Jonblaze639 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jonblaze639 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jonblaze639 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jonblaze639 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jonblaze639 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jonblaze639 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jonblaze639 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jonblaze639 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jonblaze639 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jonblaze639 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Jonblaze639 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Flax oil may reduce gyno?

I was reading about healthy oils and i came acorss an article on http://www.brinkzone.com/qanda5.html Is this some guy making baseless claims or has anyone else heard/tried this....

Q: Deal Will

I remember in your book "Priming the Anabolic Environment" you recommended flax oil as a possible way to treat gynecomastia or "bitch tits" in men and I know you recommend flax oil losing fat and general health also. Would flax have equal benefits for athletic women like me who lift weights and do you still think it helps with gyno?

Sincerely, Susan Williams, NY NY 11201

WB: Dear Susan

My recommendations regarding flax oil and other oils high in omega- 3 fatty acids (i.e. fish oils, etc) is the same for women as it is for men. I have found a few table spoons of flax oil per day for most people causes a reduction in bodyfat and improvements in overall health.

Interestingly, a recent study looking at ground flax seeds found effects that are particularly important to women, but may also have applications to men with "gyno." This study found that flaxseed enriched muffins fed to women reduced cancer cell proliferation and tumor growth as well as the drug Tamoxifen (Nolvadex to you muscle heads out there)!

Researchers presented their finding recently at the 23rd Annual San Antonio Breast Cancer Symposium. Although we have many animal studies and in vitro (test tube) studies showing various supplements may effect certain cancers, this is on of the first to show a dietary product like flax can directly effect human breast cancer.

Flax seed is commonly found in the diets of people in several parts of Europe, but people in North America do not generally get flaxseed in their diets. As most people know who have read up on flax in my articles and books, it's a rich source of Omega-3 fatty acids which play a crucial role in thousands if functions in the human body. However, according to these researchers, the rationale for flaxseed reducing cancer tumor growth in this study may be flax's source of phytoestrogens ( plant precursors of mammalian lignans).

As already mentioned, prior studies found flaxseed reduced the number and growth of tumors in animals. This looked the effects of flaxseed in 29 postmenopausal and 10 premenopausal patients newly diagnosed with breast cancer. They looked at the effects of dietary flaxseed on tumor biology and growth. The patients were randomized to receive a daily muffin containing 25 g of ground flaxseed or a control muffin (containing no flax). As expected, the 29 postmenopausal women saw significant reductions in tumor cell proliferation compared to controls not getting the flax. According to the researchers conducting the study, the effects are similar to those previously seen with Tamoxifen. Amazing!

We all know that many bodybuilders use Tamoxifen to treat or prevent gyno. As expected, there were no significant adverse effects in the women eating the flax enriched muffins. There saw no significant differences between the two groups caloric and macronutrient intake either . The researchers suggest that the mechanism of action may be through the antiestrogenic effects of the lignans found in flax seeds. In my opinion, they may be over looking the cancer preventing effects of the omega-3 fatty acids found in the flax also. The study authors mention that consumers have been buying flaxseed oil capsules from health food stores for years. However, in order to get the most benefit, they recommend consuming ground flaxseed rather than consuming whole seeds or taking capsules. I am not sure I can agree with this advice and it seems to me just another double standard of the supplements vs "real" food bias seen with many researchers and doctors. For example, many companies sell high lignan flax oil. The implication of the above study is obvious for women, but men reading this should see the clear potential benefits: flax seeds and high lignan flax oil may be a natural anti estrogen as powerful as Nolvadex and would explain why I have seen reductions in gyno in men taking high amounts of flax oil. Again, it appears I was at least 5 years ahead of the curve on this (patting myself on the back as I write this!).
    MOD @ www.anabolicminds.com

97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) 97LT1 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    All i know is Flax raises test. Gyno? Maybe a little, but not enough to effective in treating gyno. Gallons upon gallons of flax MAY make some difference.
    Supplement Enthusiast

Import Hunter™

219 destroyed since 1996

Old enough to raise ya....

Aldude2 is not very well liked. (-100) Aldude2 is not very well liked. (-100) Aldude2 is not very well liked. (-100) Aldude2 is not very well liked. (-100) Aldude2 is not very well liked. (-100) Aldude2 is not very well liked. (-100) Aldude2 is not very well liked. (-100) Aldude2 is not very well liked. (-100) Aldude2 is not very well liked. (-100) Aldude2 is not very well liked. (-100) Aldude2 is not very well liked. (-100)
    according to one study it also reduces testosterone that was my concern with taking this but i dont feel that so far.

Beteroffalone is a name known to all. (+5000) Beteroffalone is a name known to all. (+5000) Beteroffalone is a name known to all. (+5000) Beteroffalone is a name known to all. (+5000) Beteroffalone is a name known to all. (+5000) Beteroffalone is a name known to all. (+5000) Beteroffalone is a name known to all. (+5000) Beteroffalone is a name known to all. (+5000) Beteroffalone is a name known to all. (+5000) Beteroffalone is a name known to all. (+5000) Beteroffalone is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by 97LT1 View Post
    All i know is Flax raises test.
    Originally Posted by Aldude2 View Post
    according to one study it also reduces testosterone.
    Lol : ) Thanks for clearing that up guys!

goliath1812 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goliath1812 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goliath1812 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goliath1812 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goliath1812 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goliath1812 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goliath1812 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goliath1812 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goliath1812 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goliath1812 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) goliath1812 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by jjlee138 View Post
    lol, ya can anyone else clear this up? i was under the impression flax lowered test, or raised estrogen, that's why i gave it up and went to fish oil.

Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Madevilz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jjlee138 View Post
    lol 5 years difference between the arguments
    ill take the most recent one

Lift heavy or don't lift Lotto20's Avatar
    Lotto20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lotto20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lotto20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lotto20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lotto20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lotto20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lotto20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lotto20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lotto20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lotto20 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Lotto20 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Well Efa's help balance hormone levels so it is probably safe to say that it raises test more then lowering it......
    Personal Bests
    Bench - 340
    Deadlift - 515
    Squat - 405

Currently cutting
    Start - 233
    Current - 227 March26th 2010

cfaulk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cfaulk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cfaulk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cfaulk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cfaulk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cfaulk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cfaulk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cfaulk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cfaulk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cfaulk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cfaulk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I also read about the effect it has on testosterone, and that it might even lead to man boobs? So i just take fish oil.

Aldude2 is not very well liked. (-100) Aldude2 is not very well liked. (-100) Aldude2 is not very well liked. (-100) Aldude2 is not very well liked. (-100) Aldude2 is not very well liked. (-100) Aldude2 is not very well liked. (-100) Aldude2 is not very well liked. (-100) Aldude2 is not very well liked. (-100) Aldude2 is not very well liked. (-100) Aldude2 is not very well liked. (-100) Aldude2 is not very well liked. (-100)
    there are various studies done on cancer patients who used this.one study found no effect on testosterone levels while another found it reduced it.a study done on breast cancer patients found that it reduced the tumor by quite a bit which means that it is infact an anti-estrogen(lignan content only) and can help with gyno a little bit.Some studies are claiming it to be as effective as Nolvadex.I don't think it will cause gyno unless there is rebound associated with it.I was using it to see what it does to my puberty gyno ,but I stopped after reading that it can reduce t-levels,but there are also studies out which showed no effect t-levels ...so I am going to give it another shot and see what happens.

Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000) Jules Verne is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by cfaulk View Post
    I also read about the effect it has on testosterone, and that it might even lead to man boobs? So i just take fish oil.
    It totally depends on the person and their hormone levels. That's why there is so much confusion as to the effects of flax, soy etc..

Flax, for instance, is probably good for someone with high estrogen - especially E2, but probably counter-productive for someone with low estrogen. It would also depend on number, distribution and 'sensitivity' (I know that's not the right word) of testosterone and estrogen receptors you have.

Lot's of confusion and one could design a study to basically show whatever they wanted - including that is does not affect anything.

Everything in moderation!

aslan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aslan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aslan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aslan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aslan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aslan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aslan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aslan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aslan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aslan is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aslan is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    phytoestrogen content, isnt flax seed oil even worse than soy? ill stick to fish oil and maybe circumin/turmeric

ken361 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ken361 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ken361 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ken361 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ken361 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ken361 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ken361 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ken361 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ken361 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ken361 is on a distinguished road. (+10) ken361 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Talking

The study on the low test one they were on a low fat diet so that can cause lower test.
    big is bad!!

TheNameless is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheNameless is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheNameless is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheNameless is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheNameless is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheNameless is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheNameless is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheNameless is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheNameless is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheNameless is a jewel in the rough. (+500) TheNameless is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by ken361 View Post
    The study on the low test one they were on a low fat diet so that can cause lower test.
    wtf, did I just give you 6 rep points??

glitch?
    Last edited by TheNameless; 07-19-2007 at 05:09 PM.

gynoman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gynoman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gynoman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gynoman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gynoman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gynoman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) gynoman has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

gyno pills

If it was me, i would take Gyno-Drol from gyno-drol.com
    stuff's Legit

askem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) askem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) askem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) askem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) askem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) askem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) askem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) askem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) askem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) askem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) askem is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by gynoman View Post
    if it was me, i would take gyno-drol from gyno-drol.com
    stuff's legit
    gtfo *******!!!!!!!!!
    #******* Crew#
    -******* mod