bodyrokk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodyrokk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodyrokk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodyrokk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodyrokk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodyrokk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodyrokk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodyrokk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodyrokk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodyrokk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodyrokk is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

working out with Afib

anybody else working out have problems with AFIB and if you do ,what do you take for it?
    It seems there's always something. Tryin' to bring a good man down. I have no fear of falling. But I hate hitting the ground ...

Finally accused of juicin Corbi's Avatar
    Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I have nonvalvular AF which is associated with the mitral valve, had a repair on it last year and the Dr's are controlling heart rate with Diltiazem. Seems to work ok, every once in awhile I will get the typical pains associated with Afib but they don't last long now. Have been thru every test imaginable with many EKG's & echocardiograms, etc etc. Dr's say everything looks fine & there is no issue.

Have never had an episode while working out but I also don't have a ton of stamina either. 7 minutes on the treadmill yesterday kicked my @ss and that was only at 6mph.

bodyrokk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodyrokk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodyrokk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodyrokk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodyrokk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodyrokk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodyrokk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodyrokk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodyrokk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodyrokk is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bodyrokk is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    thanx for the reply..i was just wondering ..I cant do things i used to do stamina wise. I ride my bike .but gotta be careful not to let heart rate get too fast..It sucks but i deal with it...I started taking new med called multaq and i get bad stomach pains and extreme bloating and gas..Just looking to see what anybody else is taking..
    It seems there's always something. Tryin' to bring a good man down. I have no fear of falling. But I hate hitting the ground ...

Finally accused of juicin Corbi's Avatar
    Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Corbi has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by bodyrokk View Post
    I cant do things i used to do stamina wise. I ride my bike .but gotta be careful not to let heart rate get too fast..It sucks but i deal with it...I started taking new med called multaq and i get bad stomach pains and extreme bloating and gas..Just looking to see what anybody else is taking..
    I hear you on the stamina thing & it sucks, cardio is a real bitch because of this crap. Small amounts are all I can handle.

Have never taken Multaq, in fact have never heard of it. Was on Amidarone...may not be spelled correctly..for awhile & that stuff was nasty. Had all sorts of side affects that I did not care for. The current Diltiazem seems to be decent with no side affects that I have noticed but I think the dosage needs to be upped a bit.

See what other meds your Dr can substitute because you don't have to put up with stomach pain and gas.

Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dutchman is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I often get slammed here whenever I recommend some natural solution for a serious problem. Still I can't, not comment on your AFib question. I've never had it but both my late wife and my best friend suffered from it. They both eliminated it naturally, she for the last 1 1/2 years of her life and Gary is now finishing year 2 with all tests confirming "no AFib". What they each did was inspired by the below info in the hyperlink to the Life Extension Foundation's article back in July of 08. They took megadoses of Omega-3s and within 6 months their congestive heart problems were completely gone. Based on the test data referenced in the article they each took approximately 2.5 gms of Omega 3s daily. My wife used the triple strength Fish Oil capsules we bought at Sam's Club which gave her at 3 X 900 mgs...2.7 gms and Gary got his by using the Carlson's liquid version which worked every bit as good as the Lovasa his cardiologist put him on (though that was at a lower dose and thus ineffective) and saved a ton of money in the process. He is healthy as a horse now and gives me hell on the golf course when we play. Read the article and consider it. Hope it helps you too. Good luck!

Averting Arrhythmias with Omega-3 Fatty Acids

http://www.lef.org/magazine/mag2008/...y-Acids_01.htm
    Dutch

For four generations my family has answered the call and served as needed from Europe to Asia to 9/11. We will gladly stand and fight again to preserve our freedom from tyranny.

Houndman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Houndman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Houndman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Houndman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Houndman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Houndman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Houndman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Houndman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Houndman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Houndman is on a distinguished road. (+10) Houndman is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Was working out Real good, but had to take a break to do some work. Had to move some trash bags that were too heavy to lift, and had to push and pull them, to get them up over a low cinder block wall. Next day It felt like irritating at my lower rib or stomach. I had leaned on a rough edge of a cinder block wall to pull the trash bags. When exerting myself at all, I was hyperventlating like a steam loco. Climbing stairs it took a while to slow down. My mid section was sore, and figured I Really strained myself, and I'd get to a point when breathing, that it hurt to breath deeper. Got the hiccups, and that hurt. Couldn't walk any distance without having to rest. I thought resting would solve it, but didn't seem to. Got worried and was going to go to a hosp that specializes in lung problems, but then thought, if it was my heart, I better have that checked first. Cardiologist was concerned, and recommended a catherization. I hesitated, but then agreed. 5 days in the hosp.

Dr said I had chest pain with a heart attack to interns. Cath said, my arteries are clear, but one small vessel was clogged, but said blood can get in. He listed I had a Heart Attack and A-Fib, and then Dilated Cardiomopathy and
    A Fib, but didn't list an attack on a printed sheet he would give after an office exam. Last exam I didn't get a sheet. Had said I had a clot in the atrium.

I think I Really strained and bruised my mid section and diaphragm, and caused A-fib, that I read exertion, especially when older can cause. Hospital put me on 6 drugs, but the Dr has been stopping them. Think he said I had fluid in my lungs. I'm 68 and had an inhaled chem fumes injury 24 yrs ago that wrecked me. The supp MSM and vit Ester-C got me lifting 5 yrs ago, but didn't last. Recently I tried BCAA amino's and it got me lifting again. I haven't lifted since before moving the trash bags, and am leary but want to. I asked the Dr, and he said if I feel uncomfortable to stop.

Been about 3-4 mo since I lifted, so feel if I start again, will lift like I hadn't in years. I was doing a Reverse Pyramid routein, and lifting pretty heavy for me, and on the first set started to lift a weight I could lift for 5-6 reps, and not bust a gut trying to lift heavier, which I had been. With my previous injury, and being sapped of strength and energy, I worried about a heart attack, and having to call 911, and now probably more so.

Ultima3Exodus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ultima3Exodus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ultima3Exodus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ultima3Exodus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ultima3Exodus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ultima3Exodus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ultima3Exodus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ultima3Exodus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ultima3Exodus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ultima3Exodus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ultima3Exodus is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Houndman View Post
    Was working out Real good, but had to take a break to do some work. Had to move some trash bags that were too heavy to lift, and had to push and pull them, to get them up over a low cinder block wall. Next day It felt like irritating at my lower rib or stomach. I had leaned on a rough edge of a cinder block wall to pull the trash bags. When exerting myself at all, I was hyperventlating like a steam loco. Climbing stairs it took a while to slow down. My mid section was sore, and figured I Really strained myself, and I'd get to a point when breathing, that it hurt to breath deeper. Got the hiccups, and that hurt. Couldn't walk any distance without having to rest. I thought resting would solve it, but didn't seem to. Got worried and was going to go to a hosp that specializes in lung problems, but then thought, if it was my heart, I better have that checked first. Cardiologist was concerned, and recommended a catherization. I hesitated, but then agreed. 5 days in the hosp.

Dr said I had chest pain with a heart attack to interns. Cath said, my arteries are clear, but one small vessel was clogged, but said blood can get in. He listed I had a Heart Attack and A-Fib, and then Dilated Cardiomopathy and
    A Fib, but didn't list an attack on a printed sheet he would give after an office exam. Last exam I didn't get a sheet. Had said I had a clot in the atrium.

I think I Really strained and bruised my mid section and diaphragm, and caused A-fib, that I read exertion, especially when older can cause. Hospital put me on 6 drugs, but the Dr has been stopping them. Think he said I had fluid in my lungs. I'm 68 and had an inhaled chem fumes injury 24 yrs ago that wrecked me. The supp MSM and vit Ester-C got me lifting 5 yrs ago, but didn't last. Recently I tried BCAA amino's and it got me lifting again. I haven't lifted since before moving the trash bags, and am leary but want to. I asked the Dr, and he said if I feel uncomfortable to stop.

Been about 3-4 mo since I lifted, so feel if I start again, will lift like I hadn't in years. I was doing a Reverse Pyramid routein, and lifting pretty heavy for me, and on the first set started to lift a weight I could lift for 5-6 reps, and not bust a gut trying to lift heavier, which I had been. With my previous injury, and being sapped of strength and energy, I worried about a heart attack, and having to call 911, and now probably more so.
    I am reviving this old thread - as its pertinent to me today. I was diagnosed with afib 12 months ago. For me, it sends my heart rate from 60 bpm, to 151bpm within a split second. It happens every 7-10 days like clock work. I was not working out - ever. I started to lose weight and exercise and my afib reduced in frequency to once every 13-17 days. I take "flecanide" (an arythmia med), Atenolol (evening blood pressure med, Losartan (morning blood pressure med), and atorvastatin (cholesterol). My start weight was 310lbs. My present weight is 261lbs. So far so good. Afib is still there though. Cardiologist is going to do an "ablation" where they burn the outside of your heart where the arythimia misfire is happening. (a common procedure now a days). The past two months, I added weight lifting to my exercises. My afib has reduced even more to once a month... Is that a correlation? who knows. But weight lifting has made my heart feel "better"... im not feeling flutters, no afib in 30 days, or "skip a beat" feeling... Ive read where weight lifting CAN trigger afib episodes... but you just dont know unless you try.

The thing about afib is that many milions have it, afib alone isnt deadly or will cause heart attacks. But it DOES increase chances of stroke. So baby aspirn, or blood thinner, is what my dr gave me. After the ablation surgery this summer, I'll report back with my results. (if i dont, that means Im dead and it was fun).