Jski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question Difference Between Competitions

Can someone explain to me the differences between the professional bodybuilding competitions?

For instance, differences between Mr. Olympia, Mr. Universe, Night Of Champions, Arnold Classic, etc.

Thanks for any help.

TheGame76 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheGame76 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheGame76 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheGame76 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheGame76 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheGame76 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheGame76 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheGame76 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheGame76 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheGame76 is a name known to all. (+5000) TheGame76 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Jski View Post
    Can someone explain to me the differences between the professional bodybuilding competitions?

For instance, differences between Mr. Olympia, Mr. Universe, Night Of Champions, Arnold Classic, etc.

Thanks for any help.

You are going to have to explain that a little better for an answer.
    /\^/\^Misc Colorado Crew^/\^/\

Road back from herniated disc(feb. 10')
    Squat: 465
    Deadlift: 535

********.com/VizionFitness

Registered User WiliamBurkowitz's Avatar
    WiliamBurkowitz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WiliamBurkowitz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WiliamBurkowitz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WiliamBurkowitz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WiliamBurkowitz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WiliamBurkowitz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WiliamBurkowitz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WiliamBurkowitz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WiliamBurkowitz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WiliamBurkowitz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) WiliamBurkowitz has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I think he means what the difference as in, who competes in these comps and why, criteria, prizes, length, location, size etc...

Mr. Olymia and Arnold Expo are different. Why?

(i don't happen to know BTW)
    click clack! salute!

ALLANBETTY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ALLANBETTY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ALLANBETTY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ALLANBETTY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ALLANBETTY has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The Mr Olympia is the most prestigious competition in bodybuilding and is run under the IFBB. To compete in the O, you must place top 3-5 in a O qualifier such as the Iron man, or a Grand Prix show. The Arnold Classic being the 2nd most prestigious competiton, and is one of the few shows that is by invitation only. again run in the IFBB.

The night of champions was always considered the 3rd most prestgious in IFBB, with this show being the one where emerging pro's sought to make a name for themselves, and people who would challenge for the O would compete in (Similar to the New York pro), however Wayne Demilla was the promoter, and owned the rights to it, when he left the IFBB, to form PDI, a new federation, this became PDI's biggest show.

The MR Universe is a NABBA competition, which generally takes place here in the UK. The show starts off with the amateur competition, which is divided in to 4 hight classes (class 4 being shorter class, and 1 being tallest class). The winner of each class will compete in the overall, with the overall winner earning NABBA pro status, and the right to compete in the Pro Universe class, with other Nabba Pro's at the end of the night, for the right to win the Pro Universe Title.

In terms of federations, both NABBA, and PDI allow the athlete compete in any federation, however if you are an IFBB pro, you can only compete in IFBB sanctioned shows.
    Last edited by ALLANBETTY; 04-19-2008 at 11:16 AM.

Jski has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have another question:

How does one go about winning? Does each competitor have to do the "Big 3" and then do some posing? Or are these competitions based on looks alone and not strength?

J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I have another question:

How does one go about winning? Does each competitor have to do the "Big 3" and then do some posing? Or are these competitions based on looks alone and not strength?
    troll or strong unaware?

DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000)
    The arnold and ironman actually judge on who has the best physique on that given night. The olympia just hands the title to the incumbent champ no matter if he is a 100% or a dead carcass carried in on a stretcher.

J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) J_Bo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by DiamondDelts View Post
    The arnold and ironman actually judge on who has the best physique on that given night. The olympia just hands the title to the incumbent champ no matter if he is a 100% or a dead carcass carried in on a stretcher.
    Sometimes I wish DD would be sarcastic and funny. This all business all the time attitude is getting old

DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000) DiamondDelts is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by J_Bo View Post
    Sometimes I wish DD would be sarcastic and funny. This all business all the time attitude is getting old
    I try big man...........................I try.

No Pain .. No Gain! gladiator_75's Avatar
    gladiator_75 is just really nice. (+1000) gladiator_75 is just really nice. (+1000) gladiator_75 is just really nice. (+1000) gladiator_75 is just really nice. (+1000) gladiator_75 is just really nice. (+1000) gladiator_75 is just really nice. (+1000) gladiator_75 is just really nice. (+1000) gladiator_75 is just really nice. (+1000) gladiator_75 is just really nice. (+1000) gladiator_75 is just really nice. (+1000) gladiator_75 is just really nice. (+1000)

Thanks for any help.

Night Of Champions!! This name was changed man .. it's now called NY PRO.

At your age the only thing you should be thinking about is the difference between the vagina and the ****!!

But I will be nice ..

Mr. Olympia :
    ------------

Mr. Olympia is an international bodybuilding competition which is held annually by the International Federation of BodyBuilders (IFBB). Winning is considered to be the highest accolade in the professional bodybuilding field. The competition was created by Joe Weider to allow the Mr. Universe winners to continue competing and to earn money. The first Mr. Olympia was held on September 18, 1965 at the Brooklyn Academy of Music, New York City, with Larry Scott winning his first of two straight titles.

The record number of wins is eight, held by Lee Haney (1984?1991) and Ronnie Coleman (1998?2005).

Jay Cutler currently holds the title of Mr. Olympia after consecutive wins in 2006 and 2007.

The film Pumping Iron (1977), featured the build up to the 1975 Mr. Olympia, in Pretoria South Africa and helped launch the acting careers of Arnold Schwarzenegger and Lou Ferrigno, both finalists in the contest.

There is a parallel contest, the Ms. Olympia, for female bodybuilders. In addition, the Fitness Olympia and Figure Olympia are held for fitness and figure competitors, respectively.

Mr. Universe:
    ------------

The Universe Championships are an annual bodybuilding event organised by the National Amateur Bodybuilders Association (NABBA). It has a number of competitions: NABBA Mr. Universe (amateur and professional), Miss Physique, and Miss Figure.

First held in 1948, the contest was initially only for amateur male bodybuilders - but a separate contest for professionals was added in 1952. The NABBA defines amateur as someone who has "never entered and accepted prize money in an advertised professional event". Miss Physique, a women's contest was added in 1966 and Miss Figure was introduced in 1986

Arnold classic:
    -------------

The Arnold Classic is an annual bodybuilding competition, named after Arnold Schwarzenegger, that takes place in late February or early March in Columbus, Ohio, United States. It is considered the most lucrative competition in bodybuilding, with a number of large prizes. Most notably, first prize consists of $130,000 check, a Hummer vehicle, and a Rolex watch. The Arnold Classic rivals the Mr. Olympia in prestige and popularity[citation needed]. Like most bodybuilding competitions it is always hotly contested and often only one or two competition points will separate the winners.

The Arnold Classic includes three competitions for women: Ms. International, Fitness International, and Figure International. It has also been expanded to feature gymnastics, cheerleading, dance, fencing, table tennis, yoga, martial arts, strongman competitions, archery, wrestling, powerlifting and many other sports.

The Arnold Expo is held in the Greater Columbus Convention Center, while finals of the bodybuilding, fitness, figure, and strongman competitions are held in the Franklin County Veterans Memorial Auditorium. Beginning in 2006, events in boxing, martial arts and figure skating were added at Nationwide Arena.

The date for the 2008 event is February 29 - March 2, 2008.

Night of champions (NY Pro):
    ---------------------------

Night of Champions (NOC) is a bodybuilding contest held every year in New York City, USA. It began in 1978 and is considered one of the top professional bodybuilding events, with the top five finalists qualifying for the Mr. Olympia contest.

Originally only a men's contest was held, but in 2003 female bodybuilding, figure, and fitness contests were added. The Night of Champions continued in 2004 with the two bodybuilding competitions, but the fitness and figure contests were cancelled. In 2005, the contest was renamed the New York Pro. Fitness and figure competitions have run under the New York Pro name since 2002, but both have been run as completely separate events on different dates.

Anytime
    Gladiator_75

Setting goals .. breaking them .. then setting new ones!!

"We grow in the kitchen not in the gym!!"

"Sell yourself short on nutrition and you're selling yourself short on maximizing your physique development."

Ernie Taylor
    IFBB Pro

Reps appreciated & will rep back!

KarateChris is just really nice. (+1000) KarateChris is just really nice. (+1000) KarateChris is just really nice. (+1000) KarateChris is just really nice. (+1000) KarateChris is just really nice. (+1000) KarateChris is just really nice. (+1000) KarateChris is just really nice. (+1000) KarateChris is just really nice. (+1000) KarateChris is just really nice. (+1000) KarateChris is just really nice. (+1000) KarateChris is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by J_Bo View Post
    troll or strong unaware?
    You'd be surprised how many people ask me how much I lifted when I competed.. most people think bodybuilding contains some form of lifting at the competitions.

Originally Posted by KarateChris View Post
    You'd be surprised how many people ask me how much I lifted when I competed.. most people think bodybuilding contains some form of lifting at the competitions.
    That is surprising...I guess I just kind of always got the concept so it's hard to imagine not understanding....

I think my mom explained how arnold was a bodybuilder before an actor when I was about 5 years old, though..... (serious)