zincpony has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

HELP! 25 Days for 15 Lbs.

OK, soo as the title said i am trying to lose at least 15 lbs in the next 25 days.

I am all ears on everything you have to say, from diet to cardio break down to anything.
    whatever ive tried just hasnt worked in slimming down... im not going out there trying to be i want to be cut in under a month... but im trying to slim/tone down to 180-185 in that t
    time period.

so any and all help would be greatly appreciated

NeedANick is just really nice. (+1000) NeedANick is just really nice. (+1000) NeedANick is just really nice. (+1000) NeedANick is just really nice. (+1000) NeedANick is just really nice. (+1000) NeedANick is just really nice. (+1000) NeedANick is just really nice. (+1000) NeedANick is just really nice. (+1000) NeedANick is just really nice. (+1000) NeedANick is just really nice. (+1000) NeedANick is just really nice. (+1000)
    I hardly doubt you'll be able to.

Unless you're obese, I wouldn't aim for even 10lbs a month, but you can healthily cut some 6lbs, which is halfway there.

Read the link on my signature and the stickies and you'll know everything you have to do to lose that weight.
    -ARRIVE
    -RUSTLE JIMMIES
    -LEAVE

*Furiously packing sht since 1991.

Dimensionally Gifted KingOfChaos's Avatar
    KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) KingOfChaos has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    When are people going to learn that there is no 'fast way' to lose weight?
    http://www.alanaragon.com/
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/
    http://www.leangains.com/

Originally Posted by KingOfChaos View Post
    When are people going to learn that there is no 'fast way' to lose weight?
    im not saying hey guys i wanna go from having a keg to a six pack in a month.

I thought about 4lbs a week was actually a bit high on the expectations but not impossible.

Jonny03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonny03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonny03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonny03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonny03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonny03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonny03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonny03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonny03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonny03 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Jonny03 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Is this a joke? 15lbs in 25 days is not possible. Maybe if you stopped eating altogether.

You shouldn't aim for any more than 2lbs a week otherwise it's counter-intuitive. 1lb a week is your best bet. Cutting 500 calories from your diet a day adds up to 3500 a week which equates to 1lb of fat. You could up it to 1.5-2 like I said but losing fat is a slow and steady process.

So yes, 4lbs is high and if you aim for that, your body's going to start preserving fat more and start breaking down muscle for energy instead which is not what you want.

Why are you aiming for this in 25 days?

NeedANick is just really nice. (+1000) NeedANick is just really nice. (+1000) NeedANick is just really nice. (+1000) NeedANick is just really nice. (+1000) NeedANick is just really nice. (+1000) NeedANick is just really nice. (+1000) NeedANick is just really nice. (+1000) NeedANick is just really nice. (+1000) NeedANick is just really nice. (+1000) NeedANick is just really nice. (+1000) NeedANick is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Jonny03 View Post
    Is this a joke? 15lbs in 25 days is not possible. Maybe if you stopped eating altogether.
    Not impossible, but surely counter-productive, as you have explained.

Originally Posted by Jonny03 View Post
    Why are you aiming for this in 25 days?
    *Cof cof, he's 19, cof, Summer vacation, cof cof, procrastination, cof*
    -ARRIVE
    -RUSTLE JIMMIES
    -LEAVE

Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

only way it will happen brah

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You are hardly going to look any different with 15 lbs gone, especially if you are just starting, you would lose 5 lbs of that right away as water weight which you cant see regardless. You say you tried losing weight, but what you havent tried is eating less calories than your body needs to sustain its weight.
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Delgadido is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Serpentarius View Post
    You are hardly going to look any different with 15 lbs gone, especially if you are just starting, you would lose 5 lbs of that right away as water weight which you cant see regardless. You say you tried losing weight, but what you havent tried is eating less calories than your body needs to sustain its weight.
    i beg to differ look at my progress thread

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=135825901

Originally Posted by NeedANick View Post
    *Cof cof, he's 19, cof, Summer vacation, cof cof, procrastination, cof*
    IM 19?!?! is this really coming from someone who is 20??

I'm 24 and dont need ur **** comments here. i asked for help on this thread, so if u cannot be helpful then do my a favor and just STFU & GTFO,
    idk why u felt that you need to chime in here but ur comment are quite unwelcomed so go run off somewhere.

if anyone else that can be constructive ur comments would be appreciated

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Delgadido View Post
    i beg to differ look at my progress thread

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=135825901

well of course anyone can notice it, i was a fatass myself but from going untrained to slightly skinnier isnt going to be much of an appeal especially with rapid weight loss unless the guy has a solid foundation of muscle.
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

Originally Posted by zincpony View Post

I'm 24 and dont need ur **** comments here. i asked for help on this thread, so if u cannot be helpful then do my a favor and just STFU & GTFO,
    idk why u felt that you need to chime in here but ur comment are quite unwelcomed so go run off somewhere.

Calm your titties, brah. I thought you were 19 because you had 19 posts (didn't pay attention). Also, I'm 20 but I never had the "LOLZ ME NEEZ ABZ" mentality.

Also, I would suggest you look at the 1st reply to your thread. I pointed you in the right directing and how to get around doing your cut healthily.

Good luck.
    Also, negged. EDIT: can't . I'll try tomorrow if I remember.
    -ARRIVE
    -RUSTLE JIMMIES
    -LEAVE

Rebuilt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rebuilt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rebuilt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rebuilt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rebuilt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rebuilt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rebuilt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rebuilt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rebuilt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rebuilt is on a distinguished road. (+10) Rebuilt is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    if you haven't been dieting at all yet, and are all bloated from current bad eating habits, you can lose quite a bit of weight in 25 days. your first week will be the biggest drop in weight.

I would go on a hi brotein diet like you can find in Lyle Mcdonalds book Rapid Fat Loss.

summer recomp/maintenance 66jzmstr's Avatar
    66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Simmer down, mang.

Hopefully you're getting the gist of these responses, though. Barring dismembering a limb, 15lbs in 25lbs in near impossible, and by certainly no means healthy. Even if you did come close to that, a good portion of it would merely be water weight, which you would regain when returning to maintenance caloric levels. Another fair portion of such weight loss would be lean body mass, meaning you would lose some muscle, not just fat. Search the key terms "protein sparing modified fast" if you want quick results; however, recognize that it's a pretty painful experience, you probably still won't hit 15lbs, and you'll gain some of it back soon. "The Rapid Fat Loss Handbook" by Lyle MacDonald addresses just this.

Best of luck.
    Diligence, patience, persistence.

summer recomp/maintenance 66jzmstr's Avatar
    66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 66jzmstr is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Rebuilt View Post
    I would go on a hi brotein diet like you can find in Lyle Mcdonalds book Rapid Fat Loss.
    Gah! Rebuilt beat me to it!
    Diligence, patience, persistence.

drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250) drewsedg has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I am the same height as you and it took me 10 weeks to go from 196 to 185. Now that isn't a speedy cut because I have been cutting down all the way from 295 over the past 14 months and my motivation to stay super strict isn't what it was when I first started. If it were I could have lost another 5-6 pounds in that time frame. You also differ in that you are just starting out so there will be some water weight that you lose right away. That can be 5 pounds or more. Add that all up and you could lose as much as 20-25 pounds over the next 10 weeks. You won't be losing 15 pounds in 25 days though.

As for the how, read the sticky threads. All it takes is proper diet. Eat less calories than your body needs to maintain and you will lose weight. Add some heavy resistance training and focus on getting enough protein in your diet and most of that weight will come from bodyfat. If you want to boost your activity level to burn even more calories adding some cardio is fine. Do as much as you can manage/want to do. Listen to your body though. If you feel like you need a break take a break. It is better to lose one day a break than to lose several weeks due to an injury.
    04/2010 - 295 Fattest
    11/11/11 - 171.8

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    It will take your body 1 to 2 weks just to figure out what is goin on before you will start seeing any results besides water weight decreases. It's like fertilizing your lawn, you have to wait a little while to start seeing results.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

dont get me wrong guys. ive been working out riligously for the last 4 months and have lost some weight in the process but i havent been cutting calories as i have just been lifting and eating a lot to put on some musle. i have dropped about 12 pounds since i started working out in february and have packed on muscle throughout all this. im not looking to get a six pack at the end of the 25 days, i am just trying to slim down some of the pudginess that is my mid section, unfortunatelly.

i know how to lose weight the unhealthy way. its called jaw surgery i had it
    i went from 235 to 185 in 5 weeks.
    thats why i came on here to get some pointers.
    but instead im getting a couple people that are constructive and everyone else being *******s in the process.
    instead of teaching me what proper goals i can set that ARE acheivable in the time needed. you are all just putting me down. how does that work for a community thats suppose to be inspirational and motivating???
    Last edited by zincpony; 06-26-2011 at 06:29 PM.

Originally Posted by NeedANick View Post
    Calm your titties, brah. I thought you were 19 because you had 19 posts (didn't pay attention). Also, I'm 20 but I never had the "LOLZ ME NEEZ ABZ" mentality.

Also, I would suggest you look at the 1st reply to your thread. I pointed you in the right directing and how to get around doing your cut healthily.

Good luck.
    Also, negged. EDIT: can't . I'll try tomorrow if I remember.

see again you cant just be constructive you have to be negative in someway. the process.

dont get me wrong guys. ive been working out riligously for the last 4 months and have lost some weight in the process but i havent been cutting calories as i have just been lifting and eating a lot to put on some musle. i have dropped about 12 pounds since i started working out in february and have packed on muscle throughout all this. im not looking to get a six pack at the end of the 25 days, i am just trying to slim down some of the pudginess that is my mid section, unfortunatelly.
    If you lost weight while eating more, it means you were still eating at a caloric deficit. Your muscle gains were most likely newbie gains, which is good.

If you haven't done so already (you know, being busy bashing me), I would recommend, again, reading the link in my signature and the stickies around the forum to learn how to make a healthy weight-loss program.

Don't try to take things too fast right now. Until you understand how to control your caloric intake and how your body responds to certain diets compared to others, I would suggest taking it slowly.

Slow and steady wins the game.

Good luck.

EDIT: You're right, I just can't be constructive I was too busy writting this little piece of info for you. Should have spent my time being constructive, though.
    -ARRIVE
    -RUSTLE JIMMIES
    -LEAVE

nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000) nlite2000 is just really nice. (+1000)
    see again you cant just be constructive you have to be negative in someway. the process.
    The only way to do it is to diet too hard, do a **** ton of cardio, and employ various techniques to flush water at the end. Not worth it.

Shoot for 10 pounds of quality (fat) loss. If you don't make it? You'll have lost some fat.

Singe03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Singe03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Singe03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Singe03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Singe03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Singe03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Singe03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Singe03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Singe03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Singe03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Singe03 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by nlite2000 View Post
    The only way to do it is to diet too hard, do a **** ton of cardio, and employ various techniques to flush water at the end. Not worth it.

Shoot for 10 pounds of quality (fat) loss. If you don't make it? You'll have lost some fat.
    10 lbs was where folks started to notice I was leaning out, that was 6 weeks in to my cut. It's a solid goal and good advice but not what I'd do under pressure to look good.

If I were in your shoes, 25 days to look as good as possible, I'd lift as heavy as I could for those weeks, make sure my diet was absolutely solid on no more than a 750 cal/ day deficit while getting my protein / carb / fat ratio as good as possible and take what I could get. Basically 4 weeks at -750 should net you about 6 lbs of loss with as much as possible of that being fat. If you still have some newb gains left in you, you might net a minimal amount of muscle. Sorry man, 25 days is just not much time when you are talking about changing the way your body looks, most of us think in terms of months or years.

Where the fat is going to come from is strictly based on genetics. If the genes say belly fat is going to come last, it's going to come last and there is not a lot you can do about it.

Eat too much muscle away and you'll just wind up looking skinny fat, which IMO is worse than muscular with a bit of pudge.

FYI: My advice may suck, if so, the next several posters are going to let you know

DLEHMA is just really nice. (+1000) DLEHMA is just really nice. (+1000) DLEHMA is just really nice. (+1000) DLEHMA is just really nice. (+1000) DLEHMA is just really nice. (+1000) DLEHMA is just really nice. (+1000) DLEHMA is just really nice. (+1000) DLEHMA is just really nice. (+1000) DLEHMA is just really nice. (+1000) DLEHMA is just really nice. (+1000) DLEHMA is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Delgadido View Post

only way it will happen brah
    ^ This is what I was going to say. There's no realistic way to lose 15 pounds in 25 days. You would need to eat close to nothing every day and you won't look good by the end of it I promise you. Next time you know you need to lose weight just give yourself a little bit more time.