jiimi62 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Best Headphones?

What are ppls favorite headphones to use while working out? What are ppls thoughts on being able to hear another persons music through their head phones?

I have recently (6 mo) started hitting the gym pretty hard. During my cardio workouts I like to have the music on my MP3 player up pretty loud. Recently I bought a new pair of headphones, they are a cross between the old big fit on the ear type and the small ear buds. They have a little bud that sticks in your ear but a bigger speaker also for more bass. I noticed the other day a few ppl looking at me odd as I was running, now that school is out I have changed my gym schedule and thought maybe it was just checking out the new guy. But I wasn't quite sure what it was until the other day, I got ready to go out for a road run when my wife commented how loud my music was. I switched from the smaller ear bud type because you just don't get any bass from them.

So my question is what are the ppls recomendations on good headphones?

How much of a No-No is it to have your own music loud? (I can't stand the top 40 milley cirus bull my gym plays)

lpsevier is just really nice. (+1000) lpsevier is just really nice. (+1000) lpsevier is just really nice. (+1000) lpsevier is just really nice. (+1000) lpsevier is just really nice. (+1000) lpsevier is just really nice. (+1000) lpsevier is just really nice. (+1000) lpsevier is just really nice. (+1000) lpsevier is just really nice. (+1000) lpsevier is just really nice. (+1000) lpsevier is just really nice. (+1000)
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...W90NTWC55WXPSK

I use these. They don't fall off my ear EVER, sound pretty decent and are really cheap.

You can get them at Target and Walmart all day long for ten bucks.

www.mutantfitness.com buffbrown21's Avatar
    buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000) buffbrown21 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    A search may have helped. This was acutally covered here just a few weeks ago.
    See here:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=117090921

There are also several other threads on the best headphones to use while working out.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member #14

www.ShankAZombie.com

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Depends on what type you are looking for. I know many people prefer them to wrap around their ears, while i like the noise cancelling ear buds better (For running and lifting). Depending on the size of your wallet you cant go wrong with Shure (Expensive), V-Moda (High-Middle), or Sennheiser (Middle-Affordable). I personally picked up a pair of V-Moda Vibe's and they are FREAKING sick! You would not believe the quality of sound and the amount of bass these things put out. They are comfortable, look sweet, and have multiple ear bud pads for you to choose from. Also, the cord is wrapped in some type of cloth/mess material that does not tangle up easy and break.

V-Moda gets my vote!
    Last edited by urbanlifter; 04-12-2011 at 07:57 AM.

lpsevier is just really nice. (+1000) lpsevier is just really nice. (+1000) lpsevier is just really nice. (+1000) lpsevier is just really nice. (+1000) lpsevier is just really nice. (+1000) lpsevier is just really nice. (+1000) lpsevier is just really nice. (+1000) lpsevier is just really nice. (+1000) lpsevier is just really nice. (+1000) lpsevier is just really nice. (+1000) lpsevier is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by urbanlifter View Post
    Depends on what type you are looking for. I know many people prefer them to wrap around their ears, while i like the noise cancelling ear buds better (For running and lifting). Depending on the size of your wallet you cant go wrong with Shure (Expensive), V-Moda (High-Middle), or Sennheiser (Middle-Affordable). I personally picked up a pair of V-Moda Vibe's and they are FREAKING sick! You would not believe the quality of sound and the amount of bass these things put out. They are comfortable, look sweet, and have multiple ear bud pads for you to choose from. Also, the cord is wrapped in some type of cloth/mess material that does not tangle up easy and break.

V-Moda gets my vote!
    You know that you can get over the ear - in ear - noise canceling headphones all in one now?

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-SHS800...5861313&sr=1-1

jiimi62 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for all the help. I did do a search (I haven't posted much but know ppl get flamed for asking common questions without searching). After re-reading my post I realized I may not have been specific enough as to my question. I enjoy the headphones I have now, they don't fall off and have good sound.

Maybe I should re-post in a different section. I guess I am more interested in the proper etiquette for headphone volume. I have found that when i need an extra boost to push through the last few HIIT sprints, Hill climbs or squat reps turning the volume way up and finding a good song will give me an instant adrenaline rush. Sometimes I can actually feel a physical change in my body. I almost get a cold chill, my hair stands up and I feel a flood of energy. It may be all psychological and placebo, but what ever it is it works. We all talk to our buds about "you'll never believe what I saw this guy doing at the gym today". I just don't want to be "that guy" who annoys everyone or gets made fun of nor do I want to interfere with someone else' workout.

I will definitely check into the noise canceling ones.

urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) urbanlifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by lpsevier View Post
    You know that you can get over the ear - in ear - noise canceling headphones all in one now?

http://www.amazon.com/Philips-SHS800...5861313&sr=1-1
    Yeah, I have seen ones similair to those before. I just have never heard anything made by Sony, Phillips, ect. that compares to Shure and V-Moda. I like listening to music with heavy bass and clarity of sound during workouts. This is just one of those silly things I refuse to go cheap on. But then again i'm just as much a fitness nut as I am an audio junky! For example:

My House = Klipsch 6.1 Surround sound, Denon Receiver, Klipsch RW12 Subwoofer, Klipsch Outdoor Speakers, Nothing but Monster cables! (Can you tell i'm a fan of Klipsch?)

Car = 2 JL Audio 12w6v2 Subwoofers, JL 500/1 Amp, JL 300/4 Amp, Alpine Type R Speakers, Pioneer 7" Touchscreen DVD player, all Monster Wiring.

After listening to that stuff for a while I have been ruined and need something more when it comes to headphones. Takes a nasty toll on your wallet though!

kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000) kelt_22 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I cannot use them. Califlower ear so all the ones so far hurt after 10 min.
    Anyone know of ones that work for working out(wont fall off) and dont kill the ears.
    I sell home and commercial fitness equipment, so if you have questions on equipment PM me and I will help.

“When the light comes down, and the earth shakes with the footsteps of a thousand battalions, when the air sings with the sound of clashing shields, and the ground is wet with the blood of men, that is when I am most alive. That is when my life is taken to the edge of the point, that is when I am invincible until the moment of death”

-Unknown Spartan Hoplite, 461 B.C.-

jstucker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jstucker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jstucker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jstucker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jstucker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jstucker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jstucker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jstucker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jstucker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jstucker has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Creative EP-630's. I cannot give higher recommendation for head phones. They're ear buds that stay in very well, have great noise-cancelling so you can't hear anything and no one can hear you. They have phenomenal sound (for pretty cheap ear buds) and great bass support. A few things to look for if you decide these aren't for you:
    Check frequency response. You want the biggest range you can find. 20Hz-20KHz is fairly common, but if you can find 16hz-34KHz or something likewise wider, you'll get better sound reproduction. Beyond that, Neodymium magnets. A 9mm or 11mm neodymium driver will give small ear buds a hell of a whallup for bass. This is because it's stronger than regular magnets so you get more power in the same small space.

Getting Bigger Each Day. FaceThePain's Avatar
    FaceThePain is just really nice. (+1000) FaceThePain is just really nice. (+1000) FaceThePain is just really nice. (+1000) FaceThePain is just really nice. (+1000) FaceThePain is just really nice. (+1000) FaceThePain is just really nice. (+1000) FaceThePain is just really nice. (+1000) FaceThePain is just really nice. (+1000) FaceThePain is just really nice. (+1000) FaceThePain is just really nice. (+1000) FaceThePain is just really nice. (+1000)
    SkullCandy headphones.
    I use the in ear type, they run $21.99 at BestBuy..or $6.00 for me since my fiance is the GM lol.
    FANTASTIC quality sound, moreso then Sonys for the same price.
    Less than 11% bodyfat, and STILL no overly shown abs.
    **** genetics lol.

Yeah, I have seen ones similair to those before. I just have never heard anything made by Sony, Phillips, ect. that compares to Shure and V-Moda. I like listening to music with heavy bass and clarity of sound during workouts. This is just one of those silly things I refuse to go cheap on. But then again i'm just as much a fitness nut as I am an audio junky! For example:

My House = Klipsch 6.1 Surround sound, Denon Receiver, Klipsch RW12 Subwoofer, Klipsch Outdoor Speakers, Nothing but Monster cables! (Can you tell i'm a fan of Klipsch?)

Car = 2 JL Audio 12w6v2 Subwoofers, JL 500/1 Amp, JL 300/4 Amp, Alpine Type R Speakers, Pioneer 7" Touchscreen DVD player, all Monster Wiring.

After listening to that stuff for a while I have been ruined and need something more when it comes to headphones. Takes a nasty toll on your wallet though!
    All great stuff, I'm a Klipsch / Harmon Kardon guy - but why all the Monster cables? Seems like a waste of cash to me.

Originally Posted by lpsevier View Post
    All great stuff, I'm a Klipsch / Harmon Kardon guy - but why all the Monster cables? Seems like a waste of cash to me.
    NOPE! I have a friend that was the store manager for a local audio store. I ended up getting all Monster cables at cost (70% off). Everything else I was able to get at 50% the total MSRP. Plus I paid the install guys under the table and that saved me another 50% off labor. Dont downplay the wires though, would you purchase a Ferarri and fill it up with regular gasoline?

Man, I wish he never would have quit that job!

NOPE! I have a friend that was the store manager for a local audio store. I ended up getting all Monster cables at cost (70% off). Everything else I was able to get at 50% the total MSRP. Plus I paid the install guys under the table and that saved me another 50% off labor. Dont downplay the wires though, would you purchase a Ferarri and fill it up with regular gasoline?

Man, I wish he never would have quit that job!
    Solid deals for SURE! Nice job.

But why do you think the monster's are any better than what you can get from monoprice.com?