Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Buster McFats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Buster McFats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Buster McFats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Buster McFats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Buster McFats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Buster McFats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Buster McFats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Buster McFats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Buster McFats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Buster McFats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Buster McFats is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Accounting or Engineering?

Misc decide for me. Back to school for accounting would take about 1.5 years and I could probably work alongside it. Engineering would take about 2.5 years and I couldn't work full time along it cause well, I'm not that smart. I think accounting would have a higher ceiling when it comes to pay, but with all the new accountants, I fear the market getting flooded.

Or law school or Med school.

OSUeng will become famous soon enough. (+50) OSUeng will become famous soon enough. (+50) OSUeng will become famous soon enough. (+50) OSUeng will become famous soon enough. (+50) OSUeng will become famous soon enough. (+50) OSUeng will become famous soon enough. (+50) OSUeng will become famous soon enough. (+50) OSUeng will become famous soon enough. (+50) OSUeng will become famous soon enough. (+50) OSUeng will become famous soon enough. (+50) OSUeng will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Engineering > Accounting.. you'll prob make less money but you will have more fun building things instead of crunching numbers/auditing.

Dig is a name known to all. (+5000) Dig is a name known to all. (+5000) Dig is a name known to all. (+5000) Dig is a name known to all. (+5000) Dig is a name known to all. (+5000) Dig is a name known to all. (+5000) Dig is a name known to all. (+5000) Dig is a name known to all. (+5000) Dig is a name known to all. (+5000) Dig is a name known to all. (+5000) Dig is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by jp8811 View Post
    Misc decide for me. Back to school for accounting would take about 1.5 years and I could probably work alongside it. Engineering would take about 2.5 years and I couldn't work full time along it cause well, I'm not that smart. I think accounting would have a higher ceiling when it comes to pay, but with all the new accountants, I fear the market getting flooded.

You can do engineering and have a job at the same time. It will be tough, but you can do it. The classes themselves aren't tooooooooo bad. Especially if you're already decent at math.

Buster McFats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Buster McFats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Buster McFats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Buster McFats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Buster McFats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Buster McFats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Buster McFats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Buster McFats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Buster McFats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Buster McFats is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Buster McFats is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Dig View Post
    You can do engineering and have a job at the same time. It will be tough, but you can do it. The classes themselves aren't tooooooooo bad. Especially if you're already decent at math.
    I'm decent but by no means Good... and as for actually building stuff and problem solving instead of just auditing I completely agree. Which is a very big plus.

hungarian_boss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hungarian_boss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hungarian_boss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hungarian_boss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hungarian_boss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hungarian_boss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hungarian_boss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hungarian_boss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hungarian_boss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hungarian_boss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hungarian_boss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Wait wut?

How does a manager at a bank make more than a engineer that owns his own firm?
    Mech E. Miscer

PSN: hungarian_boss

Rand Paul 2016

10k+

JTringer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JTringer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JTringer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JTringer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JTringer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JTringer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JTringer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JTringer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JTringer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JTringer has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JTringer has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    everyone ive talked to in accounting wants to kill themselves...engineering is ok at least

jumpman023 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jumpman023 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jumpman023 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jumpman023 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jumpman023 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jumpman023 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jumpman023 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jumpman023 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jumpman023 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jumpman023 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jumpman023 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Accounting IMO

LiveOnce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiveOnce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiveOnce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiveOnce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiveOnce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiveOnce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiveOnce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiveOnce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiveOnce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiveOnce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiveOnce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Looks to me you are just trying to decide between two high salaried fields rather than going to school for something you actually enjoy learning/doing as a career

terzter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) terzter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) terzter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) terzter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) terzter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) terzter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) terzter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) terzter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) terzter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) terzter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) terzter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by LiveOnce View Post
    Looks to me you are just trying to decide between two high salaried fields rather than going to school for something you actually enjoy learning/doing as a career

^^^^^^^

MEDITATE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MEDITATE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MEDITATE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MEDITATE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MEDITATE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MEDITATE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MEDITATE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MEDITATE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MEDITATE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MEDITATE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) MEDITATE has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    they both suck,get into software development
    Cherish your life. Live to tell your story

Originally Posted by hungarian_boss View Post
    Wait wut?

I'd say its a lot more likely for an accountant to move into a high position at a small company where they'd be making 150k than an engineer owning a firm... bug I'm not completely sure so if you have any input please inform.

Achilles87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Achilles87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Achilles87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Achilles87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Achilles87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Achilles87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Achilles87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Achilles87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Achilles87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Achilles87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Achilles87 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Accy is boring as fuk, basically everyone I've heard talk about working in accounting hates it.
    A young bull and an old bull were standing atop a hill looking at a bunch of heifers in a field below.

The young bull says "Let's run down this hill and fuk one of those heifers."

The old bull replies "No. Let's walk down there, and fuk them all."

Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jyeatbvg has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Depends what accountant you want to be.

CA's make a sh!tload of money. CGA and CMA it's all a hierachy..thing with being an accountant though is that you have to have a certain mindset for it. Not everyone can be one and I know most people hate it.

Don't know about engineering, but I'm certain that the CA's make more than most engineers.
    Leafs, Raptors, Jays, umad?

Well no accountant would be just for the money for the most part. Engineering I think I'd truly enjoy. Also I don't buy that do something you love business.

I appreciate all the advice thus far though.

Originally Posted by Jyeatbvg View Post
    Depends what accountant you want to be.

CA's make a sh!tload of money. CGA and CMA it's all a hierachy..thing with being an accountant though is that you have to have a certain mindset for it. Not everyone can be one and I know most people hate it.

Don't know about engineering, but I'm certain that the CA's make more than most engineers.
    I would definitely pursue a CPA designation (I kthink that's what is equivalent to Canada's CA

hungarian_boss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hungarian_boss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hungarian_boss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hungarian_boss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hungarian_boss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hungarian_boss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hungarian_boss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hungarian_boss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hungarian_boss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hungarian_boss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) hungarian_boss is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Depends on what eng. you'd want to do.

As far as I know accounting is basically all the same. You're surrounded by numbers.

Engineering, there is software, computer, civil, nuclear, chem, mechanical, manufacturing, etc. etc. With engineering you can plan the future and make a difference in peoples lives. But I guess you can do the same in acct??

It's really up to you brah. Do some research.
    Mech E. Miscer

PSN: hungarian_boss

Rand Paul 2016

10k+

LiveOnce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiveOnce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiveOnce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiveOnce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiveOnce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiveOnce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiveOnce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiveOnce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiveOnce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiveOnce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) LiveOnce is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Well no accountant would be just for the money for the most part. Engineering I think I'd truly enjoy. Also I don't buy that do something you love business.

I appreciate all the advice thus far though.
    I used to say the same thing. Wait until you get into something and you hate it, then you will be a believer.

This would apply moreso to accounting than anything i can think of also.

terzter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) terzter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) terzter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) terzter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) terzter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) terzter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) terzter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) terzter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) terzter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) terzter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) terzter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    ^Indeed, you only live once.

fcb1012 is just really nice. (+1000) fcb1012 is just really nice. (+1000) fcb1012 is just really nice. (+1000) fcb1012 is just really nice. (+1000) fcb1012 is just really nice. (+1000) fcb1012 is just really nice. (+1000) fcb1012 is just really nice. (+1000) fcb1012 is just really nice. (+1000) fcb1012 is just really nice. (+1000) fcb1012 is just really nice. (+1000) fcb1012 is just really nice. (+1000)
    You don't necessarily have to school 2.5 years straight in engineering. Try to co-op every other semester, what I am currently doing right now. Make good money while in school and gain valuable experience that will help in the classroom and after school.

eazy e 123 is just really nice. (+1000) eazy e 123 is just really nice. (+1000) eazy e 123 is just really nice. (+1000) eazy e 123 is just really nice. (+1000) eazy e 123 is just really nice. (+1000) eazy e 123 is just really nice. (+1000) eazy e 123 is just really nice. (+1000) eazy e 123 is just really nice. (+1000) eazy e 123 is just really nice. (+1000) eazy e 123 is just really nice. (+1000) eazy e 123 is just really nice. (+1000)

if ur doing it just for the money then stay away from medicine, you won't hack it (srs)

BroMontana is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BroMontana is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BroMontana is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BroMontana is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BroMontana is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BroMontana is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BroMontana is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BroMontana is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BroMontana is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BroMontana is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) BroMontana is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I used to say the same thing. Wait until you get into something and you hate it, then you will be a believer.

This would apply moreso to accounting than anything i can think of also.
    I would put Pharmacist in that category also, just seems boring to me and the money is the only upside but to each his own.
    ***Misc Firefighter/EMT Crew***
    The lion does not concern himself with the opinions of the sheep.

Macc44 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Macc44 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Macc44 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Macc44 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Macc44 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Macc44 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Macc44 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Macc44 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Macc44 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Macc44 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Macc44 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    i think engineering you would make more then accounting, unless you get your CPA

Registered User southernstunna1's Avatar
    southernstunna1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) southernstunna1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) southernstunna1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) southernstunna1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) southernstunna1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) southernstunna1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) southernstunna1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) southernstunna1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) southernstunna1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) southernstunna1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) southernstunna1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I'm in my 2nd week as an accountant at a fortune 100 company, it isn't that bad. Obviously school is way better but I don't hate it too much. My dad is a EE and you get capped out at around 150 (for the most part), much more earning potential in accounting.

PlasticTrees has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PlasticTrees has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PlasticTrees has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PlasticTrees has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PlasticTrees has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PlasticTrees has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PlasticTrees has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PlasticTrees has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PlasticTrees has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PlasticTrees has a spectacular aura about. (+250) PlasticTrees has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I'd rather be an accountant (and I love math).. can't stand physics

pat19 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pat19 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pat19 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pat19 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pat19 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pat19 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pat19 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pat19 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pat19 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pat19 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pat19 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by southernstunna1 View Post
    I'm in my 2nd week as an accountant at a fortune 100 company, it isn't that bad. Obviously school is way better but I don't hate it too much. My dad is a EE and you get capped out at around 150 (for the most part), much more earning potential in accounting.
    lol i hope i'll never have to describe my career, the job i'll go to every day for the rest of my life, as "i don't hate it too much."

Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Dave P has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Petrol Engineer ftw.

wheelsmagee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wheelsmagee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wheelsmagee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wheelsmagee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wheelsmagee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wheelsmagee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wheelsmagee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wheelsmagee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wheelsmagee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wheelsmagee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) wheelsmagee has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    plastic surgeon...pussy everywhere
    Tommy Biondillo's Move List :

* Russian Crab Hook
    * Ukrainian Arm Square
    * Siberian Tiger Clasp
    * slovakian neck smush
    * Iranian star hop

Been here since Doc swole was poundin cardio bunnys

Quackducky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quackducky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quackducky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quackducky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quackducky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quackducky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quackducky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quackducky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quackducky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quackducky will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quackducky will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    dont be an accountant. both my parents are and trust me.. from what ive heard it should be on the bottom of your list

Hetzen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hetzen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hetzen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hetzen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hetzen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hetzen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hetzen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hetzen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hetzen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hetzen is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Hetzen is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by hungarian_boss View Post
    Wait wut?

Accountants usually aren't bank managers. That's more a fiance field.

Unlike all those art and philosophy students working at Starbucks.

5K's & pull-ups PerfectFormForever's Avatar
    PerfectFormForever is a name known to all. (+5000) PerfectFormForever is a name known to all. (+5000) PerfectFormForever is a name known to all. (+5000) PerfectFormForever is a name known to all. (+5000) PerfectFormForever is a name known to all. (+5000) PerfectFormForever is a name known to all. (+5000) PerfectFormForever is a name known to all. (+5000) PerfectFormForever is a name known to all. (+5000) PerfectFormForever is a name known to all. (+5000) PerfectFormForever is a name known to all. (+5000) PerfectFormForever is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I'm right where you're at OP. I'm an Accounting major, with 1.5 years to go.
    I do know a lot of accountants of course, but they don't "all hate it." It's just working with numbers. Either you're cut out for it or not.

I don't think there's a problem with accounting, there's a problem with the people that do it. It's a respectable job, people know there's money waiting for you, they don't know what else to pick, so they just do it. Then they get into the workforce, be an accountant for 5 years, then declare, "ACCOUNTING SUCKS! WOE IS ME!" Wtf, I guarantee you they never job shadowed an accountant to actually figure out what they'd be doing. They were just lured in by the salary.

Make sure you like it. I do.
    Austin Texas Crew
    Ditched the weights
    found Pilates
    and Inner Peace