Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Jasonc06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonc06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonc06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonc06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonc06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonc06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonc06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonc06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonc06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonc06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonc06 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Whey Protein at night...bad?

I was reading that it's not good.. that i should be drinking Casein? but that means that i'll gain weight instead if i drink whey @ night?

acm807 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) acm807 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) acm807 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) acm807 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) acm807 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) acm807 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) acm807 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) acm807 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) acm807 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) acm807 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) acm807 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Jasonc06 View Post
    I was reading that it's not good.. that i should be drinking Casein? but that means that i'll gain weight instead if i drink whey @ night?
    well cassein is a slow digesting protein, and whey isnt.

i dont think whey is bad at night at all.

and as long as your whey doesnt have a bunch of cal's and carb's you should be good to take it before bed if you need some extra protein.

and cassein would be great before bed becuase it takes a few hours to fully digest so your fueling your body with protein while you sleep.
    *WetBreast is gonna make it crew*

3k+rep back. (pls leave link)

follow my 2012 natural show prep for free reps! updated daily!

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142482161

Dimensionally Gifted KingOfChaos's Avatar
    KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    lol...no...the reason they say to use casein at night is because unlike whey which digests within 30 minutes of being consumed, casein protein takes 7 - 8 hours and gives your body a constant protein source at night as you are asleep.

Personally, I have never used Casein and have used whey the entire time and it hasn't been the cause of my weight gain.
    http://www.alanaragon.com/
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/
    http://www.leangains.com/

formerfatty14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) formerfatty14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) formerfatty14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) formerfatty14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) formerfatty14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) formerfatty14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) formerfatty14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) formerfatty14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) formerfatty14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) formerfatty14 is on a distinguished road. (+10) formerfatty14 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    At this point in your fat loss goals, don't overthink it. Make sure it doesn't put you over your daily calorie totals. Other than that if you enjoy it, drink it (there's a lot of other crap you could be putting in your body at night

Take care
    FF14
    This above all, to thine own self be true.
    -Shakespeare

www.twitter.com/fitnesschef

Jasonc06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonc06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonc06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonc06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonc06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonc06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonc06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonc06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonc06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonc06 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Jasonc06 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    thanks for the fast reply!

jarhead2111 is just really nice. (+1000) jarhead2111 is just really nice. (+1000) jarhead2111 is just really nice. (+1000) jarhead2111 is just really nice. (+1000) jarhead2111 is just really nice. (+1000) jarhead2111 is just really nice. (+1000) jarhead2111 is just really nice. (+1000) jarhead2111 is just really nice. (+1000) jarhead2111 is just really nice. (+1000) jarhead2111 is just really nice. (+1000) jarhead2111 is just really nice. (+1000)

Talking

Originally Posted by Jasonc06 View Post

Whey is actually the best thing to have before you go to bed. If your really trying to cut, studies have shown that you shouldnt eat after 6 or 7pm. Having a high protein diet, especially taking whey will boost your metabolism and speed up the fat loss process!!

Jflip2002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jflip2002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jflip2002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jflip2002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jflip2002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jflip2002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jflip2002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jflip2002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jflip2002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jflip2002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jflip2002 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Try a nice protein blend like syntha 6. They say Casein takes 7 hours to digest... so that means you are going without protein for 7 hours during your sleep, right? If you try a nice blend, you will be constantly digesting protein throughout your sleep.
    -Joe

Will become a Natural Pro UCFBuilder's Avatar
    UCFBuilder is a name known to all. (+5000) UCFBuilder is a name known to all. (+5000) UCFBuilder is a name known to all. (+5000) UCFBuilder is a name known to all. (+5000) UCFBuilder is a name known to all. (+5000) UCFBuilder is a name known to all. (+5000) UCFBuilder is a name known to all. (+5000) UCFBuilder is a name known to all. (+5000) UCFBuilder is a name known to all. (+5000) UCFBuilder is a name known to all. (+5000) UCFBuilder is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by jarhead2111 View Post
    Whey is actually the best thing to have before you go to bed. If your really trying to cut, studies have shown that you shouldnt eat after 6 or 7pm. Having a high protein diet, especially taking whey will boost your metabolism and speed up the fat loss process!!
    I disagree with this.....whey..since it digests so fast..could cause an insulin spike which would hinder fat loss...and eating after 6-7 pm doesnt do a thing...as long as ur within ur caloric limit for the day...thats all that matters....i dont know where this "if i eat at night, my body turns the food to fat" idea came from

jarhead2111 is just really nice. (+1000) jarhead2111 is just really nice. (+1000) jarhead2111 is just really nice. (+1000) jarhead2111 is just really nice. (+1000) jarhead2111 is just really nice. (+1000) jarhead2111 is just really nice. (+1000) jarhead2111 is just really nice. (+1000) jarhead2111 is just really nice. (+1000) jarhead2111 is just really nice. (+1000) jarhead2111 is just really nice. (+1000) jarhead2111 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by UCFBuilder View Post
    I disagree with this.....whey..since it digests so fast..could cause an insulin spike which would hinder fat loss...and eating after 6-7 pm doesnt do a thing...as long as ur within ur caloric limit for the day...thats all that matters....i dont know where this "if i eat at night, my body turns the food to fat" idea came from
    High protein does in fact help speed up your metabolism which increases your ability to lose fat. Also it is basic knowledge that if someone were to eat a dish of pasta or something and then were to go to bed an hour later that their metabolism shuts down so therefore the food wont be used for energy instead it will be converted to straight bodyfat.

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Whey is actually the best thing to have before you go to bed. If your really trying to cut, studies have shown that you shouldnt eat after 6 or 7pm.
    I will give you the benefit if the doubt on these two issues and I will give you an opportunity to provide us with the studies that you claim back up what you are saying.

UCFBuilder is a name known to all. (+5000) UCFBuilder is a name known to all. (+5000) UCFBuilder is a name known to all. (+5000) UCFBuilder is a name known to all. (+5000) UCFBuilder is a name known to all. (+5000) UCFBuilder is a name known to all. (+5000) UCFBuilder is a name known to all. (+5000) UCFBuilder is a name known to all. (+5000) UCFBuilder is a name known to all. (+5000) UCFBuilder is a name known to all. (+5000) UCFBuilder is a name known to all. (+5000)
    High protein does in fact help speed up your metabolism which increases your ability to lose fat. Also it is basic knowledge that if someone were to eat a dish of pasta or something and then were to go to bed an hour later that their metabolism shuts down so therefore the food wont be used for energy instead it will be converted to straight bodyfat.
    did u read at all what i said???i didnt say a high protein diet doesnt increase ur metabolism..i said WHEY protein could cause an insulin spike since it digests so fast which hinders fat loss....and eating a huge bowl of pasta at night will not turn to bodyfat as long as ur still at a caloric deficit after that meal....the fact that u think thats basic knowledge just further proves my point about how ignorant people are about nutrition

pmpimbura has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pmpimbura has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pmpimbura has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pmpimbura has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pmpimbura has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pmpimbura has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pmpimbura has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pmpimbura has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pmpimbura has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pmpimbura has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pmpimbura has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    +1 for casein protein

I take this mixed with water 30 min prior to bed every night.

daveyTX is not very helpful. (-500) daveyTX is not very helpful. (-500) daveyTX is not very helpful. (-500) daveyTX is not very helpful. (-500) daveyTX is not very helpful. (-500) daveyTX is not very helpful. (-500) daveyTX is not very helpful. (-500) daveyTX is not very helpful. (-500) daveyTX is not very helpful. (-500) daveyTX is not very helpful. (-500) daveyTX is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by formerfatty14 View Post
    At this point in your fat loss goals, don't overthink it. Make sure it doesn't put you over your daily calorie totals. Other than that if you enjoy it, drink it (there's a lot of other crap you could be putting in your body at night

Take care
    FF14
    I agree, don't overthink it. Just keep your calories in check and you would be fine.

I do drink Casein most nights because I usually wake up really hungry sometimes if I don't.

platinumike will become famous soon enough. (+50) platinumike will become famous soon enough. (+50) platinumike will become famous soon enough. (+50) platinumike will become famous soon enough. (+50) platinumike will become famous soon enough. (+50) platinumike will become famous soon enough. (+50) platinumike will become famous soon enough. (+50) platinumike will become famous soon enough. (+50) platinumike will become famous soon enough. (+50) platinumike will become famous soon enough. (+50) platinumike will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm actually on a cut, and sometimes drink a whey shake 1.5 hrs before bed. I do know that whey is digested quicker, but i do add mine with a bit of milk, in attempts to slow the digestion. I think popping one with just water right before bed, might not be the best of ideas as it could spike your insulin levels, like UCFbuilder said.

vcackerman will become famous soon enough. (+50) vcackerman will become famous soon enough. (+50) vcackerman will become famous soon enough. (+50) vcackerman will become famous soon enough. (+50) vcackerman will become famous soon enough. (+50) vcackerman will become famous soon enough. (+50) vcackerman will become famous soon enough. (+50) vcackerman will become famous soon enough. (+50) vcackerman will become famous soon enough. (+50) vcackerman will become famous soon enough. (+50) vcackerman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    and eating after 6-7 pm doesnt do a thing...as long as ur within ur caloric limit for the day...thats all that matters....i dont know where this "if i eat at night, my body turns the food to fat" idea came from
    The whole theory came from Oprah and Dr. Oz. mainstream wise. They had a bunch of facts to help people lose weight and one of them was not to eat 3 hours before bed.

Originally Posted by vcackerman View Post
    The whole theory came from Oprah and Dr. Oz. mainstream wise. They had a bunch of facts to help people lose weight and one of them was not to eat 3 hours before bed.
    figures...i wonder what goes through peoples heads...."im gonna listen to Oprah instead of trying to get some real nutritional advice."......typical American ideology tho...the most readily available information(whats on TV) is accepted as truth 99% of the time

iPerfectDark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iPerfectDark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iPerfectDark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iPerfectDark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iPerfectDark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iPerfectDark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iPerfectDark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iPerfectDark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iPerfectDark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iPerfectDark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    But... it is really good advice if you think about it.

If it's getting really late and I'm really hungry, instead of grabbing a KFC which would fill me for several hours, I'll just grab a banana and it will hold off my hunger just until I go to sleep... and then who cares?

Last weekend I came in really drunk after eating almost all of a pizza.. stuck the rest of the pizza in the over to warm it and then fell asleep and forgot.

The next morning I had some pretty sweet entirely black pizza. Now, did I miss not eating this pizza when I was asleep? Not at all... so it would have been an extra 500pointless calories and only for pleasure.

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by iPerfectDark View Post
    But... it is really good advice if you think about it.

If it's getting really late and I'm really hungry, instead of grabbing a KFC which would fill me for several hours, I'll just grab a banana and it will hold off my hunger just until I go to sleep... and then who cares?
    I think this battle usually has to do with muscle catabolism, in which case any protein would be helpful for that goal. Flesh (chicken, fish, steak) takes a while to digest. Yeah casein, whether from a powder or cottage cheese, takes a while to digest, and whey digests pretty fast. The real issue is whether your body will start using muscle for fuel after a night of sleep. There are lots of threads that get into the details.

gbardahl will become famous soon enough. (+50) gbardahl will become famous soon enough. (+50) gbardahl will become famous soon enough. (+50) gbardahl will become famous soon enough. (+50) gbardahl will become famous soon enough. (+50) gbardahl will become famous soon enough. (+50) gbardahl will become famous soon enough. (+50) gbardahl will become famous soon enough. (+50) gbardahl will become famous soon enough. (+50) gbardahl will become famous soon enough. (+50) gbardahl will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    "Your metabolism shuts down" ======THIS MAKES NO SENSE!!! DO MORE RESEARCH!!!
    ^^Former 300+lb Crew^^

"Conquer your mind...Conquer your dreams"
    Nov 2006:370 pounds
    Oct 2011: ???

CHECK OUT: My "Stop F%***ing Around" Training Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125087501

CHECK OUT: MY TRANSFORMATION...(MOTIVATION/DETERMINATION/DEDICATION)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136245241

EL37 is just really nice. (+1000) EL37 is just really nice. (+1000) EL37 is just really nice. (+1000) EL37 is just really nice. (+1000) EL37 is just really nice. (+1000) EL37 is just really nice. (+1000) EL37 is just really nice. (+1000) EL37 is just really nice. (+1000) EL37 is just really nice. (+1000) EL37 is just really nice. (+1000) EL37 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by gbardahl View Post
    "Your metabolism shuts down" ======THIS MAKES NO SENSE!!! DO MORE RESEARCH!!!
    I think what he is attempting to say is that your metabolism does not get to it's optimal speed because it is not in use, however most competent studies nowadays say a glass of lemon water 5-20 minutes before breakfast (this is enough time to get your shower out of the way before breakfast, so you don't really lose time, you will just be hungry for a couple more minutes, in case anyone was going to bring time into it) will make your metabolism speed up a little bit and get ready to use the calories you end up taking in from breakfast.

figures...i wonder what goes through peoples heads...."im gonna listen to Oprah instead of trying to get some real nutritional advice."......typical American ideology tho...the most readily available information(whats on TV) is accepted as truth 99% of the time
    Lol, look at Oprah now, she is nothing less than obese. You wanna get an American to quit smoking? Start writing "not a low-fat food" on cigarettes.

gbardahl will become famous soon enough. (+50) gbardahl will become famous soon enough. (+50) gbardahl will become famous soon enough. (+50) gbardahl will become famous soon enough. (+50) gbardahl will become famous soon enough. (+50) gbardahl will become famous soon enough. (+50) gbardahl will become famous soon enough. (+50) gbardahl will become famous soon enough. (+50) gbardahl will become famous soon enough. (+50) gbardahl will become famous soon enough. (+50) gbardahl will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by EL37 View Post
    I think what he is attempting to say is that your metabolism does not get to it's optimal speed because it is not in use, however most competent studies nowadays say a glass of lemon water 5-20 minutes before breakfast (this is enough time to get your shower out of the way before breakfast, so you don't really lose time, you will just be hungry for a couple more minutes, in case anyone was going to bring time into it) will make your metabolism speed up a little bit and get ready to use the calories you end up taking in from breakfast.

"I think what he is attempting to say is that your metabolism does not get to it's optimal speed because it is not in use"

Bro your metabolism is the sum of all chemical rxns in your body hence it never is not in use because your body is constanly building and breaking things down(probably most important is at night when your sleeping because your body is repairing from the day). The only reason your metabolism would be slowed is because there is not enough energy for these reactions to occur ( poor nutrition) or sometimes it genetics.
    ^^Former 300+lb Crew^^

"Conquer your mind...Conquer your dreams"
    Nov 2006:370 pounds
    Oct 2011: ???

CHECK OUT: My "Stop F%***ing Around" Training Journal
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125087501

CHECK OUT: MY TRANSFORMATION...(MOTIVATION/DETERMINATION/DEDICATION)
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136245241

iPerfectDark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iPerfectDark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iPerfectDark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iPerfectDark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iPerfectDark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iPerfectDark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iPerfectDark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iPerfectDark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iPerfectDark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iPerfectDark has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by gbardahl View Post
    "I think what he is attempting to say is that your metabolism does not get to it's optimal speed because it is not in use"

Bro your metabolism is the sum of all chemical rxns in your body hence it never is not in use because your body is constanly building and breaking things down(probably most important is at night when your sleeping because your body is repairing from the day). The only reason your metabolism would be slowed is because there is not enough energy for these reactions to occur ( poor nutrition) or sometimes it genetics.
    Your metabolism will slow during the night. It won't stop, but lets not get a hardon over thinking that it continues as it does during the day. If you are running, or eating, then your metabolism will be running faster.

bigkris2007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) bigkris2007 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i was told that eatting cottage cheese was kind of like drinking casein. Is that correct or was I given false information?
    Start weight 373 LBS on march 4th 09 (video games are the devil)
    First break July 25 09- 283- 90 pounds lost
    Restart Nov 1st 09- 268-105 pounds lost

Next goal 240lbs
    Final goal is 8% body fat

I pride myself that when I come out the gym no one in there worked harder then I did and it takes all I can do just to drive home.

Jimspeed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimspeed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimspeed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimspeed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimspeed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimspeed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimspeed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimspeed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimspeed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimspeed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jimspeed has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I take 2scoops of my on whey like an hour or two before bed to keep me from being too hungry as i sleep.

pmpimbura has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pmpimbura has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pmpimbura has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pmpimbura has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pmpimbura has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pmpimbura has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pmpimbura has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pmpimbura has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pmpimbura has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pmpimbura has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) pmpimbura has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    This is one of the articles I've read that best sums up the reason to drink casein at night. Not sure if cottage cheese fits the bill.

http://www.mens-total-fitness.com/casein-protein.html

PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by bigkris2007 View Post
    i was told that eatting cottage cheese was kind of like drinking casein. Is that correct or was I given false information?
    Eating cottage cheese is a good form of slow digesting casein. But make sure you get the low fat cottage cheese, the other stuff can have alot of fats in it, but just make sure you stay within your calories for the day, and the right ammount of macro's for the day also and you'll be fine.

Casein protein I think is a good investment. $30-$40 for a 2 or 3 pound tub, and you only have one scoop at night, it will last a long time. If you are just going to have the whey protein, drink it with some skim milk. This will help slow the digestion. Or put it in a blender with natural peanut butter and a tablespoon of whipping cream, the fats will also help slow the digestion.
    A year from now, you’ll wish you started today.

iBleedGreen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iBleedGreen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iBleedGreen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iBleedGreen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iBleedGreen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iBleedGreen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iBleedGreen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) iBleedGreen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by JackC1027 View Post
    Eating cottage cheese is a good form of slow digesting casein. But make sure you get the low fat cottage cheese, the other stuff can have alot of fats in it, but just make sure you stay within your calories for the day, and the right ammount of macro's for the day also and you'll be fine.

Casein protein I think is a good investment. $30-$40 for a 2 or 3 pound tub, and you only have one scoop at night, it will last a long time. If you are just going to have the whey protein, drink it with some skim milk. This will help slow the digestion. Or put it in a blender with natural peanut butter and a tablespoon of whipping cream, the fats will also help slow the digestion.
    I would just go with non fat cottage cheese instead of low fat, tastes pretty much the same when I ate it (either will be gross, lol).

Def buy casein protein, I'm drinking ON Gold Standard Creamy Vanilla Casein right now, pretty tasty, even when mixed with water

PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) PoGo86 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by iBleedGreen View Post
    I would just go with non fat cottage cheese instead of low fat, tastes pretty much the same when I ate it (either will be gross, lol).

Def buy casein protein, I'm drinking ON Gold Standard Creamy Vanilla Casein right now, pretty tasty, even when mixed with water
    Mmmm.... ON's Casein is delicious protein. I think the flavor I have is Chocolate Supreme or something like that, and it's great.
    A year from now, you’ll wish you started today.

Silleli is on a distinguished road. (+10) Silleli is on a distinguished road. (+10) Silleli is on a distinguished road. (+10) Silleli is on a distinguished road. (+10) Silleli is on a distinguished road. (+10) Silleli is on a distinguished road. (+10) Silleli is on a distinguished road. (+10) Silleli is on a distinguished road. (+10) Silleli is on a distinguished road. (+10) Silleli is on a distinguished road. (+10) Silleli is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by JackC1027 View Post
    Mmmm.... ON's Casein is delicious protein. I think the flavor I have is Chocolate Supreme or something like that, and it's great.
    Ya, when cutting I combine 1 scoop of ON casein and 1 scoop of ON whey with 3/4 cup of water for a puddling like meal. Whatever you do, don't get the banana flavor of ON's casein. It takes like paint.

Actual:

September 1, 2008: 170 lbs and 15% bf

December 31, 2008: 190 lbs and 18% bf

April 30, 2009: 165 lbs and 11% bf

Goals:

June 23, 2009: 155 lbs and 9% bf

July 2009 = Maintenance phase

August 2009 to December 2009 = Bulking

January 2010 to May 2010 = Cutting

joeedoom is on a distinguished road. (+10) joeedoom is on a distinguished road. (+10) joeedoom is on a distinguished road. (+10) joeedoom is on a distinguished road. (+10) joeedoom is on a distinguished road. (+10) joeedoom is on a distinguished road. (+10) joeedoom is on a distinguished road. (+10) joeedoom is on a distinguished road. (+10) joeedoom is on a distinguished road. (+10) joeedoom is on a distinguished road. (+10) joeedoom is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    the not eating after 6pm was directed at carbs iirc, though for those in the know it should be directed at anythng that can create a glycogen spike because we have a a natural body clock and at that time we are starting to slow down. this includes your metabolism. thus, if you create a glycogen spike later on in the day, more of that glycogen will be converted to fat.

remember that your body starves through the night without food. worse still is that it will feed from your muscles before fat stores.

BUT keep it within your macros. and casein is better, it has a lower GI, therefore wont create a glycogen response to the same degree. though to what that degree is, is subjective to the whey/casein and individual.
    Stimulate, not decimate. Recruit, not conscript.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Why thank you, I'd love some reps.