monkeybabies has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

My Goal: Basketball - Lebron type physique

Hi,

I just recently starting working out to achieve my goal of having a body like Lebron James. My workout has been slow but I am picking it up now with more heavier weights for mass. I have been taking protein after workouts and been eating 3 times daily. I am 175lbs, 5'11.

I am currently taking ON Whey Protein and bought 2 other supplements after being recommended by some people. I will start taking this coming Monday.. Would these be a great supplement schedule to take with my routine? I am working out about 4-5 times a week and play basketball about 2-4 times a week.

Morning - ON Gold Standard Whey Protein

Pre-workout - Scivation Extend for BCAA to give me energy and recovery

Post-workout - Creacore Creatine (I been reading that your suppose to take it before workouts but for this creatine it says after?) then right after I am going to take ON Gold Standard Whey Protein.... I don't know if this makes sense to take one after another or should there be wait time in between?

Is this the right way to go so far??? I appreciate your feedback... Thank You!

Brolympics Gold Medalist Corey_Ellis's Avatar
    Corey_Ellis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Corey_Ellis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Corey_Ellis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Corey_Ellis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Corey_Ellis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Corey_Ellis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Corey_Ellis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Corey_Ellis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Corey_Ellis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Corey_Ellis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Corey_Ellis has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Need to grow about 10 inches brah.
    ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by monkeybabies View Post
    Hi,

I just recently starting working out to achieve my goal of having a body like Lebron James. My workout has been slow but I am picking it up now with more heavier weights for mass. I have been taking protein after workouts and been eating 3 times daily. I am 175lbs, 5'11.

I am currently taking ON Whey Protein and bought 2 other supplements after being recommended by some people. I will start taking this coming Monday.. Would these be a great supplement schedule to take with my routine? I am working out about 4-5 times a week and play basketball about 2-4 times a week.

Morning - ON Gold Standard Whey Protein

Pre-workout - Scivation Extend for BCAA to give me energy and recovery

Post-workout - Creacore Creatine (I been reading that your suppose to take it before workouts but for this creatine it says after?) then right after I am going to take ON Gold Standard Whey Protein.... I don't know if this makes sense to take one after another or should there be wait time in between?

Is this the right way to go so far??? I appreciate your feedback... Thank You!
    Xtend would be best taken during your workout/training. Creatine can be taken whenever you can; it doesn't matter how many times you eat or take whey.. getting all your daily calories/macros is more important.

Hit the nutrition/training section stickies if you haven't.

JohnnyRingo350 is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnnyRingo350 is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnnyRingo350 is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnnyRingo350 is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnnyRingo350 is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnnyRingo350 is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnnyRingo350 is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnnyRingo350 is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnnyRingo350 is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnnyRingo350 is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnnyRingo350 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Why would anyone WANT to look like lebron?
    A total@A body weight
    Jesus, Powerlifting, Strongman, foggy mirrors.

goalie1113 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) goalie1113 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) goalie1113 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) goalie1113 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) goalie1113 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) goalie1113 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) goalie1113 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) goalie1113 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) goalie1113 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    sorry dude, but lebron is a physical freak of nature lol. second off, the guy is just natrually big, so he has a bigger frame allowing for more muscle than a regular person lol

also... as far as creatine, i wouldnt worry about it. probably better off with some BCAA supplement in its place. take your BCAAs post with protein and your golden

JohnnyRingo350 is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnnyRingo350 is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnnyRingo350 is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnnyRingo350 is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnnyRingo350 is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnnyRingo350 is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnnyRingo350 is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnnyRingo350 is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnnyRingo350 is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnnyRingo350 is a name known to all. (+5000) JohnnyRingo350 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by goalie1113 View Post
    sorry dude, but lebron is a physical freak of nature lol. second off, the guy is just natrually big, so he has a bigger frame allowing for more muscle than a regular person lol

also... as far as creatine, i wouldnt worry about it. probably better off with some BCAA supplement in its place. take your BCAAs post with protein and your golden
    Ditch creatine, and take Xtend PWO with protein. You sir are brilliant.
    A total@A body weight

BigBoLuke93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBoLuke93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBoLuke93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBoLuke93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBoLuke93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBoLuke93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBoLuke93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBoLuke93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBoLuke93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBoLuke93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBoLuke93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

What? Ditching one of the most backed by science supplements (Creatine), and supplementing your Protein containing BCAA's, with more BCAA's?

You need to do some reading/research..
    NASM Certified Personal Trainer and Nutritionist
    Online Trainer/Coach - PM for Details/Inquiries

goalie1113 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) goalie1113 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) goalie1113 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) goalie1113 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) goalie1113 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) goalie1113 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) goalie1113 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) goalie1113 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) goalie1113 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by BigBoLuke93 View Post
    What? Ditching one of the most backed by science supplements (Creatine), and supplementing your Protein containing BCAA's, with more BCAA's?

You need to do some reading/research..
    why do people love to create arguments for no reason on these boards?? why dont YOU do your research on the quality of BCAAs in your protein powder? i'm not talking about xtend or some other crap BCAA supp loaded with junk - im talking about a pure BCAA supplement with free form BCAAs. do YOUR research.....

second off, im not bashing creatine. my problem with creatine is that TOO many people use it, when they really don't need it. unless you are hitting the weights intensely and pushing yourself to failure in most of your sets.... you DONT need creatine!
    Last edited by goalie1113; 08-09-2012 at 10:31 PM.

This board is really active! Cool! Thanks for the feedback but the answers are confusing... am I on the right path?

DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) DASBUNKER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    This board is really active! Cool! Thanks for the feedback but the answers are confusing... am I on the right path?
    Supplement wise it's fine, results will depend on your overall diet/training program; let me know if there are any specific things you still wish to know

Originally Posted by DASBUNKER View Post
    Supplement wise it's fine, results will depend on your overall diet/training program; let me know if there are any specific things you still wish to know
    ^^^^^ this..... eating clean is the hardest part for more people.... get your fruits/veggies, protein (salmon, grilled chicken, lean beef, etc....) make water your main beverage.... takes a lot of focus all day long, but its necessary if you want to look like lebron lol

Take your creatine anytime of day, it doesn't matter as long as you get it in. Protein can be taken whenever you need (in a rush ect and can't get a good meal in, or post work out). Take your bcaa supplement during your workout. Find a good routine for putting mass on, and fine tune your diet. If I were you and this was a long term goal, I would do a big bulk and BBing routine until around 215 then cut to about 190 and maintain. If you want to look like an NBA player remember to hypertrophy your shoulders out like a MU! Good luck!

OH and don't listen to dasbunker he doesn't know what he's talking about!

....no but really he does.
    Last edited by JohnnyRingo350; 08-09-2012 at 10:43 PM.
    A total@A body weight

Lugie is just really nice. (+1000) Lugie is just really nice. (+1000) Lugie is just really nice. (+1000) Lugie is just really nice. (+1000) Lugie is just really nice. (+1000) Lugie is just really nice. (+1000) Lugie is just really nice. (+1000) Lugie is just really nice. (+1000) Lugie is just really nice. (+1000) Lugie is just really nice. (+1000) Lugie is just really nice. (+1000)
    lol at this thread

BigBoLuke93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBoLuke93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBoLuke93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBoLuke93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBoLuke93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBoLuke93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBoLuke93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBoLuke93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBoLuke93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBoLuke93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BigBoLuke93 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    why do people love to create arguments for no reason on these boards?? why dont YOU do your research on the quality of BCAAs in your protein powder? i'm not talking about xtend or some other crap BCAA supp loaded with junk - im talking about a pure BCAA supplement with free form BCAAs. do YOUR research.....

second off, im not bashing creatine. my problem with creatine is that TOO many people use it, when they really don't need it. unless you are hitting the weights intensely and pushing yourself to failure in most of your sets.... you DONT need creatine!
    I wasn't trying to create an argument, I was trying to point out what was wrong with your recommendation.

Please inform me about what is wrong about the quality of naturally occurring BCAA's in protein powder and other foods. They are already there by nature, not sure how you can think that is poor quality? And what is adding more BCAA's to the protein powder (Which already contains plenty of naturally occurring BCAA's and EAA's, among a full AA profile) going to do?

If he's trying to add mass (which I believe he is), he should be eating in a caloric surplus, and he will get plenty of BCAA's through his food choices. Adding in extra Free-Form BCAA's is pointless. The only thing I can think of for it being somewhat useful, is to sip on something like Xtend or Purple Wraath during his Basketball for the added goodies (Electrolytes, Cit Mal, BA, etc..) to keep endurance up.

As for Creatine, what do you mean by "too many people use it"? Being perhaps the most proven supplement, why wouldn't people use it? I agree, nobody "needs" Creatine or any supplement for that matter, but if it can help his goals and is as cheap as it is, why wouldn't you use it? Creatine has numerous studies showing it's benefits towards strength, endurance and recovery, all of which can help anyone pushing themselves in the gym, and trying to gain mass. It would almost be stupid not to use it.

And:
    unless you are hitting the weights intensely
    If you're not working hard and pushing yourself in the gym, then what are you doing there?
    NASM Certified Personal Trainer and Nutritionist
    Online Trainer/Coach - PM for Details/Inquiries

kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) kr1kit has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    lol taking xtend will make you look like Lebron, cool story son.

thedarce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedarce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedarce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedarce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedarce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedarce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedarce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedarce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedarce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedarce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedarce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    dude where is JH? he's the local basketball star.

degibson84 is just really nice. (+1000) degibson84 is just really nice. (+1000) degibson84 is just really nice. (+1000) degibson84 is just really nice. (+1000) degibson84 is just really nice. (+1000) degibson84 is just really nice. (+1000) degibson84 is just really nice. (+1000) degibson84 is just really nice. (+1000) degibson84 is just really nice. (+1000) degibson84 is just really nice. (+1000) degibson84 is just really nice. (+1000)
    sorry dude, but lebron is a physical freak of nature lol. second off, the guy is just natrually big, so he has a bigger frame allowing for more muscle than a regular person lo
    you answered your own question here stating that he has the genetics to be that damn big. if you dont have genetics like that it is hard to get that big without cheating

thanks guys, i will keep you guys updated with my status on becoming lebron like haha

Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    OP, set realistic goals for yourself.

LeBron is a FREAK.

GO HEAT!
    Myprotein's Official Bodybuilding.com Lead Representative ✔
    ► Europe's #1 Online Sports Nutrition Brand ◄
    US Site: us.myprotein.com
    Rest of the world: myprotein.com
    Fuel Your Ambition!