Swanson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swanson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swanson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swanson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swanson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swanson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swanson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swanson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swanson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swanson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swanson will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Exclamation Can you overdose cinnamon?

I happen to like cinnamon a lot so I always add some to coffee or shakes. I don't really know how much it is. Maybe a teaspoon. Can you overdose on cinnamon and then get side effects?

matth87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matth87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matth87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matth87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matth87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matth87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matth87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matth87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matth87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matth87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) matth87 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You could i guess overdose on anything and get bad side effects, but i eat a ton a cinnamon to. Prob like 2-3 table spoons of it a day in oats, cottage cheese, protien pancakes, shakes ect.

I think you would have to consume a ton to overdose and i know that drug stores sell cinnamon pills so it is healthy for u.
    living life

Swanson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swanson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swanson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swanson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swanson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swanson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swanson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swanson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swanson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swanson will become famous soon enough. (+50) Swanson will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    But I heard that cinnamon contains coumarine (sp?) which can be harmful for the liver. This is why you should only by ceylon cinnamon and not cassia.
    I have ceylon but I'm scared that it could be cassia and they simply write ceylon on it.

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Swanson View Post
    I happen to like cinnamon a lot so I always add some to coffee or shakes. I don't really know how much it is. Maybe a teaspoon. Can you overdose on cinnamon and then get side effects?
    Can you? Yes if it is Cassia.
    Last edited by in10city; 02-09-2008 at 12:45 PM.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000) Aindreas is just really nice. (+1000)
    You can OD on nutmeg, that's for damn sure...

Originally Posted by in10city View Post
    Can you? Yes if it is Cassia.
    this is scary. what if you buy ceylon and they fooled you and used cassia?
    then you're poisoning yourself!!!!

tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000) tinyman5000 is just really nice. (+1000)
    sometimes i just pick up the shaker and down like a tablespoon of it, does that do anything

i dont care if it takes a year off my life if it does cause i've done it since i was like four

Originally Posted by tinyman5000 View Post
    sometimes i just pick up the shaker and down like a tablespoon of it, does that do anything

i dont care if it takes a year off my life if it does cause i've done it since i was like four
    I don't know. I guess you could simply make sure you buy ceylon cinnamon and you could also get a bloodtest to just check the liver.

davesporty is not very well liked. (-100) davesporty is not very well liked. (-100) davesporty is not very well liked. (-100) davesporty is not very well liked. (-100) davesporty is not very well liked. (-100) davesporty is not very well liked. (-100) davesporty is not very well liked. (-100) davesporty is not very well liked. (-100) davesporty is not very well liked. (-100) davesporty is not very well liked. (-100) davesporty is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Aindreas View Post
    You can OD on nutmeg, that's for damn sure...
    Eating a whole nutmeg can result in death.
    davesporty

TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000) TheNewestGuy is just really nice. (+1000)
    There's very little chance you're taking enough to OD.

Nutmeg is poisonous, but if you're eating nutmeg whole you've got other problems.

Sqwivivol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sqwivivol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sqwivivol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sqwivivol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sqwivivol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sqwivivol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sqwivivol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sqwivivol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sqwivivol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sqwivivol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Sqwivivol is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by davesporty View Post
    Eating a whole nutmeg can result in death.
    um ppl gettin high have 3-4 nutmegs

stefaniee23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Question

How do you tell if its cassia or the other one, i checked both of the cinnamon things I have, and neither say one or the other... HELP. lol I eat A LOT.. of cinnamon.. like 5 tbl spoons a day.. maybe a lil more.

caraleio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caraleio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caraleio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caraleio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caraleio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caraleio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caraleio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caraleio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caraleio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) caraleio has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Sqwivivol View Post
    um ppl gettin high have 3-4 nutmegs

No people getting high have 3-4 TABLESPOONS of it.

Mosho is a complete loser! (-2000) Mosho is a complete loser! (-2000) Mosho is a complete loser! (-2000) Mosho is a complete loser! (-2000) Mosho is a complete loser! (-2000) Mosho is a complete loser! (-2000) Mosho is a complete loser! (-2000) Mosho is a complete loser! (-2000) Mosho is a complete loser! (-2000) Mosho is a complete loser! (-2000) Mosho is a complete loser! (-2000)
    wtf is a nutmeg?

edit: nvm, didn't know it was called nutmeg in english ;P

tefkiac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I?m sorry for necroing this thread, but I just noticed that many people seem to worry for not being able to distinguish Cassia from true Cinnamon.

If it?s in powder form, it is indeed impossible to distinguish. The only way to distinguish it is in when it?s sold as a stick.
    A true cinnamon stick is made up of many, very thin layers, one rolled over the other, perhaps up to 10 concentric circles.

Cassia on the other hand , because of it?s much thicker bark, is a single layer rolled in a single circle, or perhaps rolled twice on itself.

So in summary, Cinnamon is very thin, soft layers, while Cassia is a single, thick piece or bark.

Unfortunately, according to a survey, most Americans have never tasted true cinnamon. Only Ceylon (Sri Lanka) labelled cinnamons are true cinnamons. Anything labelled as from China or some other place, is Cassia.

If it?s in powder form, a pretty unreliable method is to test it?s tasta and aroma compared to a known Cassia cinnamon. Cassia has a stronger aroma.