Tamper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tamper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tamper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tamper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tamper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tamper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tamper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tamper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tamper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tamper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tamper has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Deadlift 3 Times a week?

so im on a new program, about to start my deadlifting log because i want to really get my strength on that lift up and i was wondering if i could have some advice, regulaur deadlifters. that do go heavy.

1). can i gain good strength gains by Deadlifting 3 times a week?this is my current routine, made adjustments to it though since i really want to target my DL.

Monday
    Squat 2 x 5
    pullthroughs 3 x 10
    DeadLifts 2x5 ( Should i raise the sets? ) also first set is heavy , second set is heaviest.
    BB Rows 2 x 6
    Dumbbell Curl 3 x 8
    Calf Raises 3 x 15

Have a Day off after each workout

Wednesday
    Bench Press 3 x 5
    DeadLift 2 x 5
    Incline Dumbbell Bench Press 2 x 8
    Military Press 3 x 8
    Skull Crushers 2 x 8

Friday
    Squats 2 x 5
    Deadlift 2 x 5
    Chin Ups 4 x 6
    Dumbbell Curl 3 x 8
    Calf Raises 3 x 15

Diet would be around 3000 3500 Cals , Pretty clean Cals. so what needs adjustments? if i want to target my DL alot more then my other lifts should i get rid of a few exercises and throw in some more sets for DL? ive put in the basic compounds but im not sure if having a break after every workout will still be over training. also should a be adding a extra kilo or extra 5lbs every time i do deadlift to see if my strength is going up bit by bit? my max right now is 154lbs for 5 reps. and i currently weigh 159lbs. so any answers and suggestions would be really helpful. hopefully some of the big members on here can give me some good solid advice about this. thanks heaps

Zincton is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zincton is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zincton is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zincton is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zincton is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zincton is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zincton is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zincton is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zincton is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zincton is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zincton is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    There really isn't a point to deadlifting 3 times a week. Do it all in one session instead of breaking it up, recovery is how you gain strength/size. 1 week of recovery > few days of recovery. Keep bumping up the weight week by week and eventually your deadlift will be up there
    You can be as cold as the winter weather but I don't care as long as were together <3

**I REP BACK**
    Just ask.

Tamper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tamper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tamper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tamper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tamper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tamper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tamper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tamper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tamper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tamper has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Tamper has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Zincton View Post
    There really isn't a point to deadlifting 3 times a week. Do it all in one session instead of breaking it up, recovery is how you gain strength/size. 1 week of recovery > few days of recovery. Keep bumping up the weight week by week and eventually your deadlift will be up there
    thats true bro..thanks for that man, so really deadlifting 3 times after a day break and adding on a kilo or 2 each workout wont make me gain strength any quicker then just doing it once each week? sorry for these questions just want to start my log asap

Zincton is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zincton is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zincton is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zincton is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zincton is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zincton is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zincton is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zincton is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zincton is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zincton is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Zincton is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Tamper View Post
    thats true bro..thanks for that man, so really deadlifting 3 times after a day break and adding on a kilo or 2 each workout wont make me gain strength any quicker then just doing it once each week? sorry for these questions just want to start my log asap
    All good man, and IMO yes, some ppl may tell you something else or agree with me. The fact of the matter is that recovery is key when building strength or size. Doing deadlifts 3 times a week is going to continually tax your neurological system (pretty much what makes you stronger) and will not lead to better gains IMO. Much better to have more recovery time in between working that exercise/muscle group. Keeping adding on weight week by week. Even if you can't do it - try. You must "teach" your body to handle heavier and heavier weights, overloading your neurological system will lead to strength gains, just like overloading a muscle and depleteing it's glycogen stores/breaking down muscles fibers increases muscle size.
    You can be as cold as the winter weather but I don't care as long as were together <3

**I REP BACK**
    Just ask.

All good man, and IMO yes, some ppl may tell you something else or agree with me. The fact of the matter is that recovery is key when building strength or size. Doing deadlifts 3 times a week is going to continually tax your neurological system (pretty much what makes you stronger) and will not lead to better gains IMO. Much better to have more recovery time in between working that exercise/muscle group. Keeping adding on weight week by week. Even if you can't do it - try. You must "teach" your body to handle heavier and heavier weights, overloading your neurological system will lead to strength gains, just like overloading a muscle and depleteing it's glycogen stores/breaking down muscles fibers increases muscle size.
    thanks bro helped me understand alot more. so maybe it would be beneficial for me to just do my DL on monday, then do them again on friday but try to add e extra 2 - 3 + kilos or just add a few more Lbs then i did the previous work out. instead of doing it 3 times a week, give the neurological system a better rest, rather then hit it 3 times a week.

Originally Posted by Tamper View Post
    thanks bro helped me understand alot more. so maybe it would be beneficial for me to just do my DL on monday, then do them again on friday but try to add e extra 2 - 3 + kilos or just add a few more Lbs then i did the previous work out. instead of doing it 3 times a week, give the neurological system a better rest, rather then hit it 3 times a week.
    I suppose it would be fine. IMO if your not seeing gains in strength every workout you should go to once a week. See if twice a week works for you, everyones different

**I REP BACK**
    Just ask.

I suppose it would be fine. IMO if your not seeing gains in strength every workout you should go to once a week. See if twice a week works for you, everyones different
    ye thats exactly what i was thinking, thanks man really helped me out on this. repped
    Datass