TheReaperJJD has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

How to lose hip fat?

Hi everyone, iam new to bodybuilding.com and the whole forum thing. Iam just wondering if any of you men know any good ways to target fat loss around the hip area?

I use to workout alot but all of a sudden kind of stopped, too busy drinking and doing all other kinds of s**t. Iv calmed down from all that now, i cant be arsed with it at all. Iam getting back into the gym and taking my workouts serious, but iv put on abit of weight and it seems to of mostly gone to my hips.

Any information on how to lose hip fat would be great.

Thanks.
    TheReaperJJD

earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You can't target fat loss aside from liposuction.
    Given enough time, any man may master the physical. With enough knowledge, any man may become wise. It is the true warrior who can master both, and surpass the result.

Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147517083

adizzle491 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adizzle491 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Read the stickies for everything you need to know, but here's a hint - you cannot target fat loss in an area. It comes off when it comes off, and typically hips/love handles are last to go.

TimothyAnaya has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TimothyAnaya has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TimothyAnaya has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TimothyAnaya has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TimothyAnaya has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TimothyAnaya has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TheReaperJJD View Post
    Hi everyone, iam new to bodybuilding.com and the whole forum thing. Iam just wondering if any of you men know any good ways to target fat loss around the hip area?

I use to workout alot but all of a sudden kind of stopped, too busy drinking and doing all other kinds of s**t. Iv calmed down from all that now, i cant be arsed with it at all. Iam getting back into the gym and taking my workouts serious, but iv put on abit of weight and it seems to of mostly gone to my hips.

Thanks.
    You're not going to be able to "target" that ONE spot on your body. Best chance is to try to drop your entire body fat %.

danhaney will become famous soon enough. (+50) danhaney will become famous soon enough. (+50) danhaney will become famous soon enough. (+50) danhaney will become famous soon enough. (+50) danhaney will become famous soon enough. (+50) danhaney will become famous soon enough. (+50) danhaney will become famous soon enough. (+50) danhaney will become famous soon enough. (+50) danhaney will become famous soon enough. (+50) danhaney will become famous soon enough. (+50) danhaney will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thanks.
    If you're speaking of the love handle area, that is typically one of the last few spots to go. I am cutting, and down to around 12% but I still have a bit of fat in that area. Just keep lifting and running a calorie deficit and they should dwindle.

And as Timothy mentioned, you cant spot treat fat. Get lower total BF%

Murder Beats Not People recreateme's Avatar
    recreateme is just really nice. (+1000) recreateme is just really nice. (+1000) recreateme is just really nice. (+1000) recreateme is just really nice. (+1000) recreateme is just really nice. (+1000) recreateme is just really nice. (+1000) recreateme is just really nice. (+1000) recreateme is just really nice. (+1000) recreateme is just really nice. (+1000) recreateme is just really nice. (+1000) recreateme is just really nice. (+1000)
    No way to target fat loss man, it sucks but you will have to cut body fat down everywhere and eventually it will go away.

The real trick here is just don't let fat stay on your body, if you dont put it on you wont have to worry about taking it off!

OR

You could try fat loss supplements, things like Oxy Elite or Hydroxycut, or straight Yohimbe pills claim to specifically target the alpha receptors in the mid section (lower abs, hips and back) which would lead to burning that target area.

TheReaperJJD has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Yeah, trust hip fat be the last to go. I guess i am going to have to workout hard and lose overall bodyfat %. Should i do abit of cardio everyday i do weight training? Or just every other day?
    TheReaperJJD

earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) earthshieldlol is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Yeah, trust hip fat be the last to go. I guess i am going to have to workout hard and lose overall bodyfat %. Should i do abit of cardio everyday i do weight training? Or just every other day?
    The most important thing will be your diet above all else. Check out the Losing Fat for Noobs sticky; it should answer most of your questions.
    Given enough time, any man may master the physical. With enough knowledge, any man may become wise. It is the true warrior who can master both, and surpass the result.

Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147517083

Murder Beats Not People recreateme's Avatar
    recreateme is just really nice. (+1000) recreateme is just really nice. (+1000) recreateme is just really nice. (+1000) recreateme is just really nice. (+1000) recreateme is just really nice. (+1000) recreateme is just really nice. (+1000) recreateme is just really nice. (+1000) recreateme is just really nice. (+1000) recreateme is just really nice. (+1000) recreateme is just really nice. (+1000) recreateme is just really nice. (+1000)
    Try to think of those as two separate goals. If you want to add muscle you should add weights, if you want to lose fat you need to cut back on calorie intake.

If you goal is losing weight, then you do not need any weights or even cardio (unless you really want to). The ONLY way your body will lose weight is if it burns stored calories, and the only way to burn stored calories is to intake LESS calories then you need for day. SO calories IN < Calories SPENT. In the sections stickys you will find out how to calculate your daily maintenance calories (what you need day to day to avoid losing or gaining weight) once you do that you should just eat roughly 700-500 calories less per day. If you want to eat more cals (like 200 less per day) and burn the extra calories off through cardio you will see the same results.

For every 3,500 Calories = 1lb of fat. so at 500 cal deficit you will lose 1lb of fat per week. If you start weight training you will just burn more calories those days your are more active and can either a) eat more that day or b) lose more weight.

You can do whatever you wanna do!