ga_tech has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

BCAA before or after long distance running

Should I take BCAA before or after running? I'm asking this because I am training for a half marathon, but I don't want to lose (or minimize) the muscle I have worked hard to gain; it seems the general consensus is that BCAA reduces catabolic effects.

dstunna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dstunna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dstunna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dstunna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dstunna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dstunna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dstunna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dstunna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dstunna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dstunna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dstunna is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by ga_tech View Post
    Should I take BCAA before or after running? I'm asking this because I am training for a half marathon, but I don't want to lose (or minimize) the muscle I have worked hard to gain; it seems the general consensus is that BCAA reduces catabolic effects.
    both.lol, before and after you run, you can mix it w/ a protein shake or you can get it in chewables
    Betancourt Nutrition Brand manager
    "Competition Breeds Innovation" www.BetancourtNutrition.com

Training, Nutrition & Lifestyle blog:
    www.LiftandPray.com

TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by dstunna View Post
    both.lol, before and after you run, you can mix it w/ a protein shake or you can get it in chewables

Heck you could prolly get away with drinking some while you are running i know a guy that runs marathons and works for UPS and he swears by drinking Amino Vital and Accelerade while running
    Krispy Kreme Krew Forever.
    Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity.

smcmichaeljr is just really nice. (+1000) smcmichaeljr is just really nice. (+1000) smcmichaeljr is just really nice. (+1000) smcmichaeljr is just really nice. (+1000) smcmichaeljr is just really nice. (+1000) smcmichaeljr is just really nice. (+1000) smcmichaeljr is just really nice. (+1000) smcmichaeljr is just really nice. (+1000) smcmichaeljr is just really nice. (+1000) smcmichaeljr is just really nice. (+1000) smcmichaeljr is just really nice. (+1000)
    You take a water bottle with you? I'd say intra and post, but splitting the dose between before and after is a good idea too.

dstunna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dstunna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dstunna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dstunna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dstunna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dstunna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dstunna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dstunna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dstunna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dstunna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dstunna is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by TMac26 View Post
    Heck you could prolly get away with drinking some while you are running i know a guy that runs marathons and works for UPS and he swears by drinking Amino Vital and Accelerade while running
    that's actually one of the most popular ways to do it...you can easily find research that connects bcaa supplementation to brain chemistry (which can make it seem like it's increasing performance, but there's no research i've seen about that), but b/c some people can't digest/drink things w/ comfort while running (which is why electroylte/carb gels are popular, as well as taking a quick shot of water then tossing the cup) it's never the first recommendation

www.LiftandPray.com

TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TMac26 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    that's actually one of the most popular ways to do it...you can easily find research that connects bcaa supplementation to brain chemistry (which can make it seem like it's increasing performance, but there's no research i've seen about that), but b/c some people can't digest/drink things w/ comfort while running (which is why electroylte/carb gels are popular, as well as taking a quick shot of water then tossing the cup) it's never the first recommendation

Ahhhh that would make sense...i can see the discomfort of having to drink something while running quite a long distance
    Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity.

dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dvsness has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Where's the option for not running?
    NPC Bodybuilder, Mother and Hater Extraordinaire

Sponsored by Prep & Rep Kitchen

Originally Posted by dvsness View Post
    Where's the option for not running?
    that would be option number 3 behind ketogenic diet...it's called the stairmaster

www.LiftandPray.com

that would be option number 3 behind ketogenic diet...it's called the stairmaster

lmao