Closed Thread
Page 268 of 364 FirstFirst ... 168 218 258 266 267 268 269 270 278 318 ... LastLast
Results 8,011 to 8,040 of 10915
    I am a MASS MACHINE! skiplacour's Avatar
    skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    BRAND NEW PODCAST!

Podcast #28 - January 23, 2013

"Let Me Hear This Excuse!"

Click Here to listen and/or download this week's podcast.

Send me your FEEDBACK about this episode at skip@massmachinenutrition.com

Click here to order Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition right here on Bodybuilding.com today.
    Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

Seanezekiel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi

Ill try to be brief and not take up much of your time.

I am 37 year old male and 5'11". Around a year and a half ago I hit 305lbs and decided I needed to make a change. I changed my diet. I ate pretty much nothing with fat in it. Lots and lots of fruit and vegetables. Cut out junk completely. I made it down to 220lbs pretty quickly. I was quite happy there and pretty much stopped the dieting. Eventually got junk food back in my life and went back up to 240lbs. Decided I want to go to 200lbs. I lost 9lbs from diet again to 231 in 2 weeks. So two weeks ago I decide its time to hit the gym and exercise. I use to work out in my younger days and know I tend to put on muscle quickly so I expected the quick weight loss to slow. In the first week I did strength training for around an hour 3 days of the week. The other 4 days I hiked/walked around some trails here, 4k-5k per walk, around an hour. In that week I only lost 2lbs. My diet was strict and all that extra calories burned and I lost less weight then I expected. So i did some reading and decided to try to increase my protein intake with Whey. I upped from around 70gram per day through my food to 150 with the whey. I trained harder, walked more and this week Ive only lost 1lbs. I am reading I should try to supplement in 20-30g of fiber as well. On the bright side my endurance has increased drastically and I have made big gains. I "think" I look better.

Any thoughts on why I just cant lose more fat? 1lb in a week of good diet plus tons of activity makes no sense to me. I count calories and carbs and fat. I know exactly how much I need to eat to lose 2lbs per week. I ate a little under that all week.

CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000) CewSaw is just really nice. (+1000)
    If you're trying to be more confident, and follow through unquestioningly, should you even admit to being or having been a "#3"? I'm working on being a "#1". But I don't think I'm "uncomfortable" enough to totally follow through yet and really change my whole lifestyle. I probably used to be a "#2" since I used to like gathering information and constantly contradicting everything but I just suddenly got tired of that a few years ago I think. Right about the time I actually started just "doing it" and going to the gym and eating differently (at least off and on I stick to doing what I know to do!)

I feel like I'm changing but I don't think friends and family really see any changes.

Click here to order
    Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition
    right here on Bodybuilding.com today

skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) skiplacour is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Seanezekiel View Post
    Hi

Ill try to be brief and not take up much of your time.

I am 37 year old male and 5'11". Around a year and a half ago I hit 305lbs and decided I needed to make a change. I changed my diet. I ate pretty much nothing with fat in it. Lots and lots of fruit and vegetables. Cut out junk completely. I made it down to 220lbs pretty quickly. I was quite happy there and pretty much stopped the dieting. Eventually got junk food back in my life and went back up to 240lbs. Decided I want to go to 200lbs. I lost 9lbs from diet again to 231 in 2 weeks. So two weeks ago I decide its time to hit the gym and exercise. I use to work out in my younger days and know I tend to put on muscle quickly so I expected the quick weight loss to slow. In the first week I did strength training for around an hour 3 days of the week. The other 4 days I hiked/walked around some trails here, 4k-5k per walk, around an hour. In that week I only lost 2lbs. My diet was strict and all that extra calories burned and I lost less weight then I expected. So i did some reading and decided to try to increase my protein intake with Whey. I upped from around 70gram per day through my food to 150 with the whey. I trained harder, walked more and this week Ive only lost 1lbs. I am reading I should try to supplement in 20-30g of fiber as well. On the bright side my endurance has increased drastically and I have made big gains. I "think" I look better.

Any thoughts on why I just cant lose more fat? 1lb in a week of good diet plus tons of activity makes no sense to me. I count calories and carbs and fat. I know exactly how much I need to eat to lose 2lbs per week. I ate a little under that all week.
    Hi Seanezekiel....

Welcome to this thread.

You are doing AWESOME! You should be very proud of yourself.

There's a saying that goes "Nothing has any value unless it is compared to something else."

The ONLY reason why you feel challenged right now is because you are unfairly comparing "only" losing 1 pound on the scale to the dramatic weigh loss that you experience going from ZERO attention to this area of your life to paying A LOT of attention.

Of course, the changes will be more dramatic for awhile. Then, you are going to have to be patient and persistent. That's the stage you are at right now.

After a certain point in time, the scale isn't going to be the best measure of your progress for you. It can be deceiving and disheartening. Watch the videos below. You may be gaining some quality muscle mass as you noted that you tend to build muscle easily. That will make the "net difference" on the scale less impressive.

You nailed it when you noticed that you look better and, more importantly, feel better because of your efforts. Stay focused on that. You are into this healthy transformation for the long haul.

Watch thses videos--and keep on keepin on!

Great job.

How Much Importance Should You Put On Your Weight On The Scale?

The Best and Worst Ways To Determine If You Are Losing Body Fat

Read my personal story "I Kept This A Secret From You My Entire Natural Bodybuilding Career" ===> www.skiplacour.com/is-this-all-there-is

Visit Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition store on Bodybuilding.com - Supreme. Clean. Mass Machine Nutrition. ===> www.SLtips.com/3

Originally Posted by CewSaw View Post
    If you're trying to be more confident, and follow through unquestioningly, should you even admit to being or having been a "#3"? I'm working on being a "#1". But I don't think I'm "uncomfortable" enough to totally follow through yet and really change my whole lifestyle. I probably used to be a "#2" since I used to like gathering information and constantly contradicting everything but I just suddenly got tired of that a few years ago I think. Right about the time I actually started just "doing it" and going to the gym and eating differently (at least off and on I stick to doing what I know to do!)
    Hi CewSaw...

Thanks for being the very first Mass Machine to respond to this week's podcast!

Yes, you will need to admit to yourself that you really aren't open to the advice that's being offered if that's the case. Thinking you are a "big huge sponge" willing to "soak up" as much information and constructive criticism that you need to make the changes you "say" you want when it is not true will only hurt you.

We all have to be aware of our weaknesses if we really want to improve.

Originally Posted by CewSaw View Post
    I feel like I'm changing but I don't think friends and family really see any changes.
    Change for YOU--and not for other people. When you walk your talk with 100% certainty, passion, enthusiasm, and CONGRUENCY, everyone else will eventually come around. Trust me on that. It may take some time because they are so used to the "old you" but keep on keepin' on.

Take responsibility. You have conditioned the people around you to think a certain way about you through your actions, words, and though time. That's understandable--and fine. It may take some time--and that's fine too.

Also, make sure you are REALLY the person you claim to be--and not still the person you "hope" to be. You don't have to be there just yet. We are all works in progress. Just make sure you are walking your talk as you are working toward being that person you want them to support.

I had one client recently express the same challenge with the people around him not being supportive. And, you know what? I wouldn't support him either. Tough love here: He was a "dabbler" who was NOT working with focus and intensity. He was NOT striving to be outstanding. If I was his family and friends, I would ask him what the hell is he doing too. The problem is he sees himself as a hard working go-getter--who deserves support. It's not going to happen.

If people don't support you, don't complain about them. Step up your game. Make absolutely sure you are congruent and consistent. And, SELL IT, baby!!!!!!! They just aren't buying what you are selling. Well, at least not YET. Change that.

Great questions. Train Hard. Think Big.

Click here to order
    Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition
    right here on Bodybuilding.com today

sab1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Awesome thread – thanks. I am making my way through it – apologies if you answered this already.

I am fairly new into lifting. I am a bit lost on what routine to do. Seems like there is almost too much info. online!

I am trying to drop a few lbs of fat right now by doing a slow cut (small calorie deficit, adjusting each week). After that my goal is to gain as much muscle as possible doing a careful / long term “lean bulk”.

Is there a routine you would recommend for a beginner? And do I need to do something different for my “cut” now vs. when I am in a calorie surplus / trying to gain muscle? I was looking at some of the training plans on here with videos (ie Kris Gethin’s 12 week program) as I thought the videos could really be helpful as I am new. Just not sure that is the right approach.

Thank you.

Dkarst456 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Talking

One of my favorite podcasts so far. Very entertaining.
    Have to say I'm more of a 1 from the podcast. You say I do, no question.
    I used to be a 3. All talk, but I didn't get very good at anything and became content. I wasn't willing to sacrifice what it took to become great even when I knew what to do.
    Keep up the podcasts, everyone should take advantage of them.

MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hi Skip,
    Thinking about this podcast a lot. I have been all 3 of these categories at different times of my life. I have been a 1 for periods of time and then when I reached a level of success I would get comfortable and stop progressing, putting me into the "safety" category 3.
    I confess to doing the "finding fault" thing with leaders and/or mentors .... unwilling to become uncomfortable again in order to reach another level I would distance myself from them. Finding fault with your mentor can be great justification for staying where you are. A great excuse for staying behind while others excel.... and it becomes someone else's fault. It's interesting to me in thinking back, how I expected recognition or special treatment for just showing up when I was in category 3. When in category 1, I produced and the results spoke for themselves. I had no time for excuses because I was too busy becoming more. I felt so good about myself and only gratitude toward my teacher then. Being a great follower turned me into a leader and I could serve others from a place of power and certainty.

One of the biggest lessons I have learned from you since following your teachings is the power of "angst" or being uncomfortable, pain etc. None of us would go far if we did not experience it and I wasted a lot of time trying to avoid it. Truly, pain is rocket fuel for action. I welcome it now, even try to stir it up myself.

4. Apply "pain." Force yourself to think back to all of time and talent you've wasted in your life not going hard for your goals. Ask yourself the tough question if this is going to just be another one of those times--or is this the time that you are going to finally step up. Using pain in the right way can be an awesome motivator. ....
    Train Hard. Think Big.....Skip

People pay big bucks for this kind of training

You never cease to deliver. .... MzJ
    Last edited by MzJules; 01-25-2013 at 09:17 PM.
    "Transcending strengths and weaknesses, genius guides us in the expression of our character and the discovery of our calling."

Originally Posted by sab1 View Post
    Awesome thread – thanks. I am making my way through it – apologies if you answered this already.

I am fairly new into lifting. I am a bit lost on what routine to do. Seems like there is almost too much info. online!

I am trying to drop a few lbs of fat right now by doing a slow cut (small calorie deficit, adjusting each week). After that my goal is to gain as much muscle as possible doing a careful / long term “lean bulk”.

Is there a routine you would recommend for a beginner? And do I need to do something different for my “cut” now vs. when I am in a calorie surplus / trying to gain muscle? I was looking at some of the training plans on here with videos (ie Kris Gethin’s 12 week program) as I thought the videos could really be helpful as I am new. Just not sure that is the right approach.

Thank you.
    Hi sab1...

Welcome to this thread and to the forum.

There is a lot of information, isn't there?

One thing you'll soon realize is that the more questions you ask, the more opinions you'll get. That can be a very challenging situation for a beginner.

You need to pick one person as a mentor right now and focus on what he has to tell you. Take a leap of faith and follow his methods blindly for at least three months. I'm sure you'll be tempted to try new and different things during those three months but stick to this plan. You can always try them later.

For some helpful information about the fundamentals of bodybuilding and training--and how to think your way through all of the information on the internet--I suggest you watch all of the videos I created during last year's Mass Machine Nutrition Bulking and Cutting Program Challenge.

Click here to watch those videos.

These videos will get you off to a great start.

Train Hard. Think Big.

1-27-13

Sound off MASS MACHINES!

What's one MAJOR thing you WILL accomplish this week that has been lingering--and you know you absolutely MUST get it done? It can be either inside or outside of the gym.

Commit to finally getting it done right here.

I will ask you this every single week in 2013 and do whatever I can to help you follow through. That's my commitment to YOU.

Train Hard. Think Big.

Skip La Cour's MASS MACHINE Bodybuilding & Training - #503

1-27-13

Bodybuilding and Training Advice for Teens (and Everyone Else Who Wants To Succeed)

Click Here to Listen to Podcast

Click Here to order Mass Machine Nutrition's MM180 PHYSIO-MACHINE SUPREME Capsules on Bodybuilding.com

Seanezekiel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks for the advice, videos and encouragement. I ordered some of your MM180 and will give that a try as well.

The ULTIMATE Transformation Contest "On Creatine" Launches Wednesday, January 30
    With A LIVE Call-In Podcast (Only 25 People Will Be Able To Join the Conversation)

(347) 326-9145 9 pm (Eastern) 6 pm (Pacific)

Send me an email at skip@massmachinenutrition.com if you plan to join the podcast.

(Podcast will be made available afterward)

During this program, the major emphasis will be on improving your MINDSET both inside and outside of the gym.

I will guide you through the action steps and strategies to bring about the SUPREME CONFIDENCE that's already inside of you just waiting to be unleashed.

The sense of SUPREME CONFIDENCE will help you improve in all areas of your life.

Unlike the Mass Machine Bulking and Cutting Program last year where I just wanted you take any positive action in the gym, I am going to outline and explain specific MASS MACHINE training, eating, and supplementation strategies---step-by-step.

If you are stuck and are willing to take a blind leap of faith, then you'll want to follow my "template."

Train Hard. Think Big.
    Last edited by skiplacour; 01-28-2013 at 05:23 PM.

Dr.Griefo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dr.Griefo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dr.Griefo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dr.Griefo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dr.Griefo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dr.Griefo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dr.Griefo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dr.Griefo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dr.Griefo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dr.Griefo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Dr.Griefo is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Box press vs bench press

Hi Skip,

I am on a 5/3/1 program and finding that bench pressing is putting a lot of strain on my front shoulders. I tried box presses and found that these have reduced the strain on my shoulders. For chest development, and general strength, are the box presses a good substitute for bench pressing?

Thanks

Originally Posted by Dr.Griefo View Post
    Hi Skip,

I am on a 5/3/1 program and finding that bench pressing is putting a lot of strain on my front shoulders. I tried box presses and found that these have reduced the strain on my shoulders. For chest development, and general strength, are the box presses a good substitute for bench pressing?

Thanks
    Hi Dr.Griefo.....

Tell me what you goals for training are. That will help me come up with substitutes.

Also, why don't you post a YouTube video of you doing the Bench Press so I take a look at it? Maybe there is something I see that can help you alleviate some of the strain on your front shoulders that you might not have noticed.

Train Hard. Think Big.

CALL IN TONIGHT and GIVE ME YOUR INPUT!

The ULTIMATE Transformation Contest "On Creatine" Launches TONIGHT Wednesday, January 30
    With A LIVE Call-In Podcast (Only 25 People Will Be Able To Join the Conversation)

Send me an email with your area code (so I know it is you) at skip@massmachinenutrition.com if you plan to join the podcast.

Click here to listen to the podcast live at showtime
    Last edited by skiplacour; 01-30-2013 at 04:57 PM.

loucurley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) loucurley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) loucurley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) loucurley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) loucurley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) loucurley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) loucurley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) loucurley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) loucurley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) loucurley is a jewel in the rough. (+500) loucurley is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by skiplacour View Post
    CALL IN TONIGHT and GIVE ME YOUR INPUT!

The ULTIMATE Transformation Contest "On Creatine" Launches TONIGHT Wednesday, January 30

Send me an email with your area code (so I know it is you) at skip@massmachinenutrition.com if you plan to join the podcast.

Where are these podcasts available for download?
    Blood and Guts

Originally Posted by loucurley View Post
    Where are these podcasts available for download?
    The will be available on this message board as they are presented over the next couple of month.

Listen to tonight's podcast for all of the information and details in regard to this program.

CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Yo Skip, I've been looking for a good time to jump into the mass machine program. looks like tonight is the night to tune in to the podcast. It's kinda beta to admit you could use a coach in day to day life, but I'm sure I could benefit.

jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

1-27-13

Sound off MASS MACHINES!

What's one MAJOR thing you WILL accomplish this week that has been lingering--and you know you absolutely MUST get it done? It can be either inside or outside of the gym.

Commit to finally getting it done right here.

I will ask you this every single week in 2013 and do whatever I can to help you follow through. That's my commitment to YOU.

Train Hard. Think Big.
    This week I MUST set a meeting with a role-model and discuss a career change. Been putting this off WAY too long.

Also I'm EXCITED about this contest. PUMPED!
    http://thatfitguy.com - No BS Fitness Truth
    http://youtube.com/thatfitguycom for videos
    http://blogtalkradio.com/thatfitguy for my weekly podcast
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151574043&p for my 49 Days To Supreme Confidence Journal

Originally Posted by CBRob View Post
    Yo Skip, I've been looking for a good time to jump into the mass machine program. looks like tonight is the night to tune in to the podcast. It's kinda beta to admit you could use a coach in day to day life, but I'm sure I could benefit.
    Hi CBRob.....

It's a very smart thing to use the experiences of a mentor to save you from pain and frustration--while learning winning strategies sooner rather than much, much later.

Train Hard. Think Big.

BRAND NEW PODCAST!

Podcast #29 - January 30, 2013

Introduction to the Mass Machine Nutrition "49 Days To SUPREME Confidence" Transformation Challenge

Click Here to listen and/or download this week's podcast.

Send me your FEEDBACK about this episode at skip@massmachinenutrition.com

Click here to order Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition right here on Bodybuilding.com today.

atw1552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atw1552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atw1552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atw1552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey Skip, I'm excited about this manformation aka the creatine micro challenge; 49 days to supreme confidence. 49 lessons to help attain a higher level of confidence. I started this major lifestyle change in March of 2012, but I did it on my own. Now, with your help I really want to accomplish levels of fitness, academic success, and professional success, that I would have otherwise have taken alot longer to reach. Podcast #1 done.

Confidence: 5 (out of ten)
    "If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more, and become more, you are a leader"
    John Quincy Adams

Originally Posted by atw1552 View Post
    Hey Skip, I'm excited about this manformation aka the creatine micro challenge; 49 days to supreme confidence. 49 lessons to help attain a higher level of confidence. I started this major lifestyle change in March of 2012, but I did it on my own. Now, with your help I really want to accomplish levels of fitness, academic success, and professional success, that I would have otherwise have taken alot longer to reach. Podcast #1 done.

Confidence: 5 (out of ten)
    Thanks for the feedback, atw1552! I appreciate it.

I KNOW this is a journey that many, many people will greatly benefit from--even though they may not realize yet. Or, they're just suppressing their enthusiasm.

Your comments shot me a little "electricity" to shake off my current and temporary state of exhaustion due my long workdays--and get ready to kick thing into gear! Well timed, sir.

Train Hard Think Big.

atw1552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atw1552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atw1552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) atw1552 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    "1-27-13

Sound off MASS MACHINES!

What's one MAJOR thing you WILL accomplish this week that has been lingering--and you know you absolutely MUST get it done? It can be either inside or outside of the gym."

My wife just gave birth for the 5th time in 6 years. So, I really have to be diligent with balancing work/family/and self. I am prioritizing, but I have no excuses. Finances are tough, work is relentless, family is demanding, but my mental, physical, and spiritual well-being are paramout. This week I will start the next phase of my bulking, help my wife get back on her feet, and get ready for the a Ph.d candicacy interview scheduled for the 15th of February. I feel the emotional pressure, and I have learned in times past (when I had similiar pressures) that I relied on archaic forms of coping which were unhealthy for me (i.e. addictions to explicit material, over-eating, not excercising, and blaming/projecting responsibility). This time I want it to be different. This week will be different. I am a MASS MACHINE.
    Last edited by atw1552; 01-31-2013 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Quoting
    "If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more, and become more, you are a leader"
    John Quincy Adams

Originally Posted by henderjb View Post
    Skip, I ran across an video today of Q&A seminar with an IFBB pro. The topic turned to post-workout nutrition and it was said that the most common mistake people make with post-workout nutrition is that everyone thinks you should have both carbs & protein post-workout.

In this pros opinion, it "killed" growth hormone levels when you consume carbs post-workout. He was recommending consuming a whey protein alone without carbs immediately post-workout to take advantage of the post-workout elevated growth hormone levels. Then follow it up with a meal containing both protein & carbs 30 minutes later. I have heard that growth hormone levels are highest post-workout, but have always heard that you should consume both protein & carbs immediately post-workout. I can't help but be curious about this & would love to hear your opinion.
    I am always looking to adapt training, eating, and nutrition, however I am pragmattic in my approach. I find that what works for me, may not work for others ALL OF THE TIME. So in my thinking, this IBFF pro is probally telling others what works best for HIM/HER and encourages others to follow suite (that is my best guess). By the way, what works best for me (for an increase in size, energy, and decrease in soarness) is drinking a shake with: 1 & 1/2 scoop of protein powder, 1 scoop of either Vitargo or Cocoa powder, 5 g of creatine, 1 tbsp of either flax seed/virgin olive oil/grapeseed oil, and hot water. I drink that within 10 minutes of my workout, I then eat my last meal (as I work out in the evening) 45-55 min later. That works for ME, but I am not so presumptious to think that it would work for everyone.
    John Quincy Adams

Meet Tyler Leenknecht

Meet Tyler Leenknecht. He is a Mass Machine! Tyler is a 28 year old natural bodybuilder from Renton, Washington. Last year, Tyler came in 4th place in the NPC Team Universe Bodybuilding Championships (his very first national level bodybuilding contest).

Become "Friends" with Tyler and follow his bodybuilding and training journey on ********:
    http://www.********.com/tyler.leenknecht

Click Here to order Mass Machine Nutrition's MM180 PHYSIO-MACHINE SUPREME Capsules on Bodybuilding.com

SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SammyJr has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    skip when will you upload the rest of the '02 all star seminar?

Originally Posted by SammyJr View Post
    skip when will you upload the rest of the '02 all star seminar?
    Hi SammyJr...

I'm glad there is an interest! I thought that would get a lot more views and comments than it sis because of the stars who were on it and the drug talk.

I will get on that soon. It takes some editing work on my part.

Train Hard. Think Big.

jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jerothas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    meet tyler leenknecht

meet tyler leenknecht. He is a mass machine! Tyler is a 28 year old natural bodybuilder from renton, washington. Last year, tyler came in 4th place in the npc team universe bodybuilding championships (his very first national level bodybuilding contest).

Become "friends" with tyler and follow his bodybuilding and training journey on ********:
    http://www.********.com/tyler.leenknecht

click here to order mass machine nutrition's mm180 physio-machine supreme capsules on bodybuilding.com
    awesome!
    http://thatfitguy.com - No BS Fitness Truth
    http://youtube.com/thatfitguycom for videos
    http://blogtalkradio.com/thatfitguy for my weekly podcast
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=151574043&p for my 49 Days To Supreme Confidence Journal

Closed Thread
Page 268 of 364 FirstFirst ... 168 218 258 266 267 268 269 270 278 318 ... LastLast