Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    XAVI3R is on a distinguished road. (+10) XAVI3R is on a distinguished road. (+10) XAVI3R is on a distinguished road. (+10) XAVI3R is on a distinguished road. (+10) XAVI3R is on a distinguished road. (+10) XAVI3R is on a distinguished road. (+10) XAVI3R is on a distinguished road. (+10) XAVI3R is on a distinguished road. (+10) XAVI3R is on a distinguished road. (+10) XAVI3R is on a distinguished road. (+10) XAVI3R is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Interesting thread, most of the people ( guys and girls) are pretty cool at my gym. Most mind their own. The only person at my gym that annoys me is actually this one girl. She and her guy friend work out at the gym we go to usually around the same time as us every day. This girl looks to be about 5"5 skinny fat at 135 lbs and the guy is jacked at about 6"2 and maybe 245lbs and she spots him squatting 450lbs I don't know wtf is running through his head having her spot or her head for that matter by accepting the responsability of spotting this guy. I'm pretty new at this gym so I don't really want I be in there business and possibly have them start **** against me ( as most people would cause most are pricks) so I haven't said anything. I go to the gym I do my work out say hi to the reg's, it's peaceful, don't want to **** that up. I mind my own.. But kinda funny to watch.
    *** Canadian Crew ***

justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) justanothagirl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Agreed! I went to do squats yesterday some old man went on the machine (that nobody EVER uses, I don't even know what it's for) that has the perfect view of me right after I started. I had to stop squatting because I felt so uncomfortable because of that. Can't focus on squatting when an old man is staring/perving at a 1 meter distance right next to me. When he had left someone else had already taken the squat rack. FML. Needless to say my workout yesterday sucked, going to try and make up for it and do some deadlifts along with my upper body routine today.

The Italian Scallion BrotherWolf's Avatar
    BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by justanothagirl View Post
    Agreed! I went to do squats yesterday some old man went on the machine (that nobody EVER uses, I don't even know what it's for) that has the perfect view of me right after I started. I had to stop squatting because I felt so uncomfortable because of that. Can't focus on squatting when an old man is staring/perving at a 1 meter distance right next to me. When he had left someone else had already taken the squat rack. FML. Needless to say my workout yesterday sucked, going to try and make up for it and do some deadlifts along with my upper body routine today.
    You could have just told me it was bothering you gee...
    who says love has to be soft and gentle ?

grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BrotherWolf View Post
    You could have just told me it was bothering you gee...
    You would think in 4 years men could figure out how to be less annoying.

Threads from 2008...

The Italian Scallion BrotherWolf's Avatar
    BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by grace_ou View Post
    You would think in 4 years men could figure out how to be less annoying.

Threads from 2008...
    Yeah strong resurrection
    who says love has to be soft and gentle ?

Sathane is a name known to all. (+5000) Sathane is a name known to all. (+5000) Sathane is a name known to all. (+5000) Sathane is a name known to all. (+5000) Sathane is a name known to all. (+5000) Sathane is a name known to all. (+5000) Sathane is a name known to all. (+5000) Sathane is a name known to all. (+5000) Sathane is a name known to all. (+5000) Sathane is a name known to all. (+5000) Sathane is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Lol. Putting your feet together while sitting on a ball DOES engage the core muscles more. Just because the person giving advice has external genitals does not mean they are hitting on you. Time to get over yourself. If I see someone doing something that could potentially hurt them, regardless of gender, I'll let them know.

And men do give men pointers in the gym. I just tend to listen to them objectively. If their advice improves my form, I thank them.
    ***Canadian Crew***
    ***WetBreasts Is Gonna Make It Crew***

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Sathane View Post
    If I see someone doing something that could potentially hurt them, regardless of gender, I'll let them know.
    Unless they are doing the movement with atrocious form (heavy deadlifting with lots of low back rounding or benching without a spotter and using a 3" RoM), you should mind your own business. Why give advice to someone when they never asked you for it?

melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50) melodyjayne will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ginarochelle View Post
    Agreed! Haha...this is an interesting topic. I once had an older man come up to me while I was doing squats and ask me if I knew what a Kegel exercise is! I was mortified. He proceeded to tell me that i should be doing them with all my squatting/lunging exercises. I was so uncomfortable I stopped doing my workout. I have never heard of using kegels during squats, but even IF that is proper technique....I didn't sign up to hear about it! I still see him in the gym. I avoid him at all costs. Sucks that some people don't have a clue about proper gym etiquette.
    what a freak LOL...4 years on...
    Last edited by melodyjayne; 11-09-2012 at 04:40 AM.
    Cheers,
    Mel x

-Just because it burns, it doesn't mean your gonna die- (Pink)

My journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149651933

Sathane is a name known to all. (+5000) Sathane is a name known to all. (+5000) Sathane is a name known to all. (+5000) Sathane is a name known to all. (+5000) Sathane is a name known to all. (+5000) Sathane is a name known to all. (+5000) Sathane is a name known to all. (+5000) Sathane is a name known to all. (+5000) Sathane is a name known to all. (+5000) Sathane is a name known to all. (+5000) Sathane is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by -Lucifer View Post
    Unless they are doing the movement with atrocious form (heavy deadlifting with lots of low back rounding or benching without a spotter and using a 3" RoM), you should mind your own business. Why give advice to someone when they never asked you for it?
    This is what I'm talking about. I'm not giving them advice on what I think they should be doing for better gains. I'm letting them know when what they might be doing might result in an ambulance ride.
    ***Canadian Crew***
    ***WetBreasts Is Gonna Make It Crew***

Registered User cheerleader0720's Avatar
    cheerleader0720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheerleader0720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheerleader0720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheerleader0720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheerleader0720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheerleader0720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheerleader0720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheerleader0720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheerleader0720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheerleader0720 will become famous soon enough. (+50) cheerleader0720 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    To me, it all depends on the approach. If a guy approaches me with a "I know more than you because I'm a man" kind of attitude, I ignore him and do my thing--especially if he really isn't that fit, anyway (it's usually scrawny guys that do this to me, for some reason.) If a guy approaches me with a "I see you're working on your biceps--this worked well for me" then I'm usually ok with it.

grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grace_ou has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Oh lord... NEVER EVER give unsolicited advice in the gym for any reason. It's never appreciated, it's like a cardinal sin. Everyone hates that person. It's like bringing a Sunday school teacher to a gang bang.

It's just SO annoying!

Chelsea954 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chelsea954 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chelsea954 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chelsea954 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chelsea954 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chelsea954 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chelsea954 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chelsea954 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chelsea954 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chelsea954 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Chelsea954 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I put headphones in to ignore to ignore comments....half the time im not even listening to music OP it's great and it works!
    #####HASHTAGCREW

wozzey will become famous soon enough. (+50) wozzey will become famous soon enough. (+50) wozzey will become famous soon enough. (+50) wozzey will become famous soon enough. (+50) wozzey will become famous soon enough. (+50) wozzey will become famous soon enough. (+50) wozzey will become famous soon enough. (+50) wozzey will become famous soon enough. (+50) wozzey will become famous soon enough. (+50) wozzey will become famous soon enough. (+50) wozzey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by martina92685 View Post
    I am all about correcting someone if they have horrible technique, but sometimes men annoy me beyond belief!

No, I don't want you to talk to me mid-set about how I could modify my arm placement to improve my chest fly, or how if I put my feet together while seated on a ball that I will use more of my core to stabilize myself.

I find that to be SO annoying! I am minding my own business, I have a routine, and a man jumping in after staring at me in the mirror pisses me off.

Women leave women alone in the gym, men leave men alone, women leave men alone, but men bother women! Not ALL females are in the gym for attention.

Odds are, if I am wearing a bandana, my shirt is soaked with sweat, and my face is make-up free, I probably have NO interest in going to the gym to hook-up.

Ugh.

Sorry guys, but I can't stand when guys try to give me personal training sessions and I didn't ASK for it!
    Your 6'2" 275. Not to be mean but I don't think anyone was staring at you for the wrong reasons. Most guys in gyms try to help people that don't look like they know what they are doing. They were probably trying to be nice and help you out. No need to rant about or get angry. If it really bothers you tell them to back off and I'm sure they will. Bodybuilders and people at gyms are generally nice people. Try stepping in their shoes and thinking like them, they see someone doing something wrong or that they could be more affective doing something different so they watch what you are doing (yes they probably stared at your rear end and back if you were squatting to watch form, or looking at your chest while you are doing fly's. How else would they see if you are doing it right. You don't watch someones face to see if their legs are working properly.) My main point is lay off, most guys are their to workout and help, not to pick up chicks. And if you have a problem with it tell them and be nice about it and I am sure they will leave you to go do your thing. Though don't get me wrong every now and then there are guys who do stare for the wrong reason and to pick up girls, but they usually don't last long because guys can sense that instantly.

But good luck with whatever you do, I just thought you should hear it from a guys perspective.
    Everyone is capable of true greatness, it's having the will to do something about it that people lack. - Matt.

Originally Posted by wozzey View Post
    Your 6'2" 275. Not to be mean but I don't think anyone was staring at you for the wrong reasons. Most guys in gyms try to help people that don't look like they know what they are doing. They were probably trying to be nice and help you out. No need to rant about or get angry. If it really bothers you tell them to back off and I'm sure they will. Bodybuilders and people at gyms are generally nice people. Try stepping in their shoes and thinking like them, they see someone doing something wrong or that they could be more affective doing something different so they watch what you are doing (yes they probably stared at your rear end and back if you were squatting to watch form, or looking at your chest while you are doing fly's. How else would they see if you are doing it right. You don't watch someones face to see if their legs are working properly.) My main point is lay off, most guys are their to workout and help, not to pick up chicks. And if you have a problem with it tell them and be nice about it and I am sure they will leave you to go do your thing. Though don't get me wrong every now and then there are guys who do stare for the wrong reason and to pick up girls, but they usually don't last long because guys can sense that instantly.

But good luck with whatever you do, I just thought you should hear it from a guys perspective.
    You know if OP hasn't gotten over this in FOUR years, she never will. LOL

wozzey will become famous soon enough. (+50) wozzey will become famous soon enough. (+50) wozzey will become famous soon enough. (+50) wozzey will become famous soon enough. (+50) wozzey will become famous soon enough. (+50) wozzey will become famous soon enough. (+50) wozzey will become famous soon enough. (+50) wozzey will become famous soon enough. (+50) wozzey will become famous soon enough. (+50) wozzey will become famous soon enough. (+50) wozzey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by grace_ou View Post
    You know if OP hasn't gotten over this in FOUR years, she never will. LOL
    Yeah I didn't even look at that thread date till later, feel pretty stupid now lol.
    Everyone is capable of true greatness, it's having the will to do something about it that people lack. - Matt.

minadesu has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) minadesu has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) minadesu has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) minadesu has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) minadesu has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) minadesu has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) minadesu has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) minadesu has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) minadesu has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) minadesu has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) minadesu has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    This is why I love being asian. I just look at them with a blank stare like I don't speak english. Works every time.

IrishKosmo is just really nice. (+1000) IrishKosmo is just really nice. (+1000) IrishKosmo is just really nice. (+1000) IrishKosmo is just really nice. (+1000) IrishKosmo is just really nice. (+1000) IrishKosmo is just really nice. (+1000) IrishKosmo is just really nice. (+1000) IrishKosmo is just really nice. (+1000) IrishKosmo is just really nice. (+1000) IrishKosmo is just really nice. (+1000) IrishKosmo is just really nice. (+1000)
    Ok, so I know most people say "no advice" is good advice... but if you see a girl doing something that could seriously cause some damage... how would you ladies recommend someone helping without coming across that you want to get into her sports bra?
    You can only reach your goals of tomorrow by taking the first steps today....

Squats 305x5
    Deadlift 380x5
    Bench 195x5

firely will become famous soon enough. (+50) firely will become famous soon enough. (+50) firely will become famous soon enough. (+50) firely will become famous soon enough. (+50) firely will become famous soon enough. (+50) firely will become famous soon enough. (+50) firely will become famous soon enough. (+50) firely will become famous soon enough. (+50) firely will become famous soon enough. (+50) firely will become famous soon enough. (+50) firely will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by IrishKosmo View Post
    Ok, so I know most people say "no advice" is good advice... but if you see a girl doing something that could seriously cause some damage... how would you ladies recommend someone helping without coming across that you want to get into her sports bra?
    Smile, be subtle so other people don't hear/stare. Make out like you know from personal experience, (e.g. "my sister was in a lot pain after doing that") shows empathy and more like you're not being pedantic/douchey... I injured myself and would have loved for someone just to point out "if you start out from a locked knee position you're gonna have a bad time".