Closed Thread
Page 252 of 314 FirstFirst ... 152 202 242 250 251 252 253 254 262 302 ... LastLast
Results 7,531 to 7,560 of 9409
    Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lou1se has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    That was a solid training session!

Trash those legs tomorrow :-)

All my PRs are history HoustonTXMuscle's Avatar
    HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Bo_Flecks View Post
    Saturday 1/5/13- Chest/Biceps "B Week" Rotation ...

Chest Workout
    Incline Dumbbell Bench Press:
    Weight increased by 10lbs. Performed at a 30 degree bench angle.
    Incline Dumbbell Flyes:
    Weight increased by 5lbs. Performed at a 30 degree bench angle using the classic "hug the tree" form.
    Decline Dumbbell Bench Press
    Weight increased by 5lbs. Performed at a 30 degree decline.

Bicep Workout
    Tricep Bar Spider Curls:
    Weight increased by 15lbs. Chest supported at a 45 degree angle. Using a total hang at the bottom to stretch the bis, and then pulling the bar to the apex. Slow, controlled negative.
    Dumbbell Spider Concentration Curls
    Weight increased by 10lbs. Chest supported at a 45 degree angle. Using a total hang at the bottom and working both dumbbells simultaneously to get a good squeeze at the top.
    Barbell Reverse Curls
    Weight increased by 20lbs. Chest supported to protect my lower back.

Forearm Workout
    Wrist Curls:
    Continuing the forearm rehab work. Performed with a barbell with my wrists facing up.

Final Thoughts
    The wheelz are on tap for tomorrow. Looking forward to it.
    Great numbers and impressive increases all around, Steve.
    Inactivity Kills!!!

My journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140991491 Age is NOT an acceptable excuse.

Played with dinosaurs as a child. Back then everyone was thin; it was a matter of out-running the raptors or being one of their meals.

Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Sunday 1/6/13- Legs "B Week" Rotation

Leg press-Wide Foot Position
    8x665
    8x665
    8x665
    8x665

Leg press-Narrow Foot Position
    10x570
    10x570
    10x570

Leg press-Medium Foot Position
    10x550
    10x550
    10x550

Lying Leg Curls
    10x60
    10x60
    10x60
    10x60

Glute-Ham Raise
    12xBW
    12xBW
    12xBW

Leg Press Calf Raises w/Toes turned out
    15x600
    15x600
    15x600
    15x600

Leg Press Calf Presses w/Toes in
    15x600
    15x600
    15x600
    15x600

Crush The Visual Weakness
    4 sets of hi-rep leg extensions

Observations
    I tweaked my lower back yesterday as I was cleaning up my gym and racking the weights for the day. So some adjustments had to be made to this workout because of that.

Quad Workout
    Leg Press: Wide Foot Position
    Weight increased by 15lbs. Heels are about 15 inches apart with the quads coming down well to the outside of my chest at the bottom of the movement.
    Leg Press: Narrow Foot Position
    Weight increased by 20lbs. Heels are about 3 inches apart with the quads coming down and pressing against my chest at the bottom of the movement.
    Leg press-Medium Foot Position:
    Heels are about 8 inches apart with the quads coming down well to the outside of my chest at the bottom of the movement. I substituted this one in place of the usual hack squats to protect my tweaked lower back.

Hamstring Workout
    Lying Leg Curls:
    Steady cadence with a short hold at the top and a slow negative.
    Glute-Ham Raise:
    Slow rep cadence on this one to totally focus on how the hammies pulling. Wide knee position which brings a little more of the upper hamstrings into play.

Calf Workout
    Leg Press Calf Presses- Toes turned out:
    Gastrocnemius focused.
    Leg Press Calf Presses- Toes in:
    Tibialis focused.

Final Thoughts
    Despite the adjustments, the wheelz feel thoroughly worked.

ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Strong work Steve, I see bigger better wheelz a' comin'. Watch that back.

Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    That's a whole lot of pressing! How do the quads feel this morning?

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    It seems like any time guys posts out in the O35 these days about the special circumstances of competitors, it is hit with responses about being elitist.
    I think that's just the nature of the beast, Steve. The majority of posters in the O35 aren't really hardcore (I feel like an elitist myself by posting this, but it's just the facts). But that's okay, really; everyone posting there has their own goals and agenda.

The guys who really understand the concept of constant improvement and the unending quest for it, they know where you're coming from.

Layne Norton says that you are very susceptible to viruses right around contest time and right after due to your immune system being weakened by the severity of the cut.
    This is absolutely true. It's also the immune system that's responsible for repairing the tissue damage caused by hard training, putting even more of a load the body's recovery resources.

With my three little ones, there is always one of them bringing some sort of a sneezing, runny nose, coughing thing home. Last year, I was blessed with not catching any of it from them. Year before-last was a lot like this year. I never really know what to expect.
    There's no way around this. We deal with it here when the grandkids are visiting; at least one of them is always coughing/sneezing. About the best we can do is have 'em "cover up" a sneeze, and try to keep hands washed.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Smolovian apprentice mharrislove's Avatar
    mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by ljimd View Post
    Strong work Steve, I see bigger better wheelz a' comin'.
    ^^^This. Keep up the focused attack.
    "First train the mind, then the body."

Made from all-natural products since 1968...no gear, no HRT, no prohormones.

Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Bo_Flecks has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by -=FLEX=- View Post
    Nice work. Did these today too but I was only using the 35s. 50's is darn beastly.
    Doing the dumbbell spiders and the tricep bar spiders in the chest supported position really makes it a lot easier to handle heavier weight. I am not exactly sure why, but I could not even begin to handle those weights in a more upright and unsupported position.

Whatever it is, it allows me to force the biceps to move more weight without forearm tendon and lower back issues.

Originally Posted by BergMuscle View Post
    Lots of my favorite chest and bicep exercises there. Great job getting the weight increases. Dumbbell Spider Concentration Curls sound interesting - but, like Flex said, I wouldn't pull 50's.
    The dumbbell spiders really allow me to squeeze the bicep at the top a lot more than any other movement. That is why I have them in both the A week and B week rotation. I think they are going to have a decent impact on my arm development by next year.

Originally Posted by Lou1se View Post
    That was a solid training session!

Trash those legs tomorrow :-)
    I love my weekend training sessions. I am always ready for rest day on Monday, too.

Originally Posted by HoustonTXMuscle View Post
    Great numbers and impressive increases all around, Steve.
    By the end of this week, I will be at the point where I have moved all of my working weights to the top of my ability level, and increases will need to be micro-loaded from there on in. Weight increases will be between 2lbs and 5lbs after this week.

Originally Posted by ljimd View Post
    Strong work Steve, I see bigger better wheelz a' comin'. Watch that back.
    The back outage was minor, but annoying. I probably could have done the hacks on Sunday, but chose to err on the safe side by skipping them and going to another variation of leg presses.

At this point I think my S1 is firing some warning shots at me that I am doing too much unsupported leg work with the barbell squats on Thursday and the SLDLs on Sunday. I will be considering an adjustment over the next few days.

Originally Posted by Vytis View Post
    That's a whole lot of pressing! How do the quads feel this morning?
    The quads felt worked to about the exact level I wanted. Not too sore, but sore enough to let me know that they did not just cruise through it.

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    I think that's just the nature of the beast, Steve. The majority of posters in the O35 aren't really hardcore (I feel like an elitist myself by posting this, but it's just the facts). But that's okay, really; everyone posting there has their own goals and agenda.

The guys who really understand the concept of constant improvement and the unending quest for it, they know where you're coming from.
    Yep. I just pick and choose to post sparingly. Right now the O35 is just mostly beginner and troll posts.

This is absolutely true. It's also the immune system that's responsible for repairing the tissue damage caused by hard training, putting even more of a load the body's recovery resources.

There's no way around this. We deal with it here when the grandkids are visiting; at least one of them is always coughing/sneezing. About the best we can do is have 'em "cover up" a sneeze, and try to keep hands washed.
    I had to bring my oldest boy home early from school yesterday. He has caught some kind of a stomach virus and has been throwing up. Hopefully do not have that in my future, too. I am just now feeling normal again.

Originally Posted by mharrislove View Post
    ^^^This. Keep up the focused attack.
    That is the plan. While I am not neglecting any muscle groups, there is certainly a focus being placed on the wheelz and a couple of other weaknesses.

Tuesday 1/8/13- Back/Triceps/Abs/Calves "B Week" Rotation

Wide Grip Pull Ups
    8xBW+35
    8xBW+35
    8xBW+35
    8xBW+35

One Arm Dumbbell Rows
    10x85
    10x85
    10x85

V- Grip Pull-ups
    10xBW+35
    10xBW+35
    10xBW+35

Decline Close Grip Bench Press
    10xBW+52 1/2
    10xBW+52 1/2
    10xBW+52 1/2
    10xBW+52 1/2

OH Dumbbell Tricep Extensions
    12x85
    12x85
    12x85

Close Grip Bench Press
    12x175
    12x175
    12x175

Hanging Knee Raises
    15xBW
    15xBW
    15xBW

Decline Crunches
    30xBW
    30xBW
    30xBW

Seated Calf Raises
    15x250
    15x250
    15x250

4 sets of hi-rep dumbbell pullovers

Observations
    Almost all of the weights were increased and set at the top of my ability for the intended rep scheme. A couple of the sets felt really heavy today.

Back Workout
    Wide Grip Pull Ups:
    Weight increased by 5lbs. Wide grip, working to flare the lats out as much as possible at the bottom of this movement.
    One Arm Dumbbell Rows:
    Weight increased by 5lbs. Controlling the cadence of the reps to keep as much tension on the lats as possible.
    V-Grip Pull-ups
    Weight increased by 15lbs. Really just a hammer grip pull-up, flaring the lats out as much as possible at the bottom of this movement.

Tricep Workout
    Weighted Tricep Dips:
    Weight increased by 2 1/2lbs. Concentrating on keeping constant tension on the triceps.
    OH Dumbbell Tricep Extensions:
    Weight increased by 5lbs. The staple for working the medial head of the tricep. Very little forearm tendon stress at this angle.
    Close Grip Bench Press
    Weight increased by 20lbs. Hands about 10 inches apart, and elbows coming right down along my rib cage.

Direct Ab Work
    Hanging Knee Raises
    Reps increased. Knees straight ahead, focusing on pulling with the abs
    Decline Crunches
    Reps increased. Trying to really burn the abs here.

Calf Workout
    Seated Calf Raises:
    Soleus focused calf work.

Final Thoughts
    I am still in the experimentation phase with some things and I am not completely sold on what I am doing. There will probably be some adjustments here and there over the next few weeks.

Thursday 1/10/13- Shoulders/Traps/Legs "B Week" Rotation

Seated Overhead Barbell Press
    8x190
    8x190
    8x190
    8x190

Tricep Bar Front Raise
    10x55
    10x55
    10x55

Bent Lateral Raises
    10x40
    10x40
    10x40

Medium Grip Barbell Shrugs
    10x255
    10x255
    10x255
    10x255

Seated Dumbbell Shrugs
    12x82 1/2
    12x82 1/2
    12x82 1/2

Leg press-Medium Foot Position
    15x500
    15x500
    15x500
    15x500

Lying Leg Curls
    15x55
    15x55
    15x55

Calf Presses
    30x300
    30x300
    30x300

4 sets of hi-rep upright rows

Observations
    Typical mass gaining phase training. I made some fairly decent progress this week.

Shoulder Workout
    Seated Overhead Barbell Press:
    Weight increased by 5lbs. Bringing the bar down just below my chin until the backs of my arms go past the parallel plane. Any deeper than this and my delts disengage and my triceps take over.
    Barbell Front Raises:
    New exercise to try and put more emphasis on the front delts. Performed with a tricep bar with the hands in the hammer position. Raising the bar to just above shoulder level, and then controlling a slow negative for the burn. This one showed some promise today.
    Bent Lateral Raises:
    Weight increased by 5lbs. Chest supported at a 30 degree angle. Concentrating on pulling the dumbbells up with the elbows, forcing the work to be done by the rear delts.

Trap Workout
    Medium Grip Barbell Shrugs:
    Weight increased by 5lbs. Chest supported at a 60 degree angle forcing the traps to pull a little more from the top. Holding and squeezing..
    Seated Dumbbell Shrugs:
    Weight increased by 2 1/2lbs. Dumbbells brought around a little more to the back to try and focus on the top of my traps. Performed seated on my SuperBench, back supported at an 80 degree angle.

Legs
    Leg press-Medium Foot Position:
    I rotated this one in today to take place of the barbell squats since my back was tweaked earlier in the week. Heels are about 8 inches apart with the quads coming down well to the outside of my chest at the bottom of the movement. I substituted this one in place of the usual hack squats to protect my tweaked lower back.

Lying Leg Curls:
    Controlled cadence with a short hold at the top and a slow negative.
    Calf Presses:
    Hi rep work with the feet together and toes straight forward to hit the belly of the calves.

Final Thoughts
    The viruses I had over the last few weeks exposed an issue with my heart that I am having looked into. I had blood work and a specialist appointment yesterday, and another appointment coming up on Tuesday. Hopefully by Tuesday, I will have some resolution to this issue.

Until then, training will continue as normal.

bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) bamazav has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Will be praying?
    David, a 56 year old pastor, husband and father.

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified

Best Lifts - Squat 375lbs Bench 205 lbs Deadlift 470lbs. Goals in next year? Be the best Me I can be.

drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) drudixon has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Final Thoughts
    The viruses I had over the last few weeks exposed an issue with my heart that I am having looked into. I had blood work and a specialist appointment yesterday, and another appointment coming up on Tuesday. Hopefully by Tuesday, I will have some resolution to this issue.

Until then, training will continue as normal.
    Didn't want to come in and have to read that I hope it checks out ok. It may be one of those things that's it's really good to catch it now. Best of luck. Well wishes coming your way.
    B: 285
    S: 375
    D: 555

bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) bustasinclair has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Stay strong brother.....hope all goes well with the heart!

Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vytis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I hope the tests go well....

I've been living with a PVC arrhythmia since I've been a kid myself. I hope your issue is even less serious than mine...

mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) mharrislove has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by bustasinclair View Post
    x2...sending positive thoughts your way, brother in iron.

securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) securekey is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Seems like you are having a run of bad luck so far this year I hope things turn around soon.

There is no doubt in my mind that you will overcome whatever this year brings ... and achieve your goals. Strong and focused as always.

stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000) stayfit2008 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    2009 NGA Masters Pro Bodybuilder and Athlete.

"I dont stop when Im tired,..I stop when Im done"

baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) baker has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Best of luck SteBo.
    Where the mind goes the body follows.

IG @imbakes
    MFP bakerjb19

OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Nice to see there are still a few guys posting on this board who actually *want* to look like bodybuilders.
    "I'm a street walking cheetah with a heart full of napalm." -Iggy and The Stooges

Stay Strong all year long alex2363's Avatar
    alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000) alex2363 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Stebo, you have a big heart in life and sport, so i know u will overcome this little bump on your road to numero 1
    IIFYM crews ....I Reps back.
    Traditional Wet Shave Crew / I can't hardly wait for tomorrow to come so I can lift then Wet Shave again.

Originally Posted by OutOfStep View Post
    Nice to see there are still a few guys posting on this board who actually *want* to look like bodybuilders.
    I've been slogging through some health crap for the last two months, but the goal has not changed. I am working to build a natty physique that will bring as many cheap plastic trophies home as possible. Nothing more, nothing less.

^^^^ looks lonely in my trophy case and needs a lot more company .

Originally Posted by bamazav View Post
    Will be praying?
    Originally Posted by drudixon View Post
    Didn't want to come in and have to read that I hope it checks out ok. It may be one of those things that's it's really good to catch it now. Best of luck. Well wishes coming your way.
    Originally Posted by bustasinclair View Post
    Originally Posted by Vytis View Post
    I hope the tests go well....

I've been living with a PVC arrhythmia since I've been a kid myself. I hope your issue is even less serious than mine...
    x2...sending positive thoughts your way, brother in iron.
    Originally Posted by securekey View Post
    Seems like you are having a run of bad luck so far this year I hope things turn around soon.

There is no doubt in my mind that you will overcome whatever this year brings ... and achieve your goals. Strong and focused as always.
    Originally Posted by stayfit2008 View Post
    [img]http://durhamregionalhospital.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/heart-lifting-weights.jpg[img]
    Originally Posted by baker View Post
    Best of luck SteBo.
    Originally Posted by alex2363 View Post
    Stebo, you have a big heart in life and sport, so i know u will overcome this little bump on your road to numero 1
    Thanks, guys.

I had mentioned it a couple of times in my training write-ups that the viruses exposed some heart rhythm problems during (and sometimes after) my training. This is nothing new, and something that I have been dealing with since my mid-thirties.

When I had the heart procedure a few years ago, the doc told me I was cured of the SVTs but that I would continue to have the palpitations. I have been on a light dose of meds for the palpitations to keep them at bay since then. My guess is that all that needs to be done is have a med correction. It is probably time since I have been on the original med for 6 years.

While the palpitations are annoying and very frustrating, they are harmless. My main concern is finding a new med that does not cause unwanted side effects that screw with my training goals.

I will find out on Tuesday the results of the tests I recently had done, and hopefully a new med will be prescribed and I will be back in business. Until Tuesday, I plan to continue training as normal. I never really know how mild or moderate the palpitations will be, so I will just have to deal with it until then.

Teacher and Bodybuilder BergMuscle's Avatar
    BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BergMuscle has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Train strong and smart, iron brother.

The Cake Is A Lie! StressMonkey's Avatar
    StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) StressMonkey has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I will find out on Tuesday the results of the tests I recently had done, and hopefully a new med will be prescribed and I will be back in business. Until Tuesday, I plan to continue training as normal. I never really know how mild or moderate the palpitations will be, so I will just have to deal with it until then.
    Good luck on Tuesday.
    There will come a day when I tire of listening to 80's music. That day is not today.

I Really Miss The Old BodySpace

-O35 5'8" Crew- -Karl_Hungus Crew-

Saturday 1/12/13- Chest/Biceps "A Week" Rotation

Incline Barbell Bench Press
    8x227
    8x227
    8x227
    8x227

Decline Barbell Bench Press
    10x187
    10x187
    10x187

Incline Dumbbell Flyes
    10x75
    10x75
    10x75

Incline DB Curls
    10x47
    10x47
    10x47
    10x47

Tricep Bar Spider Curls
    12x145
    12x145
    12x145

Spider Concentration Curls
    12x47
    12x47
    12x47

Wrist Curls
    10x95
    10x95
    10x95

Observations
    Solid training session today.

Chest Workout
    Incline Barbell Bench Press:
    Weight increased by 2lbs. Bench angle set at a 30 degree incline, and hands 2 inches wider than before. Controlled reps focusing on working the pecs with the weight.
    Decline Barbell Bench Press
    Weight increased by 2lbs. Bench angle set at a30 degree decline. Dropping the bar just below my sternum.
    Incline Dumbbell Flyes:
    Weight increased by 5lbs. Bench angle set at a 30 degree incline. Hug the tree form to concentrate totally on the pecs.

Bicep Workout
    Incline DB Curls
    Weight increased by 2lbs. The bench angle is at 60 degrees. I started the dumbbells at the bottom in the hammer position and put a quarter twist on them as I raised them to their apex.
    Tricep Bar Spider Curls:
    Weight increased by 5lbs. Chest supported at a 45 degree angle. Using a total hang at the bottom to stretch the bis, and then pulling the bar to the apex. This is my heavy work for the biceps to try and add size.
    Spider Concentration Curls
    Weight increased by 2lbs. Chest supported at a 45 degree angle. Using a total hang working both dumbbells simultaneously and getting a good squeeze at the top.

Forearm Workout
    Wrist Curls:
    Continuing the rehab work on my forearm tendons.

Final Thoughts
    Looking forward to hammering the wheelz tomorrow.

Home gym 'til I die. ProtienandIron's Avatar
    ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Best of luck to you Steve, I hope those meds sort things out.
    My training log:
    ---------------
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153596291&p=1062453741#post1062453741

[]---[] Equipment Crew #43 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #1 -!!!---!!!-
    ()---() York Barbell Club #4 ()---()

Serious reps as usual, Bo; looking forward to the upcoming leg workout.

VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz VoxExMachina has the mod powerz
    Solid looking workout, Steve. Glad to see you're back in the groove.

Sorry to hear about the palpitations. Both my wife and I sometimes get odd rhythms, skipped beats, etc. Comes and goes based on accumulated fatigue, for me. Too many nights with lack of sleep and it'll crop up. Really freaked me out when it first happened, but I've learned to live with it.
    ☠ By reading this post, you have agreed to my negative reputation terms of service.

Originally Posted by BergMuscle View Post
    Train strong and smart, iron brother.
    Always!

Originally Posted by StressMonkey View Post
    Good luck on Tuesday.
    The whole onset of this thing kind of reminds me of when I started having a lot of trouble with the SVTs. At least this time I know I have the proper diagnosis to work with. Should not really be a big deal. One of the electro-cardio physiologists I went to a few years ago told me that meds have to be modified from time to time. I guess it is just that time.

Originally Posted by ProtienandIron View Post
    Best of luck to you Steve, I hope those meds sort things out.
    I am pretty sure a modification in meds will. I have given it enough time to sort itself out on its own and that really did not happen, so it is time to take the next step.

Serious reps as usual, Bo; looking forward to the upcoming leg workout.
    Leg day used to be my least favorite workout. Now it is the one I look forward to the most. I guess I have a bit of a sense of urgency where the wheelz are concerned. They were definitely the reason I got beat in October. If I get that shored up, then I can actually be competitive for some titles.

Originally Posted by VoxExMachina View Post
    Solid looking workout, Steve. Glad to see you're back in the groove.

Sorry to hear about the palpitations. Both my wife and I sometimes get odd rhythms, skipped beats, etc. Comes and goes based on accumulated fatigue, for me. Too many nights with lack of sleep and it'll crop up. Really freaked me out when it first happened, but I've learned to live with it.
    Yesterday was the first workout in 8 weeks where my heart did not palpitate. When it happens, it is always after a set when the heart is slowing itself down. It might palpitate once or twice, or it may not do it at all. On a few days, it would do it quite a bit. None of that actually affected the lifts, but was real annoying.

I had the palpitations follow me out of the gym three different times and flop around for a couple of hours in the evening. That really sucked because it made it hard to go to sleep.

Whatever the cause, it is time to look into a med change. Like I said before, this is nothing new for me and ultimately harmless. Just another day in the life of SteBo

Vanguard1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vanguard1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vanguard1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vanguard1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vanguard1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vanguard1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vanguard1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vanguard1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vanguard1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vanguard1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Vanguard1965 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Strong Incline Bench and solid workout. When are you planning to compete again?
    "We all have great inner power. The power is self-faith. There's really an attitude to winning. You have to see yourself winning before you win. And you have to be hungry. You have to conquer."
    - Arnold Schwarzenegger

All my PRs are history HoustonTXMuscle's Avatar
    HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) HoustonTXMuscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Been absent for awhile and sorry to hear about your health problems, Steve. Know how disturbing, annoying and frustrating things like that can be mentally as I've thrown pre-atrial contractions since I was 25 and have never had a normal EKG in all those years. Props for the serious Chest/Bi work yesterday. Wishing you all the best on Tuesday.
    Inactivity Kills!!!

My journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140991491 Age is NOT an acceptable excuse.

Played with dinosaurs as a child. Back then everyone was thin; it was a matter of out-running the raptors or being one of their meals.

Closed Thread
Page 252 of 314 FirstFirst ... 152 202 242 250 251 252 253 254 262 302 ... LastLast