WIPump is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WIPump is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WIPump is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WIPump is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WIPump is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WIPump is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WIPump is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WIPump is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WIPump is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WIPump is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WIPump is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Can I eat steel cut oats raw?

I hate the consistency/texture of oatmeal, makes me gag... Can I just mix some raw steel cut oats with yogurt? Or will my body not be able to breakdown and process it...

Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Sibrek is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    yeah won't matter

Fitsho is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fitsho is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fitsho is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fitsho is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fitsho is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fitsho is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fitsho is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fitsho is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fitsho is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fitsho is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Fitsho is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    yeah, you can mix raw oats with whatever you'd like. Why don't you try Ezekiel cereal? It is crunchy and you can mix that into your yogurt or heat it up with some water instead of oats for a slightly different consistency. And it has absolutely no flour in it, Ezekiel is made with oats, grains, legumes, etc.
    mod@http://prrsguru.proboards66.com/index.cgi

Caring about how much fat is burned during cardio makes as much sense as caring about how much muscle is built during weight training.

"Disregard him entirely to the extent possible. He cannot help you." -EMISGOD

Wooderson316 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wooderson316 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wooderson316 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wooderson316 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wooderson316 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wooderson316 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wooderson316 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wooderson316 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wooderson316 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wooderson316 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wooderson316 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Steal cut oats are a staple of my breakfast.

8oz mixed fruit
    20gm steel cut oats
    17gm rolled oats
    112gm low-fat cottage cheese
    28gm fat-free fa.ge greek yogurt

yum.

SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i never cook my oats, i just pour milk into it and eat it like that, i never cook it.

Rex914 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rex914 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rex914 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rex914 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rex914 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rex914 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Seanl262 View Post
    I hate the consistency/texture of oatmeal, makes me gag... Can I just mix some raw steel cut oats with yogurt? Or will my body not be able to breakdown and process it...
    Ever tried Irish oatmeal? Quaker is pretty nasty due to its palid, lifeless taste, but Irish oatmeal has a "sweeter" taste to it. Not in the sugary sense but the natural sweetness. (like how certain seafood can be "sweet" such as good fish or shellfish)

- Jon

LiFtHaTiRoN will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiFtHaTiRoN will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiFtHaTiRoN will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiFtHaTiRoN will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiFtHaTiRoN will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiFtHaTiRoN will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiFtHaTiRoN will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiFtHaTiRoN will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiFtHaTiRoN will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiFtHaTiRoN will become famous soon enough. (+50) LiFtHaTiRoN will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    you can eat any oats raw.
    Two years he walks the earth, no phone no pool, no pets, no cigarettes.
    Ultimate Freedom. An Extremist. An aesthetic voyager who?s home is The Road. So now after two rambling years comes a final and greatest adventure: the climactic battle to kill the false being within, victoriously concludes a spiritual revolution. No longer to be poisoned by civilization he flees and walks alone upon the land to become Lost In The Wild.
    -Alexander Supertramp May, 1992

SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000) SDOptimist is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Rex914 View Post
    Ever tried Irish oatmeal? Quaker is pretty nasty due to its palid, lifeless taste, but Irish oatmeal has a "sweeter" taste to it. Not in the sugary sense but the natural sweetness. (like how certain seafood can be "sweet" such as good fish or shellfish)

- Jon

ya but its all about price and serving size. i can get a huge thing of generic reg ordinary oats for very very cheap and it has alot of servings. almost looks 3x bigger than that irish oats.

Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Richie_Awesome is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    raw
    If life gives you AIDS, make lemonAIDS

ISSA Certified CFT

Rex914 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rex914 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rex914 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rex914 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rex914 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rex914 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SDOptimist View Post
    ya but its all about price and serving size. i can get a huge thing of generic reg ordinary oats for very very cheap and it has alot of servings. almost looks 3x bigger than that irish oats.
    Aye. Different priorities and desires. I'm a foodie and can't help it, so I go for the good stuff. Then again, I take no supplements, so I get to spend the money saved on buying more interesting food.

- Jon

WIPump is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WIPump is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WIPump is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WIPump is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WIPump is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WIPump is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WIPump is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WIPump is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WIPump is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WIPump is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) WIPump is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

- Jon
    Yeah, actually I have some organic brand... Irish steel cut oats

Thx for the responses, I tried eating the oatmeal (cooked with water) this morning.... worst texture EVER, on top of that I had no brown sugar or any sweetener in it=/

Aye. Different priorities and desires. I'm a foodie and can't help it, so I go for the good stuff. Then again, I take no supplements, so I get to spend the money saved on buying more interesting food.

- Jon
    ya i dont really take supps either, except for protein shake and mult vitamins and either fish/flax oil, which is all on the cheap side.

but man if im going to spend more money on food for taste then the money i save up all goes to sushi. i crave sushi every day. but ofcourse cant eat it every day, cant even afford to eat it once a week, well maybe, but it can get pricy.

workout guy will become famous soon enough. (+50) workout guy will become famous soon enough. (+50) workout guy will become famous soon enough. (+50) workout guy will become famous soon enough. (+50) workout guy will become famous soon enough. (+50) workout guy will become famous soon enough. (+50) workout guy will become famous soon enough. (+50) workout guy will become famous soon enough. (+50) workout guy will become famous soon enough. (+50) workout guy will become famous soon enough. (+50) workout guy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    where do u guys buy ur steel but oats, i have looked everywhere but can not find them is there anther name for them?

Originally Posted by workout guy View Post
    where do u guys buy ur steel but oats, i have looked everywhere but can not find them is there anther name for them?
    never seen steel cut oats where i go, i just buy reg quaker oatmeal (or the stores brand, same thing and like a dollar cheaper)

workout guy will become famous soon enough. (+50) workout guy will become famous soon enough. (+50) workout guy will become famous soon enough. (+50) workout guy will become famous soon enough. (+50) workout guy will become famous soon enough. (+50) workout guy will become famous soon enough. (+50) workout guy will become famous soon enough. (+50) workout guy will become famous soon enough. (+50) workout guy will become famous soon enough. (+50) workout guy will become famous soon enough. (+50) workout guy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    never seen steel cut oats where i go, i just buy reg quaker oatmeal (or the stores brand, same thing and like a dollar cheaper)
    these are refined oats though some of the nutrients are striped from it, but steel cut have all the good stuff from what i have read, but i have no idea where to buy them

Originally Posted by workout guy View Post
    these are refined oats though some of the nutrients are striped from it, but steel cut have all the good stuff from what i have read, but i have no idea where to buy them
    rolled oats/steel cut oats are the same thing....

Steel cut is just basically ground into smaller bits

Originally Posted by Seanl262 View Post
    rolled oats/steel cut oats are the same thing....

Steel cut is just basically ground into smaller bits
    whenver i put them in a shake to make a weight gainer, i just put it into a coffee grinder and cuts it up to the size of sugar. and it mixes much better in the blender.

ya i dont really take supps either, except for protein shake and mult vitamins and either fish/flax oil, which is all on the cheap side.

but man if im going to spend more money on food for taste then the money i save up all goes to sushi. i crave sushi every day. but ofcourse cant eat it every day, cant even afford to eat it once a week, well maybe, but it can get pricy.
    Ah, I love sushi myself, but it's gotten expensive to the point where I can only indulge in it once a month.

Of course, I also splurge there too and can rack up a tab of $20-30 per head easily. (Once you get addicted to toro, mirugai, amaebi, uni, it's game over for the check)

- Jon

Ah, I love sushi myself, but it's gotten expensive to the point where I can only indulge in it once a month.

Of course, I also splurge there too and can rack up a tab of $20-30 per head easily. (Once you get addicted to toro, mirugai, amaebi, uni, it's game over for the check)

- Jon

ya that stuff is amazing. luckily im going to be living next to the ocean in the socal next month, so it should be much cheaper down there, since there is a high supply. or even sushi buffets, where you pay like $10 at the door and eat all you want.