Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    yannfan8, did you resolve this - its been over a week since your first post...did you contact the vendor or ptec ? - youd probably have to pay shipping both ways in the worst case...

DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ja2k View Post
    This may be a stupid question, but it looks like the lat attachment may get in the way of benching, like your head would hit the knee pads. Has anyone ever had a problem with this?
    NO.

HandsOn is on a distinguished road. (+10) HandsOn is on a distinguished road. (+10) HandsOn is on a distinguished road. (+10) HandsOn is on a distinguished road. (+10) HandsOn is on a distinguished road. (+10) HandsOn is on a distinguished road. (+10) HandsOn is on a distinguished road. (+10) HandsOn is on a distinguished road. (+10) HandsOn is on a distinguished road. (+10) HandsOn is on a distinguished road. (+10) HandsOn is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question

Originally Posted by yannfan8 View Post
    I just received my Powertec Power Rack and was disappointed to find that my rack wasn't the same color as I had originally ordered. I actually ended up getting the light grey one when I had expected to receive the dark grey one. Here are some pics:

Sorry this is a bit OT, but I'm curious if the picture you posted above here is actually the light gray rack you received or simply a picture you grabbed from elsewhere on the web just to show others here what type/color rack you're discussing? I normally wouldn't bother asking, but ~ a couple weeks ago someone local to my area had listed a P-Tec rack for sale on craigslist and they used this very same (garaged) picture. Guess I'm just curious if that was you. ???

Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by HandsOn View Post
    Sorry this is a bit OT, but I'm curious if the picture you posted above here is actually the light gray rack you received or simply a picture you grabbed from elsewhere on the web just to show others here what type/color rack you're discussing? I normally wouldn't bother asking, but ~ a couple weeks ago someone local to my area had listed a P-Tec rack for sale on craigslist and they used this very same (garaged) picture. Guess I'm just curious if that was you. ???
    No, its just a pic from Google, I used it a few weeks ago, then this poster got it from my post.

Its almost the first pic that comes up when you google "Powertec Rack" with Google Images search.

http://images.google.ca/images?sourc...-8&sa=N&tab=wi

gothatway has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i would be a little concered. Maybe the different color indicates an older version which makes it worse. I would be pissed if i paid the amount of money of the newer version but got the older version.

boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000) boxertim is just really nice. (+1000)
    my p-tec rack is white ....and the pull up bars are dark grey.

kikitwitme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kikitwitme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kikitwitme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kikitwitme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kikitwitme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kikitwitme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kikitwitme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kikitwitme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kikitwitme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kikitwitme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kikitwitme has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by HandsOn View Post

Sorry to open up an old thread but I was searching Vancouver's craigslist while there two weeks ago and someone was selling a powertec rack....AND USING THIS SAME EXACT PICTURE!!!! (Too bad the ad is gone now.) In the ad the poster said that the rack in the photo was not his but his friends. This photo gets around though.

HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000) HardKore79 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by kikitwitme View Post
    Sorry to open up an old thread but I was searching Vancouver's craigslist while there two weeks ago and someone was selling a powertec rack....AND USING THIS SAME EXACT PICTURE!!!! (Too bad the ad is gone now.) In the ad the poster said that the rack in the photo was not his but his friends. This photo gets around though.
    We're all friends here, even when we steal each-other's pics for our own enjoyment...

Ok, that sounded weird...
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No.2

Lifetime reps: TheSuccessful1

Originally Posted by kikitwitme View Post
    LOL, on google image search this is the first non-stock image that appears.

http://images.google.ca/images?um=1&...c+rack&spell=1

universalrg has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) universalrg has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) universalrg has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) universalrg has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) universalrg has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) universalrg has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) universalrg has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Accutron View Post
    LOL, on google image search this is the first non-stock image that appears.

http://images.google.ca/images?um=1&...c+rack&spell=1
    the side view pics make the cage seem small. especially for 320 dollars. i like to walkout sorta frr with my squats, which is y my currenrt rack doesnt work for me cause of short safetys. i feel like ill walk right out of the cage. is it really that short?? and dont throw measuremebts at me cause im mentally retarded, just tell me some of ur experiences with this thanks

bigg_K is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigg_K is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigg_K is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigg_K is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigg_K is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigg_K is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigg_K is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigg_K is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigg_K is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigg_K is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bigg_K is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    once you go black rack you never go back
    My Get back into shape! Cut for 29. workout log / journal -http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=160856081&p=1221916071

DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by konradac View Post
    once you go black rack you never go back
    Always bet on black

Originally Posted by universalrg View Post
    the side view pics make the cage seem small. especially for 320 dollars. i like to walkout sorta frr with my squats, which is y my currenrt rack doesnt work for me cause of short safetys. i feel like ill walk right out of the cage. is it really that short?? and dont throw measuremebts at me cause im mentally retarded, just tell me some of ur experiences with this thanks
    No the cage is great, to get an idea you can use masking or painters tape and outline the dimensions on your floor.
    But its wide and deep enough for me, many cages arent as deep.
    And if it was any higher it wouldnt fit in a standard size room.

universalrg has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) universalrg has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) universalrg has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) universalrg has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) universalrg has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) universalrg has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) universalrg has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Accutron View Post
    No the cage is great, to get an idea you can use masking or painters tape and outline the dimensions on your floor.
    But its wide and deep enough for me, many cages arent as deep.
    And if it was any higher it wouldnt fit in a standard size room.
    by deep u mean, like u have enough room to walk out a littles right? im gonna have to put it in my garage which pisses me off. the rack is 82 inches so 6'10 right? i wish i could lift in my basement, but my basements 7 feet high, and then i couldnt use the high quality pullup bars =p. i think even if i dont sell ,my other equipment im definately gonna buy this. i cant squuat anymore weithout spotters, it not only is scary cause i tough it out and go to failure even though i might die, its also distracting my workouts and i cant get the extra reps i need. i gotta be honest though, as u know with my black light thing im very paranoid, and not hearing anything from bb.com to confirm ur order, and having to wait a week or two for powertecs email is scary to me =\

also does the cage really have a 1050 pound capacity? thaat seems kinda high, especially since i was looking at some threads and peole were saying dont get the powertec if u wanna go heavy, get the bodysolid. one last thing, my rack now, i cant use the safetys for bench because i cant set them and touch my chest. i refuse to do bench press without touching my chest so i dfont use my safetys. will i be able to have the safetys set up where i can still touch my chest? and if i fail itll still be able to catch this without crushing me
    Last edited by universalrg; 07-30-2008 at 11:03 AM.

henryd31 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) henryd31 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) henryd31 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) henryd31 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) henryd31 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) henryd31 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) henryd31 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) henryd31 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) henryd31 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) henryd31 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) henryd31 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Powertec cage is deep enough, I mean enough to take the bar off, take a step back and squat. Unless you're doing something freaky where you take multiple steps back. That is not how you should be doing squats, and you'd be hard pressed to find a rack to allow that much space, at least for the money range we're talking about here. More importantly, you need to stop doing the **** that you describe. You're not going to failure on these lifts, because if you were you'd likely be dead by now ! Either lower the damn weight or just stop working out until you have proper spotters/safeties in place !

As far a the height for the safeties, this is dependent on combination of safeties hole spacing, your bench height, and your chest size in bench position. Powertec rack holes for safeties are 2" apart (maybe more, I haven't measured actually), some racks out there allow closer spacing in between the holes, but then you're again talking about more money. Some people simply resolve to adjusting the platform your bench sits on, raise it a bit to allow for safeties to be in good position. I was lucky enough to get the right height with my rack/bench combination, your mileage may vary.