Registered User Thebballchamp45's Avatar
    Thebballchamp45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thebballchamp45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thebballchamp45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thebballchamp45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thebballchamp45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thebballchamp45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thebballchamp45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thebballchamp45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thebballchamp45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thebballchamp45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Hurt Rotator Cuff & Now Have Lots of Scar Tissue, Need Removal Advice

Bicep tendon in my rotator cuff got messed up and now I've got tons of scar tissue there and need help with removal techniques

It's Supposed to Hurt! Thuirwyne's Avatar
    Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000) Thuirwyne is just really nice. (+1000)
    Is the scar tissue from surgery or just constant misuse of the joint through injury?
    Food Aggressive

Registered User Thebballchamp45's Avatar
    Thebballchamp45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thebballchamp45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thebballchamp45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thebballchamp45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thebballchamp45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thebballchamp45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thebballchamp45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thebballchamp45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thebballchamp45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Thebballchamp45 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just constant misuse. Kept going when I shouldnt have and let it get worse

Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000) Fresch is a name known to all. (+5000)
    And who has diagnosed the excess scar tissue??
    The science is out there!
    www.thegymphysio.com.au

inkaddiction has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) inkaddiction has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If it is excess scar tissue ultrasound works pretty well. I had 3 reconstructive surgeries on my ankle, the scar tissue was so bad it was causing it to lock up. The surgeon did not want to cut on me again nor did i want to be cut so we tried alternative measures. Basically ultrasound and rubberband motion exersices helped me get back to 100%. I still have swelling but nothing a little ice can't fix. Good luck buddy.

RebeccaTD is on a distinguished road. (+10) RebeccaTD is on a distinguished road. (+10) RebeccaTD is on a distinguished road. (+10) RebeccaTD is on a distinguished road. (+10) RebeccaTD is on a distinguished road. (+10) RebeccaTD is on a distinguished road. (+10) RebeccaTD is on a distinguished road. (+10) RebeccaTD is on a distinguished road. (+10) RebeccaTD is on a distinguished road. (+10) RebeccaTD is on a distinguished road. (+10) RebeccaTD is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Thebballchamp45 View Post
    Bicep tendon in my rotator cuff got messed up and now I've got tons of scar tissue there and need help with removal techniques
    Hi,

The length of time after your original injury will depend on what you can do with the scar tissue. Inkaddiction is right in saying that ultrasound helps...but depends on length of time post injury. Between 3 to 12 months post injury scar tissue is continually strengthening so up to 1 year post injury scar tissue treatment could be beneficial.

Apart from ultrasound, stretching the muscles, ligaments and tendons involved helps as well as low weight exercises to ensure that there is good range of movement. Therapeutic scar tissue massage helps to realign the tissue (note that this isn't just a regular massage).

I would encourage you see a physical therapist for a few sessions on improving your scar tissue. You cannot remove the scar tissue as it is there due to the injury. It's the same as a scar on your skin...you can always see it but depending on how it is treated and your skin type it will improve/fade. But even though the scar tissue will always exist you can improve the way it is aligned and therefore the way your joint/muscles work.

Good luck!

Rebecca
    "Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength"