Registered User Realgirlslift22's Avatar
    Realgirlslift22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Getting lean in 13 weeks?

Hi everyone! Well I have been lifting seriously for a while now and have no problem killing it in the gym; however, I know my hard work does not truly show with this fat covering my muscles and I know I need to really clean up the diet and know exactly what I am taking in. Well on Sunday 2/12/12 it is 13 weeks until I step foot on the beach. I want to be the leanest I've ever been and pretty much in contest worthy shape. I don't know if it is possible in 13 weeks but who knows? I'm incredibly determined. I am about 152 lbs, 5'6 1/2, and 19 years old. I believe I have a good bit of muscle mass. I want your honest opinions and thoughts on my diet and training. Thanks a lot for reading.

1.) 1 whole egg, 4 whites
    1/2 cup oats
    2.) 4 oz chicken
    2 cups non starchy veggies (like spinach)
    1 tsp olive oil
    3.) same as meal 2
    4.) same as meal 2 and 3
    5.) 4 oz chicken
    1 grapefruit

Training is as follows: vvvvvvvvv

Sunday- glutes/hams and 1 hour low intensity cardio
    Monday- chest/back, calves and 45 mins cardio (30 mins hiit and 15 mins low intensity)
    Tuesday- shoulders, abs and 1 hour low intensity cardio
    Wednesday- arms, calves and 45 mins cardio (30 mins hiit and 15 mins low intensity)
    Thursday- quads, hams and 1 hour low intensity cardio
    Friday- track workout
    Saturday- rest

Originally Posted by Realgirlslift22 View Post
    Hi everyone! Well I have been lifting seriously for a while now and have no problem killing it in the gym; however, I know my hard work does not truly show with this fat covering my muscles and I know I need to really clean up the diet and know exactly what I am taking in. Well on Sunday 2/12/12 it is 13 weeks until I step foot on the beach. I want to be the leanest I've ever been and pretty much in contest worthy shape. I don't know if it is possible in 13 weeks but who knows? I'm incredibly determined. I am about 152 lbs, 5'6 1/2, and 19 years old. I believe I have a good bit of muscle mass. I want your honest opinions and thoughts on my diet and training. Thanks a lot for reading.

1.) 1 whole egg, 4 whites
    1/2 cup oats
    2.) 4 oz chicken
    2 cups non starchy veggies (like spinach)
    1 tsp olive oil
    3.) same as meal 2
    4.) same as meal 2 and 3
    5.) 4 oz chicken
    1 grapefruit

Training is as follows: vvvvvvvvv

Sunday- glutes/hams and 1 hour low intensity cardio
    Monday- chest/back, calves and 45 mins cardio (30 mins hiit and 15 mins low intensity)
    Tuesday- shoulders, abs and 1 hour low intensity cardio
    Wednesday- arms, calves and 45 mins cardio (30 mins hiit and 15 mins low intensity)
    Thursday- quads, hams and 1 hour low intensity cardio
    Friday- track workout
    Saturday- rest
    Also forgot to add 1/4 cup oats on meal 2, 3, and 4

wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Does it fit in your macros? If it doesn't your not going to get lean regardless of how 'clean' your diet is.

I was aiming for around 150 g of protein, 130 g of carbs and around 35-40 g of fat. Of course it's hard to get exactly on those numbers but do you think that sounds good for now? As a few weeks go by, I am sure a few changes will be made.

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Realgirlslift22 View Post
    I want to be the leanest I've ever been and pretty much in contest worthy shape.
    Contest worthy shape and looking good for the beach are 2 completely different ballparks. 13 weeks is enough time to make some decent changes if you are true to your plan. But you would need more time looking to get at your leanest.

I'm not sure how long you've been weight training, but you're young. It takes a lot of years for women to add quality muscle to their frames. Once you really start lowering your body fat, you'll see exactly what I'm talking about.

Your calories seem a bit low. I would stick close to 1600 and only adjust if needed.

True HIIT doesn't last any longer then 20 min. Too much cardio, let your diet do the work for you.

Good luck.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you don't drop to around 1,200 cals you'll make very slow progress. Get your 120 G's of protien and go from there.

My wife had similar stats as you when I reconnected with her after 30 years. Got her on the proper program and now she's holding at 125 and looks perfect. She accomplished this fairly quickly and now maintains at around 1,500
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000) dreahere is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Tommy W. View Post
    If you don't drop to around 1,200 cals you'll make very slow progress. Get your 120 G's of protien and go from there.

My wife had similar stats as you when I reconnected with her after 30 years. Got her on the proper program and now she's holding at 125 and looks perfect. She accomplished this fairly quickly and now maintains at around 1,500
    Your wife is 5'6-ish and she has to stay at 1500 calories a day to *maintain* her weight and you consider that a success? Srsly? OP, don't listen to this. You do not need to starve yourself on 1200 calories a day.
    "Eat some oatmeal, do some squats, how hard is that seriously."--Prof Ham
    ..............................................................................
    Team Cookies Give You Superpowers
    ...............................................................................
    For the lulz and an occasional intelligent thought, plus pics:

http://musclemilkisnotaeuphemism.blogspot.com/

Originally Posted by kimm4 View Post
    Contest worthy shape and looking good for the beach are 2 completely different ballparks. 13 weeks is enough time to make some decent changes if you are true to your plan. But you would need more time looking to get at your leanest.

I'm not sure how long you've been weight training, but you're young. It takes a lot of years for women to add quality muscle to their frames. Once you really start lowering your body fat, you'll see exactly what I'm talking about.

Your calories seem a bit low. I would stick close to 1600 and only adjust if needed.

True HIIT doesn't last any longer then 20 min. Too much cardio, let your diet do the work for you.

Good luck.
    Oh totally, I know contest worthy shape takes insane dedication and plenty of time to look really tight and truly presentable on stage. I probably should have worded that differently lol! What I meant was just getting as lean as possible in that time but of course no crash dieting. It would be awesome to look like a competitor but I know a more serious approach would be needed. I have weight trained seriously since my acl/meniscus surgery in 09' but in the past year I have really made some improvements. I have always trained intensely and eaten "clean" but always eaten too much clean stuff. I definitely want to see how I look lean though and see what muscle I have gained and move on from there. Thanks a ton for your knowledge and input!

Thank you for your reply but that sounds incredibly low, even for someone that nearly sits all day. I would probably go insane and lose all my strength for sure on cals that low. I train very intensely and have been doing more cardio lately but my weights are first in my book. you sure your wife isn't a lot smaller than my height, etc?

Originally Posted by dreahere View Post
    Your wife is 5'6-ish and she has to stay at 1500 calories a day to *maintain* her weight and you consider that a success? Srsly? OP, don't listen to this. You do not need to starve yourself on 1200 calories a day.
    Lol I would be going insane! I used to have a big binging problem and would probably resort to that again on such low cals...luckily I cut out that crazy issue. Thanks for your post. I definitely won't starve but I'm sure I will get a little hungry.

Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10) Ivey_Itch is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by dreahere View Post
    Exactly!
    I want to be the best.

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    If you haven't tried IF (intermittent fasting), you should to see if it suits you. Some people love it. My wife and I included. You don't need to eat a bunch of small, unsatisfying meals every day. We do a 16\8 program. Fast for 16 and eat for 8.

At 5-6 1\2 and 153 you're probably at around in the 26% bodyfat range which equates to about 39 lbs. of fat. Multiply 39 times 30. this is 1,170.
    This represents the max defecit without losing lean mass. If you maintain on 2,000 cals then that leaves a daily intake of (gasp) 830 cals. As you lose fat you raise your cals accordingly. You DON"T need to be feeding body fat.

Once you understand that you can go on a lot bigger defecit than you think, the fat comes off very quickly. Is it enjoyable? Hell no. Does it work? Absolutely.

I've used this method several times over the years. I have a friend with no nutritional knowledge that decided to lose fat. He was probably around 18% and 6 foot tall. He took a leave from his stuntman job in Hollywood and built a barn for himself on his ranch and lived on 1 Jamba Juice a day and smoked pot all day. I saw him 2 months later and he looked incredible. Totally blew me away and shattered many ideas I had about fat loss. This was very extreme and not practical but it did prove a point to me.

Good luck with your goal
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) AD1984 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If you haven't tried IF (intermittent fasting), you should to see if it suits you. Some people love it. My wife and I included. You don't need to eat a bunch of small, unsatisfying meals every day. We do a 16\8 program. Fast for 16 and eat for 8.

At 5-6 1\2 and 153 you're probably at around in the 26% bodyfat range which equates to about 39 lbs. of fat. Multiply 39 times 30. this is 1,170.
    This represents the max defecit without losing lean mass. If you maintain on 2,000 cals then that leaves a daily intake of (gasp) 830 cals. As you lose fat you raise your cals accordingly. You DON"T need to be feeding body fat.

Once you understand that you can go on a lot bigger defecit than you think, the fat comes off very quickly. Is it enjoyable? Hell no. Does it work? Absolutely.

I've used this method several times over the years. I have a friend with no nutritional knowledge that decided to lose fat. He was probably around 18% and 6 foot tall. He took a leave from his stuntman job in Hollywood and built a barn for himself on his ranch and lived on 1 Jamba Juice a day and smoked pot all day. I saw him 2 months later and he looked incredible. Totally blew me away and shattered many ideas I had about fat loss. This was very extreme and not practical but it did prove a point to me.

Good luck with your goal
    I don't see the point of giving the OP the advice to go on a crash diet. I do IF when cutting because I enjoy a bigger meal in the evening and because my calories are far less than usual. However, a deficit of 800 calories is way too much...I've done the 1200 calories back in the day when I didn't know much about nutrition, because I was listening to people like you. Honestly, a maintenance of 1500 calories is nothing to be proud about. I'd be miserable at such a low number year round!

OP, if you calculate your macros, cut 20-25% of total your calories and train, you will look better in 13 weeks than you do now. You'd better off taking a slow and sensible approach to dieting.

rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rockangel is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Good luck with your goal
    Holy cow!! 1 jumba juice and pot, yeah there is a GREAT nutritionally sound program to follow. also very legal and a good way to keep most jobs. That is officially the dumbest thing i have heard in my LIFE!!!
    Glad this made a point to you, but its stupid, risky, and unneccesary!! Horrid advice all round.
    www.bikinisandbiceps.com
    IG@bikinisandbiceps

MPH, CPT and Nutrition and Wellness Coach

No one is going to care more about your progress than you. Everyone else is too busy chasing their own. You either do what you need to do to progress, or you remain where you are. The choice is yours.