German26 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Best personal trainers in the world?

Hi guys,

I was just wondering - who are the best personal trainers out there, and do any of them have books worth reading?

I've been working out for 10 years 3-4x a week, but would like to become more cut (I do have & always have had a flat stomach, I'm just not truly cut) and generally learn more about nutrition & cutting/reducing body fat.

Obviously fitness/weight loss is a field that is as cluttered as it gets, so I've been hoping I could cut through the clutter (and find a great book worth reading) by finding (a book or multiple) from personal trainers that have great track records with their clients (esp. when it comes to reducing bodyfat).

I'm not sure how this business works (sorry if Im wrong about this assumption?), but was assuming that the top personal trainers in hollywood who get big bucks might only be able to get / stay in their positions, if they were regularly getting results for their clients. Of course, getting there in the first place probably comes down to relationships, but I cant see anyone staying there if what they tell their clients to do (to get ripped for their next big acting role) doesn't work.

Is this assumption wrong? Any such personal trainers with books worth reading?

I'd like to figure out what exactly I have to do, but too often hear one person (including personal trainers) suggest one thing, and another person suggest another thing (the fat burning zone for cardio, HIT vs. steady state cardio, kcals in vs. kcals out is all that matters vs. what kind of foods you eat is just as important, after burn exists vs. after burn is a myth, ...)

In my career it's very easy to cut through the clutter when hiring someone (of course I dont do the hiring, yet ), because it's ridiculously easy to see their track record / what results they have actually gotten...I was hoping I could apply the same principle to bodyfat reduction/weight loss, etc. by finding persoanl trainers that are highly successful when it comes to getting results in the real world with a variety of clients (and that have published a book).

Any idea how I could find this kind of book? (rather than just buying the 'best-selling' books)

PS: Obviously figuring out how bodybuilders & fitness models get into contest shape is the other idea I have in order to cut through the clutter.

Registered User fitmodeltrainer's Avatar
    fitmodeltrainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitmodeltrainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitmodeltrainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitmodeltrainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitmodeltrainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitmodeltrainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitmodeltrainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitmodeltrainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitmodeltrainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitmodeltrainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitmodeltrainer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by German26 View Post
    Hi guys,

I was just wondering - who are the best personal trainers out there, and do any of them have books worth reading?

I've been working out for 10 years 3-4x a week, but would like to become more cut (I do have & always have had a flat stomach, I'm just not truly cut) and generally learn more about nutrition & cutting/reducing body fat.

Obviously fitness/weight loss is a field that is as cluttered as it gets, so I've been hoping I could cut through the clutter (and find a great book worth reading) by finding (a book or multiple) from personal trainers that have great track records with their clients (esp. when it comes to reducing bodyfat).

I'm not sure how this business works (sorry if Im wrong about this assumption?), but was assuming that the top personal trainers in hollywood who get big bucks might only be able to get / stay in their positions, if they were regularly getting results for their clients. Of course, getting there in the first place probably comes down to relationships, but I cant see anyone staying there if what they tell their clients to do (to get ripped for their next big acting role) doesn't work.

I'd like to figure out what exactly I have to do, but too often hear one person (including personal trainers) suggest one thing, and another person suggest another thing (the fat burning zone for cardio, HIT vs. steady state cardio, kcals in vs. kcals out is all that matters vs. what kind of foods you eat is just as important, after burn exists vs. after burn is a myth, ...)

In my career it's very easy to cut through the clutter when hiring someone (of course I dont do the hiring, yet ), because it's ridiculously easy to see their track record / what results they have actually gotten...I was hoping I could apply the same principle to bodyfat reduction/weight loss, etc. by finding persoanl trainers that are highly successful when it comes to getting results in the real world with a variety of clients (and that have published a book).

Any idea how I could find this kind of book? (rather than just buying the 'best-selling' books)

PS: Obviously figuring out how bodybuilders & fitness models get into contest shape is the other idea I have in order to cut through the clutter.
    Hollywood trainers usually get where they are by knowing someone, or having grown up in the area...which also means knowing people. Gunnar Peterson is one of the more well known trainers of the stars and he's admitted to being about average as a trainer, and acknowledged a certain amount of luck in getting where he is. They do still have to be good enough to get their clients in shape, but that's easy when you're dealing with clients who are motivated by millions of dollars.

Your last sentence makes me think that you should consider doing a novice bodybuilding competition. That would definitely get you cut, and would teach you more about your body than any book ever could. You would literally learn complete control of your physique, and getting to 2-4 % bodyfat will tell you things about your development you would never learn otherwise. Just a thought.
    100% Drug-Free Bikini and Figure Competition Prep Worldwide via Online, and locally in San Diego, CA/Orlando, FL. 90% of our clients have placed top 5 since 2010.

We're the only online bikini/figure competition team I'm aware of that reviews video of ALL their clients performing the exercises to make sure they're using proper form and intensity.

Visit my site to see success stories and learn about my approach.

www.nextlevelbikiniprep.com

tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hi guys,

You're best off talking to a natural body builder, as they will have personal experience with getting to low bodyfat levels, drug free.

@tovlakas:

Do you (or anyone else on here) have an idea whether Tom Venuto is legit?

His articles (and the posts on this forum) sound legit (so do most posts on this forum about him), and apparently he is a natural bodybuilder who sells his information on cutting / fat loss to the public.

When someone sells a product for weight loss, I immediately wonder if theyre just another scam, but in one of the articles I read about him he suggested "why dont you take it from bodybuilders & fitness models who have mastered that area of their life?". It made a lot of sense.

@fitmodeltrainer:

thanks for the advice!

Actually that was in my consideration, too: I was hoping to find someone (who has a book) with a highly successful track record with helping various individuals get in shape. Obviously, there are two things that matter (for having such a track record):
    - one's own knowledge/advice
    - the motivation & self-discipline clients have

And this is exactly the reason why I was thinking of hollywood - people who train with the average joe, will never have a sample population of highly motivated individuals. Thus, I'd never find a personal trainer with a close to 100% track record who trains average folks. But because hollywood folks are motivated by millions of dollars, and basically do it as part of their full-time job, I was hoping that would allow me to filter out that factor.

As for participating in a competition and doing a real cut to really low body fat levels, maybe I should do that. Admittedly, I probably wont participate in an actual competiton, but maybe I should start a thread about it on here (or something similar). I have done 2 cutting phases in the past already for approx. 6 weeks each time (didnt cheat a single day)..so maybe Im overcomplicating this and should just do it again, but for a longer time (and to a point where Im truly ripped) simply to master this.

anyway thanks for the advice!

EDIT:

@fitmodeltrainer (or anyone else)
    you cannot happen to think of another personal trainer of the stars like gunnar peterson?
    (I searched Amazon to find his stuff, but his book does not include diet information in particular it read...)
    Last edited by German26; 04-22-2010 at 08:50 PM.

rsxnabs520 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rsxnabs520 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thomas Tadlock Top 5 Trainer in the US. He trains other trainers in different states aside from training clients.

tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250) tovlakas has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    German26: I read Tom Venuto's book way back in the day and still use a lot of what he preached in my daily training style. He has horrible genetics but his philosophy is definitely on point. He's pretty long-winded though (I could rewrite his book to be 1/4 the length).

As for selling, Tom offers a lot of his advice for free.. but I'd still read the book definitely.

@rsxnabs520: Thomas always promotes himself as the top trainer in the US but where exactly is he getting that statistic from? Most people outside of OC/Long Beach have never heard of him. Well, or in OC/LB for that matter, haha.
    Last edited by tovlakas; 04-22-2010 at 10:06 PM.

Ephrem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ephrem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ephrem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ephrem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ephrem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ephrem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ephrem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ephrem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ephrem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ephrem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Ephrem has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What are your stats (BF, Measurements, Lifts) - And what are your goals (specifically)?
    "The only place Success comes before Work, is in the dictionary"

fitmodeltrainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitmodeltrainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitmodeltrainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitmodeltrainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitmodeltrainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitmodeltrainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitmodeltrainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitmodeltrainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitmodeltrainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitmodeltrainer is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitmodeltrainer is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    As for participating in a competition and doing a real cut to really low body fat levels, maybe I should do that. Admittedly, I probably wont participate in an actual competiton, but maybe I should start a thread about it on here (or something similar). I have done 2 cutting phases in the past already for approx. 6 weeks each time (didnt cheat a single day)..so maybe Im overcomplicating this and should just do it again, but for a longer time (and to a point where Im truly ripped) simply to master this.

anyway thanks for the advice!

EDIT:

@fitmodeltrainer (or anyone else)
    you cannot happen to think of another personal trainer of the stars like gunnar peterson?
    (I searched Amazon to find his stuff, but his book does not include diet information in particular it read...)
    Unless you're preparing for an event where you need to be temporarily ripped, doing a cutting phase isn't the answer. My idea of you doing a competition was to get you in front of judges when you're at your peak. If you can wait around long enough to talk to them after the show is over, you can get some advice that is more personalized, valuable and brutally honest than anything you would ever get from a book or a trainer (unless you have a really good trainer with you as your coach).

I have to admit that this is a tough question for me to answer because most of my knowledge when I competed was sort of pieced together, and even if there were a single source at that time, it would be considered outdated by now. Really, what did it for me was the threat of knowing I would be on stage in basically a speedo in front of a bunch of strangers who like admiring oiled up men and women who smell like pam (butter flavored in my case). That motivated me to seek out the information I needed, even if it took dozens of different sources.

There is an ebook I recently looked at to see if I might want to promote it on my site. It's called Final Phase Fat Loss by John Roman. The rationale for his programming seems a bit thin, but it is sustainable, progressive, and the kind of program that would definitely get you ripped if you can push yourself as hard as it tells you to. It's not the end all be all, but a decent program that inspires and motivates you is better than a 'perfect' one that doesn't.
    100% Drug-Free Bikini and Figure Competition Prep Worldwide via Online, and locally in San Diego, CA/Orlando, FL. 90% of our clients have placed top 5 since 2010.

We're the only online bikini/figure competition team I'm aware of that reviews video of ALL their clients performing the exercises to make sure they're using proper form and intensity.

NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) NorwichGrad has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    @tovlakas:

Do you (or anyone else on here) have an idea whether Tom Venuto is legit?
    Tom Venuto is very much legit. I follow his protocol with great success when it comes to training (and eventually transforming) regular, sedentary Joes and Janes who are overweight - and we have lots of 'em in America!
    This above all..
    To thine ownself be true..
    And it must follow, as the night the day..
    Thou can'st not then be false to any man..
    -----------------------------------------------
    Bros, my Weightlifters and Powerlifters are my credentials.

Wanderlei will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wanderlei will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wanderlei will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wanderlei will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wanderlei will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wanderlei will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wanderlei will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wanderlei will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wanderlei will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wanderlei will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wanderlei will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Venuto is legit.

One of the most widely mentioned names in PT'ing worldwide is Paul Chek.
    http://www.chekinstitute.com/Paul_Chek
    I think he is a personal trainer, but i've only hear more about him giving seminars and what-not than training someone specifically.
    RIP Piermario Morosini.

A man distracted is a man defeated.

labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

fengsky has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi guys,

ask for recommendations from friends?

chuckolate1984 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The best trainers are the ones who know marketing the best....that is if success is measured by $$$. 9 certs and masters in kinesesiolgy don't mean SHI* if you don't know how to run a business and market your business.
    Women like lean and ripped, men like muscular and bulky. I like women therefore I am lean and ripped.

http://www.modelchuckryanstrogish.net

Wanderlei will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wanderlei will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wanderlei will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wanderlei will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wanderlei will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wanderlei will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wanderlei will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wanderlei will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wanderlei will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wanderlei will become famous soon enough. (+50) Wanderlei will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I don't reckon business should be a part of Personal Training. It's important if you start your own business, but if people want to train to work in a gym or for a sporting club, like myself, I couldn't care less about the business side of things.
    RIP Piermario Morosini.

A man distracted is a man defeated.

McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50) McJimmie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by chuckolate1984 View Post
    The best trainers are the ones who know marketing the best....that is if success is measured by $$$. 9 certs and masters in kinesesiolgy don't mean SHI* if you don't know how to run a business and market your business.
    Only if you measure success in dollars, not in kg or bodyfat for your clients.

For me, the best PT is the one who has the ability to get results for his clients.

I am meeting him later today !
    because fitness isn't coincidence

PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000) PopeGregorius is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm not sure how this business works (sorry if Im wrong about this assumption?), but was assuming that the top personal trainers in hollywood who get big bucks might only be able to get / stay in their positions, if they were regularly getting results for their clients.
    10 years eh, you're learned a lot.

Here is the hollywood personal trainer routine you need. Make sure you buy all the informercial stuff too.

* ʍǝɹɔ ǝıssnɐ *

Thanks for the input everyone, I'll look up if any of these guys have a good book I might want to read.

I'll probably get tom venuto's book, though - Im already sold on the idea that bodybuilders & fitness models know how to get cut/lose weight...so I guess that's exactly what I'm looking for (simply to learn more about what I already know about cutting - which isnt a lot but got me decent results in the past).

beardymcbeard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beardymcbeard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beardymcbeard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beardymcbeard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beardymcbeard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beardymcbeard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beardymcbeard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beardymcbeard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beardymcbeard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beardymcbeard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) beardymcbeard is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    http://www.romanfitnesssystems.com/ That guy's cool, natural bodybuilder and top fitness trainer

Joel Marion has some cool ideas too
    400/230/445@165lbs
    182.5/105/202/5@75kg

Registered User trance__dreamer's Avatar
    trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Gr3g_Lycan View Post
    10 years eh, you're learned a lot.

Here is the hollywood personal trainer routine you need. Make sure you buy all the informercial stuff too.

fckin' skanks. no wonder hollywood has no muscle. meh. they don't want it. (we do...but we're after different goals.) so, i guess it's good then. but as i said, we know better. & the sad thing is that she probably knows better, too. but she just perpetuates the stereotypes/myths 'cause it sells. it's what pple want to hear. & let's face it, she needs money to live; just like we all do. so, it's quite sad indeed...yet smart. i'm not gunna lie...i would like to take advantage/manipulate just a little bit, too. meh. i want to live comfortably; not gunna lie.
    Last edited by trance__dreamer; 04-24-2010 at 09:18 AM.

trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Wanderlei View Post
    I don't reckon business should be a part of Personal Training. It's important if you start your own business, but if people want to train to work in a gym or for a sporting club, like myself, I couldn't care less about the business side of things.
    !!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by trance__dreamer; 04-24-2010 at 09:19 AM.

BRB... Eating a chicken askthetrainer's Avatar
    askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000) askthetrainer is just really nice. (+1000)
    This idea of "best personal trainers in the world" is kind of stupid to me... I mean to my client who I helped lose 150 pounds and go from a cardiac patient to a bodybuilder competition, I'm going to be the best personal trainer in the world. But to the client who didn't get any results while I trained them, I'm gonna be the ****tiest personal trainer in the world...

If you mean most money, then you're talking Old School Richard Simmons, Body by Jake types of people who have made tens of millions...

If you're talking recognition I'd have to guess people like the founders of NASM, and other certification orgs like aforementioned Paul Chek...

Regardless, even the "best personal trainers in the world" likely have had more failures than successes with helping their client's achieve their desired goals which is a very difficult process....

I'd guess most personal trainer's success rate would be 25%? and that's probably an overestimate..
    Contact me about our author Program

www.AskTheTrainer.com | Twitter.com/AskTheTrainer | ********.com/askthetrainercom

Regardless, even the "best personal trainers in the world" likely have had more failures than successes with helping their client's achieve their desired goals which is a very difficult process....

I'd guess most personal trainer's success rate would be 25%? and that's probably an overestimate..
    So true. So much depends on the client, especially when training for weight loss. I've always told clients that I could guarantee my performance, but that they would only be successful if they could guarantee their's (commitment that is) as well.

"10 years eh, you're learned a lot."

Keep in mind Ive been lifting weights for 10 years (clean bulking and maintaining + 2 quick cutting phases), didnt try to become a personal trainer or be the most knowledgeable person about fitness.

"This idea of "best personal trainers in the world" is kind of stupid to me... I mean to my client who I helped lose 150 pounds and go from a cardiac patient to a bodybuilder competition, I'm going to be the best personal trainer in the world. But to the client who didn't get any results while I trained them, I'm gonna be the ****tiest personal trainer in the world..."

which is why I said I was trying to find someone with a great track record/success rate (with people who put in the hours/had the motivation).

"I'd guess most personal trainer's success rate would be 25%? and that's probably an overestimate.. "

"So true. So much depends on the client, especially when training for weight loss. I've always told clients that I could guarantee my performance, but that they would only be successful if they could guarantee their's (commitment that is) as well."

@fitmodeltrainer & askthetrainer:

Why is the success rate that low - is it exclusively b/c 75% of the clients wont stick to eating right / following their routine?

@fitmodeltrainer:

If I understand it correctly, you believe (know?) that 100% of the clients who adhered to your advice (training & nutrition) were able to accomplish their goals? (and that the 75%+ of unsuccessful clients are those who are not motivated enough/dont stick to their training/nutrition)

Hope this doesnt sound too provoking or anything, Im really just curious/asking if I understood you guys right.

thanks, again.

"10 years eh, you're learned a lot."

Keep in mind Ive been lifting weights for 10 years (clean bulking and maintaining + 2 quick cutting phases), didnt try to become a personal trainer or be the most knowledgeable person about fitness.

"This idea of "best personal trainers in the world" is kind of stupid to me... I mean to my client who I helped lose 150 pounds and go from a cardiac patient to a bodybuilder competition, I'm going to be the best personal trainer in the world. But to the client who didn't get any results while I trained them, I'm gonna be the ****tiest personal trainer in the world..."

which is why I said I was trying to find someone with a great track record/success rate (with people who put in the hours/had the motivation).

"I'd guess most personal trainer's success rate would be 25%? and that's probably an overestimate.. "

"So true. So much depends on the client, especially when training for weight loss. I've always told clients that I could guarantee my performance, but that they would only be successful if they could guarantee their's (commitment that is) as well."

@fitmodeltrainer & askthetrainer:

Why is the success rate that low - is it exclusively b/c 75% of the clients wont stick to eating right / following their routine?

@fitmodeltrainer:

If I understand it correctly, you believe (know?) that 100% of the clients who adhered to your advice (training & nutrition) were able to accomplish their goals? (and that the 75%+ of unsuccessful clients are those who are not motivated enough/dont stick to their training/nutrition)

Hope this doesnt sound too provoking or anything, Im really just curious/asking if I understood you guys right.

thanks, again.
    Whether it's 100% or 90%...it's a pretty high success rate when both parties are all in. If 75% are unsuccessful, a lot of those are going to be people who were never serious to begin with and dropped out, or could never legitimately afford personal training to begin with.

Others won't eat well, some won't workout on their own, etc. This happens to even the most motivating trainers. The only way to ensure a decent success rate is to manage clients' expectations from the beginning, or fire clients who aren't serious.
    Last edited by fitmodeltrainer; 04-24-2010 at 03:46 PM.

I didn't hear no bell! Rap_Rocky's Avatar
    Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    FINALLY, a thread dedicated to me.

I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying.
    I'm not out there sweating for three hours every day just to find out what it feels like to sweat.

I didn't hear no bell! Rap_Rocky's Avatar
    Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Rap_Rocky will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by trance__dreamer View Post
    !!!!!!!!!
    LMAO, I swear you guys bring me the funniest pics ever. Saving this one for sure.
    I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can't accept not trying.
    I'm not out there sweating for three hours every day just to find out what it feels like to sweat.

Originally Posted by Rap_Rocky View Post
    FINALLY, a thread dedicated to me.

I wonder how many people thought that but didn't post it

Talking

Originally Posted by Rap_Rocky View Post
    LMAO, I swear you guys bring me the funniest pics ever. Saving this one for sure.
    moar to come; all in good time.