I say one meal of whatever you want is fine. I personally don't eat any fried food. I usually just eat 1/2 a pizza
    I am very dissapointed. After all these years I have followed and looked up to you, I find out the best you can do is only 1/2 a pizza? I hope it's an XL at least.
    “The greater danger for most of us lies not in setting our aim too high and falling short; but in setting our aim too low, and achieving our mark.” - Michaelangelo

hamplition is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hamplition is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hamplition is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hamplition is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hamplition is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hamplition is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hamplition is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hamplition is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hamplition is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hamplition is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) hamplition is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    How do you make your sweet potatoe fries?

Originally Posted by bilestyle View Post
    I am very dissapointed. After all these years I have followed and looked up to you, I find out the best you can do is only 1/2 a pizza? I hope it's an XL at least.
    LOL! That is me controlling myself. I can put away some food that is for sure

Originally Posted by hamplition View Post
    How do you make your sweet potatoe fries?
    Cut up sweet potato into fry shape, put on cookie sheet (after spraying sheet with non-stick spray), cook for 1 hour or so at 350. DONE!

RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Thats for sure!

Cut up sweet potato into fry shape, put on cookie sheet (after spraying sheet with non-stick spray), cook for 1 hour or so at 350. DONE!
    Love these! Wish I could have some now. Carbs are too low atm..
    "If you're not experiencing severe mental anxiety and depression after two weeks then you're not training hard enough!"
    - Charles Poliquin

"Before there is pleasure, there must be pain!" -GSP

http://www.resultsbyrandy.com/

RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000) RUBICON19 is just really nice. (+1000)
    So, whats the current program set up like? I see you are again putting major focus on the big 3, which is perfect IMO..
    "If you're not experiencing severe mental anxiety and depression after two weeks then you're not training hard enough!"
    - Charles Poliquin

"Before there is pleasure, there must be pain!" -GSP

http://www.resultsbyrandy.com/

Originally Posted by RUBICON19 View Post
    So, whats the current program set up like? I see you are again putting major focus on the big 3, which is perfect IMO..
    Yup focuses on the big 3 and chin-up and/or push press strength. I think I have 3 of 4 workouts exactly how I want them and am still playing around with the 4th one.

Smile cardio ?

Would you recommend maxot cardio after a workout? And how do you actually set it up. Just interval training on a high level of resistance..

Yup focuses on the big 3 and chin-up and/or push press strength. I think I have 3 of 4 workouts exactly how I want them and am still playing around with the 4th one.

Would you recommend maxot cardio after a workout? And how do you actually set it up. Just interval training on a high level of resistance..
    I personally prefer to do cardio separate from weight training if possible, but if you can't doing it post-workout is ok. If I remember correctly, MAX-OT cardio is simply 16 minutes of high-intensity cardio done on the interval setting of a machine.

MASSMADETOLAST is just really nice. (+1000) MASSMADETOLAST is just really nice. (+1000) MASSMADETOLAST is just really nice. (+1000) MASSMADETOLAST is just really nice. (+1000) MASSMADETOLAST is just really nice. (+1000) MASSMADETOLAST is just really nice. (+1000) MASSMADETOLAST is just really nice. (+1000) MASSMADETOLAST is just really nice. (+1000) MASSMADETOLAST is just really nice. (+1000) MASSMADETOLAST is just really nice. (+1000) MASSMADETOLAST is just really nice. (+1000)
    ^^^ I would also like to add to Derek's post on Max-OT Cardio:

You simply pick an interval/random hill setting on the bike and progressively build on it from there...so lets just say you start with Level 9...do that session, log the details of that session into your logbook, and then keep on trying to beat your previous cardio performance each time. Whether it's jumping another level or peddling more intensely, the bottom line is to continuously beat your previous best.
    x xTraining Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136977983

2-5-12 Training Highlights- Squats
    Hit 365 X 5 on squats. IT band/hip felt good, lower back felt fine. Right now I am just focused on slow and steady increases.

I tried a couple new band distraction stretches post-workout and I think they will make a HUGE difference in my mobility!

2-6-12 Training Highlights- Push Press + Chin-Ups

Push Press- ramped up to 155 X 5 and then 175 X 3. My PR on this is 225 X 1, but for the last few months I have felt weak on this movement. It felt good, no shoulder or elbow pain, so that is a plus. I think instead of focusing on the weight lifting on this exercise I am going to focus on a little more on volume and do multiple sets with a sub-maximal weight.

Chin-Ups
    BW+50 X 5, 5, 4, 3

NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    365 x 5 for squats is nice!!! lovin those numbers bro!!! hope everything in the hip department remains good!!
    advertising not permitted

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast