KaBone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KaBone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KaBone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KaBone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KaBone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KaBone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KaBone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KaBone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KaBone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KaBone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KaBone has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

inner calf muscle challenge

The inside part of my calf looks and feels so wimpy. The lower and outer muscles look nice and healthy. To target the calves I do raises, jumps, and push things while really trying to dig in the toes. What do I need to do differently?

jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    First, even some of the pros have a big size difference in their inner vs. outer gastroc heads.

You're going to need to add both reps and weights over time.

Many of us are curse woth un-responsive calves. Don't be surprised if your end up doing 5-6 sets of calf raises with 400 or more pounds before they grow. JUST WORK UP TO IT GRADUALLY.

Make sure your working them 2 times per week and prioritizing them so you can give them max effort. Also, you can do the toes in, toes out or just use stances from wide to narrow.
    "Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret."

Training regularly but no progress?
    You need one or more of these: more food, more weight, more reps or more rest.

Check out: www.muscleandbrawn.com

patmedown167 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) patmedown167 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) patmedown167 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) patmedown167 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) patmedown167 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) patmedown167 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) patmedown167 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) patmedown167 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) patmedown167 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) patmedown167 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) patmedown167 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by jdmalm123 View Post
    First, even some of the pros have a big size difference in their inner vs. outer gastroc heads.

Many of us are curse woth un-responsive calves. Don't be surprised if your end up doing 5-6 sets of calf raises with 400 or more pounds before they grow. JUST WORK UP TO IT GRADUALLY.

Make sure your working them 2 times per week and prioritizing them so you can give them max effort. Also, you can do the toes in, toes out or just use stances from wide to narrow.
    Very nice post.

What is slowly working for me is to go for the pump. Squeeze every rep as hard as you can and pause, and make sure to get a good stretch down at the bottom. Also between sets I like to stretch them out for some additional blood flow. Hope this helps you from one weak calved individual to the next.

jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000) jdmalm123 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by patmedown167 View Post
    Squeeze every rep as hard as you can and pause, and make sure to get a good stretch down at the bottom. Also between sets I like to stretch them out for some additional blood flow. Hope this helps you from one weak calved individual to the next.
    x2.

Full ROM and good contraction are key.
    "Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret."

Training regularly but no progress?
    You need one or more of these: more food, more weight, more reps or more rest.

Check out: www.muscleandbrawn.com

jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) jf1 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    try doing calf raises with toes pointing outward...this seems to put more stresss on the inner head, for me!
    "As sure as the world stands, you jf1 shall spend an eternity in Hell in eternal torment..."
    jake24

DYSFUNCTIONAL strength I dont work at Ballys's Avatar
    I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000) I dont work at Ballys is a name known to all. (+5000)

just an observation.

most people i see at the gym doing calf work use much too heavy weight.

remember the gastrocnemius is composed of 60-80% slow twitch fibers, and upto 92% in elite athletes.
    If what I see does not amaze me, I am not looking hard enough.

The more you learn, the more you realize you don't know.

My YouTube Vids: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ajcharmoz

MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000) MrSinister is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by jdmalm123 View Post

good reply.. basically all you can do is try everything as hard as you can and hope
    My journal http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=5662511

HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50) HighRevinSi will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by jackfast1 View Post
    try doing calf raises with toes pointing outward...this seems to put more stresss on the inner head, for me!
    Definitely works the medial gastroc better.
    I prefer the Cutler style 2-phase calf raise for all my calf work. Check out his vids sometime.

But to the OP you need a blend of super heavy sets with sets of ridiculous high reps. This has given me the best results w/ LOW rest between all sets
    Bachelor and Master of Exercise Science at Miami University

Doctorate of Physical Therapy Student at Jefferson College of Health Professions

Stayin' Shredded is what I do