Closed Thread
Page 159 of 364 FirstFirst ... 59 109 149 157 158 159 160 161 169 209 259 ... LastLast
Results 4,741 to 4,770 of 10915
    gymrat992 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Thumbs up awesome video!

Originally Posted by henderjb View Post
    So what did you do with your morning? I made it happen! Mass Machine Nutrition hits Gold's Gym Winchester - Scene 1. More videos will be available at my you tube channel later today!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/PositiveEnergy247

Click here to order
    Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition
    right here on Bodybuilding.com today

I just had to say I love your attitude! You are a great role model and inspiration for everyone, keep up the great work.

Gymrat992

tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tjwoody is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    lol we have a lot in common.

you need to find ways to not injure yourself and if/when you do find ways to work around them. sux but i also got iffy delts, pain in a knee and ankle and 2 herniated disks in l4/5. took me awhile but i found ways around things.

good luck!

Originally Posted by GibTech View Post
    Rehab going well I think. I can now reach up my back ALMOST the same height with my right arm as my left. And not to offend or be to brash but I can wipe my own butt without pain now.....lol! It was that bad!

I haven't been participating in the points race for a couple of weeks due to feeling sorry for myself etc but I've decided I can still win the Transformation contest so I'm back in! I hope you all bring your A Games because this Banged up, Injured, Crippled, Damaged Warrior is going to kick your butts!!!

I have a messed up Rotator Cuff, pain in ligaments in both knees, messed up wrists, and a bad lower back. How are you going to feel when I beat you?

Lets do this everyone.....No excuses!!!! Good luck to all!!
    Used to be fat, now just fat with a lot of muscle.

come check out my latest log: Layne Nortons Carbon line http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169447773

I am a MASS MACHINE! skiplacour's Avatar
    skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by gymrat992 View Post
    Great information in the video skip!

Hey mass machines, if you don't have skip's packing on muscle dvd's yet, its a must buy. If your serious about working out and training buy the DVDs now. I'm not just saying that to kiss skip's ass, I'm being totally honest! I have the DVDs and watch them all the time. Every time I watch the DVDs I feel I learn something new. Its without a doubt the best training video out there. You will not only learn so much information about training, cardio and nutrition it will help motivate you to get to the next level!
    Steve
    Thanks for the testimonial, Steve.

Click here to get more information and order the Packing On Muscle DVD

Here's a little tip for everyone that might be a little counter-intuitive from what you've been taught your whole life.

Saying what you truly and passionately believe in to sincerely HELP OTHERS and/or RECIPROCATE SOME VALUE THAT HAS BEEN GIVEN TO YOU......

.....is NOT "ASS KISSING"---even if it will put your in good favor with someone else!

That's the way the world works. People help other people succeed. All successful people know this.

You "bust your tail" for other people and, if you are dealing with the right people, they will bust their tail for you.

You will NEVER be successful in life at the level you are truly capable if you try to "win this game" all by yourself. You NEED the help of other people to succeed.

That's your "SMOOZING 101" Life Success Tip for the day.

Train Hard. Think Big.
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Skip, here's a question for ya, posted on my you-tube, you may need to remind me later that I asked for your response!

Click here to order
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

Registered User GetBigNatural22's Avatar
    GetBigNatural22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Training

Skip,

I know you emphasize results driven over process driven when it comes to form;however, when I watch you or Jeff Willet train I can't help but notice that the heavy weights used are controlled extremely well. I do Max OT and my absolute goal is to overload the targeted muscle group, but I often feel like the weight is a little too heavy to "control" the way you and Willet do. Explode up on the contraction and lower twice as slow on the expansion, control it. What is your advice to me on finding the best weight to overload the muscle to the fullest, but while also being able to control it?

Thanks for your time.

Originally Posted by GetBigNatural22 View Post
    Skip,

I know you emphasize results driven over process driven when it comes to form;however, when I watch you or Jeff Willet train I can't help but notice that the heavy weights used are controlled extremely well. I do Max OT and my absolute goal is to overload the targeted muscle group, but I often feel like the weight is a little too heavy to "control" the way you and Willet do. Explode up on the contraction and lower twice as slow on the expansion, control it. What is your advice to me on finding the best weight to overload the muscle to the fullest, but while also being able to control it?

Thanks for your time.
    Hi GetBigNatural22...

Always remember the saying:

"Everything is hard--before it becomes easy."

That's true in the gym when you are striving to find the right balance between form and heavy weight--as well as ALL areas of life.

Practice becoming better and better during every session as you inch your way up to your ultimate goal. Don't expect to have it "perfected" your 1st, 5th, or even 50th time attemtpting to.

I surely didn't.

Watch this video:

Train Hard. Think Big.

Click here to order

henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up

Sweet Skip! Just another way of saying thanks!

The problem is, now I've just raised the bar for myself too! HOW AM I GOING TO TOP IT!! Well, I am sure I will think of something!!

As for you other Mass Machines, the booth really isn't that hard & is a lot of fun. And guys, if you need some extra incentive.....
    Want to pick up some chicks? Put on the GUN show & set up your booth! You'll pull in all the hot chicks - especially if you set up by their locker room... and you'll even have an excuse to get a number to "follow up" -- haha!

Here's video #2 - enjoy & subsribe to my you-tube for more entertainment!

Click here to order

Originally Posted by skiplacour View Post
    WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Awesome, Awesome job!

You are a CHAMPION MASS MACHINE, henderjb!

To my fellow MASS MACHINES.....

The "bar" has now been set!

Who is going to step up and TOP that?

Where are my SUPERSTARS up until this point in time in the "Challenge"?

Canz. MzJules, ScottRoland, mattpb, talalelh15, jmorg714, tyseagle, jayflex6, Lex29us, gymrat992, tjwoody, GibTech, pphelps83.......ARE YOU WATCHING THIS WOMAN?????

Which new superstars are going to emerge?

How are YOU going to beat that?

I'm calling you all out.....and waiting to see what YOU got!!!!!!

Train Hard. Think Big.

I am a MASS MACHINE! talalelh15's Avatar
    talalelh15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) talalelh15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) talalelh15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) talalelh15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) talalelh15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) talalelh15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) talalelh15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) talalelh15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) talalelh15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) talalelh15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) talalelh15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Wauw thanks you so much! This is a really great video.

1. Packing on mass i am def going to buy that, just have to wait till my money is on my bank.
    2. Now i will ´´adjust´´ if needed every 4 weeks.

Really time to step up my game.

ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I got a compliment today that I have never had before and I wanted to share it with my fellow Mass Machine buds.

A guy that works out at the same gym... pretty big body builder... has been out of town for 5 weeks working...he comes in today and says "Dude...you're getting big!"
    And for a change.... the person saying that wasn't meaning I was getting fat.

Coming from a big body builder guy... it meant a lot to me and fuels the fire to keep trucking along.

Legs tomorrow...gotta go do my on line journal now.

Train hard and think BIG ! !

Thanks Skip. This has been an awesome 5 weeks.
    Member of the Global Bodybuilding Organization

2015/2016 National Qualifier Mens Physique
    Contest Prep Coach -- Dr. J. Parker Posing Coach -- Jen Cook, NPC Judge/IFBB Pro
    Training Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155564773

Real science > Bro science

Originally Posted by GibTech View Post
    Rehab going well I think. I can now reach up my back ALMOST the same height with my right arm as my left. And not to offend or be to brash but I can wipe my own butt without pain now.....lol! It was that bad!

I haven't been participating in the points race for a couple of weeks due to feeling sorry for myself etc but I've decided I can still win the Transformation contest so I'm back in! I hope you all bring your A Games because this Banged up, Injured, Crippled, Damaged Warrior is going to kick your butts!!!

I have a messed up Rotator Cuff, pain in ligaments in both knees, messed up wrists, and a bad lower back. How are you going to feel when I beat you?

Lets do this everyone.....No excuses!!!! Good luck to all!!
    Keep on keepin' on, my brother!

Before you know it, this will all be past you.

Originally Posted by ScottRoland View Post
    I got a compliment today that I have never had before and I wanted to share it with my fellow Mass Machine buds.

A guy that works out at the same gym... pretty big body builder... has been out of town for 5 weeks working...he comes in today and says "Dude...you're getting big!"

Coming from a big body builder guy... it meant a lot to me and fuels the fire to keep trucking along.

It feels great when your hard work is recognized by someone who is knowledgeable and experienced, doesn't it?

Tran Hard. Think Big.
    Last edited by skiplacour; 02-22-2012 at 02:15 PM.

Thumbs up thats awesome!

Originally Posted by ScottRoland View Post

That's awesome Scott,keep up the good work buddy!

henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up Mass Machine Nutrition Hits Gold's Gym Winchester

Video #3 - Last one - just to show the variety of visitors to "the booth"

Hey Gymrat992 thanks for the support!

Click here to order

I just had to say I love your attitude! You are a great role model and inspiration for everyone, keep up the great work.

Gymrat992

Thumbs up Love it!

Video #3 - Last one - just to show the variety of visitors to "the booth"

Wow,henderjb is relentless! Awesome job, way to raise the bar for all of us. Skip, you might have to hire her as your CEO of mass machine nutrition.
    Last edited by gymrat992; 02-22-2012 at 03:17 PM.

Wow,henderjb is relentless! Awesome job, way to raise the bar for all of us. Skip, you might have to hire her as your CEO of mass machine nutrition.
    I know! She's even raising the bar for me! LOL

Assignment #7 - Mass Machine Bulking and Cutting Program Challenge - Video #47

In this video, Skip La Cour outlines Assignment #7 of the Mass Machine Bulking and Cutting Program Challenge. This week, you'll put the specifics of your diet on a spreadsheet.

Click here to order

Skip -
    So I waited all day to watch this video because I knew I wanted to give it its deserved time to fully soak it in. Good thing I did wait, it took me about 2 hours to watch the whole video? Why? Because I took notes in my journal & had to keep rewinding again & again to pick up on my favorite parts.

Why did I take notes? Because those are very good questions that I need to answer for myself & I intend to do that.

So many favorite parts to your video response - amazing how I thought my standards were defined & now they seem so vague until I get those questions answered. Competition goals - wow - it is amazing just thinking of how I will train different & behave different with the thought in my mind that I will win my pro card this year verses my prior thinking. I am adopting that right away.

I love "If I Think It I must Do it"! (as long as I keep that in the context of the gym - ha!ha!)

Take out "IF" & replace it with "WHEN" - DONE!

Your thanks to me also went into my journal. really, thanks for the thanks!

I love it that you say your dream life is just beginning! That's awesome - can't wait to see where it takes you!

P.S. - I'll keep my eye out for the invite to the Mass Machine booth

johnplante2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnplante2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnplante2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnplante2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnplante2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnplante2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnplante2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnplante2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnplante2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnplante2 is on a distinguished road. (+10) johnplante2 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Great information in the video skip!

Hey mass machines, if you don't have skip's packing on muscle dvd's yet, its a must buy. If your serious about working out and training buy the DVDs now. I'm not just saying that to kiss skip's ass, I'm being totally honest! I have the DVDs and watch them all the time. Every time I watch the DVDs I feel I learn something new. Its without a doubt the best training video out there. You will not only learn so much information about training, cardio and nutrition it will help motivate you to get to the next level!
    Steve

I ordered my copy over the weekend, can't wait to watch it. Hope it arrives soon!

Originally Posted by johnplante2 View Post
    I ordered my copy over the weekend, can't wait to watch it. Hope it arrives soon!
    You will love it. It's awesome, so much info on there. Usually takes five mail days to make it to the east coast from California.

Thumbs up If I Think It I Must Do It!

Didn't plan on doing a video again so soon, but looked at my workout last night for today & guess what - today was the day for DB Squat thrusts in my routine again & I told myself the last time I did these (4 weeks ago) that the next time they came up in my routine I would video - If I think it I must do it.

Then, thought the 100# DB were in order - if I think it I must do it

Self critique - I need to keep my back more arched & sink my hips down lower. Another reason to video - it helps you see where you need to improve.

Skip - if any critiques or thougths come to your mind, as always your comments are welcome & appreciated

Click here to order

Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    OH YEAH!!

Got me a shipment of MM250, and MM25 coming in today. Can't wait!!

I AM A MASS MACHINE!!
    TRAINING HARD, & THINKING BIG!!

Click here to order
    Join "Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Bodybuilding" BULKING AND CUTTING PROGRAM CHALLENGE!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b5T75Ci8Zw

"Whatever the mind can conceive, can always be achieved!"

"Visualization is the seed, that sprouts success"

http://www.********.com/Tucks71?ref=tn_tnmn#!/Tucks71

http://twitter.com/#!/Lex29us

Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Very challenging indeed. I've never seen this movement before. Way to work JB.

YOU ARE A MASS MACHINE!!

Click here to order
    Join "Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Bodybuilding" BULKING AND CUTTING PROGRAM CHALLENGE!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b5T75Ci8Zw

"Whatever the mind can conceive, can always be achieved!"

"Visualization is the seed, that sprouts success"

http://www.********.com/Tucks71?ref=tn_tnmn#!/Tucks71

http://twitter.com/#!/Lex29us

Didn't plan on doing a video again so soon, but looked at my workout last night for today & guess what - today was the day for DB Squat thrusts in my routine again & I told myself the last time I did these (4 weeks ago) that the next time they came up in my routine I would video - If I think it I must do it.

Then, thought the 100# DB were in order - if I think it I must do it

Self critique - I need to keep my back more arched & sink my hips down lower. Another reason to video - it helps you see where you need to improve.

Skip - if any critiques or thougths come to your mind, as always your comments are welcome & appreciated

Click here to order
    I love the intensity! That's quite a bit of weight there, young lady.

Yes, you are correct. Shooting video of your training is a great way to learn. You don't always "feel" what you are acutally doing.

That's a great lesson that you shared with all of the MASS MACHINES.

That exercise is almost a DB DEADLIFT thrust too--as well as a DB Squat thrust.

I think are correct in your own assessment. You need to keep you back arched to relieved all of that tension on your lower back and put it on your legs.

What will help is concentrating on:

1. Keeping your eyes up--because your body will follow.

2. Keep your chin up.

3. Get your shoulders back earlier in the movement.

4. And, as you mentioned, keep that lower back arched throughout the ENTIRE movement--not just when you are moving the weight upward. I call in a "Ballerina Back."

Great job!

Train Hard. Think Big.

Originally Posted by Lex29us View Post
    OH YEAH!!

Got me a shipment of MM250, and MM25 coming in today. Can't wait!!

I AM A MASS MACHINE!!

Click here to order
    A sincere "Thanks" for the support, my man!

“Nice guys don’t finish last. Pleasers do.”

--Christopher V. Flett

#IAmAMassMachine!

mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Awesome answer to my question Skip, you definately gave me something to think about.

MASS MACHINES check out my updated journal;
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...1417101&page=6
    I AM A MASS MACHINE

TRAIN HARD, THINK BIG!!

I am a MASS MACHINE! talalelh15's Avatar
    talalelh15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) talalelh15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) talalelh15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) talalelh15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) talalelh15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) talalelh15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) talalelh15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) talalelh15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) talalelh15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) talalelh15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) talalelh15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Heey skip,

Is it usefull for me to buy your packing on muscle dvd. Because you probably using max ot program in there and i have lower back issues. I can train heavy but certain exercices like deadlift, t bar row, barbel row i just can do. Is it useful for me to buy it? Or would you then switch up some exercises to make it usefull?

Bones98 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bones98 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bones98 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bones98 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bones98 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bones98 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bones98 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bones98 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bones98 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bones98 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Bones98 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by talalelh15 View Post
    Heey skip,

Is it usefull for me to buy your packing on muscle dvd. Because you probably using max ot program in there and i have lower back issues. I can train heavy but certain exercices like deadlift, t bar row, barbel row i just can do. Is it useful for me to buy it? Or would you then switch up some exercises to make it usefull?
    you really don't necessary have to follow the Max OT program to the T and there are ways of working around injuries.

For lower back issues, I'd suggest doing weighted pull ups, lat pulldowns, and pull overs for lats.

For legs, I'd suggest leg press, safety bar squats, and maybe investing in a Leg Blaster. People with back problems have reported that using the leg blaster has helped them to take stress away from their lower back and being able to effectively isolate the quads.

Closed Thread
Page 159 of 364 FirstFirst ... 59 109 149 157 158 159 160 161 169 209 259 ... LastLast