umop3pisdn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) umop3pisdn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) umop3pisdn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) umop3pisdn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) umop3pisdn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) umop3pisdn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) umop3pisdn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) umop3pisdn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) umop3pisdn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) umop3pisdn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) umop3pisdn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)

Putting raw eggs with protein shake

I know I'm a teenager and I'm posting in the Over 35 section, but I have a question which I don't think the teen section can give me a clear answer to.

A month or so ago I was researching the tastiest way to eat eggs and I find that they are just as good mixed with a protein shake, as they are cooked. So that's what I started doing.

Few weeks later I find out differently, again, being told by people on this site, saying that you get hardly any protein from raw eggs, so I stopped. I know everyone has their own opinions based on personal experience, but as I'm only starting I don't want to do something that I discover a year down the track to be totally pointless, so that's why I come here to ask you guys who I'm sure have lots of experience.

P.S I know some people don't like raw eggs due to the salmonella risk, but I don't really care as I hear the chances of getting it is pretty low. I just want to know what's more beneficial; eating 5 raw eggs mixed with a protein shake for breakfast, or drinking a protein shake then 10 minutes later having 5 boiled eggs.

Thanks

Byakuya will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byakuya will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byakuya will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byakuya will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byakuya will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byakuya will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byakuya will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byakuya will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byakuya will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byakuya will become famous soon enough. (+50) Byakuya will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    personally I wouldn't make a habit of it.. even if the chances are low, if you do it often enough it's bound to happen sooner or later.. say the chances are less than 1%.. 0.5% for example.. in other words 1 out of 200.. so if you have a protein shake with eggs every day for a year, there's a good chance you'll get salmonella at least once throughout they ear.. from what I've heard about salmonella, I'm not willing to go through that even once..

getting back your question.. I wouldn't know which would give you more protein.. if you're drinking a protein shake anyway, then you're already getting plenty of protein.. I'd just cook the eggs and eat them later..
    My Blog:
    http://want-2-b-healthy.blogspot.com/

Jill75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jill75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jill75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jill75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jill75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jill75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jill75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Being knowledgeable in food myself, contracting salmonella is still a great risk if you are consuming that much. Also, even cleaned and sanitized egg in a food manufacturing company gets contaminated once in a while. So don't get confident that you wont get salmonella in eating raw eggs. You are getting much protein in a protein shake as you are just a teenager. Cook the eggs and eat them. Watch out though for the cholesterol that you will be taking if you have family history of hypertension.

Whatever you give to life,it gives you back.
    Do not hate anybody.
    The hatred which comes out from you will someday come back to you.
    Love others. And LOVE will come back to you..

umop3pisdn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) umop3pisdn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) umop3pisdn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) umop3pisdn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) umop3pisdn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) umop3pisdn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) umop3pisdn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) umop3pisdn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) umop3pisdn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) umop3pisdn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) umop3pisdn has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Alright well I guess I'll stick to the hard boiled eggs. Thanks.

mawg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mawg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mawg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mawg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mawg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mawg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mawg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mawg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mawg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Not to go against the grain, because it probably is a risk, but I have been putting raw eggs into my protien drinks for over 25 years and never got sick.

I have recently been using egg beaters instead since they have no cholesterol, fat and are pasturized. Now that I've said all that, I'm about to have my shake for the morning, and I may have jinxed my luck.....
    "Facts are Stubborn Things";
    John Adams

tatnall has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Cook them first. The digestibility of egg protein in humans is about 91% if they are cooked and about 51% if they are raw. So, to get the same amount of protein doing good stuff in your body, you could cook them or eat twice as many raw.

EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by tatnall View Post
    Cook them first. The digestibility of egg protein in humans is about 91% if they are cooked and about 51% if they are raw. So, to get the same amount of protein doing good stuff in your body, you could cook them or eat twice as many raw.
    This would be correct. Eating raw eggs for protein is nothing more than a waste.
    Squat heavy or go home

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/enigmapower

Todd_A will become famous soon enough. (+50) Todd_A will become famous soon enough. (+50) Todd_A will become famous soon enough. (+50) Todd_A will become famous soon enough. (+50) Todd_A will become famous soon enough. (+50) Todd_A will become famous soon enough. (+50) Todd_A will become famous soon enough. (+50) Todd_A will become famous soon enough. (+50) Todd_A will become famous soon enough. (+50) Todd_A will become famous soon enough. (+50) Todd_A will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by tatnall View Post
    Is this information correct also for the uncooked Egg Beaters since they are pasteurized which involves a quick heating to a very hot temp then cooling process that might have some effect on this?

Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000) Do_Somethin is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You could use powdered egg if you wanted to.

aneas
    I would rather not risk it myself. Back in the day I used to drink raw eggs and never got sick.

EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50) EnigmaPower will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by aneas View Post
    I would rather not risk it myself. Back in the day I used to drink raw eggs and never got sick.
    Back in the day??? You are 37. That statement is reserved for old people who turn their thermostats to 80 degrees and eat at the early bird special.
    Squat heavy or go home

Myspace: http://www.myspace.com/enigmapower

aneas
    Originally Posted by EnigmaPower View Post
    Back in the day??? You are 37. That statement is reserved for old people who turn their thermostats to 80 degrees and eat at the early bird special.
    OMG you are my wife.

"Snip it Doc,snip it hard LyingSac's Avatar
    LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Ole Sal

Sal Manella......SOB owes me money......I've been dropping two raw eggs in my protein shake.....i didn't know you get more protein from being cooked...."who knew"....thinks all make a change.
    Land of Honalee

aneas
    Originally Posted by LyingSac View Post
    Sal Manella......SOB owes me money......I've been dropping two raw eggs in my protein shake.....i didn't know you get more protein from being cooked...."who knew"....thinks all make a change.
    The digestibility of egg protein in HUMANS is about 91% if they are cooked and about 51% if they are raw.

I dont think it applies to SUPER HUMANS like yourself.

Todd_A will become famous soon enough. (+50) Todd_A will become famous soon enough. (+50) Todd_A will become famous soon enough. (+50) Todd_A will become famous soon enough. (+50) Todd_A will become famous soon enough. (+50) Todd_A will become famous soon enough. (+50) Todd_A will become famous soon enough. (+50) Todd_A will become famous soon enough. (+50) Todd_A will become famous soon enough. (+50) Todd_A will become famous soon enough. (+50) Todd_A will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hummm..... Scrambled eggs in my protein shake. Yummy!!!!

Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Baldiewonkanobi is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Two of God's critters can not digest raw egg white...peeps and dogs. Coddle the eggs first. That is...boil them for 2 min. only. They come out milky white....does not mess with your protein drink and are now digestible.

Baldie

mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) mikieson is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I have drank a TON of raw eggs. And In shakes too. They are NOT bad for you at all no matter what anyone says. As long as they are drank before staying out to long.

Drink away and dont worry. You can make some great shakes by mixing some RAW eggs, skim milk, some flavored whey protein, some creatine, and some fruit. AWESOME!!!

Very good for you and very good tasting.

tomsdegree has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There's better ways I wouldn't suggest it.

"Snip it Doc,snip it hard LyingSac's Avatar
    LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250) LyingSac has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

rotf

Originally Posted by aneas View Post
    The digestibility of egg protein in HUMANS is about 91% if they are cooked and about 51% if they are raw.

I dont think it applies to SUPER HUMANS like yourself.
    sssshhhhhhhhhhh
    Land of Honalee

mawg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mawg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mawg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mawg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mawg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mawg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mawg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mawg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mawg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wow, learn something new every day. I didn't know the whole cooked vs. raw thing about digestibility. Thanks.
    "Facts are Stubborn Things";
    John Adams

immuno is a name known to all. (+5000) immuno is a name known to all. (+5000) immuno is a name known to all. (+5000) immuno is a name known to all. (+5000) immuno is a name known to all. (+5000) immuno is a name known to all. (+5000) immuno is a name known to all. (+5000) immuno is a name known to all. (+5000) immuno is a name known to all. (+5000) immuno is a name known to all. (+5000) immuno is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by mawg View Post
    Wow, learn something new every day. I didn't know the whole cooked vs. raw thing about digestibility. Thanks.
    Ditto. Good info.

pac8x8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pac8x8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pac8x8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pac8x8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pac8x8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pac8x8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pac8x8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pac8x8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pac8x8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pac8x8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pac8x8 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by LyingSac View Post
    My thought is to do both, it doesn't hurt to throw an occasional "trusted" raw egg in a protein shake... and also poached, and I especially love making my own Egg-McToast. The studies show that even though you may have increased digestibility with a cooked egg -it's based on transit times, the egg itself is rendered an incomplete protein from preheated treatments. Another more wary concern is Biotin absorption , from a previous post...

Originally Posted by pac8x8 View Post
    "Egg whites contain a glycoprotein called "avidin" which binds biotin - one of the B vitamins - very effectively. The cooking process deactivates the avidin in the egg, much the same way it deactivates every other protein in the egg white.

While it is true that eating too many raw egg whites by themselves will cause you to suffer from a biotin deficiency, the fact is that nature created the egg in such a way that its yolk is very rich in biotin. One of the highest concentration in nature. Eat the egg whole together with the egg white and you will be fine."

I've heard this long ago, I eat tons of raw eggs but I also take a separate Biotin supp.

edit good stuff:http://www.anabolicdietblog.com/eati...anabolic-diet/
    Last edited by pac8x8; 03-05-2009 at 12:45 AM.