Closed Thread
Page 3 of 397 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 103 ... LastLast
    Registered User lalalalakerss24's Avatar
    lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by dgaughan View Post
    I'm going to be starting this routine soon at home by myself without a spotter. What if any problems are there is you do squats & bench presses without a spotter. Perhaps I should rely on DBs instead of barbells without a spotter?
    Get two chairs and line them up correctly with some cushion on top (so it doesnt damage the chair). If you failed at the squat, you can land safely. Just land slowly.

Dont know about bench though.

meangreen1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Today I finished my 5th cycle. In 5 cycles I have seen good progress- I went from 175lbs to 200 and my strengths improved a lot. I am thinking of moving on to a different program in hopes of sparking new growth and because a couple lifts (bench and shoulder press) have stalled for the second time in a row. That being said I

I know that there have been a couple intermediate programs touched on in the original thread. Im having trouble finding them even using the search this thread function. I am interested in the upper lower split. can anyone point me in the right direction? My goal is size and because of my schedule 3 or 4 day routines work best for me.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by lalalalakerss24 View Post
    So chin ups are good at the end of my light workout?

You probably have no trouble working in 80 because you were in the Marine? (correct or was it something else)
    But don't add any workout unless you are finished cycle 3-4. 80 is too much for me bro. I am a Marine but i have an injury on my right hand 8 years which required 55 stitches and i also damaged 4 tendons. It is hard for me to grip on anything that is heavy..
    Steve H. Ngo
    Currently on 12 weeks bulking program.
    Starting at 165lbs with approx 12% BF.

Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10) Sngo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by meangreen1 View Post
    Today I finished my 5th cycle. In 5 cycles I have seen good progress- I went from 175lbs to 200 and my strengths improved a lot. I am thinking of moving on to a different program in hopes of sparking new growth and because a couple lifts (bench and shoulder press) have stalled for the second time in a row. That being said I

I know that there have been a couple intermediate programs touched on in the original thread. Im having trouble finding them even using the search this thread function. I am interested in the upper lower split. can anyone point me in the right direction? My goal is size and because of my schedule 3 or 4 day routines work best for me.

I don't think All Pro have any of that split in his intermediate level. His intermediate program is 5x5 which i am currently on also a full body program and you are only allow to hit it 2 days a week.
    Steve H. Ngo

Registered User lalalalakerss24's Avatar
    lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000) lalalalakerss24 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Sngo View Post
    But don't add any workout unless you are finished cycle 3-4. 80 is too much for me bro. I am a Marine but i have an injury on my right hand 8 years which required 55 stitches and i also damaged 4 tendons. It is hard for me to grip on anything that is heavy..
    Yeah Im on my 4th cycle right now. Working out in the summer is going to be rough, hopefully my gym is going to have AC. Wow, still after 8 years? Be careful with it.

Get two chairs and line them up correctly with some cushion on top (so it doesnt damage the chair). If you failed at the squat, you can land safely. Just land slowly.

Dont know about bench though.

Great idea. I hate working out with partner because they sometime getting lazy and ditch the workout on ya. I never have any problem with my squat since i start the program except one time prior to start the program and before i know about the ATG. I was doing a quarter squat and accidentally went down too low. It was scary but i let the bar row off my back.

Here is my suggestion for homemade squat rack. You can use 2x4 and build the stand to support the bar as well as the below part just in case your leg giving up on you and it will catch it. Make sure the base wide enough to prevent it from rocking or fall over

If you are doing bench press at home alone and it happened to sit on you, just dip one side lower to let the plate slide out and do the other. Been there, done that at 235lbs
    Steve H. Ngo

Yeah Im on my 4th cycle right now. Working out in the summer is going to be rough, hopefully my gym is going to have AC. Wow, still after 8 years? Be careful with it.

It is permanent bro. I can't fully extend my ring and little fingers. When i make a fist it look funny because that two finger didn't close all the way either but that don't stop me from doing SLDL, Rows and other exercises. But i need to use strap if the weight is greater then 185lbs.

Summer is tough but drink plenty of water and let it sweat. I will go crazy if i sweat a lot and i will ended up with a whole lot of pain.

You can add Chin or Dips i like dips more cuz it will help with your bench press. Chin more than likely help with your OHP...
    Steve H. Ngo

mozzi101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mozzi101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mozzi101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mozzi101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mozzi101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mozzi101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mozzi101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mozzi101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mozzi101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mozzi101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mozzi101 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm going to be starting this routine soon at home by myself without a spotter. What if any problems are there is you do squats & bench presses without a spotter. Perhaps I should rely on DBs instead of barbells without a spotter?
    Maybe this could help with the squats?
    I saw this on utube as a clever work around on a squat that you can do at home, I wonder if all pro might like to have a look to give it the thumbs up or not?

w ww.youtube.com/watch?v=-D7Hv4L1F60&feature=relmfu

remove space to use link
    Find a job that you love and you'll never have to work another day in your life.

I rep anyone over the age of 40 on sight, us coffin dodgers have got to stick together!

Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000) Max10 is just really nice. (+1000)

Here are some links for you....Hope these are what you're looking for:

All pro's split: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...postcount=9624

Intermediate #1: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpo...postcount=2561

Intermediate #2: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=809027
    Well done is better than well said.

ravi1984 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TheLBM View Post
    I am currently doing this program ( iam on cut also) . What if i on the first week do all the sets on the non consecutive days with same weight ? Is it necessary to drop in weights on the second and third workout ?

Akos1712 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Akos1712 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Akos1712 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Akos1712 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Akos1712 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Akos1712 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Akos1712 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Akos1712 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Akos1712 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Akos1712 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Akos1712 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...95843&page=321
    loook for a post by AP
    may be that's what u r looking 4
    good luck

7arakat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

intermediate

i did ask the same question and some one replyed with this work out>>see the attachment
    Attached Files

Akos1712 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Akos1712 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Akos1712 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Akos1712 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Akos1712 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Akos1712 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Akos1712 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Akos1712 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Akos1712 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Akos1712 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Akos1712 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ravi1984 View Post
    I am currently doing this program ( iam on cut also) . What if i on the first week do all the sets on the non consecutive days with same weight ? Is it necessary to drop in weights on the second and third workout ?
    yes u need to drop the weight so that those days become a light day.
    if u do the same way all 3 weeks, there a possibilities that u cannot recover from it, can u can get stall from the program quite early

moe1111 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    can i add 1 extra bicep curle set until it gets harder just do 2 after about cycle 3 when it starts to pick up and get hard. Cause at this point cycle 2, i feel like i need to do 1 more and that shud be good.

all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by moe1111 View Post
    can i add 1 extra bicep curle set until it gets harder just do 2 after about cycle 3 when it starts to pick up and get hard. Cause at this point cycle 2, i feel like i need to do 1 more and that shud be good.
    If you want rows and curls to stall and go backwards then sure have it.

Basslover will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basslover will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basslover will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basslover will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basslover will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basslover will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basslover will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basslover will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basslover will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basslover will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basslover will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hi All pro, yesterday i was in the gym trying to figure out my starting weight, i tested it for the Squats, Bench Presses and for the Bent-Over Rows. The rest of the exercises i wanted to test today. I thought trying to figure out all of the weights for all of the exercises in one day would be too much because i never lifted before and wanted to take it easy.

But one mate told me in this forum that it would be better if i tested it all in one day because that would be better, then i would know how it would feel if i started the actual full body training.

What do u think? Is it ok to test only 3 exercises for the starting weights or should i test them all?
    Also what would be the maximum amount of sets needed to figure out the 10 repmax? Yesterday i did something like 4 sets for each of the 3 exercises i did, 2 warmup sets, with the 4th set i was feeling i was at my maximum weight.

Thanks for reading.

mmapcpro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mmapcpro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mmapcpro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mmapcpro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mmapcpro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mmapcpro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mmapcpro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mmapcpro has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by mozzi101 View Post
    I have also changed up from beer to whiskey...
    I'm an alcoholic that's been sober for years...so this kinda made me chuckle because that's one of the things I did to try to quit...was change from one type to another.

I realize you switched due to calories, and not for the reasons I did...but it just brought back memories for me of my old insanity.

all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) all pro is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Basslover View Post
    Hi All pro, yesterday i was in the gym trying to figure out my starting weight, i tested it for the Squats, Bench Presses and for the Bent-Over Rows. The rest of the exercises i wanted to test today. I thought trying to figure out all of the weights for all of the exercises in one day would be too much because i never lifted before and wanted to take it easy.

But one mate told me in this forum that it would be better if i tested it all in one day because that would be better, then i would know how it would feel if i started the actual full body training.

What do u think? Is it ok to test only 3 exercises for the starting weights or should i test them all?
    Also what would be the maximum amount of sets needed to figure out the 10 repmax? Yesterday i did something like 4 sets for each of the 3 exercises i did, 2 warmup sets, with the 4th set i was feeling i was at my maximum weight.

Thanks for reading.
    So long as you aren't sore or tired it should be alright.
    You can figure out your rep max in ONE set. Choose a weight. Rep until failure. Use a rep calculator to estimate your 1 rep max. Use 75% of your 1 rep max as your 10 rep max.

Basslover will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basslover will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basslover will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basslover will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basslover will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basslover will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basslover will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basslover will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basslover will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basslover will become famous soon enough. (+50) Basslover will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by all pro View Post
    So long as you aren't sore or tired it should be alright.
    You can figure out your rep max in ONE set. Choose a weight. Rep until failure. Use a rep calculator to estimate your 1 rep max. Use 75% of your 1 rep max as your 10 rep max.
    But the amount of reps should not be more then 10 times right? Becuase the rep calculator im using from this site calculates only for maximum 10 reps.

But the amount of reps should not be more then 10 times right? Becuase the rep calculator im using from this site calculates only for maximum 10 reps.
    This one goes up to 15,
    http://www.naturalphysiques.com/tools.php?itemid=18

gt5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gt5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gt5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gt5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gt5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gt5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gt5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gt5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gt5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gt5 is on a distinguished road. (+10) gt5 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    quick question on the bench press. ive read that after a while you should switch to incline bench press because it hits the top of the chest more how long till you switch if at all?

Originally Posted by gt5 View Post
    quick question on the bench press. ive read that after a while you should switch to incline bench press because it hits the top of the chest more how long till you switch if at all?
    There are more effective ways to change the angle of attack and I really can't think of a good reason, barring injury or for recovery purposes for every trading bench press for incline bench press.

Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Payton1221 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Sngo View Post
    If you are doing bench press at home alone and it happened to sit on you, just dip one side lower to let the plate slide out and do the other. Been there, done that at 235lbs
    And that's why you don't "collar" your weights when benching alone.

Brandon3333 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brandon3333 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brandon3333 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brandon3333 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brandon3333 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brandon3333 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brandon3333 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brandon3333 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brandon3333 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brandon3333 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Brandon3333 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What a great program! I'm entering week 3 and already getting pretty nice results
    Age - 22
    Height - 6'1
    Weight - 186
    Body fat - 17%

Youth Services Officer
    Psychiatric Attendant

MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MatTheCur has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by all pro View Post
    You can also do it the way I did ...

Go here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-repetition_maximum

Choose a formula (I like to use Brzycki), and plug in all of your values... Then take 75% of what you get.

It's nice, because you can set up a little excel sheet to do everything for you.
    Proud member of Team Ogre

-----> Come join me in my log on bb.com!: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150246533

Currently running: Wade's program
    Currently reading: Nothing. Suggest something for me to digest with my eyes
    Currently playing: Clicker Heroes and Diablo 3

Thanks Matthecur .

dgaughan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dgaughan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dgaughan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dgaughan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dgaughan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dgaughan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dgaughan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dgaughan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dgaughan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Payton1221 View Post
    And that's why you don't "collar" your weights when benching alone.
    But what if you are struggling on those last few reps and you are tilting or unsteady? The weights will slide off even tho you can finish.

But what if you are struggling on those last few reps and you are tilting or unsteady? The weights will slide off even tho you can finish.
    If you let the bar dip that low mind as well drop it. I have never seen one let the bar dip so low to the point the weight slide off without purposely doing it. I never put on the collard except on OHP and SLDL...
    Steve H. Ngo

H1t_V3r4c will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1t_V3r4c will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1t_V3r4c will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1t_V3r4c will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1t_V3r4c will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1t_V3r4c will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1t_V3r4c will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1t_V3r4c will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1t_V3r4c will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1t_V3r4c will become famous soon enough. (+50) H1t_V3r4c will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have a couple of questions,

Does the 4 set scheme mean the 2 warmup sets and the 2 worksets or does it mean 2 warmup sets and 4 worksets?

Is it detrimental to do cardio and abs on the workout days?

mozzi101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mozzi101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mozzi101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mozzi101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mozzi101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mozzi101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mozzi101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mozzi101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mozzi101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mozzi101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) mozzi101 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by mmapcpro View Post
    I'm an alcoholic that's been sober for years...so this kinda made me chuckle because that's one of the things I did to try to quit...was change from one type to another.

I realize you switched due to calories, and not for the reasons I did...but it just brought back memories for me of my old insanity.
    Lol, I was waiting for someone to pick that one up. The reason I mentioned it actually was just a hint to anyone that drinks beer and is trying to cut, (and I know a few here do) that each beer packs a whopping calorie amount, the bottles I drink are over 250 cals per bottle and contain lots of carbs, I discovered that spirits have 0 carbs so better from that point of view. (drinking neat or with water of course and no junk food munchies)

I'm not suggesting go get hammered on vodka every night or anything but it's easy to work out the alcohol equivalent of beers to spirits. My swap over, saves me money, calories and I get almost 0 hangover as I drink half pint water with each shot.

Some very interesting alcohol myth busting in this article:

w ww.leangains.com/2010/07/truth-about-alcohol-fat-loss-and-muscle.html

remove the space to use link !
    Find a job that you love and you'll never have to work another day in your life.

I rep anyone over the age of 40 on sight, us coffin dodgers have got to stick together!

Closed Thread