BYURS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BYURS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BYURS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BYURS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BYURS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BYURS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BYURS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BYURS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BYURS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BYURS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BYURS is on a distinguished road. (+10)

What angle is best for incline and decline bench press

What angle for incline and decline bench is best for maximum muscle growth?
    Allow me to go on
    ...BeAsT MoDe...

GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The angle at which YOU feel it works your chest best. I prefer a (roughly) 30-degree angle incline or decline; anything higher or lower just jacks the hell out of my shoulders. Other guys swear by the traditional 45-degree angle incline press and a fairly steep decline as well. Just try out various angles to see which suits you best.
    "Don't call me Miss Kitty. Just...don't."--Catnip. Check out the Catnip Trilogy on Amazon.com

"Chivalry isn't dead. It just wears a skirt."--Twisted, the YA gender bender deal of the century!

Check out my links to Mr. Taxi, Star Maps, and other fine YA Action/Romance novels at http://www.amazon.com/J.S.-Frankel/e/B004XUUTB8/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1

BYURS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BYURS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BYURS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BYURS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BYURS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BYURS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BYURS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BYURS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BYURS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BYURS is on a distinguished road. (+10) BYURS is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by GuyJin View Post
    The angle at which YOU feel it works your chest best. I prefer a (roughly) 30-degree angle incline or decline; anything higher or lower just jacks the hell out of my shoulders. Other guys swear by the traditional 45-degree angle incline press and a fairly steep decline as well. Just try out various angles to see which suits you best.
    Alright, sounds like a plan.
    Allow me to go on
    ...BeAsT MoDe...

bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) bigtallox is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by BYURS View Post
    You don't need really *need* either incline or decline for maximum muscle growth, flat bench is enough, at least it is for me. I've found whats more important is that you've got your form good enough so you can add weight to the bar without getting hurt and constantly push your limits.
    Qualifying for long drive contest with 328 yard drive
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKrGuFlqhaA

2017 Utah State Longest drive. This one went 328 and got me into finals
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lx-_3HrZzI4

2017 Rockwell challenge. 325 yards
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VeuB2rPMcBA

kitarpyar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kitarpyar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kitarpyar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kitarpyar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kitarpyar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kitarpyar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kitarpyar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kitarpyar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kitarpyar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kitarpyar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) kitarpyar is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by GuyJin View Post
    ^^^ This.

Strength Enthusiast Retardo-pex's Avatar
    Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000)
    36.572 degrees has been proven by nasa to be the optimal angle when doing inclines. Since you wont find a bench that can do this get into metal fab or just use one or all of the 3 to5 settings most benches will have

BradKemp is a name known to all. (+5000) BradKemp is a name known to all. (+5000) BradKemp is a name known to all. (+5000) BradKemp is a name known to all. (+5000) BradKemp is a name known to all. (+5000) BradKemp is a name known to all. (+5000) BradKemp is a name known to all. (+5000) BradKemp is a name known to all. (+5000) BradKemp is a name known to all. (+5000) BradKemp is a name known to all. (+5000) BradKemp is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by BYURS View Post
    Dips.

CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CookAndrewB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I always preferred higher angles on declines (more dip/like) and lower angles on inclines (barely more elevated than a flat bench). I don't know if it is "optimum" but I don't worry about optimum too much these days.
    GoRuck Challenge Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150446113

"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little." -Edmund Burke

"Because your own strength is unequal to the task, do not assume that it is beyond the powers of man; but if anything is within the powers and province of man, believe that it is within your own compass also." -Marcus Aurelius

Originally Posted by BradKemp View Post
    Dips.
    dips for upper or lower pecs?
    Allow me to go on
    ...BeAsT MoDe...