David89 is just really nice. (+1000) David89 is just really nice. (+1000) David89 is just really nice. (+1000) David89 is just really nice. (+1000) David89 is just really nice. (+1000) David89 is just really nice. (+1000) David89 is just really nice. (+1000) David89 is just really nice. (+1000) David89 is just really nice. (+1000) David89 is just really nice. (+1000) David89 is just really nice. (+1000)

Shoulder pain during chest exercises?

Ok, this began about 3 months ago when I would be doing my chest workouts, using barbells. My left shoulder would begin to hurt during flat bench, effecting the rest of my workout. So I switched to dumbbells, and the pain was nonexistent. Unfortunately, it started up now while using dumbbells, again, effecting my workout. What can I do to stop the shoulder pain? Many thanks in advance!

Cliffs:

-Shoulder started hurting during barbell workouts.

-Switched to dumbbells, pain stopped.

-Pain started up again.

-Help!
    NO Xplode V2 Review!:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=137535133&p=740075573#post740075573

Lecheek Nutrition Speed Xtreme Review!:

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141765141&p=821691541#post821691541

crush101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crush101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crush101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crush101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crush101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crush101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crush101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crush101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crush101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crush101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) crush101 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I've been going through the same thing. First thing I can say is make sure you're not skimping on the shoulder workouts. Because your shoulders are involved in a lot of other body training workouts you need them to be strong so don't ignore them. When working out your chest, squeeze your shoulder blades together like you're holding a tennis ball between them. This keeps your shoulders in their strongest position. Don't try to work through the pain. If it still nags you stop and try another exercise. You don't wanna mess around with blowing out a shoulder. It's not fun and can set you back months if not years. Lastly I'd recommend seeing a Dr just to make sure you don't have any small tears already. That may be why you're having the pain in the first place. Catch something like that early and save yourself the hassle and money of having to go through surgery.
    http://bodybuilding101.wieldtheweb.com

MuscleHQ is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleHQ is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleHQ is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleHQ is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleHQ is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleHQ is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleHQ is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleHQ is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleHQ is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleHQ is on a distinguished road. (+10) MuscleHQ is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by David89 View Post
    Ok, this began about 3 months ago when I would be doing my chest workouts, using barbells. My left shoulder would begin to hurt during flat bench, effecting the rest of my workout. So I switched to dumbbells, and the pain was nonexistent. Unfortunately, it started up now while using dumbbells, again, effecting my workout. What can I do to stop the shoulder pain? Many thanks in advance!

Cliffs:

-Shoulder started hurting during barbell workouts.

-Switched to dumbbells, pain stopped.

-Pain started up again.

-Help!
    Sounds like biceps tendonitis. The only way to remedy this is rest and rehab. West Side Barbell advocates the use of Jump Stretch bands to distract the shoulder joint and reduce inflammation. I have used their rehab techniques for years with great results. NSAIDS may help also.

Once your all recovered, "prehab" work prior to and between workouts can improve connective tissue integrity and prevent injury.

Good luck.

I'm VitaminVendetta PerpetualMotion's Avatar
    PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Could be a variety of things ranging from inhibited serratus anterior to rotator cuff to whatevs.

I'd start here, though:
    http://www.livestrong.com/article/48...shoulder-pain/
    “Go back?" he thought. "No good at all! Go sideways? Impossible! Go forward? Only thing to do! On we go!" So up he got, and trotted along with his little sword held in front of him and one hand feeling the wall, and his heart all of a patter and a pitter.”

Forever Skinny Fat EdmundHamuera's Avatar
    EdmundHamuera is just really nice. (+1000) EdmundHamuera is just really nice. (+1000) EdmundHamuera is just really nice. (+1000) EdmundHamuera is just really nice. (+1000) EdmundHamuera is just really nice. (+1000) EdmundHamuera is just really nice. (+1000) EdmundHamuera is just really nice. (+1000) EdmundHamuera is just really nice. (+1000) EdmundHamuera is just really nice. (+1000) EdmundHamuera is just really nice. (+1000) EdmundHamuera is just really nice. (+1000)
    You definitely need some rehab and an examination to see what is exactly wrong.
    You can also try doing the presses without going as low as usual and it will put less stress on your shoulder. I get the same thing but when I practice perfect form it usually doesn't start hurting...

Cuongpham is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cuongpham is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cuongpham is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cuongpham is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cuongpham is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cuongpham is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cuongpham is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cuongpham is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cuongpham is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cuongpham is on a distinguished road. (+10) Cuongpham is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I had the same problem afew months ago. You should try some rotary cuff exercise b4 chest n shoulder workout. use decline bp
    instead of flat, decline hit your pec harder n less tension on your shoulder.
    Life too short to be a bitch.