Hellfirex has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Large piece of skin ripped off both feet!

I was out playing basketball for a few hours and after a while i started to feel a little pain under my feet. I attributed this to me wearing skate shoes and i thought i had at most a little bit of splitting or strain in the arc of my foot.

Fast foward to me taking my socks off and basicly from the end of my toes to the middle of my foot is wide open with flapping dead skin.

The skin looks yellowish color and the whole piece is still intact, i washed both with peroxide and it burned like a son of a bitch and they're both covered with bandages atm.

Under the dead skin, its pretty rare. Its uncomfortable to walk but not unbearable.

Is going to the hospital necessary or can repeated cleaning and keeping it closed up and off my feet all i need to do?

Catchol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Catchol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Catchol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Catchol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Catchol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Catchol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Catchol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Catchol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Catchol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Catchol is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Catchol is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Hellfirex View Post
    I was out playing basketball for a few hours and after a while i started to feel a little pain under my feet. I attributed this to me wearing skate shoes and i thought i had at most a little bit of splitting or strain in the arc of my foot.

Fast foward to me taking my socks off and basicly from the end of my toes to the middle of my foot is wide open with flapping dead skin.

The skin looks yellowish color and the whole piece is still intact, i washed both with peroxide and it burned like a son of a bitch and they're both covered with bandages atm.

Under the dead skin, its pretty rare. Its uncomfortable to walk but not unbearable.

Is going to the hospital necessary or can repeated cleaning and keeping it closed up and off my feet all i need to do?
    Congratulations... You have blisters.

Clean them w/ soap, rub them down w/ Neosporin + Pain, and keep them covered with soft bandages.

Also, umm... Don't do anything in skate shoes except skate -- they are basically worthless for any other purpose.

wouldnt blisters be something small. Im talking about 3 inches from side to side up and down of no skin but the dead flap hanging there.

yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50) yitmy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It is unusual yes, but if your shoes are wide and your feet slide from side to side when playing ball, then I would say never wear those shoes again.

I think imersion baths with cold water would feel good and you may want to perform contrast where you stick your foot in cold water for 30 seconds then in a bucket of warm water for 30 secs and repeat the process 3-4 cycles. Then I would wrap the feet in sterile gauze to prevent infection.

I do think going to doctor would be recommended from the infection standpoint. He may give you something for discomfort and pad it better, and also give you some ointment-iodine maybe to keep wound clean.

Keep us posted!

I took a shower, which sucked.. any water that go through the bandaids stung. I reapplyed peroxide and then neosporin and its now wrapped in gauze.

I'll see what happens in the morning. If any sign of infection i guess seeing someone is the way to go.

What im concerned about now is how it should properly heal with that huge flap of skin. Do i apply the neosporin to the raw layer and then close the flap? or remove the flap completely?

Only this would happen to me, i just love to pay doctor bills.

Well i guess im on the way to the hospital soon, both of my feet feel numb/cold but are hot to the touch and i cant apply any pressure without pain.

http://www.wikihow.com/images/f/f2/Feet-2122.jpg

Thats pretty much how mine look except mine are a bit larger and still have the dead skin flap.

eedre is on a distinguished road. (+10) eedre is on a distinguished road. (+10) eedre is on a distinguished road. (+10) eedre is on a distinguished road. (+10) eedre is on a distinguished road. (+10) eedre is on a distinguished road. (+10) eedre is on a distinguished road. (+10) eedre is on a distinguished road. (+10) eedre is on a distinguished road. (+10) eedre is on a distinguished road. (+10) eedre is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Hellfirex View Post
    Well i guess im on the way to the hospital soon, both of my feet feel numb/cold but are hot to the touch and i cant apply any pressure without pain.

http://www.wikihow.com/images/f/f2/Feet-2122.jpg

Thats pretty much how mine look except mine are a bit larger and still have the dead skin flap.
    I wouldn't get too worked up over it. Blisters can be very painful. Having them that large can incapacitate you especially in an area that is constantly under pressure.

Keep them moist to avoid cracking and prolonging healing.

I always try to keep the skin flap in tact as a natural bandage (if it's still completely attached) for as long as possible and then peel it off once the skin underneath has healed to some extent. If the skin is just hanging there by one edge, you may as well tear or cut it off.

Sucks to have them in an inconvenient area like the foot or palm of your hand good luck!
    My Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=114646181

DanH75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DanH75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DanH75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DanH75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yeah just a bad blister mate.
    people I work with have recenlty done a 40 mile walk for charity and they've ended up with similar feet to how you describe.
    blisters are usually small but if you get 2 next to each other then the skin between them can be weakened and come away to thus causing the 2 small blisters to join into a larger one, then another joins and another etc and before you know it your entire foot is covered in 1 large blister.
    I'd guess that your socks were soaking wet when you removed them, mixture of sweat and the blister juice (nice!!)
    Anyway I've heard that bathing them in salt water can help too, will probably sting like a bitch but salt water helps with cleaning too so I'd sit with them in a bucket of salt water for a short while, dry them off and sit watching tv with your feet off the ground. If you're not walking on them then i would leave the bandages off otherwise they might just remain soggy rather than drying up.
    I've had them around my full heel from poor fitting shoes, doesn't hurt too badly at the time but is very painful once you stop doing the exercise.

Hope that helps.

Dan

beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Could you have had a large callous in the area that blistered? If a blister forms under a callous, the whole thing lifts off. I've had small ones do that before. If you have a problem with sweaty feet, get a wool or wool blend sock. This takes moisture away from your skin. Also they must fit well and not bunch up.

BG
    In space, nobody can smell Uranus....

DanH75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DanH75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DanH75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DanH75 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    don't think you'll be wearing skate shoes for b ball again will ya dude?

Ya definitely done with the skate shoes, especially for bball and work. My feet do have really bad callouses probably from such a long time wearing skate shoes for everything. I didnt even notice until yesterday, there is now a blood blister forming under my big toe on my right foot next to a callous thats starting to blister up.

The two big ones on the bottom of my feet are doing fine i guess. I kept the flap of skin intact and been reapplying neosporin + soapy water washing and then wrapping in gauze. Looks like its almost adhered back fully and becoming smooth.

My only concern now is the possibility of infection in my left one. Its a little redder than the other but i have no pain or hot feeling yet.

Definitely could have been prevented, seems like i get myself into new messes each week.

Thanks for the responses.