cdeyoung will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdeyoung will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdeyoung will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdeyoung will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdeyoung will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdeyoung will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdeyoung will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdeyoung will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdeyoung will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdeyoung will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdeyoung will become famous soon enough. (+50)

going to the gym with sore muscles...

two days ago i went to the gym and did some bench pressing, some back exercises, some leg pressing, and about 70 push ups. the day after my muscles were sore, and today my muscles are still sore. is it a good idea to go to the gym today with my muscles still being sore, or is it a good idea to just wait until tomorrow to go? i know that muscles grow the most when resting, but i just feel like i should be doing something... i don't want to seriously injure a muscle, though.

ger2oo5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ger2oo5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ger2oo5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ger2oo5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ger2oo5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ger2oo5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ger2oo5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ger2oo5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ger2oo5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ger2oo5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ger2oo5 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by cdeyoung View Post
    two days ago i went to the gym and did some bench pressing, some back exercises, some leg pressing, and about 70 push ups. the day after my muscles were sore, and today my muscles are still sore. is it a good idea to go to the gym today with my muscles still being sore, or is it a good idea to just wait until tomorrow to go? i know that muscles grow the most when resting, but i just feel like i should be doing something... i don't want to seriously injure a muscle, though.
    From what you have stated im going to presume you are new to training?

If you think the soreness is going to increase the likelyhood of injury or poor form/technique through decreased range of motion, muscle weakness, etc then leave it and do some cardio if you really want do something.

The jury really is out on whether working through DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) is productive or counter productive. However, the old cliche "Listen to your body" comes to mind IMO

personally, id leave it or just exercise muscle groups which are not sore.

cdeyoung will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdeyoung will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdeyoung will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdeyoung will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdeyoung will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdeyoung will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdeyoung will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdeyoung will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdeyoung will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdeyoung will become famous soon enough. (+50) cdeyoung will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ger2oo5 View Post
    From what you have stated im going to presume you are new to training?

If you think the soreness is going to increase the likelyhood of injury or poor form/technique through decreased range of motion, muscle weakness, etc then leave it and do some cardio if you really want do something.

The jury really is out on whether working through DOMS (delayed onset muscle soreness) is productive or counter productive. However, the old cliche "Listen to your body" comes to mind IMO

personally, id leave it or just exercise muscle groups which are not sore.
    yeah, the muscles underneath my armpit but closer to my chest are the ones that are sore... i cant lift my arms above my head, it hurts. also my triceps and shoulders hurt quite a bit, too. maybe i'll just stick to bicep curling today. thanks.

ger2oo5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ger2oo5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ger2oo5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ger2oo5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ger2oo5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ger2oo5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ger2oo5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ger2oo5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ger2oo5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ger2oo5 will become famous soon enough. (+50) ger2oo5 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by cdeyoung View Post
    yeah, the muscles underneath my armpit but closer to my chest are the ones that are sore... i cant lift my arms above my head, it hurts. also my triceps and shoulders hurt quite a bit, too. maybe i'll just stick to bicep curling today. thanks.
    Do legs mate! Leave the bicep curls and all upper body IMO until your not sore

bris1974 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bris1974 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bris1974 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bris1974 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bris1974 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bris1974 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bris1974 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bris1974 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bris1974 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bris1974 will become famous soon enough. (+50) bris1974 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    bodybuilding is not a race. imo give your body time to adjust to the new stresses your putting on it. maybe do some legs and give another days rest to the sore areas. as your muscles get back in shape your recovery should start to improve and be a little quicker.
    Your life won't change until you change.

beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I've been going at it hard for 3 months straight and I'm sore now, time to give it a short rest and deload for a week. Some soreness you can work through. I find that following the same routine but with less weight helps the recovery. So does catching up on my sleep.

Rob
    In space, nobody can smell Uranus....