daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50)

What should my ideal weight be at 6'2?

I'm wanting to be at 200 lbs so bad I seem to be willing to wreck my health if that's what it takes. I'm 178 now and I feel just as small as when I was 160. I'm afraid if I do make it to 200 I'm still going to feel small.

My dad is 230 and that looks about the right weight to me but I just don't think there is anyway I can ever get to that weight. What should my ideal weight be?
    ~Bulking till I hit 200 lbs~I Rep Back~
    People who want something bad enough will find a way and those who don't will find an excuse
    ,___,
    [O.o]
    /)__)
    -"--"- o'Rly

steelhorse1971 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) steelhorse1971 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) steelhorse1971 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) steelhorse1971 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) steelhorse1971 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) steelhorse1971 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) steelhorse1971 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) steelhorse1971 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) steelhorse1971 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) steelhorse1971 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) steelhorse1971 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Dont worry about the number just keep trying to put on lean mass.The number will change as you progress.I once said a lean 190 then 200 As I keep working out I want to get bigger and bigger now I want to be 210 with 7%bf.

farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000) farsscf is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Depends on your lifestyle. I find the medical definition of ideal weight to be way less than my idea of what I want to weight. I think it is something everyone needs to find themselves.

FIREAXE205 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FIREAXE205 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FIREAXE205 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FIREAXE205 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FIREAXE205 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FIREAXE205 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FIREAXE205 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FIREAXE205 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FIREAXE205 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FIREAXE205 is on a distinguished road. (+10) FIREAXE205 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

weight gain

Daltrey, without asking too many questions on your eating habits I'll just say what you should be doing to add some quality weight. First and formost your protein consumtion should be above 200 grams per day and as much as 300 grams to be optimal. Eat 6-8 small meals per day and every other one should be a protein shake particularly whey isolate. 6 to 8 whole omega 3 eggs, 12 oz lean ground beef or steak, 12 oz of chicken or 12 oz of fish. You choose. Good complex carbs. Sweet potatos, brown rice, yams, oatmeal for your carbs. Good fats, natural peanut butter, omega eggs like I mentioned, almonds, or macadamia nuts. At your age you shouldn't have a problem gaining weight if you eat every two hours and eat this type of food. Try making your total evry day of 300 grams protein. 300 grams complex carbs and about 150 grams of fats. If you are training correctly and hitting the gym you will gain muscle and not fat. Don't worry about your cardio if you do any but just keep it too a minimum of say around 30 mins 3x per week. Don't be afraid to have some ice cream every now and then either indulge yourself !!
    "IF YOUR GOING THROUGH HELL, KEEP ON GOING" W.Churchhill.

thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000) thor93 is just really nice. (+1000)

Originally Posted by FIREAXE205 View Post
    Daltrey, without asking too many questions on your eating habits I'll just say what you should be doing to add some quality weight. First and formost your protein consumtion should be above 200 grams per day and as much as 300 grams to be optimal. Eat 6-8 small meals per day and every other one should be a protein shake particularly whey isolate. 6 to 8 whole omega 3 eggs, 12 oz lean ground beef or steak, 12 oz of chicken or 12 oz of fish. You choose. Good complex carbs. Sweet potatos, brown rice, yams, oatmeal for your carbs. Good fats, natural peanut butter, omega eggs like I mentioned, almonds, or macadamia nuts. At your age you shouldn't have a problem gaining weight if you eat every two hours and eat this type of food. Try making your total evry day of 300 grams protein. 300 grams complex carbs and about 150 grams of fats. If you are training correctly and hitting the gym you will gain muscle and not fat. Don't worry about your cardio if you do any but just keep it too a minimum of say around 30 mins 3x per week. Don't be afraid to have some ice cream every now and then either indulge yourself !!

Ahhhmmm...not to sound condescending or anything but....

Not everyone is self employed and has the time to fix and prepare all of those meals.

Not everyone's job allows them to eat every 2-3 hours.
    Many of us are forced to toil away for hours on end without meal breaks,such as myself for example.

To the OP...As long as you are healthy...Cherish and appreciate this for all its worth which is alot more worth than just looking bigger if it means sacrificing health and well being in the process.

Having battled bronchitis and Severe Flu recently and lost 15+ lbs myself,i have no concern over that.I just want to feel Really Healthy and able bodied again.This means a Million Billion times more than just getting or being Big.

6-2 178(thats around 180).That's not bad at all.My younger brother is 6-0 and 140 and i'm sure he'd love to be 155-160.I'm sure he'd be more than happy to settle for being that type of size.

If you Really want that badly to be 200 lbs than just focus alot on leg training for a few months and you'll be there pretty quickly and easily.
    Dont force feed and dont eat too much meat,especially if you're not used to eating alot of it...Eat more Pasta and Potatoes.Add in creatine and a Whey shake once or twice per day.Tuna,beans,pb sandwiches.

No need to go nuts with overdoing it on the protein intake and training volume though.Getting yourself run down and sick is FAR FAR FARRRR worse than being a thin bodybuilder/weightlifter.
    *Addicted to swimming during the summer crew.*
    *Despisement of 2nd hand smoke crew.*
    *Bring back the Commodore 64 crew.*
    *Create a new electric car/vehicle thats under 5 grand crew !*
    *I work very hard for very little pay crew. : ( *
    *I am just "Not Of" this stupid selfish world crew.*
    *I feel annoyed and disgusted of people pre-occupied with they're smart-phones crew. : / *
    *I grew up an Ultra Late Bloomer crew.*

OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) OutOfStep is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by thor93 View Post
    Ahhhmmm...not to sound condescending or anything but....

Not everyone is self employed and has the time to fix and prepare all of those meals.

Not everyone's job allows them to eat every 2-3 hours.
    If you want something bad enough, you'll figure out a way to do it. This goes for a lot more than building big muscles. Excuses are for people who need them.
    "I'm a street walking cheetah with a heart full of napalm." -Iggy and The Stooges

bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000) bebeklein is just really nice. (+1000)
    Sometimes it's easy to get caught up on the # on the scale. I've learned bf% and the amt of muscle I want is what matters most, regardless of what the scale says.

I have a couple of friends around your height and I would say 200 is reasonable but it really depends on the look you're going for.

One is 6'0 around 220.
    Another is 6'3 and 200.
    A third is 6'3 and 215 and a professional athlete and something like 5 - 7% BF w/a build similar to Terrell Owens.
    Last edited by bebeklein; 12-07-2008 at 05:43 PM.

fmartin685 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fmartin685 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fmartin685 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fmartin685 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fmartin685 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fmartin685 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fmartin685 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fmartin685 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fmartin685 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fmartin685 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fmartin685 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Obviously about 290.
    -If your workout doesn't include squats, then your workout doesn't do squat.

force_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) force_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) force_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) force_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) force_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) force_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) force_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) force_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) force_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) force_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500) force_ is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    From a bodybuilding perspective, at your height you ought to be around 250 or so. From a health standpoint I have no idea. My doctor says ay my height (5 11") I should weigh around 165, so I guess you can use that as a reference point. I dont know if he is full of it or what but I do now If I was that skinny I wouldnt leave the house lol!

F.
    Obsessed is a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated.

Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Skidmarx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Daltrey - Here's the way I look at things.

I'm tall and I'd like more muscle and I'm the classic hard gainer. I'm lucky to gain a couple pounds a year. But...at least I'm in better shape than most of the fat f*cks my age that I know. Take a walk around the mall and you'll see overweight guys everywhere, and their girlfriends probably checking you out, the skinny guy.

BTW, I used to be one of those fat f*cks...well, er...chunky.

uncleroman will become famous soon enough. (+50) uncleroman will become famous soon enough. (+50) uncleroman will become famous soon enough. (+50) uncleroman will become famous soon enough. (+50) uncleroman will become famous soon enough. (+50) uncleroman will become famous soon enough. (+50) uncleroman will become famous soon enough. (+50) uncleroman will become famous soon enough. (+50) uncleroman will become famous soon enough. (+50) uncleroman will become famous soon enough. (+50) uncleroman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    get in there and lift. 230 is about right imo
    word to your mother!

daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50) daltrey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks everyone for all the advice. Fortunately for me I make decent money so I can afford the things I need to help me out and my schedule is flexible to be able to eat every few hours even while at work. I do thank the Lord everyday for helping me to provide for my family. I hope things get better for you thor, in a way I know it's a little selfish for me but I have two kids and it's nice to have them try to keep up with dear "OLD" dad, lol. Plus I live in the most obese state in the country so I definitely see the impact of our countries health problem and I feel bad knowing that these parents are robbing years from their child's life by not teaching them any better.

Here's my diet, It's not the same everyday but I try to take in around the same amount of calories.

Originally Posted by daltrey View Post
    Meal 1
    1 Cup Oatmeal
    1/4 Cup Cashews
    1 Tbsp Honey
    1 Banana
    2 Whole Jumbo Eggs
    Glass of Milk

Meal 2
    2 Cups Banana Pudding
    1 Scoop of Muscle Juice
    1 Pint Water

Meal 3
    Chili, 2 cups (Lean Ground Beef, Corn, Red Kidney Beans, Onion, Tomatoes)
    Shredded Mozzerela Cheese
    1 Pint Water

Meal 4
    On Whey Protein
    Glass of Milk
    1/2 cup Cashews

Meal 5
    Chicken Breast or Cod, 8 oz (Whichever I feel like eating for the day)
    Salsa
    Large Sweet Potato or Rice
    1 Pint Water

Meal 6
    1 Tbsp of Peanut Butter
    1 Cup of Cottage Cheese
    1 Tbsp Honey
    1 Pint Water

This comes out to between 3000 and 4000 calories daily. I workout mon, tues, thurs and friday. I also take a multi vitamin and I just got some Creatine that I'm about to start taking daily.
    Last edited by daltrey; 12-08-2008 at 06:30 AM.
    People who want something bad enough will find a way and those who don't will find an excuse
    ,___,
    [O.o]
    /)__)
    -"--"- o'Rly

camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) camaleom has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by fmartin685 View Post
    Obviously about 290.
    agree!

LOL
    "Paper money is going away" - EM

Flash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Flash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Flash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Flash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Flash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Flash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Flash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Flash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Flash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Flash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Flash has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    215-230 should do it depending on frame size.

Guinness42 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Guinness42 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Guinness42 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Guinness42 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Guinness42 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Guinness42 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Guinness42 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Guinness42 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Guinness42 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Guinness42 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Guinness42 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by OutOfStep View Post
    If you want something bad enough, you'll figure out a way to do it. This goes for a lot more than building big muscles. Excuses are for people who need them.
    Spot on!!
    "Peace doesnt accomplish as much as war does. I am born of revolution. We all are. Warriors get stuff done, like it or not." - Crupiea

" If you're in a war, instead of throwing a hand grenade at the enemy, throw one of those small pumpkins. Maybe it'll make everyone think how stupid war is, and while they are thinking, you can throw a real grenade at them." - Jack Handy via DBX

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Follow these steps to find your ideal weight:

1. Be happy with yourself.
    2. Your ideal weight won't matter to you if you acheive step 1.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

The Italian Scallion BrotherWolf's Avatar
    BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Marius_Ursus View Post
    Follow these steps to find your ideal weight:

1. Be happy with yourself.
    2. Your ideal weight won't matter to you if you acheive step 1.
    Why do you want to make it so easy ?? LOL
    who says love has to be soft and gentle ?

The Italian Scallion BrotherWolf's Avatar
    BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Here's my diet, It's not the same everyday but I try to take in around the same amount of calories.
    I am 5.7 that's about what I ate in terms of calories to get from 170 to 185-ish
    I am a hard gainer,you probably need more calories.. try and supplement with lots of milk
    I was drinking up to a gallon whole milk a day but you can use 2% if you are afraid of the fat content, 1 gal of milk is about 2500 calories and pretty balanced macros, so if you just add 2 qt's to your diet you'll gain 1250 calories

And you could use more green veggies ......
    who says love has to be soft and gentle ?

mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000) mavrick77 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I'm wanting to be at 200 lbs so bad I seem to be willing to wreck my health if that's what it takes. I'm 178 now and I feel just as small as when I was 160. I'm afraid if I do make it to 200 I'm still going to feel small.

My dad is 230 and that looks about the right weight to me but I just don't think there is anyway I can ever get to that weight. What should my ideal weight be?

your ideal weight should be whatever makes you happy...as long as you keep your bodyfat levels low. you may never be happy with your weight...some people say I am big... I am 6'1 and 257 right now...but still feel small myself. this sport is a spawning ground for "reverse anorexia"
    I do not sugar coat things, but you got in the condition you're in by "sugar coating."

Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Marius_Ursus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by BrotherWolf View Post
    Why do you want to make it so easy ?? LOL
    You're right. I still haven't figured out how to charge money for my advice.
    "Blessed be the Lord my rock, who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle." - Psalm 144:1

Also, taxation is theft.

snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) snoack is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by mavrick77 View Post
    your ideal weight should be whatever makes you happy...as long as you keep your bodyfat levels low. you may never be happy with your weight...some people say I am big... I am 6'1 and 257 right now...but still feel small myself. this sport is a spawning ground for "reverse anorexia"
    I'm the same height as you and usually hover between 257-262#. Whenever I see a guy who obviously trains I feel like I look thin...until I look in the mirror, maybe flex a little.

dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    thought id bring this thread back
    Dude dont belittle urself..i was 100lbs a year and a half ago..i told my parents i was fed up with being small..i even got hospitalized my health was sooo bad i passed out on a soccer field..so i worked at it, got my nutrition down..u CAN gain weight it just takes time, im happy where i am right now, but never be satisfied, always work at it, right now ur goal is to gain weight..muscle i assume, train ur ass off, push more weight every week that shows ur improvement, many people neglect this in a sucessful bulk and eat about 500cals over maitinence daily..have the occasional eat whatever days..at least that worked for me, now i know im not huge, but ive bulked up..so that's my advice, take it as you will
    --Joe

ps sorry im not over 35, but thanks for the comment OP most people just tell me to eat more, but thanks for the congrats on my gains
    Last edited by dimasso69; 04-25-2009 at 05:03 AM.
    "Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right!"-Henry Ford

CP3102435 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CP3102435 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CP3102435 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CP3102435 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CP3102435 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CP3102435 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CP3102435 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CP3102435 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CP3102435 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CP3102435 is on a distinguished road. (+10) CP3102435 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by force_ View Post
    From a bodybuilding perspective, at your height you ought to be around 250 or so. From a health standpoint I have no idea. My doctor says ay my height (5 11") I should weigh around 165, so I guess you can use that as a reference point. I dont know if he is full of it or what but I do now If I was that skinny I wouldnt leave the house lol!

F.

BMI is such B.S.....it drives me crazy. I'm a rather meaty guy (yes, badly overweight now) but when I got out of Basic Training 20+ years ago I was ripped; I had to be less than 10% body fat, my abs were very well defined.

I weighed 174# that day (graduation)....when I reported to tech school I had gained 2 pounds......and I was on the "weight program" (chunky chickens) for the rest of my enlistment even though I never went over 180#. In the meantime I would see "apple bodies" with toothpicks for arms & legs get no "flack" for their condition. The officers who administrated the program used to be incredulous and always tell me that I shouldn't be on the program but their hands were tied...I was "overweight" according to Regs.

Whenever anyone tells me I "should be X" it's all I can do to keep from flipping them the bird.

The hell with BMI...give me a good mirror any day.
    "Modern bodybuilding is ritual, religion, sport, art, and science, awash in Western chemistry and mathematics. Defying nature, it surpasses it."
    -Camille Paglia

"I don't have time to lift, I make time"
    -Unknown

ah, nothing like basic training. I was in the best shape of my life too after I came out. Too bad there's not anyone around to wake me up with hollering and beating on trash cans at 4 or 5am now though, lol. Nothing like an early morning 5 mile jog while watching the sun come up.

Anyway, Dimasso thanks for the advice. Believe me, experience beats age any day. To go from hospitalized at 100 lbs to 143 lbs is pretty impressive.
    ,___,
    [O.o]
    /)__)
    -"--"- o'Rly

theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) theKurp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by bebeklein View Post
    Sometimes it's easy to get caught up on the # on the scale. I've learned bf% and the amt of muscle I want is what matters most, regardless of what the scale says.
    FTW!!

Seriously, I just don't get the fixation on weight in terms of bodybuilding. Perhaps those long-ago Charles Atlas ads in the comic books where the 98lb guy gets sand kicked on him have forever been etched in our collective minds.

I'll tell you what does annoy the piss out of me though. Fat people telling me I'm too skinny. One day I may just lose it and throw this skinny-ass body behind a punch to their grill.