knight100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) knight100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) knight100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Welcome packs for new clients

Hey Trainers

Just wondering who out there has "welcome packs" for new clients as they sign on, and if so what do you normally put in them.

I am currently making folders with recipe ideas, basic nutritional information, personal training rules and copy of client contract, recovery tips, 3 x complimentary personal training session cards (for new clients only), a background about the trainer, motivational information, ******** and website links.

What are your guys thoughts on this, is anyone else doing this?

SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by knight100 View Post
    Hey Trainers

Just wondering who out there has "welcome packs" for new clients as they sign on, and if so what do you normally put in them.

I am currently making folders with recipe ideas, basic nutritional information, personal training rules and copy of client contract, recovery tips, 3 x complimentary personal training session cards (for new clients only), a background about the trainer, motivational information, ******** and website links.

What are your guys thoughts on this, is anyone else doing this?
    At my old gym, new group fitness participants and personal training clients would receive a welcome packet with basic information about nutrition, expectations of the program, etc. Sometimes I think that less is more. We had a 10-12 page packet front and back. I would venture to guess <10% read the whole thing, and maybe 20% got through some significant portion of it. I am creating a packet for my clients at my new place of employment because nobody else does it. For my clients, I plan to keep it to a page or two for each topic.

For instance, I would rather have a one-page handout with general guidelines for nutrition than 10-15 pages of information that people don't read, or don't understand. Especially in this day in age, we all have ADD. Everyone wants things bullet noted and ready to go for them to digest in a minute or less.

Registered User ericzimmerman34's Avatar
    ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ericzimmerman34 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The packets your making are awesome and will be much appreciated and beneficial to clients so great job! As for welcome packets what we do at 24 is we offer a 3 session package. Its cheaper (129.00) total and its a money back guarantee. Then if you decide to sign up for more we take the price of the 3 pack off of the next package and this has been tremendously beneficial to me picking up clients. We also inform them that the purpose is to let you feel more comfortable at the gym and have a basic idea of what to do there along with what a trainer can do for you. Session 1 is more machines, session 2 is free weights and cables, session 3 is functional exercises along with the sled and slam balls etc. The 3 session pack isnt a big commitment and lets them feel you out before they make one. Plus the 129.00 off is a great way to make them sign up for a larger package.
    Obssession is a word lazy people use to describe dedication.

If your not nervous before going to the gym your probably not working out hard enough (my new favorite quote)

B.S. in Exercise and Sports Science
    Cooper Functional Trainer Cert.
    NASM CES in progress

knight100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) knight100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) knight100 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks guys, I appreiciate your help. Deffinatly good idea not makin it too long!,

Registered User brandonclarkfitness's Avatar
    brandonclarkfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brandonclarkfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brandonclarkfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) brandonclarkfitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think this is helpful but isn't this what a website is for? Seems like it could be a waste of resources for something most people will throw away. Just make it available to them all online and you save printing costs, etc.
    NASM-CPT NTPI-CPT NCCPT Specialization: Chronic Disease Management

Bodybuilding isnt everything, it's just being small, weak and puny really sucks.

Originally Posted by brandonclarkfitness View Post
    I think this is helpful but isn't this what a website is for? Seems like it could be a waste of resources for something most people will throw away. Just make it available to them all online and you save printing costs, etc.
    This is true, agree with resource waste etc.. however whats the difference between your new client going on website and a prospect going on website. Your new client would be getting anything "extra", for paying $$$ to you.

SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000) SFT is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by knight100 View Post
    This is true, agree with resource waste etc.. however whats the difference between your new client going on website and a prospect going on website. Your new client would be getting anything "extra", for paying $$$ to you.
    I would place the materials in a password protected area. I would still hand out a page or two double sided with short versions of what you want people to know. At the end you could say, to read more visit [insert website].

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Also have a client information sheet.
    Any past injuries,aliments,limitatins,their current doctor info,what kind of work they do,what kind of activities they've done in the past year.
    What their goals are all on paper.
    This will help you design a better personal training protocol just for them.