Page 276 of 329 FirstFirst ... 176 226 266 274 275 276 277 278 286 326 ... LastLast
Results 8,251 to 8,280 of 9867
    Smolovian apprentice mharrislove's Avatar
    mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by FlaIronMind View Post
    Happy New Year brother. Great start, which comes as no surprise my friend. Well done.
    Absolutely.

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    And I agree; there are times when just meeting previous numbers is a very good thing. Yesterday was one of those times for me.
    The cold, hard, truth right here.

A fresh start, Jim. Fifty two weeks of opportunitites to improve.
    Saving this quote for later use; carry on...
    "First train the mind, then the body."

Made from all-natural products since 1968...no gear, no HRT, no prohormones.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by VoxExMachina View Post
    You have haters?

Who woulda thunk it.
    LOL. I don't think anybody with 45,000+ posts could have not rustled at least a few jimmies around here!

Some posters don't like my "direct" way of replying to them; sometimes it's taken as rudeness, I guess. Some don't like to have it pointed out that they've been doing things completely wrong for a long time. Some who post here in an attempt to make money don't like it to be pointed out that they're nothing more than scammers. Some posters accuse me of being a 'know-it-all,' despite the fact that I've stated repeatedly, both here and in the open forums, that the more I learn, the more I realize I don't know. Some of the teens think a guy my age shouldn't be giving advice even though they ask for it.

But whatever; I'm just trying to help others avoid all the pitfalls that have caught me over the last 20 years. My original mentor expected me to pass on what he taught me, along with what I've learned on my own, so that's what I try to do. But I'm not perfect.

And then again, it's just the interwebz.

Originally Posted by mharrislove View Post
    Absolutely.

The cold, hard, truth right here.

Saving this quote for later use; carry on...
    Thanks, Mike. Here's to a productive Nerw Year!
    Last edited by ironwill2008; 01-04-2013 at 10:02 AM.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    LOL. I don't think anybody with 45,000+ posts could have not rustled at least a few jimmies around here!

Some posters don't like my "direct" way of replying to them; sometimes it's taken as rudeness, I guess. Some don't like to have it pointed out that they've been doing things completely wrong for a long time. Some who post here in an attempt to make money don't like it to be pointed out that they're nothing more than scammers. Some posters accuse me of being a 'know-it-all,' despite the fact that I've stated repeatedly, both here and in the open forums, that the more I learn, the more I realize I don't know. Some of the teens don't think a guy my age shouldn't be giving advice even though they ask for it.
    Honestly, if you're not making a wave here or there, you're probably not doing it right. You just call it like you see it, and let the chips fall where they may.

I'm not sure I've really ever heard you make a lifting related post that I didn't agree with, or at least recognize was one of those 6-of-one half-dozen-of-the-other type deals.
    ☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.

emp1acur is a name known to all. (+5000) emp1acur is a name known to all. (+5000) emp1acur is a name known to all. (+5000) emp1acur is a name known to all. (+5000) emp1acur is a name known to all. (+5000) emp1acur is a name known to all. (+5000) emp1acur is a name known to all. (+5000) emp1acur is a name known to all. (+5000) emp1acur is a name known to all. (+5000) emp1acur is a name known to all. (+5000) emp1acur is a name known to all. (+5000)
    As I prepare to throw a ground sirloin cheeseburger with your famous dry spice onto the George Foreman for the 2nd day in a row because yesterday's was so good, I wanted to wish you all the best in 2013.

Thanks for the continued excellent reading in your journal - same goes to the others that contribute.

Larry

Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Some posters don't like my "direct" way of replying to them; sometimes it's taken as rudeness, I guess. Some don't like to have it pointed out that they've been doing things completely wrong for a long time.
    A lot of folks just post to try and receive some validation for what they are doing. When the replys don't go the way they wanted, well... that's when the butt hurt begins.

And the infamous phrase "Good luck with your training goals for 2013" is strolled out.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Honestly, if you're not making a wave here or there, you're probably not doing it right. You just call it like you see it, and let the chips fall where they may.
    That's what I always try to do Vox. If I'm going to try to help someone, I don't see any point in wasting my or their time by beating around the bush. It's very rare that I've ever been intentionally rude to someone (not counting trolls or scammers, of course; it's my opinion that they're fair game. In fact, lately, I'm finding it more and more amusing to troll them.).

I'm not sure I've really ever heard you make a lifting related post that I didn't agree with, or at least recognize was one of those 6-of-one half-dozen-of-the-other type deals.
    It's the same with me and your posts. We're both experienced enough to know that the Pareto Principle is in effect, and past the basics, it's mostly a matter of minor details that won't make much difference. Natty guys who have had some success in this sport all train and eat remarkably similarly if you just look a little bit under the surface.

Originally Posted by emp1acur View Post
    As I prepare to throw a ground sirloin cheeseburger with your famous dry spice onto the George Foreman for the 2nd day in a row because yesterday's was so good, I wanted to wish you all the best in 2013.

Thanks for the continued excellent reading in your journal - same goes to the others that contribute.

Larry
    Thanks, for the comments, Larry; they're appreciated. A happy and productive New Year to you too.

I just ate one of those same burgers for lunch.

Originally Posted by Bo_Flecks View Post
    A lot of folks just post to try and receive some validation for what they are doing. When the replys don't go the way they wanted, well... that's when the butt hurt begins.
    QFT. And oddly enough (or maybe not), I see that happen more in the O35 than in most other open forums on this site.

And the infamous phrase "Good luck with your training goals for 2013" is strolled out.
    Lulz. That phrase has garnered me more negs than anything else I've ever posted. But at times, it's the only viable reply.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

Ironwill2008 V2.0

Had a good session today. While again, not much movement upward in the numbers, I gave it all I had, so I'm good with the effort. Today's training was:

Romanian Deadlift
    bar x15 W/U
    135x5 W/U
    225x3
    275x3
    315x3
    365x3 heavy
    405x1 really heavy

Barbell Curl
    bar x10 W/U
    65x5 W/U
    85x3 W/U
    110x5
    110x5
    110x5

110x5 Curl

95x10 backoff set

Smith Machine Flat Press
    95x10 W/U
    135x5
    165x5
    185x5
    205x5
    235x3

235x3 Flat

185x12 backoff set

I was able to work through this session in just over an hour. Romanians were a real job today; when 365x3 felt heavy, I knew I was in for a battle on the top set. I got a good single with a flat back, but was not ready to attempt a double yet. A triple looks like it's a ways off; I'll keep working on it.

Hit my reps-across on Curls again, and added a rep on the backoff set, so I'll micro-load them up a bit next week.

The top set of Flat Presses remained the same, but I managed 2 extra reps on the backoff set, which is a good sign. I'll continue to work to get these to reps-across.

That's it for today. I'll rest up over the weekend with the playoffs , and then get in there on Monday for Smith Fronts, Leg Presses, Chinups, and Seated Presses.

Post-Workout meal was a grilled chicken breast (1/4 pound), some fried green tomatoes (a favorite of ours), and 2 ears (2nd ear still cooking at pic time) of surprisingly good sweet corn. Don't know where it was shipped in here from, but it was pretty good. A glass of milk completed the meal.

No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Great numbers Bill! I was just on my way to post mine from my workout... awesome getting 4PPS on the RDL!

Just curious is that your own home gym you work out in? If so What kind of Rack is that... it looks pretty nice.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #26 ()---()
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #34 ||---||
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #74 []---[]
    ──<//>─<\\>── BWTG Cluster #10 ──<//>─<\\>──

Workout Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150771833

Originally Posted by brucedelaney View Post
    Great numbers Bill! I was just on my way to post mine from my workout... awesome getting 4PPS on the RDL!

Just curious is that your own home gym you work out in? If so What kind of Rack is that... it looks pretty nice.
    Thanks, Bruce. Overall, it was a good day, and capped a good week of training.

Yes, it's my home gym, located on the 1st floor of my house. The power rack, along with everything else (with the exception of the Leg Extension/Curl machine) is Parabody. I've had all of it for about 15 years except for the Smith, which I added about 8 years ago. I've had to pass up good deals on some HammerStrength stuff because I don't have any more floor space for anything else.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    Teh Wheelz are looking hyuuge in that RDL pic, Bill.

GJBM
    ☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.

brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000) brucedelaney is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Thanks, Bruce. Overall, it was a good day, and capped a good week of training.

Yes, it's my home gym, located on the 1st floor of my house. The power rack, along with everything else (with the exception of the Leg Extension/Curl machine) is Parabody. I've had all of it for about 15 years except for the Smith, which I added about 8 years ago. I've had to pass up good deals on some HammerStrength stuff because I don't have any more floor space for anything else.
    Very nice setup, I'm working with just a Tuff Stuff Multi-press rack with spotters, an FID Bench, a 7ft Bar and 570 LBS of York G2 Rubberized Plates.... Wish I had as much room as it appears that you have there lol... I'm working with a 12 x 12 space right now... might get as big as 20x12 once I reclaim a bit moe of the basement.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #26 ()---()
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #34 ||---||
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #74 []---[]
    ──<//>─<\\>── BWTG Cluster #10 ──<//>─<\\>──

Workout Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=150771833

GJBM
    Hey thanks, Vox. Even with almost a years's worth of low-rep, low volume strength work, my legs have maintained, and possibly even gained a bit of size.

I know for sure my hams at least look better since I switched back from conventional Deadlifts to heavy Romanians. That's not really a surprise though, since Romanians have always been good to me. But I found that for me, they have to be really heavy; higher than 6-rep sets just don't do much for me.

Originally Posted by brucedelaney View Post
    Very nice setup, I'm working with just a Tuff Stuff Multi-press rack with spotters, an FID Bench, a 7ft Bar and 570 LBS of York G2 Rubberized Plates.... Wish I had as much room as it appears that you have there lol... I'm working with a 12 x 12 space right now... might get as big as 20x12 once I reclaim a bit moe of the basement.
    It sounds like you've got a good basic setup, a lot more than many home gym trainees. But having enough square footage is always a problem, and no matter how much you've got, it's never quite enough!
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nice way to round out the week: the massive RDLs, the leg pic (as Vox noted), and the curls look really good, too. Anyway, enjoy the weekend - with Washington in the mix, and my wife's beloved Vikings sneaking in the party, it will be a good time for the football fans under our roof, too.

Old Man Yelling at Cloud -=FLEX=-'s Avatar
    -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) -=FLEX=- has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Strong finish to the week.

185 x 12 backoff set = impressive.

Enjoy your weekend Bill.
    Insta: flexjs

Perseverance, Inc.

Spring Supremacy 2018 - 620/345/615 @ 50 yrs old

RIP Gene Rychlak

Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Korr is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Personally, I always preferred when people talk to me straight, and lose respect to those that don't. Bottom line, tell me what I need to hear, not what I want to hear.

RDLs:

405x1 really heavy
    Impressive.
    -----------------

My workout journal

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168325713

billb7581 is just really nice. (+1000) billb7581 is just really nice. (+1000) billb7581 is just really nice. (+1000) billb7581 is just really nice. (+1000) billb7581 is just really nice. (+1000) billb7581 is just really nice. (+1000) billb7581 is just really nice. (+1000) billb7581 is just really nice. (+1000) billb7581 is just really nice. (+1000) billb7581 is just really nice. (+1000) billb7581 is just really nice. (+1000)

Negged for no bacon.... .J/K

hazto is a name known to all. (+5000) hazto is a name known to all. (+5000) hazto is a name known to all. (+5000) hazto is a name known to all. (+5000) hazto is a name known to all. (+5000) hazto is a name known to all. (+5000) hazto is a name known to all. (+5000) hazto is a name known to all. (+5000) hazto is a name known to all. (+5000) hazto is a name known to all. (+5000) hazto is a name known to all. (+5000)

GJBM
    Second this,
    Consistency = WIN

I can do everything through him who gives me strength. Phil 4:13

David

Nice way to round out the week: the massive RDLs, the leg pic (as Vox noted), and the curls look really good, too.
    Thanks, Mike; it was a good week overall, and I was pleased to get what I got on Friday. Romanians quickly progressed to a point where they're a real job. I still think I can hit my goal reps/weight, but it's going to take a while.

Anyway, enjoy the weekend - with Washington in the mix, and my wife's beloved Vikings sneaking in the party, it will be a good time for the football fans under our roof, too.
    While I don't have a 'favorite' team ( instead, there are certain players and coaches all over the League that I follow), I was disappointed with the lack of performance of the Bengals' offense yesterday. Their defense played well, I thought, but Marvin Lewis is still looking for his first playoff win.

Tough break for the Vikes when Ponder couldn't go. The talking heads were playing up Joe Webb's abilities before the kickoff to a point where I thought maybe it was still going to be a competitive game, but it was not to be. The Pack's defense got a quick handle on Webb (and AP), and Aaron Rodgers and his band of 150 wide receivers put the game out of reach.

I'm picking the Colts over the Ravens for no other reason than I think Flacco is going downhill. If Ray Lewis is able to answer the bell (and I hope he can play; he's a certain, first-ballot HOFer) , this may be his last game.

The jewel of this weekend is obviously (to me, anyway) the Redskins-Seahawks. That's going to be an electrified game. RGIII is going to have an uphill battle against Seattle's rock-solid defense; I hope his knee holds out. Russel Wilson has been phenomenal this season, and has kind of flown under the radar a bit, at least around here. He's easily as good as RGIII and Andrew Luck, but hasn't gotten the press that those two have received. That may change after today.

One thing is for certain though; besides being good athletes, all three of those kids (RGIII, Wilson, and Luck) are high-quality human beings, and are a credit to the League and young people in general. The world needs a boatload more people like them.

Enjoy the weekend yourself; it's THE PLAYOFFS!

Originally Posted by -=FLEX=- View Post
    Strong finish to the week.

185 x 12 backoff set = impressive.

Enjoy your weekend Bill.
    Thanks, Jim. I felt like it was a productive week, even though i didn't push the numbers up much.

That backoff set sometimes really surprises me; I'm not much of a high repper (I think most of my muscle fibers are fast-twitch); I don't usually have much jam left on most exercises after the work sets, but that one seems to be "different" sometimes.

Have a good weekend yourself.

Originally Posted by Korr View Post
    Personally, I always preferred when people talk to me straight, and lose respect to those that don't. Bottom line, tell me what I need to hear, not what I want to hear.
    I would hope that anyone coming into a forum and asking for advice would have that same attitude, but quite a few don't, it seems. I'll usually try to help everyone at least once, unless they're obviously trolling.

Impressive.
    Thanks; that sun of a gun felt like it weighed a ton Friday. I was happy just to get the single.

Originally Posted by billb7581 View Post

Negged for no bacon.... .J/K
    Lulz. Believe it or not, we were out of bacon!

Originally Posted by hazto View Post
    Second this,
    Thanks, David. I'm working as hard as I'm able to try to keep inching forward.
    Last edited by ironwill2008; 01-06-2013 at 06:20 PM.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

All my PRs are history HoustonTXMuscle's Avatar
    HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    As others have stated: Outstanding numbers on Romanians, BB Curls and Flat Presses, Bill.
    Inactivity Kills!!!

My journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140991491 Age is NOT an acceptable excuse.

Played with dinosaurs as a child. Back then everyone was thin; it was a matter of out-running the raptors or being one of their meals.

Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Tifflex has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    How was the weekend?
    Genshai

billb7581 is just really nice. (+1000) billb7581 is just really nice. (+1000) billb7581 is just really nice. (+1000) billb7581 is just really nice. (+1000) billb7581 is just really nice. (+1000) billb7581 is just really nice. (+1000) billb7581 is just really nice. (+1000) billb7581 is just really nice. (+1000) billb7581 is just really nice. (+1000) billb7581 is just really nice. (+1000) billb7581 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Good luck with your 2013 bacon goals.

I have a bellybutton The Shoeless Wonder's Avatar
    The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) The Shoeless Wonder has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    the backwards hat makes you look like a college kid

have you tried poundstone curls?

Originally Posted by HoustonTXMuscle View Post
    As others have stated: Outstanding numbers on Romanians, BB Curls and Flat Presses, Bill.
    Hey Bob, thanks! I had a good day Friday and a good week last week. I'll work to surpass it this week.

Hope your recovery is on schedule.

Originally Posted by Tifflex View Post
    How was the weekend?
    Hi, Tiff. Considering wall-to-wall football, and plenty of eats, it was good.

Watching RGIII struggle to stay in the game was no fun though. I just hope he didn't do further damage that might carry over to training camp next Spring.

The Falcons are gonna have their hands full when Seattle comes to town!

Originally Posted by billb7581 View Post
    Good luck with your 2013 bacon goals.
    Lulz. Thanks, Bill. It's on the shopping list!

Originally Posted by The Shoeless Wonder View Post
    LOL. I'll take that any day over the bad hair day I was suffering on Friday!

have you tried poundstone curls?
    Never have, Shoe. High-rep stuff has never really suited me, but I might give 'em a go anyway this Friday just for no other reason than they're so opposite of what I usually do.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NaturalPursuit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    GREAT stuff in here man! Keep it up!!!
    advertising not permitted

Originally Posted by NaturalPursuit View Post
    GREAT stuff in here man! Keep it up!!!
    Thanks, NP; that's my plan.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yo, Bill. How's Sherman doing?

Originally Posted by The Shoeless Wonder View Post
    This. No pink knight.

While I don't have a 'favorite' team ( instead, there are certain players and coaches all over the League that I follow), I was disappointed with the lack of performance of the Bengals' offense yesterday. Their defense played well, I thought, but Marvin Lewis is still looking for his first playoff win.

Tough break for the Vikes when Ponder couldn't go. The talking heads were playing up Joe Webb's abilities before the kickoff to a point where I thought maybe it was still going to be a competitive game, but it was not to be. The Pack's defense got a quick handle on Webb (and AP), and Aaron Rodgers and his band of 150 wide receivers put the game out of reach.

I'm picking the Colts over the Ravens for no other reason than I think Flacco is going downhill. If Ray Lewis is able to answer the bell (and I hope he can play; he's a certain, first-ballot HOFer) , this may be his last game.

The jewel of this weekend is obviously (to me, anyway) the Redskins-Seahawks. That's going to be an electrified game. RGIII is going to have an uphill battle against Seattle's rock-solid defense; I hope his knee holds out. Russel Wilson has been phenomenal this season, and has kind of flown under the radar a bit, at least around here. He's easily as good as RGIII and Andrew Luck, but hasn't gotten the press that those two have received. That may change after today.

One thing is for certain though; besides being good athletes, all three of those kids (RGIII, Wilson, and Luck) are high-quality human beings, and are a credit to the League and young people in general. The world needs a boatload more people like them.

Enjoy the weekend yourself; it's THE PLAYOFFS!
    Actually, we did enjoy ourselves despite our home teams losing. The writing was on the wall, so the outcomes were not a real surprise. I did think that Washington had a "puncher's chance" given the Hawks' road record, but RG III's bum knee killed those hopes early on.

Your take on the new crop of kids is on target regarding the intangibles that they bring to the game. In a cruel paradox, Wilson had the game that we usually expect from RG III! Wilson won't win the ROTY, but his performance in the last third of the season will steal some votes and raise expectations for next year. I actually like the 'Hawks given their nasty secondary, Wilson's heads up play, and their running game - in a similar way that the Giants and Steelers have finished strong in recent years despite their low seed, nobody wants to play the Hawks' right now.

I couldn't blame you for picking the Colts over the Ravens given Flacco's inconsistency and the annoying tendency of the Ravens to move away from optimally using Rice in the last few games. But that team was emotionally charged given Lewis' announcement, and lo and behold, Flacco showed up (and Boldin, too - good Lord at some of those catches)! The road stops in Denver (IMO), but at least Lewis notches a win in his last bid in B'more. Finally, I was hoping for more from the Bengals, too - but the Texans decided to snap out of their funk like Flacco! I still don't like the weak way that they finished the season and don't have them any better than the 3rd best team in the AFC, but strange things happen on the field - we'll see what's up next week!

Actually, we did enjoy ourselves despite our home teams losing. The writing was on the wall, so the outcomes were not a real surprise. I did think that Washington had a "puncher's chance" given the Hawks' road record, but RG III's bum knee killed those hopes early on.
    I was afraid of RGs knee all week. And even before he hurt it again yesterday, he just wasn't 'right.' Tough break, but that's pro football for you; no mercy. I just hope he hasn't done further damage that might carry over into Spring training. I've scoured the webz, but haven't found any news on his condition yet.

Your take on the new crop of kids is on target regarding the intangibles that they bring to the game. In a cruel paradox, Wilson had the game that we usually expect from RG III! Wilson won't win the ROTY, but his performance in the last third of the season will steal some votes and raise expectations for next year. I actually like the 'Hawks given their nasty secondary, Wilson's heads up play, and their running game - in a similar way that the Giants and Steelers have finished strong in recent years despite their low seed, nobody wants to play the Hawks' right now.
    The Falcons are going to have their hands full next weekend for sure. Four great matchups coming up.

And over and above what Luck, RG, and Wilson bring to Pro football (not that it doesn't need more positive role models, especially in light of what happened in KC recently), their abilities, intelligence, work ethic, and humility are a credit to youngsters in general, and those attributes are in short supply in this country right now. They give young people (and us old guys too) someone to look up to.

I couldn't blame you for picking the Colts over the Ravens given Flacco's inconsistency and the annoying tendency of the Ravens to move away from optimally using Rice in the last few games. But that team was emotionally charged given Lewis' announcement, and lo and behold, Flacco showed up (and Boldin, too - good Lord at some of those catches)!
    Flacco played good enough not to lose the game. It was good to see Ray Lewis at least once more. I honestly didn't think he'd be able to start, or at least, finish the game, but he looked good. He's a great player, and what he brings to the game is going to be missed at the end of this season. I've been watchng Pro football since I was a little kid, and I've never seen another player like him.

Anquan Boldin is another question mark in my mind. Yesterday, he played up to his ability IMO. I think that if he were on a team with a more-solid QB, he'd be at or near the top of the League as far as WRs go. When he was with the Cardinals, and playing opposite Larry Fitzgerald (the very best pair of hands in the entire NFL, IMO), I thought they had the best WR tandem in the league.
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

Originally Posted by -Lucifer View Post
    Yo, Bill. How's Sherman doing?
    He's doing well; thanks for asking. He still has some issues with certain sounds on the tv scaring him, but he's dealing with it.

How about Rusty?
    No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

Ironwill2008 V2.0

Had a good session to get the week off to a rolling start. Moved a few numbers, bumped a lift, and got through it all with no shoulder probs. Today's training was:

Smith Machine Front Squat
    95x10 W/U
    145x8
    195x8
    215x8
    235x6

Leg Press
    400x12 W/U
    490x12
    580x12
    670x12
    760x12 just made it.

Chinup
    bw x5 W/U
    bw x5 W/U
    bw +35x3 W/U
    bw +70x3
    bw +70x3
    bw =70x3

gettin belted

70x3 Chins

Smith Machine Seated Press
    95x10 W/U
    125x3 W/U
    150x3
    150x3
    150x3

Consumed an hour and ten minutes on this session. I picked up 2 reps on Fronts; I'm making progress on these. Reps-across will let me add another dime; I should get there next week if I work hard.

Made it to reps-across on LP, just barely. I'm going to go ahead and bump the weight next week on these even though it was close to get reps. A machine is relativly safe, and if all I can get is 6-7 good reps with an extra 50, that's be good enough to build on.

My shoulder felt okay on Chins today after giving me some grief last week. Still, I stopped the reps at 3 per set as a precaution. I'll work for 4-across next week if my shoulder is still good.

Bumped Seated Presses a bit, and managed three solid sets of triples. I was gritting my teeth as I sat down for the first work set, expecting it to feel very heavy, but was surprised when it wasn't too bad. I'll work this weight to 5-across before adding more.

That's it for this 'un. I'll rest tomorrow, then work Wednesday to move forward on Lunges, Rows, and Incline Presses.

Post-WorkOut meal was a pair of favorite huevos in taco shells, some strawberries, and a glass of milk.

No brain, no gain.

Ironwill Gym:

Ironwill2008 Journal:

Page 276 of 329 FirstFirst ... 176 226 266 274 275 276 277 278 286 326 ... LastLast