Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    dblogo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by becket View Post
    Fantastic!
    I would like to do some cardio and maybe abs on the off days as I have a somewhat sedentary job that keeps me on my butt most of the day.
    Would you recommend staying away from that and sticking to three time per week of this workout or could I get away with some extra stuff in-between?
    I personally would only do this workout. If it is too easy add weight, but you need time out of the gym to recover and grow. Just my personal experience from overtraining. If you do anything, throw some calves or abs in at the end of the workout.

ajdmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) ajdmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) ajdmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) ajdmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) ajdmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) ajdmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) ajdmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) ajdmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) ajdmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) ajdmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) ajdmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by nickmanzoni View Post
    Lunges, leg presses. etc. mind if I ask what injury?
    Thanks, thats what i figured but wasnt 100%

I hurt my lower back doing dead lifts and then about 5 months later I thought I recovered then I tried doing squats and a slipped a disc
    The lesson is in the struggle, not in the victory.

Ripqord has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Started with this program today. During the workout I was fine, afterwards I stumbled down the stairs like someone that had too much in Man, does it work those legs, guess I'll feel it tomorrow, not used to doing squats.

And bleh, can only do 3 pull ups, do I suck! But I guess what doesnt kill u, make u stronger!

v1l2u5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) v1l2u5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) v1l2u5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) v1l2u5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) v1l2u5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) v1l2u5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) v1l2u5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) v1l2u5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) v1l2u5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) v1l2u5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) v1l2u5 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I started this Tri-Set Pull/Chin up, Dips and Squats last night.. All I can say is OMG.. I'm not sore but my legs feel weak! I tossed some Bi's at the end 4 sets, 6 reps of Spider Curls and Inc DB Curls. I also did 10 warm up stairmaster and 20 min post work out stairmaster.

This is a nice change up esp since I just came off 3x6,1x25 lifting heavy work out for 9 weeks.
    "No matter who you are, no matter what you do, you absolutely, positively do have the power to change." ~Bill Phillips~

"Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be" - George Sheehan

Originally Posted by v1l2u5 View Post
    I started this Tri-Set Pull/Chin up, Dips and Squats last night.. All I can say is OMG.. I'm not sore but my legs feel weak! I tossed some Bi's at the end 4 sets, 6 reps of Spider Curls and Inc DB Curls. I also did 10 warm up stairmaster and 20 min post work out stairmaster.

This is a nice change up esp since I just came off 3x6,1x25 lifting heavy work out for 9 weeks.
    Yep, I still feel half dead after yesterday's workout, and I ask myself, what was I doing in the gym for the past 6 months if after doing one workout of this triset and it feels like I havnt been to gym at all. Tomorrow I'll be going at it again.

j0e will become famous soon enough. (+50) j0e will become famous soon enough. (+50) j0e will become famous soon enough. (+50) j0e will become famous soon enough. (+50) j0e will become famous soon enough. (+50) j0e will become famous soon enough. (+50) j0e will become famous soon enough. (+50) j0e will become famous soon enough. (+50) j0e will become famous soon enough. (+50) j0e will become famous soon enough. (+50) j0e will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The tri-set workout kicked my butt today... I like it.
    Nothing yet

v1l2u5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) v1l2u5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) v1l2u5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) v1l2u5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) v1l2u5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) v1l2u5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) v1l2u5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) v1l2u5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) v1l2u5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) v1l2u5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) v1l2u5 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    holy cow add 60sec jump rope in there.. I keeped my HR up 160-180 the whole time..
    "No matter who you are, no matter what you do, you absolutely, positively do have the power to change." ~Bill Phillips~

"Success means having the courage, the determination, and the will to become the person you believe you were meant to be" - George Sheehan

Yeah, I'm still doing this program and I'm beginning to see results. Tape measure says im losing around the waist, pity the bodyfat monitor doesnt show it At least there is a faint glimpse of abs now starting to show. Yay!

riiich has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riiich has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riiich has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riiich has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riiich has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riiich has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riiich has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riiich has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riiich has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riiich has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riiich has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by nickmanzoni View Post
    I don't want you or anyone to think I'm replying because of the contest.

I am replying because I feel that doing any kind of exercise BEFORE breakfast will only catabolize muscle. Any noticeable weight loss will be from muscle, or glycogen and the stored water in said substances. On top of that, the stored glycogen (in one pound) can hold up to 3-4 lbs of water, so of course, if you fast and work out, you've easily burned through that glycogen, and thus losing not just the one lb, but up to 4 more as well.

It's great you want to help people, and I applaud your effort. Good luck.

Thanks for your input, but what would you suggest to eat in the morning and how long before your pre-workout?

Rich

dblogo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by riiich View Post
    Thanks for your input, but what would you suggest to eat in the morning and how long before your pre-workout?

Rich
    my best experience for dealing with this is at least a protien shake 30 to 60 before your morning workout (lifting) if your just doing cardio (30min max) you dont need to eat, but you can always do cardio after your lifting, but try to take some bcaas before your cardio.

I currently am taking a carb/protien shake an hour before my workout in the morning, then bcaas after workout and before cardio.

xRyanSwanson is on a distinguished road. (+10) xRyanSwanson is on a distinguished road. (+10) xRyanSwanson is on a distinguished road. (+10) xRyanSwanson is on a distinguished road. (+10) xRyanSwanson is on a distinguished road. (+10) xRyanSwanson is on a distinguished road. (+10) xRyanSwanson is on a distinguished road. (+10) xRyanSwanson is on a distinguished road. (+10) xRyanSwanson is on a distinguished road. (+10) xRyanSwanson is on a distinguished road. (+10) xRyanSwanson is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm going to start giving this routine a go.

Currently ~205 and between 10-15% BF, going to try to get down to ~185-190 and 5-10% BF, hopefully this helps.

suprhulk28 is not very well liked. (-100) suprhulk28 is not very well liked. (-100) suprhulk28 is not very well liked. (-100) suprhulk28 is not very well liked. (-100) suprhulk28 is not very well liked. (-100) suprhulk28 is not very well liked. (-100) suprhulk28 is not very well liked. (-100) suprhulk28 is not very well liked. (-100) suprhulk28 is not very well liked. (-100) suprhulk28 is not very well liked. (-100) suprhulk28 is not very well liked. (-100)
    The best workout to get you cut and it beats everything else by far is the mental workout you get planning a precise nutrition program and the physical one you get putting it in your mouth.

In all seriousness, no workout, no matter how hard or how long, will defeat a poor or inept diet. Start with a solid nutrition and supplementation program, then build off of that.

lightsoutqs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lightsoutqs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lightsoutqs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lightsoutqs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lightsoutqs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lightsoutqs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lightsoutqs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lightsoutqs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lightsoutqs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lightsoutqs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) lightsoutqs has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm glad someone bumped this folder, I'm gonna give this tri-set workout a shot on Monday, I'll most likely be adding in light bi/tri and a solid ab workout/cardio on the off days. I'm 5'11 205 16.5% BF, I'll be sure to post results after 2 weeks of doing this.

daltin2 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

home version of nick's workout?

Hey all. I was wondering if someone could suggest alternatives to nick's workout so that they can be done at home. My gym is very crowded when i'm able to go, so i can't really do the exercises as described here. I only have a barbell which loads up to 90 lbs. Nothing else. I appreciate your consideration.