ToriAletheia will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToriAletheia will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToriAletheia will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToriAletheia will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToriAletheia will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToriAletheia will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToriAletheia will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToriAletheia will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToriAletheia will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToriAletheia will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToriAletheia will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Question Overactive bladder + sleep issues

I pee so many freaking times a day, esp when I am trying to sleep, and it is getting really old! I lay down to go to bed, but I have to get up every 5 min for at least an hour to pee, then I get up many more times during the night after I have fallen asleep.
    I've seen multiple doctors for both problems...frequent urination + sleep issues - they have done urine + blood tests, had a sleep study done...and no one has come up with any answers. They say to just stop liquids for longer before I go to bed, but I've tried not drinking ANYTHING the whole day, and I still have to pee just as often. It's not incontinence...I can hold it fine...it's just that I can't fall asleep unless I go. I would be laying there all night!

I've had this problem for a few years now, and I thought I could just live with it by this time. But it just gets so annoying sometimes. Any ideas/suggestions? Is there some sort of meds that I could be taking for this? I am in the Army, and prescribing meds to soldiers seems to be frowned upon, so I don't know what kind of luck I would have.
    Last edited by ToriAletheia; 04-24-2011 at 01:31 PM. Reason: Adding more info

DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DonMegaR has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Eat more salt and you will retain the water instead of just flushing it.

ToriAletheia will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToriAletheia will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToriAletheia will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToriAletheia will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToriAletheia will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToriAletheia will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToriAletheia will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToriAletheia will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToriAletheia will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToriAletheia will become famous soon enough. (+50) ToriAletheia will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by DonMegaR View Post
    Eat more salt and you will retain the water instead of just flushing it.
    I'm well above the recommended level for daily sodium intake...so I don't think that's the problem.

seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) seanb1979 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I have a similar issue so I feel your pain. What sucks is any girl who shares my bed gets a really ****ty nights sleep because of it. My issue is more about waking up with dry mouth and intense thirst and I piss a lot due to that.

Wish I could offer advice.
    A million miles away - I don't.. feel.... anything.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXGZu4yxjW0

Carlycavwifey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Carlycavwifey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Carlycavwifey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Carlycavwifey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Carlycavwifey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Carlycavwifey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Carlycavwifey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Carlycavwifey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Carlycavwifey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Carlycavwifey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Carlycavwifey has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I had the same problem for about 2 yrs, it sucked so bad. I also wasn't able to hold it. Like if I had the slightest urge to pee I had to go right then or else. I had this surgery or procedure (not gonna say what it is/was) done that had nothing to do with my bladder but this some how cured my weak bladder and I was able to hold my pee and not have to rush to the bathroom every single time I had the urge to go. After 2 yrs of having a weak bladder I still instinctively get up during the night if I have to pee or else I will lay there wide awake. I get up about 2 times a night now but that's because I'm pregnant, when I'm not pregnant I get up about 0-2 times depending on how much water I drink.

Keep doing your research, I'm sure there is something that could help you because I hate waking up at night to pee.
    Celebrating the birth of my 3rd crotch dropping :)

Vegimitekid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vegimitekid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vegimitekid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vegimitekid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vegimitekid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vegimitekid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vegimitekid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vegimitekid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vegimitekid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vegimitekid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vegimitekid is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Have you had a cystoscopy for them to check the urethra and inside of the bladder? During this procedure they can see if the small but very sensitive muscle that controls the flow of urine out of the bladder is working properly. That tiny little muscle can get irritated and then get all scrunched up and not function as well as it should and it takes just a slight bit of stretching which is easily done during the cystoscopy and within a week it works just fine. A cystoscopy is daysurgery and generally a single day of rest to recover from it.

Originally Posted by Vegimitekid View Post
    Have you had a cystoscopy for them to check the urethra and inside of the bladder? During this procedure they can see if the small but very sensitive muscle that controls the flow of urine out of the bladder is working properly. That tiny little muscle can get irritated and then get all scrunched up and not function as well as it should and it takes just a slight bit of stretching which is easily done during the cystoscopy and within a week it works just fine. A cystoscopy is daysurgery and generally a single day of rest to recover from it.
    Nope, never heard of this. The docs I've seen never suggest anything more than routine tests...I should bring this up to them. Thanks!

tocco has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Have you tried training your body to wait during the day? I don't mean ridiculous amounts of time but just a little bit longer than normal because it helped me (during the day at least, teh night is still a problem but I drink a lot during the day so I just guess I have to deal with it)

Unhappy

Originally Posted by tocco View Post
    Have you tried training your body to wait during the day? I don't mean ridiculous amounts of time but just a little bit longer than normal because it helped me (during the day at least, teh night is still a problem but I drink a lot during the day so I just guess I have to deal with it)
    Well...I have no problem holding it at any time. And sometimes at night I do just hold it because I get so sick of getting up to go so often. But the problem is I can't sleep unless I go...so I'll just lay there, sometimes for hours until I go and end up finally falling asleep. So I guess I consider that trying to train my body to ignore it, but it hasn't seemed to work.

ajangel25 is just really nice. (+1000) ajangel25 is just really nice. (+1000) ajangel25 is just really nice. (+1000) ajangel25 is just really nice. (+1000) ajangel25 is just really nice. (+1000) ajangel25 is just really nice. (+1000) ajangel25 is just really nice. (+1000) ajangel25 is just really nice. (+1000) ajangel25 is just really nice. (+1000) ajangel25 is just really nice. (+1000) ajangel25 is just really nice. (+1000)
    What kinda meds are you on? (if any?)

Originally Posted by ajangel25 View Post
    What kinda meds are you on? (if any?)
    No meds except birth control...which I have been on a lot longer than I have had this problem.

ajangel25 is just really nice. (+1000) ajangel25 is just really nice. (+1000) ajangel25 is just really nice. (+1000) ajangel25 is just really nice. (+1000) ajangel25 is just really nice. (+1000) ajangel25 is just really nice. (+1000) ajangel25 is just really nice. (+1000) ajangel25 is just really nice. (+1000) ajangel25 is just really nice. (+1000) ajangel25 is just really nice. (+1000) ajangel25 is just really nice. (+1000)
    You've said you've had tests done, do you know if they checked for your ADH? (anti-diuretic hormone)?

Originally Posted by ajangel25 View Post
    You've said you've had tests done, do you know if they checked for your ADH? (anti-diuretic hormone)?
    I don't know the specific tests they did. The doc just said all my levels were "normal". I will have to call to find out.

guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) guest89 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Don't drink for awhile before bed. Especially coffee, beer, sugary drinks, etc. Don't eat fruit either.

For example, if you go to bed at 9pm don't drink anything after pm, etc.