jentanne is on a distinguished road. (+10) jentanne is on a distinguished road. (+10) jentanne is on a distinguished road. (+10) jentanne is on a distinguished road. (+10) jentanne is on a distinguished road. (+10) jentanne is on a distinguished road. (+10) jentanne is on a distinguished road. (+10) jentanne is on a distinguished road. (+10) jentanne is on a distinguished road. (+10) jentanne is on a distinguished road. (+10) jentanne is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How do you remember to eat?

This question is not as stupid as it looks I promise, lol. I have been back to work full time this week and I am so busy that I keep forgetting to eat. What do you do so that you don't skip a meal? I would just eat one huge lunch but the problem is I cannot eat enough in one sitting. So I try to eat about 5 times a day. So far though it is not working.

I thought about setting myself a reminder in Outlook ( I am around a computer all day) but I don't want someone to see a reminder 3 times a day that says "eat". So I am just curious if anyone else has this problem and what do you do to fix it? Also, I can't use my cell phone because we are not supposed to have them on at work.

Thanks!!
    "Pain is temporary... quitting lasts forever" ~Lance Armstrong

"You only get one shot at life, and as time goes by, days go by, and years go by, you do not get them back. Make time to accomplish what you want in life." ~Rachel Cosgrove

Any time you use the word "try", you may as well replace it with, " I am giving myself an out because I am planning to fail." ~R. Cosgrove

sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000) sonti is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Actually I have this problem too because of my baby - I just don't see the clock and wow, it's 5 hours later?

Can you have a cell phone in your pocket that just vibrates? Nobody would know it was there.

Another idea is to just tie a string on your finger... lol.

Carbs are my friend... vandalgirl59's Avatar
    vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Honestly, its NEVER been a problem for me haha. As I'm finishing one meal I'm generally already counting down till the next one :-P

Maybe wear a bracelet or something on your wrist you don't usually wear? Then when you see it, you'll think, 'OH YEAH!...'. Or maybe a watch with an alarm? I've never listened to the 'no phone' rule, whether it be school or work. Nobody is disconnecting me lol...

Thats the only thing I can think of that does involve electronic notifications.
    ~Impatience never demanded success~

***Calculate your Calorie/Macro Needs HERE --> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156380533 ***

Maxime1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maxime1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maxime1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maxime1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maxime1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maxime1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maxime1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maxime1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maxime1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maxime1 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Maxime1 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yes, I work on the computer all day, so it's very easy to get distracted or busy. I hear more and more people setting reminders on the computer or via wrist watch. I found that I was doing the same thing-Not remembering to eat!

Try setting a reminder! It couldn't hurt, right?
    He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.

Muhammad Ali

"For me life is continuously being hungry. The meaning of life is not simply to exist, to survive, but to move ahead, to go up, to achieve, to conquer" - Arnold

Carbs are my friend... vandalgirl59's Avatar
    vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vandalgirl59 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Or instead of setting your outlook reminder to say 'eat', just make it a smiley face or something. Nobody has to know what it means, but you'll know...
    ~Impatience never demanded success~

***Calculate your Calorie/Macro Needs HERE --> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156380533 ***

jentanne is on a distinguished road. (+10) jentanne is on a distinguished road. (+10) jentanne is on a distinguished road. (+10) jentanne is on a distinguished road. (+10) jentanne is on a distinguished road. (+10) jentanne is on a distinguished road. (+10) jentanne is on a distinguished road. (+10) jentanne is on a distinguished road. (+10) jentanne is on a distinguished road. (+10) jentanne is on a distinguished road. (+10) jentanne is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by vandalgirl59 View Post
    Or instead of setting your outlook reminder to say 'eat', just make it a smiley face or something. Nobody has to know what it means, but you'll know...
    This is a good idea, or maybe I could find something free online to have an alarm on my computer. I really HATE when my outlook calendar is crowded, lol. But, I guess for this I would do it because it is important to me!!

As for the cell phone thing, I kind of ignore it too, but meetings are always in my space so if I forget to turn it off everyone will know. Unfortunately my phone is too big for my pocket, lol.
    "Pain is temporary... quitting lasts forever" ~Lance Armstrong

"You only get one shot at life, and as time goes by, days go by, and years go by, you do not get them back. Make time to accomplish what you want in life." ~Rachel Cosgrove

Any time you use the word "try", you may as well replace it with, " I am giving myself an out because I am planning to fail." ~R. Cosgrove

vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by jentanne View Post
    This is a good idea, or maybe I could find something free online to have an alarm on my computer. I really HATE when my outlook calendar is crowded, lol. But, I guess for this I would do it because it is important to me!!

As for the cell phone thing, I kind of ignore it too, but meetings are always in my space so if I forget to turn it off everyone will know. Unfortunately my phone is too big for my pocket, lol.
    I'm around a computer all day and often had the same problem, so I set reminders. However, I actually set a reminder in outlook for a TASK, instead of setting it up as a meeting. Just create a task, open it up and click on "set a reminder" and it will allow you to put a specific time (set it up as a recurring daily). That works for me It's also subtle so if anyone's ever looking at my calendar (including me) they won't see meeting reminders everywhere!! lol.
    *Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice.*

KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50) KaraPhoto will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by jentanne View Post
    I thought about setting myself a reminder in Outlook ( I am around a computer all day) but I don't want someone to see a reminder 3 times a day that says "eat".
    Why? Seriously .. I'm not sure I understand this. Why would it be so embarrassing to have a popup reminder that says "lunch" or "afternoon snack" or whatever. Who cares if someone else sees it. If they do, they're probably not going to think much of it.

I have reminders on my Outlook to get up and move away from my desk or I'd sit there all day. So every 2 hours, I have a popup that says "move". It makes me get up, walk around, stretch a bit ... no one has ever said a bad word about it and one person has even told me that they thought it was a good idea ... that they were going to start doing it.

We get too wound up in "I don't want other people to know/see ..." which is all part of that natural self-importance thing that all of us as humans have! No one is going to care if you set a reminder for your lunch, and there's no reason that should be an excuse to not do something that could help you!

foxhedge is on a distinguished road. (+10) foxhedge is on a distinguished road. (+10) foxhedge is on a distinguished road. (+10) foxhedge is on a distinguished road. (+10) foxhedge is on a distinguished road. (+10) foxhedge is on a distinguished road. (+10) foxhedge is on a distinguished road. (+10) foxhedge is on a distinguished road. (+10) foxhedge is on a distinguished road. (+10) foxhedge is on a distinguished road. (+10) foxhedge is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I have also considered a reminder on outlook but never did it. Work has been so busy this week that I have forgotten a couple times. I just plan ahead that I need to eat at 8:00 which is 2 hours and 15 minutes from my previous meal, that way when I forget I am usually still within the 3 hour range. I also had to start doing a protein shake first thing at work because then I can just have it at my desk and "milk it" for a while since I never have time to just eat at work.

bearybear is on a distinguished road. (+10) bearybear is on a distinguished road. (+10) bearybear is on a distinguished road. (+10) bearybear is on a distinguished road. (+10) bearybear is on a distinguished road. (+10) bearybear is on a distinguished road. (+10) bearybear is on a distinguished road. (+10) bearybear is on a distinguished road. (+10) bearybear is on a distinguished road. (+10) bearybear is on a distinguished road. (+10) bearybear is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I'm in charge of a team of workers with really physical jobs who always forget to eat so I'm their reminder . I don't suppose you could ask someone else to remind you? If its someone you're good friends with then maybe that'd be less embarrassing to you than a reminder on your screen (provided they didn't shout it across the office at you :S )
    I might not be there now but I've been there and there's nothing stopping me being there again

The All New Bearlog! http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=137169933&p=733149273#post733149273

I have never tried task reminders. I will try that on Monday. Actually I probably would get in trouble if they knew I was stopping to eat except for lunch so that is why I don't want to say eat. But since I will be the only one who knows I can just type a smiley or something like someone suggested.
    Thanks for all the great ideas.

vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) vanillabn is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by KaraCooks View Post
    Why? Seriously .. I'm not sure I understand this. Why would it be so embarrassing to have a popup reminder that says "lunch" or "afternoon snack" or whatever. Who cares if someone else sees it. If they do, they're probably not going to think much of it.

I have reminders on my Outlook to get up and move away from my desk or I'd sit there all day. So every 2 hours, I have a popup that says "move". It makes me get up, walk around, stretch a bit ... no one has ever said a bad word about it and one person has even told me that they thought it was a good idea ... that they were going to start doing it.

We get too wound up in "I don't want other people to know/see ..." which is all part of that natural self-importance thing that all of us as humans have! No one is going to care if you set a reminder for your lunch, and there's no reason that should be an excuse to not do something that could help you!
    For me, it's not really embarrassing... just my preference to avoid talking about my lifestyle, since it's a way of avoiding conversations I don't really want to/have time to have! I get tired of explaining "why" to coworkers, so it's easier to just do my thing and not have anyone notice...
    *Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it's always your choice.*

alexjoppie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexjoppie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexjoppie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexjoppie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexjoppie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexjoppie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexjoppie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexjoppie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexjoppie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexjoppie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexjoppie has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I had the same problem so I had set times at work. I would have a protein shake first thing in the morning then when I got to work I eat something. Then I'd eat at 10am on my first break, 12:30 lunch break, 2pm I'd eat again then around 4pm I'd have another meal, go to the gym and have a shake directly after my workout and when I'd get home I'd have dinner. Then at 9 pm I'd eat my last meal. After a while I found my body telling me it was time to eat before I even noticed the time. You could say I have myself conditioned. So now I don't need the reminders anymore....my metabolism makes sure I know!
    Then there's the fact that you need to not care about other people seeing your reminders. By the time my work day is over, my cooler is empty and my containers are stacked high around my desk. Funny thing is that after a while I had co-workers reminding me to eat!

Hope this is useful to you.

Alex

Mrs.Niche has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mrs.Niche has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mrs.Niche has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mrs.Niche has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mrs.Niche has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mrs.Niche has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mrs.Niche has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mrs.Niche has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mrs.Niche has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mrs.Niche has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mrs.Niche has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I actually count time I know it seems like a pain but it works for me. I make sure I eat every 4 hours. I try try to plan all my snacks and meals in specific times after awhile it just becomes natural.

Rozlyn27 is just really nice. (+1000) Rozlyn27 is just really nice. (+1000) Rozlyn27 is just really nice. (+1000) Rozlyn27 is just really nice. (+1000) Rozlyn27 is just really nice. (+1000) Rozlyn27 is just really nice. (+1000) Rozlyn27 is just really nice. (+1000) Rozlyn27 is just really nice. (+1000) Rozlyn27 is just really nice. (+1000) Rozlyn27 is just really nice. (+1000) Rozlyn27 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Honestly, its NEVER been a problem for me haha. As I'm finishing one meal I'm generally already counting down till the next one :-P
    w3rd

I'm a chubby girl body (only currently!) mind and soul, haha.
    Strive for more.

MyFitnessPal - Rozlyn1708

Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Linds33 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Maybe wear a bracelet or something on your wrist you don't usually wear? Then when you see it, you'll think, 'OH YEAH!...'. Or maybe a watch with an alarm? I've never listened to the 'no phone' rule, whether it be school or work. Nobody is disconnecting me lol...

Thats the only thing I can think of that does involve electronic notifications.
    I can say that i haven't had this problem either I am usually looking forward to eating after i am done my last meal (i like food).

I would say to just listen to your body. If you are hungry then eat something, if you aren't hungry then wait a little bit before you grab your snack. For me personally i find that setting exact times for eating doesn't work out to well. I may still be full from breakfast or i may be starving and i have another hour until my next "meal time". Thus i just make sure that i stay in tune with what my body needs.

workoutchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) workoutchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) workoutchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) workoutchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) workoutchick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Maxime1 View Post
    Yes, I work on the computer all day, so it's very easy to get distracted or busy. I hear more and more people setting reminders on the computer or via wrist watch. I found that I was doing the same thing-Not remembering to eat!

Try setting a reminder! It couldn't hurt, right?

I have this problem too, i work online and sometimes i forget to eat so straight after i eat one meal i prepare my next and if its a snack i bring it into my room and set it next to me and i have a little alarm that goes off every 2-3 hrs... a bit of a hassle but you get use to it and it does the trick

erbear has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) erbear has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) erbear has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) erbear has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) erbear has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Definitely couldn't agree more - I do the exact same thing! I'm obsessed with food and it's consistently on my brain ;P