fhaydenusf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Weight Gainer for Diabetics

Hi. I've been a diabetic for 5 yrs now. I lost a lot of weight from it. I'm looking to start a body building program and need to gain weight. I've been searching for a weight gainer that is low carb but high calorie. I want to use the shakes with meals and as a snack. Can someone suggest a weight gainer like that? The ones I've seen have an enormous amount of carbs and I don't want to keep my sugars in control or else all my effort will be for nothing.

By the way, I've got an unusual form of diabetes called Cystic Fibrosis Diabetes. My diet is high calorie high fat. I'm not really limited to carbs but I want to know the gainers with the least amount of carbs as possible. My diet is being monitored by a nutritionist and she gave me recipes for shakes and stuff but I'm looking for something already in a powder that I can add to my shakes or just take alone. I need to gain about 25-30 lbs. As I was 160lbs but now 125 lbs. Thanks.

Thanks and I love this site!
    Frank
    Tampa,Florida.
    Last edited by fhaydenusf; 12-03-2009 at 07:24 PM.

supphead will become famous soon enough. (+50) supphead will become famous soon enough. (+50) supphead will become famous soon enough. (+50) supphead will become famous soon enough. (+50) supphead will become famous soon enough. (+50) supphead will become famous soon enough. (+50) supphead will become famous soon enough. (+50) supphead will become famous soon enough. (+50) supphead will become famous soon enough. (+50) supphead will become famous soon enough. (+50) supphead will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by fhaydenusf View Post
    Hi. I've been a diabetic for 5 yrs now. I lost a lot of weight from it. I'm looking to start a body building program and need to gain weight. I've been searching for a weight gainer that is low carb but high calorie. I want to use the shakes with meals and as a snack. Can someone suggest a weight gainer like that? The ones I've seen have an enormous amount of carbs and I don't want to keep my sugars in control or else all my effort will be for nothing.

By the way, I've got an unusual form of diabetes called Cystic Fibrosis Diabetes. My diet is high calorie high fat. I'm not really limited to carbs but I want to know the gainers with the least amount of carbs as possible. My diet is being monitored by a nutritionist and she gave me recipes for shakes and stuff but I'm looking for something already in a powder that I can add to my shakes or just take alone. I need to gain about 25-30 lbs. As I was 160lbs but now 125 lbs. Thanks.

Thanks and I love this site!
    Frank
    Tampa,Florida.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/san/infusion.html

i think this is what you are looking for.
    never heard of this type of diabetes.are you type 1 or 2? good luck.

MJ1331 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MJ1331 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MJ1331 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MJ1331 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MJ1331 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MJ1331 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MJ1331 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MJ1331 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MJ1331 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MJ1331 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MJ1331 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by supphead View Post
    http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/san/infusion.html

i think this is what you are looking for.
    never heard of this type of diabetes.are you type 1 or 2? good luck.
    hes type 2
    Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising each and every time we fall

*** Misc CIGAR Crew ***
    *Traditional Wet Shave Crew*

5k+

ralverson2013 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am the same boat!!! good luck.

ecominetti is just really nice. (+1000) ecominetti is just really nice. (+1000) ecominetti is just really nice. (+1000) ecominetti is just really nice. (+1000) ecominetti is just really nice. (+1000) ecominetti is just really nice. (+1000) ecominetti is just really nice. (+1000) ecominetti is just really nice. (+1000) ecominetti is just really nice. (+1000) ecominetti is just really nice. (+1000) ecominetti is just really nice. (+1000)
    Just make your own gainer, op

Buy a protein that suits your needs and add any high fat food to it (almonds, for instance). Blend it and you are done.

Of course, you can also just eat more high caloric foods instead of drinking a shake

kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50) kardoxo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    In my honest opinon you don't need a mass gainer.

Just make your own with only a few ingredients that can be found in any grocery store that are cheap and very nutrient rich. You will save a lot of money.

To make this shake, simply add the following ingredients into a blender, and mix well:

1 cups of Whole Milk
    2 tbsp of Peanut Butter
    1 large Banana
    1 scoop of Instant Oats or Ground Oats
    2 scoops of your preferred whey protein powder

Blend everything together with some cubes of ice and you will get the best tasting shake you have ever tasted.

Macros and calories

Around 700 calories

60g of Protein
    70g of Carbs
    25g of Fats
    Myprotein's Official Bodybuilding.com Representative
    Europe's #1 Online Sports Nutrition Brand
    US Site: us.myprotein.com
    Rest of the world: myprotein.com

Fuel Your Ambition!

changemyoil66 is a name known to all. (+5000) changemyoil66 is a name known to all. (+5000) changemyoil66 is a name known to all. (+5000) changemyoil66 is a name known to all. (+5000) changemyoil66 is a name known to all. (+5000) changemyoil66 is a name known to all. (+5000) changemyoil66 is a name known to all. (+5000) changemyoil66 is a name known to all. (+5000) changemyoil66 is a name known to all. (+5000) changemyoil66 is a name known to all. (+5000) changemyoil66 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    IDK if a gainer will help or make it worst. What makes a gainer a gainer is that it's way higher in carbs compared to regular protein powders. So you have to factor in the carb content and be careful.
    BPI Brand Ambassador

Proud member of the 1000lbs club