evanisaac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) evanisaac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) evanisaac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) evanisaac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) evanisaac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) evanisaac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) evanisaac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) evanisaac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) evanisaac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) evanisaac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) evanisaac is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Creatine and Beta Alanine in pre workout? Other ingredients in pre workout?

Ok, so I happen to have a lot of bulk Beta Alanine and bulk Agmatine. I also have bulk creatine. And Ive been sort of experimenting with making my own pre workout from scratch or at least adding either of these to pre existing pwo.

My questions:

1) re: the creatine and Beta Ananine. How much benefit is there from SPECIFICALLY taking these pre workout, as opposed to just making sure you're hitting the 3g or 5g per day you calculate you need of each? (I do use the agmatine as a preworkout, but dont really see why creatine and beta alanine's timing matter).

2) Is there anything else you'd add to make a good preworkout other than JUST what I list above as well as caffeine? Like, most pre workout stuff has a ton of miscellaneous ingredients. Are any of them worth also picking up in bulk to add, or is the real benefit of PWO due only to beta alanine and agmatine and the rest is just to create a "propritory blend" to differentiate one premade form another?

What Ive been doing is taking Neurosurge, which is a "nootropic based" pre workout and has caffeine and adding agmatine, beta alanine, and creatine to it. Is this the best route? Or is there a better product out there that I could use as a "base" to which I add my agmatine, BA, creatine? Or just **** the concept of using a "base" and just drink ONLY caffeine, creatine, beta alanine, and agmatine with like crystal light and dont worry about any other ingredients whatsoever?
    Last edited by evanisaac; 07-17-2013 at 10:36 AM.

You down with D.U.P.? KillerB84's Avatar
    KillerB84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KillerB84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KillerB84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KillerB84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KillerB84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KillerB84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KillerB84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KillerB84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KillerB84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KillerB84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) KillerB84 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    1) No benefit from taking Creatine and BA pre-workout. Both work through saturation.

2) Other than caffeine, which you already mentioned, I would add Citrulline Malate at around 8g.
    DUP Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168458133

1530 Raw No Wraps (515/415/600) 12/06/2015
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_eEtGaB3nU

450 Raw Bench Press 03/12/2016
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3IFMC4cNzA

AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by evanisaac View Post
    Ok, so I happen to have a lot of bulk Beta Alanine and bulk Agmatine. I also have bulk creatine. And Ive been sort of experimenting with making my own pre workout from scratch or at least adding either of these to pre existing pwo.

My questions:

1) re: the creatine and Beta Ananine. How much benefit is there from SPECIFICALLY taking these pre workout, as opposed to just making sure you're hitting the 3g or 5g per day you calculate you need of each? (I do use the agmatine as a preworkout, but dont really see why creatine and beta alanine's timing matter).

2) Is there anything else you'd add to make a good preworkout other than JUST what I list above as well as caffeine? Like, most pre workout stuff has a ton of miscellaneous ingredients. Are any of them worth also picking up in bulk to add, or is the real benefit of PWO due only to beta alanine and agmatine and the rest is just to create a "propritory blend" to differentiate one premade form another?

What Ive been doing is taking Neurosurge, which is a "nootropic based" pre workout and has caffeine and adding agmatine, beta alanine, and creatine to it. Is this the best route? Or is there a better product out there that I could use as a "base" to which I add my agmatine, BA, creatine? Or just **** the concept of using a "base" and just drink ONLY caffeine, creatine, beta alanine, and agmatine with like crystal light and dont worry about any other ingredients whatsoever?
    Creatine timing is irrelevant, not personally sure about beta-alanine. But i've actually been doing the same thing almost I use neurosurge and add beta-alanine and my daily creatine to it.

AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AMeyer9 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by KillerB84 View Post
    1) No benefit from taking Creatine and BA pre-workout. Both work through saturation.

2) Other than caffeine, which you already mentioned, I would add Citrulline Malate at around 8g.
    I was gonna say cit mal too but 8g is eh. Anywhere from 2-10g really. Depends on your personal needs. And if it's Cit mal 1:1, 2:1, etc.