Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    mboy19 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mboy19 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mboy19 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mboy19 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mboy19 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mboy19 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mboy19 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mboy19 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mboy19 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mboy19 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mboy19 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Smile Where are the soccer players who are into bodybuilding?

Guys lets practice,practice,practice lets help each other reach their ultimate goals....I am a Central Midfielder for both my Local club and represented my region on many occasions so if you need help on something feel free to ask i am here to help all...And get help from u
    mboy

Slanman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Slanman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Slanman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Slanman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Slanman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Slanman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Slanman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Slanman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Slanman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Slanman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Slanman is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by mboy19 View Post
    Guys lets practice,practice,practice lets help each other reach their ultimate goals....I am a Central Midfielder for both my Local club and represented my region on many occasions so if you need help on something feel free to ask i am here to help all...And get help from u
    there probably arent any soccer players that body build. except my boy george elokobi (google him, hes a beast)

but yeah, body building kinda goes against you at higher levels of the game

1982fitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    There's a few around but most reach a level of physique then leave it there, harder to carry loads of body mass round the field for 90mins, most need speed endurance and recovery from oxygen debt. I'm a qualified coach and I play so it's nice to be able to discuss it now and again.

MJD1990 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i play soccer
    i try to be as strong as possible remaining as light as possible

MooseLaddin is a name known to all. (+5000) MooseLaddin is a name known to all. (+5000) MooseLaddin is a name known to all. (+5000) MooseLaddin is a name known to all. (+5000) MooseLaddin is a name known to all. (+5000) MooseLaddin is a name known to all. (+5000) MooseLaddin is a name known to all. (+5000) MooseLaddin is a name known to all. (+5000) MooseLaddin is a name known to all. (+5000) MooseLaddin is a name known to all. (+5000) MooseLaddin is a name known to all. (+5000)
    checking in... upperbody strength pays off big time in futbol... not to mention how enjoyable it is as an activity to me... what are your questions OP?
    3K+

mboy19 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mboy19 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mboy19 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mboy19 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mboy19 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mboy19 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mboy19 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mboy19 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mboy19 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mboy19 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) mboy19 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

we need the muscle

Trust me muscle building is required for example i weigh 55 kg and very weak and play central midfield um talking box to box so i got to build muscle to manage to run without my muscles wearing of easily,i gotta build a body so that i can win the midfield battle....Lets take a look at Robihno dat guy used to be very skinny like me but then Pele took him feed him and gave him access to a gym so that he should put on some meat couz football is now competetive even when he got at madrid he was put on diet and lifted...Lifting here um not talking about being like arnold schwarzenegger um talking sumthing like kevin prince boateng and cristiano ronaldo hope you get the picture guys
    mboy

MooseLaddin is a name known to all. (+5000) MooseLaddin is a name known to all. (+5000) MooseLaddin is a name known to all. (+5000) MooseLaddin is a name known to all. (+5000) MooseLaddin is a name known to all. (+5000) MooseLaddin is a name known to all. (+5000) MooseLaddin is a name known to all. (+5000) MooseLaddin is a name known to all. (+5000) MooseLaddin is a name known to all. (+5000) MooseLaddin is a name known to all. (+5000) MooseLaddin is a name known to all. (+5000)
    yeah get on a lifting program, stick to your soccer specific training and cardio and of course eat like a champ. Probably need 500 calorie over maintenance and go on that slow bulk I would bulk up to at least 145, and if you are adding lean muscle you could be great at 150 for soccer.
    3K+

Originally Posted by MooseLaddin View Post
    yeah get on a lifting program, stick to your soccer specific training and cardio and of course eat like a champ. Probably need 500 calorie over maintenance and go on that slow bulk I would bulk up to at least 145, and if you are adding lean muscle you could be great at 150 for soccer.

Sure mate thanks for the advice
    mboy

DeadlyStriker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeadlyStriker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeadlyStriker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeadlyStriker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeadlyStriker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeadlyStriker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeadlyStriker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeadlyStriker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeadlyStriker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeadlyStriker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeadlyStriker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Slanman View Post
    there probably arent any soccer players that body build. except my boy george elokobi (google him, hes a beast)

but yeah, body building kinda goes against you at higher levels of the game
    I do

Ofcourse once i get towards season I start more soccer specific training, but in the offseason i bodybuild.

I cant tell you how much faster, stronger, quicker, and more athletic i feel from doing so.

Originally Posted by DeadlyStriker View Post
    I do

Ofcourse once i get towards season I start more soccer specific training, but in the offseason i bodybuild.

I cant tell you how much faster, stronger, quicker, and more athletic i feel from doing so.
    at 189 you shoulld be very powerful
    mboy

I do

yeah man its ridiculous how much it pays off. I'm 10x better now than ever and I played college ball, was a very good starter for our team yet I just previously got by based on natural talent only wasn't maximizing myself. Now I'm everywhere not only most fit out there, yeah I'm at 165 but I'm still able to hold off guys bigger easily and throw guys off the ball easily who may weigh more... holding off guys has never been so easy. The power in the legs is great as well, I totally disregarded the collegiate weight lifting program they were trying to make us follow. SMH.
    3K+

DeadlyStriker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeadlyStriker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeadlyStriker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeadlyStriker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeadlyStriker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeadlyStriker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeadlyStriker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeadlyStriker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeadlyStriker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeadlyStriker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DeadlyStriker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by MooseLaddin View Post
    yeah man its ridiculous how much it pays off. I'm 10x better now than ever and I played college ball, was a very good starter for our team yet I just previously got by based on natural talent only wasn't maximizing myself. Now I'm everywhere not only most fit out there, yeah I'm at 165 but I'm still able to hold off guys bigger easily and throw guys off the ball easily who may weigh more... holding off guys has never been so easy. The power in the legs is great as well, I totally disregarded the collegiate weight lifting program they were trying to make us follow. SMH.
    Yea exactly. I came in as a college athlete at 6'1 168 but weak. was just a fast technical striker. Our lifting program was **** so I did some research and made my own. did a bodybuilding split. like you said...it helps so much holding off players. especially since my natural position is a center forward. so much more explosive. im addicted to getting stronger and faster haha. i love it

Yea exactly. I came in as a college athlete at 6'1 168 but weak. was just a fast technical striker. Our lifting program was **** so I did some research and made my own. did a bodybuilding split. like you said...it helps so much holding off players. especially since my natural position is a center forward. so much more explosive. im addicted to getting stronger and faster haha. i love it
    yup yup, I can imagine you as a Ibra type FWD but a couple inches shorter, or maybe Drogba at peak. I just wish I had a damn brain back then and properly trained off the field lol. Oh well at least I found out now and am able to kill whereever I play now.
    3K+

You guys this is what i call motivation i am inspired i played for my national team in Under-15 and under-17 as we grew the coaches prefered people with stronger bodies eventhough some were not skilled...So i have been asked to bulk my frame
    mboy

SayWhatAgain12 is a complete loser! (-2000) SayWhatAgain12 is a complete loser! (-2000) SayWhatAgain12 is a complete loser! (-2000) SayWhatAgain12 is a complete loser! (-2000) SayWhatAgain12 is a complete loser! (-2000) SayWhatAgain12 is a complete loser! (-2000) SayWhatAgain12 is a complete loser! (-2000) SayWhatAgain12 is a complete loser! (-2000) SayWhatAgain12 is a complete loser! (-2000) SayWhatAgain12 is a complete loser! (-2000) SayWhatAgain12 is a complete loser! (-2000)
    I play a lot of football (UKbrah). Sucks having football 3 times a week and then a 90 minute game on the weekend since I can't train legs as often as I'd like. I train them once a week and foam roll very often, does wonders.

I'm also a central midfielder. It's kinda weird, I use to be really fast so was naturally a winger and didn't need much skill to do well. Then I got fat and I'm not as fit but my passing/knowledge of the game is way better so I thought center mid would be a good idea. I was wrong, it's even more physically challenging than the wing! I think CM is the best position for someone with extra muscle mass. Still, love pinging dem through balls like a baus!

Congrats on playing for your national team! I guess the highest tier I've played is the Welsh 2nd division, which is NOT a brag :P Got paid and stuff which felt good and I was only 17 but meh, feel like if I stuck at it and actually dedicated myself I could have done much better. Dem regrets
    I fart every time I deadlift. No idea how loud either cos of headphones. Fuark.

MisterPirate has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey fellas - Wanted to stop by and say whats up. I'm a soccer player on the West-Coast, a center-half/full-back with plenty of pace. I am 25, and this is the most well-balanced I've been as a player.

My training:
    I trained for last season thru an MMA gym (which really helped with my durability in tough games), so my balance was pretty darn good when I tackled/engage a player one-on-one. I didn't lift too heavy, focused on higher-reps, and medium weights (for my 5"10, 170 lb frame), so I could pack a lot of lean muscle into my frame without looking too stacked.

Pros:
    Strength, balance, explosive power

Cons:
    Not as much technical training, soccer specific training was limited to league games and the occasional pickup game (not enough to learn new skills though).

Originally Posted by SayWhatAgain12 View Post
    I play a lot of football (UKbrah). Sucks having football 3 times a week and then a 90 minute game on the weekend since I can't train legs as often as I'd like. I train them once a week and foam roll very often, does wonders.

I'm also a central midfielder. It's kinda weird, I use to be really fast so was naturally a winger and didn't need much skill to do well. Then I got fat and I'm not as fit but my passing/knowledge of the game is way better so I thought center mid would be a good idea. I was wrong, it's even more physically challenging than the wing! I think CM is the best position for someone with extra muscle mass. Still, love pinging dem through balls like a baus!

Congrats on playing for your national team! I guess the highest tier I've played is the Welsh 2nd division, which is NOT a brag :P Got paid and stuff which felt good and I was only 17 but meh, feel like if I stuck at it and actually dedicated myself I could have done much better. Dem regrets

Thanks my friend um at 20 years so i wanna get in shape and perform for my club this year so that i get selected for the Under-23,i want a workout program that wil enable me to add lean muscle and get a lil bulky you know how competetive midfield can be
    mboy

Originally Posted by MisterPirate View Post
    Hey fellas - Wanted to stop by and say whats up. I'm a soccer player on the West-Coast, a center-half/full-back with plenty of pace. I am 25, and this is the most well-balanced I've been as a player.

My training:
    I trained for last season thru an MMA gym (which really helped with my durability in tough games), so my balance was pretty darn good when I tackled/engage a player one-on-one. I didn't lift too heavy, focused on higher-reps, and medium weights (for my 5"10, 170 lb frame), so I could pack a lot of lean muscle into my frame without looking too stacked.

Pros:

Cons:
    Not as much technical training, soccer specific training was limited to league games and the occasional pickup game (not enough to learn new skills though).
    Thanks for the advice our league resumes in in February after the Afcon Cup so i plan on weight lifting after coming back from training every 5 days of the week
    mboy

Originally Posted by MisterPirate View Post

My training:

Pros:

Cons:
    good to hear brah. I am actually starting a mma style full body circuit midway through january. their workouts definately overlap with soccer/football since it focuses on maintaining strength and stamina throughout a long period of time, plus increases your Vo2 max. Heres a vid simialr to what I am going to do for my circuit. Along with my workouts i also do sprint training/speed and agility/timed distance. then obviously the technical training and practices, plus some extra tactical work on my own.

heres a video of what the mma style workout will look like

SKTemplar has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It's good to see fellow ballers in this thread. My in season training only consist of 2x of gym a week, the time where i try to really bulk is off season.

Originally Posted by SKTemplar View Post
    It's good to see fellow ballers in this thread. My in season training only consist of 2x of gym a week, the time where i try to really bulk is off season.
    The thing is me um more concerned into Soccer fitness or any other contact sport fitness relations couz i want to build for improvement in sports
    mboy

Penglazio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Hey Deadly, whats an example of an average weeks training schedule between gym and training/games during a season? Particularly what are the exercises you do in the gym?

marke8 is not very well liked. (-100) marke8 is not very well liked. (-100) marke8 is not very well liked. (-100) marke8 is not very well liked. (-100) marke8 is not very well liked. (-100) marke8 is not very well liked. (-100) marke8 is not very well liked. (-100) marke8 is not very well liked. (-100) marke8 is not very well liked. (-100) marke8 is not very well liked. (-100) marke8 is not very well liked. (-100)
    search stuart tomlinson,he is a pro football player,goalie for burton.he is a serious lump of muscle

Originally Posted by Penglazio View Post
    Hey Deadly, whats an example of an average weeks training schedule between gym and training/games during a season? Particularly what are the exercises you do in the gym?
    Well our season is rough. This is the usual schedule. (remember our season is shorter because of weather)

Monday- Off
    Tuesday- 6am practice and 2:15pm practice. 2 hours each. Hardest day. a lot of fitness and physically demanding drills
    Wednesday- 6am practice and 2:15 pm practice. 2 hours each. A little easier. Usually film/weights for 6am and a lot of possession and game realistic drills in the afternoon.
    Thursday- 2:15pm practice. Light day. All set pieces and game strategy. Minimal running. Good stretch.
    Friday- Night game
    Saturday- early film and day for players who played to get a stretch, small warm up, and some touches in. The players who didnt play play a 45 min. half of soccer.
    Sunday- day game.

In season, we usually do weights once as a team, if even. We do more of that in the winter/spring season. When we do lift, its usually 10 exercises. A few compound lifts and some isolation exercises, then some core/ab stuff.

Example:

Front squat. 3 set or 12
    High pull 3 sets of 12
    Bulgarian split squats 3 sets of 12
    Dumbbell bench on physioball 3x12
    curl to shoulder press 3x 10-12
    Dips 3 sets max out
    Back row 3x 10-12
    Bicycles (abs) 3x 20
    supermans 3x20

then sometimes we will end with a team 5min plank. All workouts are around that structure, but exercises always vary, as well as rep range. Its not the best workout in my eyes, but its not bad either.

If anyone wants our team workouts, I can send them to you. I can just take some pictures of them. I feel these workouts are better for in season.

RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RearDeltoids is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    hello guys, getting back into soccer after a while. I know how to lift weights and improve my athleticism, but i lack basic fundamentals in soccer. anyone have a routine they can give me that i can practice to get better at soccer? i have bad left foot, bad crossing, bad dribbling/ballcontrol/retention, and pretty mcuh a bad touch. i played a drop in game earlier this week and couldn't even control the ball properly

Penglazio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by RearDeltoids View Post
    hello guys, getting back into soccer after a while. I know how to lift weights and improve my athleticism, but i lack basic fundamentals in soccer. anyone have a routine they can give me that i can practice to get better at soccer? i have bad left foot, bad crossing, bad dribbling/ballcontrol/retention, and pretty mcuh a bad touch. i played a drop in game earlier this week and couldn't even control the ball properly

In terms of regaining those technical skills back (and improving even further) the only thing you can do is practice practice practice! Alone in your spare time AS WELL as at training.

What i would suggest is that you take enough time several days a week to head down somewhere that has a brick wall etc to kick against. This is a perfect way to get your first touch and ball control to improve, but also many other skills. Kick the ball back and forth against the wall - concentrating on the 1st touch when you receive, move the ball left, move it right, practice looking around and your body positioning, practice dribbling and turning with the ball, pretend to hold an opponent off the ball, it is important to do all these skills with both feet.
    You can also easily find a target area to practice your crossing.

Once training comes around try to apply these skills you've been practicing alone into the game situations presented at training.

Originally Posted by RearDeltoids View Post
    yah you just have to practice and practice soccer is the best sport because it doesnt only relly on natural gift but also what you put in is very important
    mboy

Originally Posted by marke8 View Post
    search stuart tomlinson,he is a pro football player,goalie for burton.he is a serious lump of muscle
    Just saw the guy he is a beast 9/10
    mboy

superkhurram is a jewel in the rough. (+500) superkhurram is a jewel in the rough. (+500) superkhurram is a jewel in the rough. (+500) superkhurram is a jewel in the rough. (+500) superkhurram is a jewel in the rough. (+500) superkhurram is a jewel in the rough. (+500) superkhurram is a jewel in the rough. (+500) superkhurram is a jewel in the rough. (+500) superkhurram is a jewel in the rough. (+500) superkhurram is a jewel in the rough. (+500) superkhurram is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    hey im a soccer player that likes to lift heavy ****

i dumbbell curled 60 lb yesterday for 3 reps each hand
    before that, i deadlifted 385 lb for ~ 3 singles
    and before that, i power snatched 175 lbs for 3 singles
    guess you can say thats a typical lifting day for me

i like to make iron my bitch

speed and power are my addiction