Purekid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Purekid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Purekid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Purekid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Purekid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Purekid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Purekid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Purekid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Purekid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Purekid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Purekid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How do YOU measure bodyfat?

It's not worth to get a scale that measures weight and bodyfat together is it? Will they be inaccurate- for example; http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ozeri-Bathro...0596951&sr=8-8

Could someone please recommend a product they use to measure bodyfat fat, and if so a link to it.

germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Why do you want to know?

The only way to get an accurate measurement is a DEXA scan.
    Sports Science & Health Undergraduate

You don't always get what you wish for,
    You get what you work for.

Bite off more than you can chew,
    Then Chew it!

Twitter: @MarkGermaine

"It's at the borders of pain and suffering that the men are separated from the boys." - Emil Zatopek

Purekid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Purekid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Purekid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Purekid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Purekid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Purekid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Purekid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Purekid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Purekid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Purekid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Purekid has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by germaine07 View Post
    Why do you want to know?

The only way to get an accurate measurement is a DEXA scan.
    I want to measure my bodyfat reasonably accurately, and was wondering whether that scale is worth it?

justin0202 is on a distinguished road. (+10) justin0202 is on a distinguished road. (+10) justin0202 is on a distinguished road. (+10) justin0202 is on a distinguished road. (+10) justin0202 is on a distinguished road. (+10) justin0202 is on a distinguished road. (+10) justin0202 is on a distinguished road. (+10) justin0202 is on a distinguished road. (+10) justin0202 is on a distinguished road. (+10) justin0202 is on a distinguished road. (+10) justin0202 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Purekid View Post
    I want to measure my bodyfat reasonably accurately, and was wondering whether that scale is worth it?
    go buy a fat caliper cheap and easy

Sineck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by justin0202 View Post
    go buy a fat caliper cheap and easy
    This.

Then simply use a body fat calculator. There are a few of them, but Google will help you out.

It's very simple

germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000) germaine07 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It's not.

Originally Posted by Sineck View Post
    This.

Then simply use a body fat calculator. There are a few of them, but Google will help you out.

It's very simple
    Body Fat Calculators suck.

Then Chew it!

"It's at the borders of pain and suffering that the men are separated from the boys." - Emil Zatopek

It's not.

Will try using fat caliper, guess it's the best measure for people who don't have access to more advanced methods. What do you suggest?

Will try using fat caliper, guess it's the best measure for people who don't have access to more advanced methods. What do you suggest?
    Even the calipers can be a few % off. They can be good in tracking body fat % changes but not at giving you your exact bodyfat %.

The thing is though, there is no need to know your BF %.

Then Chew it!

Even the calipers can be a few % off. They can be good in tracking body fat % changes but not at giving you your exact bodyfat %.

For me there is, I want to see on my bulk how much is actual fat, and how much muscle. It helps track my progression.

Also, am looking for a decent pair of scales to measure weight

Mishka98 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mishka98 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mishka98 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mishka98 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mishka98 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mishka98 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mishka98 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mishka98 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mishka98 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mishka98 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Mishka98 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Most gyms usually have calipers and/or other stuff to measure it for you. If you have a membership, just ask them.
    "Mishka"
    Atlanta, GA
    Weights 5 days/wk. Clean eating.
    2/12/13 - found out we're PREGNANT! Due October 24!

midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) midcoastking33 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Scales are notoriously awful, and the user error for calipers makes them unreliable. Best bet is to post pictures and get opinions on where people think you're at

For me there is, I want to see on my bulk how much is actual fat, and how much muscle. It helps track my progression.

Also, am looking for a decent pair of scales to measure weight
    I'd recommend using the mirror to judge. If you look like you're gaining to much fat, cut it back a bit.

Then Chew it!

Originally Posted by midcoastking33 View Post
    Scales are notoriously awful, and the user error for calipers makes them unreliable. Best bet is to post pictures and get opinions on where people think you're at
    It's really hard to tell for someone as skinny as me when I have increased in weight. Hence the use of scales, if my weight is increasing I know to stay at that level of calories....So really do need to invest in a decent scale.

upchuck1383 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) upchuck1383 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) upchuck1383 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) upchuck1383 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) upchuck1383 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) upchuck1383 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) upchuck1383 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) upchuck1383 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) upchuck1383 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) upchuck1383 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) upchuck1383 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Calipers are a good way to measure change for sure. The key is however to have someone experienced do it. And only that person to keep consistency. As far as tracking fat, just do body measurements. A waist or hip growing faster then a bicep for example is a good sign fat gain>muscle. I am personally trying to kick the scale habit(struggling currently) as they are the devil. Body weight changes so much for a variety of reasons it can screw with your head big time. Pictures and measurements are the right way I think.
    Rangers Lead The Way!
    Sua Sponte

PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PBateman2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Just get an Accu-Measure BF caliper. Easy and inexpensive. Takes practice. Good link here for learning how to measure:

http://www.muscleandstrength.com/too...-calipers.html

How your clothes fit, waist measurements, mirror, progress pics, etc.. all good tools as well. Use as many as you can.
    BRAINS & GAINS

Strong Mind + Strong Body = UNSTOPPABLE

SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SugarFree1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Try bodpod.com to see if there is a testing location in your area. I find this to be one of the best and most convient tests now available even compared to dexa.

racedoc is just really nice. (+1000) racedoc is just really nice. (+1000) racedoc is just really nice. (+1000) racedoc is just really nice. (+1000) racedoc is just really nice. (+1000) racedoc is just really nice. (+1000) racedoc is just really nice. (+1000) racedoc is just really nice. (+1000) racedoc is just really nice. (+1000) racedoc is just really nice. (+1000) racedoc is just really nice. (+1000)
    It's not worth to get a scale that measures weight and bodyfat together is it? Will they be inaccurate- for example; http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ozeri-Bathro...0596951&sr=8-8

Could someone please recommend a product they use to measure bodyfat fat, and if so a link to it.
    I actually use one of the scales with impedance BF testing. It does have drawbacks for sure and can vary quite a bit based on your level of hydration, but I've found it helpful if used to determine trending patterns as comparison over time. I agree how clothes fit and the mirror have been the best for appearance however. Good luck!

Sineck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It's not.

Not really when you got your measurements ready.

devilbones has the mod powerz devilbones has the mod powerz devilbones has the mod powerz devilbones has the mod powerz devilbones has the mod powerz devilbones has the mod powerz devilbones has the mod powerz devilbones has the mod powerz devilbones has the mod powerz devilbones has the mod powerz devilbones has the mod powerz

For some people it is required to keep their job they remain below a certain percentage of BF.
    USMC/USN Crew
    MWC

JessTheBody is on a distinguished road. (+10) JessTheBody is on a distinguished road. (+10) JessTheBody is on a distinguished road. (+10) JessTheBody is on a distinguished road. (+10) JessTheBody is on a distinguished road. (+10) JessTheBody is on a distinguished road. (+10) JessTheBody is on a distinguished road. (+10) JessTheBody is on a distinguished road. (+10) JessTheBody is on a distinguished road. (+10) JessTheBody is on a distinguished road. (+10) JessTheBody is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Measuring bodyfat is ridiculous IMO. If you can judge your progress or results based off how you look in the mirror, feel, or even what the scale says then take a step back.

The whole "how much bodyfat do you have" thing just plays minds games
    Follow me on Instagram at ladsonj

Christiffer is a name known to all. (+5000) Christiffer is a name known to all. (+5000) Christiffer is a name known to all. (+5000) Christiffer is a name known to all. (+5000) Christiffer is a name known to all. (+5000) Christiffer is a name known to all. (+5000) Christiffer is a name known to all. (+5000) Christiffer is a name known to all. (+5000) Christiffer is a name known to all. (+5000) Christiffer is a name known to all. (+5000) Christiffer is a name known to all. (+5000)
    As everyone has stated, the mirror is the cheapest and best way!! As long as your happy with what you see than who cares about some % numbers.
    [If It Fits Your Macros Crew] - U Mad?

"Those who have different eating habit don't force everyone else to eat like them, yet everyone else makes their lives difficult. That's some close-minded sh*t right there"-MikeK

tovtov has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tovtov has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tovtov has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tovtov has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tovtov has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tovtov has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tovtov has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tovtov has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tovtov has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tovtov has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) tovtov has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Scales do not work. Period. They are simply random number generators.
    Besides who needs to know his exact bf percentage??
    Look in the mirror. Too fat? Cut. Too skinny? Bulk.