cuto85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cuto85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cuto85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cuto85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cuto85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cuto85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cuto85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cuto85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cuto85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cuto85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cuto85 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Keto, Dizziness, Palpitations, Anxiety, Fatigue

Hey guys,

So basically put myself through Keto hell for the last 6 months.

First things first I work a EXTREMELY physical job on the rigs. This is a typical 10hr day. I work 14 straight then get 7 off.

-At least 15,000 steps.
    -300 Feet of Vertical Ladder
    -300 Feet of Stairs
    -Hoisting my body weight up over pipes, beams etc...
    -Lifting
    -Pulling cable, hose, hundreds of meters

I was calorie in calorie deficit and going almost zero carbs... I'd break and have a cookie or 10 once a week.

This may come across as a asinine question, but is this the reason I was running into the stuff in the subject title? (Dizziness, Palpitations, Anxiety, Fatigue) Towards the end of the day, I'd be worried about climbing ladder. Hitting the gym after for 1.5hrs was just murder. I had to STRUGGLE to not pass out. There was times when I almost passed out, heart started racing and I'd induce terrible anxiety and perpetuate the feeling.

I'm extremely close with my doctor (he bought me a bottle of Blue Label for Christmas) and see him about every 3 months. Diabetes? Nope. BP - 120/80. Lipids - Perfect.
    Healthy as a horse.

Said forget it, starting this shift. Threw in 2 bran muffins and 2 whole wheat pitas into my diet. SFA and I feel like goddamned Superman.

Now gaining wait, but getting more cut. WTF IS GOING ON.

Appreciate any comments at all. Cheers.

andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Working in a physical environment like you are you need to adopt a CKD in my opinion.

Also, its hard to answer your question as you haven't told us what calorie deficit you were at, i would imagine it was pretty low and that is what is making you feel like ****e. You'd need a huge carb up each week or even twice a week. Your job is very physical and you will need a lot more cals than normal gym goers. You may not even need to be eating at a deficit at all.

Just some thoughts

Originally Posted by cuto85 View Post
    Hey guys,

First things first I work a EXTREMELY physical job on the rigs. This is a typical 10hr day. I work 14 straight then get 7 off.

-At least 15,000 steps.
    -300 Feet of Stairs
    -Lifting

I was calorie in calorie deficit and going almost zero carbs... I'd break and have a cookie or 10 once a week.

This may come across as a asinine question, but is this the reason I was running into the stuff in the subject title? (Dizziness, Palpitations, Anxiety, Fatigue) Towards the end of the day, I'd be worried about climbing ladder. Hitting the gym after for 1.5hrs was just murder. I had to STRUGGLE to not pass out. There was times when I almost passed out, heart started racing and I'd induce terrible anxiety and perpetuate the feeling.

I'm extremely close with my doctor (he bought me a bottle of Blue Label for Christmas) and see him about every 3 months. Diabetes? Nope. BP - 120/80. Lipids - Perfect.
    Healthy as a horse.

Said forget it, starting this shift. Threw in 2 bran muffins and 2 whole wheat pitas into my diet. SFA and I feel like goddamned Superman.

It's YOU vs YOU

cuto85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cuto85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cuto85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cuto85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cuto85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cuto85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cuto85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cuto85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cuto85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cuto85 is on a distinguished road. (+10) cuto85 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks for the reply Andy!

I was taking in about 3500 calories a day.

BMR - 2700
    Burning @ work - At least 2500 I'd say
    Gym - 1000 at least

I was in a MAJOR deficit.

Really started crunching some numbers and realizing I need almost 6000 cals just to get me through my day. Odd thing though is my weight just plateaued at 245.

andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250) andymant has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    There is the problem, if you need 6,000 cals a day and your eating 3,500 thats a 2,500 deficit, thats HUGE and why you are feeling rubbish i reckon.

Up the cals to 5,000-5,500 per day that you are working and set up some cal goals for when you arent working. As you are lifting have a 1-2 day carb load when you demob from offshore and that will also help with energy levels the fortnight when you are offshore.

I had a contractor working for me with Saipem a few years back as a welding inspector on the C6 and he worked out on his down time and was burning 6-7,000 cals a day easy, he was bulking at the time and was eating like a horse for that!

Good luck moving forward, i think you know what you need to do

Thanks for the reply Andy!

I was taking in about 3500 calories a day.

BMR - 2700
    Burning @ work - At least 2500 I'd say
    Gym - 1000 at least

I was in a MAJOR deficit.

Really started crunching some numbers and realizing I need almost 6000 cals just to get me through my day. Odd thing though is my weight just plateaued at 245.
    It's YOU vs YOU

PS, plateaus are coming and the weight will shift again when ready. I had one at 157lb, lasted for 2 months and then plummeted in like a week weeks to 152, weight loss isn't linear and happens in fits and starts for some people
    It's YOU vs YOU

Vivvid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivvid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivvid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivvid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivvid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivvid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivvid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivvid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivvid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivvid is on a distinguished road. (+10) Vivvid is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Im pretty sure the deficit you are on is way too big.
    I'd start with making a diet based on your tdee and start wihout a deficit and depending on how you feel start cutting.
    Or become a wireline operator like me

mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    why are you doing keto? for a super active guy like yourself carbs would be very beneficial.

Zantei is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zantei is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zantei is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zantei is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zantei is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zantei is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zantei is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zantei is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zantei is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zantei is on a distinguished road. (+10) Zantei is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by mattvdh View Post
    why are you doing keto? for a super active guy like yourself carbs would be very beneficial.
    Agreed. Given the dangerous work conditions you describe, I wouldn't risk anything just to experiment with a diet.

Regarding you feeling like Superman, your body is 'supercompensating' for the lack of carbohydrates. It will make all of your muscles pop out. It's a temporary effect but it does make you feel and look awesome - be sure to take advantage of it.
    Everything you need to know about the leangains eating plan:

http://examine.com/leangains-faq/

Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You went 6 months on a diet despite feeling like crap? This sounds like evolution is trying to help us get rid of a **** pair of genes.

Originally Posted by Lvisaa2 View Post
    You went 6 months on a diet despite feeling like crap? This sounds like evolution is trying to help us get rid of a **** pair of genes.
    **** genes? This coming fron a Manlet? lol

Well no more carb deficit for me guys. 1 WW Bagel a day, 1 WW pita, 2 x Blueberry Bran muffins, 1 cup red river
    Climbing has never been easier. Feeling endless energy. Still plenty of go in the gym after every shift.

Perhaps I'll try Keto when I get pulled off the tools.

Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Lvisaa2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Well no more carb deficit for me guys. 1 WW Bagel a day, 1 WW pita, 2 x Blueberry Bran muffins, 1 cup red river
    Climbing has never been easier. Feeling endless energy. Still plenty of go in the gym after every shift.

Yes, my above average height makes me have crappy genes. Thank god for my ability to actually use common sense so I can outlast idiots like you and pass along my "manlet" genes to create our manlet super race. We may not be tall, but thank god for being able to actually think.

mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mattvdh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

I still don't understand your motives for applying the keto diet in your life. What's your reasoning for using it? If carbs clearly help you, then why tamper with a good thing.

jrharvey5923 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jrharvey5923 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jrharvey5923 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jrharvey5923 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jrharvey5923 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jrharvey5923 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jrharvey5923 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jrharvey5923 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jrharvey5923 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jrharvey5923 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jrharvey5923 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey guys,

-At least 15,000 steps.
    -300 Feet of Stairs
    -Lifting

Healthy as a horse.

Is it possible you may be low on electrolytes? I've been on a ketogenic diet for about 6 years (yeah crazy I know) and every time I see these symptoms its a lack of sodium/potassium. Its often when I go with full natural foods and forget to season. It causes your blood pressure to drop to extreme levels which causes the dizziness. Next time you feel dizzy try a cup of chicken broth maybe?

AudreyRose29 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just got home from the hospital, I have only been on Keto for 16 days and dropped 9 pounds. I started feeling tingly everywhere, the lights were getting bright and dim, then my heart was racing and I was shaking uncontrollably. They said my electrolytes were great and that I needed to stop this diet immediately. When I was brought in, my eyes were rolling in the back of my head and my heart was going nuts. I lost control of muscles in my neck so when they sat me up it just hung. I think it's just because I don't have the money to do it correctly ( organic meats, grassfed butter, ghee, ect.) After reading this I am going to have a piece of wheat bread and see if it helps because it's been 3 hours and I still feel my heart beating irregularly. I eat a lot of selenium so I know that is not the reason. I am so so so sad because keto was working so well for me and I felt so much more energetic, I never had food cravings, and it just felt good to be free of the carb cravings.

greekgod21 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Keto sucked for me, I was always weak at my lifts