Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Registered User DMBsAmricanBaby's Avatar
    DMBsAmricanBaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DMBsAmricanBaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DMBsAmricanBaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DMBsAmricanBaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DMBsAmricanBaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DMBsAmricanBaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DMBsAmricanBaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DMBsAmricanBaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DMBsAmricanBaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DMBsAmricanBaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DMBsAmricanBaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Question Under The Belly Button FAT

There seems to be fat in the area underneath my belly button and it wont go away no matter how much cardio I do, I've heard this is common for girls because we're supposed to have fat there for when we get pregnant. Will this not go away unless I'm 8% body fat?
    "Obsessed is the word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.

**Outdo Yesterday!**

A∑∑ - The Squat Booty Sorority

Although it's hard to get back to everyone, I love you all, you're my motivation! <3<3 Thank you! <3<3

HI MISC! RED'S MY FAVORITE COLOR! :D

OnTheRoad is on a distinguished road. (+10) OnTheRoad is on a distinguished road. (+10) OnTheRoad is on a distinguished road. (+10) OnTheRoad is on a distinguished road. (+10) OnTheRoad is on a distinguished road. (+10) OnTheRoad is on a distinguished road. (+10) OnTheRoad is on a distinguished road. (+10) OnTheRoad is on a distinguished road. (+10) OnTheRoad is on a distinguished road. (+10) OnTheRoad is on a distinguished road. (+10) OnTheRoad is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have the same issue but I have had 2 kids! No matter how lean the rest of my stomach is there still is stubborn fat under my belly button. It is slowly going but I am wondering how thin my top half will have to be before this goes!!
    Natural Figure Champion

Sponsored by

www.assassinnutrition.com.au

www.activewearonline.com.au

www.pke.com.au

mandi.c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mandi.c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mandi.c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mandi.c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mandi.c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mandi.c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mandi.c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mandi.c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mandi.c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mandi.c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mandi.c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    i thought this was because id had a c-section, has anyone else had this problem

MauiZos is on a distinguished road. (+10) MauiZos is on a distinguished road. (+10) MauiZos is on a distinguished road. (+10) MauiZos is on a distinguished road. (+10) MauiZos is on a distinguished road. (+10) MauiZos is on a distinguished road. (+10) MauiZos is on a distinguished road. (+10) MauiZos is on a distinguished road. (+10) MauiZos is on a distinguished road. (+10) MauiZos is on a distinguished road. (+10) MauiZos is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    It's probably just genetic. We're all programed to store fat in different places. I have a pretty lean middle, but I have some fat on my triceps and hamstrings that does not seem to want to get lost no matter how lean I am!

On the other hand, the stress hormone cortisol causes your to preferentially store fat in your midsection. Are you busy and stressed out? Do you sleep enough? Do you worry a lot? Those could all be contributing factors...
    There is no such thing as good or bad, only thinking makes it so

Your outlook on life is a direct reflection of how much you like yourself

The biggest burden is a great potential

Just doin' my thing... BuffedWildCat's Avatar
    BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by mandi.c View Post
    i thought this was because id had a c-section, has anyone else had this problem
    I would say it has nothing to do with a C-section but rather what MauiZos said cause I also had a C-section and I finally got rid of the squishy below my belly button or in other words the area below my belly button is finally back to what it was pre-pregnancy.

DMBsAmricanBaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DMBsAmricanBaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DMBsAmricanBaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DMBsAmricanBaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DMBsAmricanBaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DMBsAmricanBaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DMBsAmricanBaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DMBsAmricanBaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DMBsAmricanBaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DMBsAmricanBaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500) DMBsAmricanBaby is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I never had this before, I noticed it about a year ago

**Outdo Yesterday!**

Although it's hard to get back to everyone, I love you all, you're my motivation! <3<3 Thank you! <3<3

peace! it has been fun :) Jordyn's Avatar
    Jordyn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jordyn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jordyn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jordyn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jordyn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jordyn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jordyn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jordyn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jordyn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jordyn has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Jordyn has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    i have that belly fat too and i hate it. even when i was 100 lbs i still had it.

cortisol causes storage of belly fat?! OH NO! im constantly stressed out.

mandi.c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mandi.c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mandi.c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mandi.c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mandi.c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mandi.c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mandi.c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mandi.c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mandi.c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mandi.c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mandi.c is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by BuffedWildCat View Post
    I would say it has nothing to do with a C-section but rather what MauiZos said cause I also had a C-section and I finally got rid of the squishy below my belly button or in other words the area below my belly button is finally back to what it was pre-pregnancy.
    your probably right just got to keep at it thanx

perfectanjail has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) perfectanjail has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) perfectanjail has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) perfectanjail has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) perfectanjail has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) perfectanjail has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Afer I was prego (csection) I had this area under my belly that was definitely a lot "fattier" than the rest of my abdomen. It also kind of hung there, very nasty. I started my precomp prep 3months after I gave birth, it started going away when I hit around....23-25% bf (8% bf!!! do you know what that looks like on a female?). I did as little cardio as possible. (cardio is hardly the answer to all "im fat" problems like most women tend to believe) DIET!!!! Check your diet my friend...yes, I did have to get quite lean for it to go away. I'll have to report back on if it comes back the same when I bulk in the winter.

Just doin' my thing... BuffedWildCat's Avatar
    BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000) BuffedWildCat is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by mandi.c View Post
    your probably right just got to keep at it thanx
    Yep, it just takes a while and depends on how good your diet is, basically what she said:

Originally Posted by perfectanjail View Post
    Afer I was prego (csection) I had this area under my belly that was definitely a lot "fattier" than the rest of my abdomen. It also kind of hung there, very nasty. I started my precomp prep 3months after I gave birth, it started going away when I hit around....23-25% bf (8% bf!!! do you know what that looks like on a female?). I did as little cardio as possible. (cardio is hardly the answer to all "im fat" problems like most women tend to believe) DIET!!!! Check your diet my friend...yes, I did have to get quite lean for it to go away. I'll have to report back on if it comes back the same when I bulk in the winter.
    Same here, DIET + HEAVY WEIGHT TRAINING (minimal cardio, and only cause I absolutely love skating). Check my latest blog entry, I've got specifics in there.

MsBlack has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm not a personal trainer, but a fitness class that I took the instructor said the best exercise to work that area (lower abs) are leg lifts / curls. I have a dip station at home (purchased at Dunham's sporting goods) and I can do pull-ups on it or I can do leg lifts / curls working the lower abs. But, I'm sure that your diet has to be good also.

underrated has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) underrated has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) underrated has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) underrated has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) underrated has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) underrated has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) underrated has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Try drinking a gallon of water a day and eat more fiber. Make sure you eat greens at each meal. You may also think about doing a cleanse/detox to get rid of that area of fat may also want to try xpel on top of all of this as it may just be water
    i fight with demons of doubt.
    with my past failures, with my injuries,
    with that unrelenting voice that tells me to stop, but i am a fighter and one thing will always be certain.
    I will be victorious!

There will be plenty of obstacles in life, don't allow yourself to become one of them.

Thumbs down

this post was from waaaay back and you bumped it just to say it's a hernia? then doubt it?

**Outdo Yesterday!**

Melody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Melody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Melody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Melody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Melody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Melody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Melody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Melody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Melody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Melody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Melody has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Started typing out an answer, then realized this thread is from May...

Looking at your photos, you seem to have figured it out so congrats!

thanks hun

**Outdo Yesterday!**

quela has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quela has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quela has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quela has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quela has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quela has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quela has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quela has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quela has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quela has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) quela has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have the same problem. So what did you do to get rid of the under the belly button fat?

Originally Posted by quela View Post
    I have the same problem. So what did you do to get rid of the under the belly button fat?
    lots and lots of cardio and a very clean diet

**Outdo Yesterday!**

TinaC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TinaC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TinaC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TinaC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TinaC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TinaC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TinaC has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DMBsAmricanBaby View Post
    DMS,
    Off topic...you look awesome BTW. I occasionally look at your pics for motivation. You have the body I am striving for... I too am working on slimming down the "pooch"...its getting there (slowly).. Thanks for the motivation!
    You must think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be.

-David Viscott

TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TurbulentFluid is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    What's "lots and lots"?

Current stats:
    67 kg / 167 cm / 25-27 %bf / 28 yo
    max lifts:
    bb bench press: 7 x 55kg
    lat pulldown: 5 x 60 kg
    squat: 8 x 60 kg

CCCP77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CCCP77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CCCP77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CCCP77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CCCP77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CCCP77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CCCP77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CCCP77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CCCP77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CCCP77 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CCCP77 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by TurbulentFluid View Post
    What's "lots and lots"?
    I am guessing 5 days a week? Plus hitting the lower abs should help out a lot.

Originally Posted by TurbulentFluid View Post
    What's "lots and lots"?
    4 times a week, I do 17-25 min

**Outdo Yesterday!**

King_Marmoset! is on a distinguished road. (+10) King_Marmoset! is on a distinguished road. (+10) King_Marmoset! is on a distinguished road. (+10) King_Marmoset! is on a distinguished road. (+10) King_Marmoset! is on a distinguished road. (+10) King_Marmoset! is on a distinguished road. (+10) King_Marmoset! is on a distinguished road. (+10) King_Marmoset! is on a distinguished road. (+10) King_Marmoset! is on a distinguished road. (+10) King_Marmoset! is on a distinguished road. (+10) King_Marmoset! is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I assume that prior to your lean state, you weren't eating strictly clean and doing that kind of cardio. What was your program like before? How long did it take you to lean out?

ultim8-one will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultim8-one will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultim8-one will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultim8-one will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultim8-one will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultim8-one will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultim8-one will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultim8-one will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultim8-one will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultim8-one will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultim8-one will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    That's "lots and lots" ?? My wife does 45 - 60 minutes 5 or 6 days a week AND lifts 3 days a week and she struggles to lose that stubborn bodyfat. It must be her diet !!

irish0418 will become famous soon enough. (+50) irish0418 will become famous soon enough. (+50) irish0418 will become famous soon enough. (+50) irish0418 will become famous soon enough. (+50) irish0418 will become famous soon enough. (+50) irish0418 will become famous soon enough. (+50) irish0418 will become famous soon enough. (+50) irish0418 will become famous soon enough. (+50) irish0418 will become famous soon enough. (+50) irish0418 will become famous soon enough. (+50) irish0418 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ultim8-one View Post
    That's "lots and lots" ?? My wife does 45 - 60 minutes 5 or 6 days a week AND lifts 3 days a week and she struggles to lose that stubborn bodyfat. It must be her diet !!
    that's my problem too!!! unfortunatly!

and I think my diet is pretty clean! I treat myself but my diet is clean 90% of the day. I don't get it!

Swank0705 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Swank0705 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Swank0705 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Swank0705 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Swank0705 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Swank0705 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Swank0705 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Swank0705 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Swank0705 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Swank0705 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Swank0705 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    "That's "lots and lots" ?? My wife does 45 - 60 minutes 5 or 6 days a week AND lifts 3 days a week and she struggles to lose that stubborn bodyfat. It must be her diet !!"

As far as cardio goes it sometimes benifits fat burning to slow down. You should be breaking a sweat but not out of breath. If your heart rate is too high you wont be burning fat. There are charts for target heart rates based on age and body weight. It varies by chart but they tend to stay in the same general area. On average it takes about 20 min to start burning fat. It wont feel like you are doing much but it works.
    Tough times don't last, tough people do...

staapes57 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) staapes57 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) staapes57 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) staapes57 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) staapes57 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) staapes57 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) staapes57 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) staapes57 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) staapes57 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) staapes57 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) staapes57 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Check it out

what kind of cardio are you doing? I read that as far as actually taking off body fat the best kind is to do interval training. So - rather than going for a 25 minute light jog (say at a 5 or 6 intensity) and let's say you run 3 miles in that time. Try this instead - run at an interval intensity of 9 to 2 so run at a 9 intensity for say a minute, then go at a 2 intensity for the same time and then continue to repeat.

Try giving that a shot, cuz it could help. Plus body fat really comes down to diet regardless of how much cardio you do. Are you getting your essential vitamins and are you limiting your saturated fat intake? When you do your cardio you should do it at either of 2 times - immediately following resistance training or right in the morning when you wake up (because you have an empty stomach and your body will be forced to use the body fat that you do have - though it may be very little - to supply your body with the necessary energy).

What kind of ab movements do you do? I read that they ran a test on how effective certain ab movements are as far as how much you use the muscles and the top three were 1) Bicycle crunches 2) Roman Chair leg/knee raises and 3) Toe touches - laying on your back with your legs vertical in the air. Do you try any of those?

Also (I know it's getting too long) I read that if you do your ab movements before you do your cardio it (i don't know the technical terms for it) loosens up the ab fat and lets it be used for energy much easier. Just a few suggestions...

ohtm27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ohtm27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ohtm27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ohtm27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ohtm27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ohtm27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ohtm27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ohtm27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ohtm27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ohtm27 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ohtm27 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Its diet, again..and again. Reduce your cardio up your protein. I'm a big fan of increased protein and little cardio. Your calories may be too low, protein and carbs ratios. I have seen it over and over again of too little calories, too much cardio= getting no where fast!!

I currently get in around 300g prot, carbs 140-170, fat less than 20g and cals around 2000.
    “Nothing in the world is worth having or worth doing unless it means effort, pain, difficulty… I have never in my life envied a human being who led an easy life. I have envied a great many people who led difficult lives and led them well.”

- Theodore Roosevelt

Alite Tanning & Fitness
    www.alitetanningfitness.com
    CPT-NASM, CES -NASM, USAW Sports Performance Coach, NQ Figure Competitor, NPC Judge

pauline has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question same here

Originally Posted by OnTheRoad View Post
    I have the same issue but I have had 2 kids! No matter how lean the rest of my stomach is there still is stubborn fat under my belly button. It is slowly going but I am wondering how thin my top half will have to be before this goes!!
    and 2 kids too boot...im firm everywhere but right there...ive also had numerous operations and menopause so im hoping thats what it is, not im doing something wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!!!....

but it does feel hard if that makes any sense

pauline

Registered User NastyNateTheGr8's Avatar
    NastyNateTheGr8 is not very well liked. (-100) NastyNateTheGr8 is not very well liked. (-100) NastyNateTheGr8 is not very well liked. (-100) NastyNateTheGr8 is not very well liked. (-100) NastyNateTheGr8 is not very well liked. (-100) NastyNateTheGr8 is not very well liked. (-100) NastyNateTheGr8 is not very well liked. (-100) NastyNateTheGr8 is not very well liked. (-100) NastyNateTheGr8 is not very well liked. (-100) NastyNateTheGr8 is not very well liked. (-100) NastyNateTheGr8 is not very well liked. (-100)
    There seems to be fat in the area underneath my belly button and it wont go away no matter how much cardio I do, I've heard this is common for girls because we're supposed to have fat there for when we get pregnant. Will this not go away unless I'm 8% body fat?
    holy ****, story of my life. I keep thinking that I'm going to get leaner, and the last two abs will appear. no such luck. my abs look mean as **** when I press the skin below the belly button down towards my loins but I let go, and there's the pooch.

ultim8-one will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultim8-one will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultim8-one will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultim8-one will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultim8-one will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultim8-one will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultim8-one will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultim8-one will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultim8-one will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultim8-one will become famous soon enough. (+50) ultim8-one will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by NastyNateTheGr8 View Post
    holy ****, story of my life. I keep thinking that I'm going to get leaner, and the last two abs will appear. no such luck. my abs look mean as **** when I press the skin below the belly button down towards my loins but I let go, and there's the pooch.
    Here we are one year after my last post in this thread ... my wife still does the same 45 - 60 minutes of cardio 4 - 5 times a week ... still lifts 3 times a week (although she is doing some free weights now .. not just the circuit trainning) and she still struggles with her weight and that stubborn belly fat. We are both now on a very low carb diet (less than 100 grams per day) and it is helping. I have lost 4 inches from my waist in 8 weeks .. her ??? not so much ...... but she sure does work hard in the gym !!