Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    waynearendse77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just posting to say found your entire journal every inspiring but this is my favourite part.

"1) Thank God every day for my life, for my health, for my strength, give all glory to God. Without him, I am and have nothing."

Whohooo!!!! Nolsienols (my wife) and I will be routing for you when you go for your pro card keep us posted.
    I am a MASS MACHINE journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141392511&highlight=tyseagle

Skip La Cour - Mass Machine Bodybuilding: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107699061&highlight=skip+cour

http://www.massmachinenutrition.com

henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    waynerendse77 - so good to peak in on you & Nolsienols journals & see who you are! Thanks for posting in my journal so that I could discover two new Mass Machines!

I will be competing in the Team Universe this year, which is a pro qualifier. However, my goal is not to earn my pro card this year as I think I will need to take things in steps, with step one being moving up to the heavyweight class (I am typically a middle) and placing well (my goal for this year). Next year, I intend to continue to make improvements & get that pro card as a heavyweight. We'll see how God's plan unfolds! In the meantime - rest assured I'll be doing my part! Thanks for the support!

Click here to order
    Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Nutrition
    right here on Bodybuilding.com today

henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10) henderjb is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Thumbs up Thursday - Mind Training

Pushing through workout using the power of the mind to lead the body. Body still recovering from illness & need rest but work calls & so do workouts! I realize that training when you are not feeling well is actually very beneficial because it teaches you to use to power of your mind to tap into your body. This is what I posted in the forum today regarding that:

Just wanted to share a quick thought in support of training when you are recovering from a minor illness or feeling less than optimal. It kind of goes along with the MM Power Statement concerning letting the mind lead the body when training body parts you don't necessarily like to train. If you are able to let your mind lead your body when your body is feeling less than prime, then you are training your mind, building your mental strength to be able to train hard under all circumstances. This is a big part of bodybuilding and life success.

Even if you can't increase your weight on that day, go to the gym, use the power of your mind to at least maintain your previous lifts. Then you KNOW the next week when you come back, feeling 100%, you will WITHOUT DOUBT be able to set new records above & beyond that previously achieved.

Its important to train your mind to train your mind this way, especially if you compete. There will be days during competitions & strict dieting when your body is not feeling up to par, but if you can harness the power of your mind to overcome your body, you will be that much better.

MY WORKOUT ANALYSIS
    Bar Rows - used mental technique to get me in the zone, found it very useful. Generated good power. work on peak contractions
    Pulldowns - started w/ wrong grip (other than on my plan), didn't count that set. forgot to do intensity technique on last set - did an extra set. Used 10# heavier weight, but again, need to work on peak contractions
    Hammer Rows - experimenting w form. lighter weights w/ hold at peak contraction vs explosive style w heavier weights. Not sure which technique I like best. Really makes a difference on how much weight you use. I think maybe first two, slow w/ hold, 2nd two heavy & explosive
    Rack Pulls - no way was I backing down. Used 10# heavier weight on each set than last week. Still no where near limits
    Thought upon completion: lats felt deeply pulled so workout seems effective. lower back definately hit from rack pulls

Tried to listen to conference live tonight but breaking up. Decided time best spent to looking at other's journals & writing mine.

What daily disciplines do I NEED TO IMPROVE UPON today?
    7) Maintain a positive, can-do attitude – positive energy 24-7
    Still recovering from illness - easier to get irritated when you are tired. Remember to remain positive!

2) Get myself physically, emotionally, & psychologically ready for EVERY SINGLE set I perform in the gym.
    Worked with this, but improvement always needed.

What daily disciplines did I do EXCEPTIONALLY well at today?
    9) Do something to help or inspire someone else EVERY day

5) I will understand that my mind will ALWAYS lead my body
    didn't feel the best but my mind lead my body through a good workout w/o backing down in any weights & making gains

waynearendse77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by henderjb View Post
    waynerendse77 - so good to peak in on you & Nolsienols journals & see who you are! Thanks for posting in my journal so that I could discover two new Mass Machines!

I will be competing in the Team Universe this year, which is a pro qualifier. However, my goal is not to earn my pro card this year as I think I will need to take things in steps, with step one being moving up to the heavyweight class (I am typically a middle) and placing well (my goal for this year). Next year, I intend to continue to make improvements & get that pro card as a heavyweight. We'll see how God's plan unfolds! In the meantime - rest assured I'll be doing my part! Thanks for the support!

Click here to order
    Awesome thanks for the support sister, continue to shine as you do, beautiful inside equals beautiful out !!!
    I am a MASS MACHINE journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141392511&highlight=tyseagle

Skip La Cour - Mass Machine Bodybuilding: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107699061&highlight=skip+cour

http://www.massmachinenutrition.com

nolsienols has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile hi from nolsienols

Pushing through workout using the power of the mind to lead the body. Body still recovering from illness & need rest but work calls & so do workouts! I realize that training when you are not feeling well is actually very beneficial because it teaches you to use to power of your mind to tap into your body. This is what I posted in the forum today regarding that:

Just wanted to share a quick thought in support of training when you are recovering from a minor illness or feeling less than optimal. It kind of goes along with the MM Power Statement concerning letting the mind lead the body when training body parts you don't necessarily like to train. If you are able to let your mind lead your body when your body is feeling less than prime, then you are training your mind, building your mental strength to be able to train hard under all circumstances. This is a big part of bodybuilding and life success.

Even if you can't increase your weight on that day, go to the gym, use the power of your mind to at least maintain your previous lifts. Then you KNOW the next week when you come back, feeling 100%, you will WITHOUT DOUBT be able to set new records above & beyond that previously achieved.

Its important to train your mind to train your mind this way, especially if you compete. There will be days during competitions & strict dieting when your body is not feeling up to par, but if you can harness the power of your mind to overcome your body, you will be that much better.

MY WORKOUT ANALYSIS
    Bar Rows - used mental technique to get me in the zone, found it very useful. Generated good power. work on peak contractions
    Pulldowns - started w/ wrong grip (other than on my plan), didn't count that set. forgot to do intensity technique on last set - did an extra set. Used 10# heavier weight, but again, need to work on peak contractions
    Hammer Rows - experimenting w form. lighter weights w/ hold at peak contraction vs explosive style w heavier weights. Not sure which technique I like best. Really makes a difference on how much weight you use. I think maybe first two, slow w/ hold, 2nd two heavy & explosive
    Rack Pulls - no way was I backing down. Used 10# heavier weight on each set than last week. Still no where near limits
    Thought upon completion: lats felt deeply pulled so workout seems effective. lower back definately hit from rack pulls

Tried to listen to conference live tonight but breaking up. Decided time best spent to looking at other's journals & writing mine.

What daily disciplines do I NEED TO IMPROVE UPON today?
    Still recovering from illness - easier to get irritated when you are tired. Remember to remain positive!

2) Get myself physically, emotionally, & psychologically ready for EVERY SINGLE set I perform in the gym.
    Worked with this, but improvement always needed.

5) I will understand that my mind will ALWAYS lead my body
    didn't feel the best but my mind lead my body through a good workout w/o backing down in any weights & making gains
    Hi just wanted to pop in to say thanks for writing on my journal. It is great and encouraging to see more women doing the challenge. I am a bit short of time to view all your journal right now but you have really motivated me in the bits i have read. We are hoping to do a video soon so will keep everyone posted. Have a good weekend.

ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Member of the Global Bodybuilding Organization

2015/2016 National Qualifier Mens Physique
    Contest Prep Coach -- Dr. J. Parker Posing Coach -- Jen Cook, NPC Judge/IFBB Pro
    Training Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155564773

Real science > Bro science

Checked your video - sounds like we all got the same crud! That's alright, its not match for MASS MACHINES!
    Originally Posted by ScottRoland View Post

Thumbs up Friday - Chest DECONGESTION!

Woke up this morning, 2nd day on the antibiotics. Still feeling like I need a lot of sleep, but am committed to writing in my journal every night & checking others, working out every morning, deadlines at work, so must go on.

A bit worried I was feeling tired & my workout wouldn't be the best - instead, just the opposite! Got it in my head of what I WOULD do & got it in my head that I needed to go as hard as possible & get it done. Sometimes I am like that, I just want to nail it as hard as I can because if I go any other way it won't be good.

Calves - packed on even more weight on donkey calves, pushing with explosion. Possibly could work on better contractions. Lying calves - more weight - ditto. Blasted them out

Chest - got more weight on every exercise. used mental techniques to get me in the prime state. Finding this is amazing & I can get so much more. How I grab the weights from the start makes a big difference. I just grab them like I mean it, like I am man handling them, like they are the enemy & just start slamming them. People gonna think I'm a bit nutz w/ the grunting & intensity, but who cares its effective!
    Last set - cables - lost a bit of intensity. Had to wait for cables.

Leg Pump - remembered Tyler's video of him lunging w/ 315 & went to work on my lunges. Really got into it & the explosive power of my legs. love it when i can really get the piston like leg action. No fear. Totally in muscle.

When finished w/ workout, so glad I came. Looked at myeslf in the mirror flexing my pumped quads. You tell me I am not a Mass Machine I said to myself. Mirror's don't lie. (that sounds cocky but not meant like that, just proud to be me & to work hard)
    Had a great workout & on the way in I was just thinking I wasn't going to make it. So ragged out.

What daily disciplines do I NEED TO IMPROVE upon today?
    6) Eat all meals within 10 minutes of scheduled time and finish eating them within 15 minutes of the first bite
    Lunch was about 20 min late - forgot egg whites - had to run to store

Not bad at this, but need to stop thinking I am tired.

3) Constantly push my limits in the gym outside my comfort zone & into the zone of growth

5) I will understand that my mind will ALWAYS lead my body, I will BUCK UP, and act as if those body parts (legs) I don't like to train are the ones I love to train more than any other"

What was GREAT about my day?
    1) The deadline I was under got postponed! See, sometimes you just need to chill. Also, if you are under the gun, that probably means somebody else is too because you always are on top of things.
    2) Great workout when I thought maybe it wouldn't be
    3) It is Friday & I am off work Monday!
    4) I made it through an extremely challenging week due to physical ailments. Never missed a workout & never had a bad workout. Stayed true to myself & the challenge.

What can I improve upon to make things EVEN BETTER?
    1) get some sleep tonight so I can fully recover

What can I do to make things EVEN MORE enjoyable?
    1) keep helping people
    2) stay active in the challenge
    3) keep meeting my goals
    4) recognize my results & let them drive me further

I am most definately a CHAMPION MASS MACHINE!

Click here to order

Post Conference Call 6 - Outlining Your Basic Eating Plan

You already know enough to succeed.

I do NOT consider anyone who does NOT readily know the answers to these questions and even have them written down to be in a position to succeed at the level they want with their bodybuilding and training goals.

10 QUESTIONS ABOUT YOUR EATING HABITS THAT YOU ABSOLUTELY MUST HAVE THE ANSWERS TO IF YOU REALLY WANT TO SUCCEED WITH YOUR BODYBUILDING AND TRAINING EFFORTS

1. How many total calories do you eat over the course of the day?

2. How much protein is in your daily diet (grams and percentage)?

3. How many carbohydrates are in your daily diet (grams and percentage)?

4. What types of carbohydrates do you each each day (starchy, sugars, fruits, and fibrous) and when do you eat them?

5. How much fat is in your daily diet (grams and percentage)?

6. How many meals do you divide your daily caloric total into?

7. Do those meals have structured and planned times every day? If so, what are those times?

8. On a scale from 1 to 10 (10 being outstanding; 1 being terrible; 5 being average), just how CONSISTENT are you at following through with this structured eating plan? How long have you been executing your plan at that level (and, do you really think that's long enough to have reached your goals? Be honest.)

9. Are your "cheat days" and/or "cheat meals" (those days and meals that you eat not-so-healthy, "junk" food structured into your nutritional program) planned in advance? How many of those days and meals are planned? When are those days and meals planned?

10. Do you have this eating program outlined and documented in a computer spreadsheet (or at least have it written down on paper)?

11. What is your supplement program and how does that work into your eating plans?

I do NOT consider anyone who does NOT readily know the answers to these questions and even have them written down to be in a position to succeed at the level they want with their bodybuilding and training goals.

Your diet is THAT important!

MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    [QUOTE=henderjb;833739351]Woke up this morning, 2nd day on the antibiotics. Still feeling like I need a lot of sleep, but am committed to writing in my journal every night & checking others, working out every morning, deadlines at work, so must go on.

A bit worried I was feeling tired & my workout wouldn't be the best - instead, just the opposite! Got it in my head of what I WOULD do & got it in my head that I needed to go as hard as possible & get it done. Sometimes I am like that, I just want to nail it as hard as I can because if I go any other way it won't be good.

Calves - packed on even more weight on donkey calves, pushing with explosion. Possibly could work on better contractions. Lying calves - more weight - ditto. Blasted them out

Chest - got more weight on every exercise. used mental techniques to get me in the prime state. Finding this is amazing & I can get so much more. How I grab the weights from the start makes a big difference. I just grab them like I mean it, like I am man handling them, like they are the enemy & just start slamming them. People gonna think I'm a bit nutz w/ the grunting & intensity, but who cares its effective!
    Last set - cables - lost a bit of intensity. Had to wait for cables.

Leg Pump - remembered Tyler's video of him lunging w/ 315 & went to work on my lunges. Really got into it & the explosive power of my legs. love it when i can really get the piston like leg action. No fear. Totally in muscle.

When finished w/ workout, so glad I came. Looked at myeslf in the mirror flexing my pumped quads. You tell me I am not a Mass Machine I said to myself. Mirror's don't lie. (that sounds cocky but not meant like that, just proud to be me & to work hard)
    Had a great workout & on the way in I was just thinking I wasn't going to make it. So ragged out.

What daily disciplines do I NEED TO IMPROVE upon today?
    6) Eat all meals within 10 minutes of scheduled time and finish eating them within 15 minutes of the first bite
    Lunch was about 20 min late - forgot egg whites - had to run to store

Not bad at this, but need to stop thinking I am tired.

3) Constantly push my limits in the gym outside my comfort zone & into the zone of growth

5) I will understand that my mind will ALWAYS lead my body, I will BUCK UP, and act as if those body parts (legs) I don't like to train are the ones I love to train more than any other"

1) The deadline I was under got postponed! See, sometimes you just need to chill. Also, if you are under the gun, that probably means somebody else is too because you always are on top of things.
    2) Great workout when I thought maybe it wouldn't be
    3) It is Friday & I am off work Monday!
    4) I made it through an extremely challenging week due to physical ailments. Never missed a workout & never had a bad workout. Stayed true to myself & the challenge.

What can I improve upon to make things EVEN BETTER?
    1) get some sleep tonight so I can fully recover

1) keep helping people
    2) stay active in the challenge
    3) keep meeting my goals
    4) recognize my results & let them drive me further

I am most definately a CHAMPION MASS MACHINE!

Yes you most definitely are a Mass Machine. Get well fast!

MzJ
    "Transcending strengths and weaknesses, genius guides us in the expression of our character and the discovery of our calling."

jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey Mass Machines!

Here's an Excel spreadsheet I put together to help you with this weeks assignment. Just enter in the basic info and it will do your daily macros, calorie, and percentage totals. Hope this helps you all...

Download here: http://www.muscleworx.com/MMNJournal.xlsx

Jason

Click here to order
    "You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done. " - Rocky Balboa 2007

http://www.muscleworx.com

Thumbs up Saturday - Evolution of Henderjb

Set alarm this morning 6AM in keeping with my new daily discipline to get up at 6:00 on Sat morning & get to the gym as soon as they open at 8. In March, the gym is going 24 hours.

Got up & got things going. Got to gym 8:10. Ran into some friends, would have like to talk, but I am after a different goal than them. Their goal is to come in the gym to socialize & be with friends. I respect that & that is great, but I have to keep moving.

IPOD on - turned on Mass Machine power statements. Skip says listen to them 5 times/week. I haven't listened 5 days yet so put them on. Start abs. Getting good contractions. Not really enjoying them but think of how great they will look with all this effort. Forgot to use inhaler this morning. That is good I guess because that means I am getting better, but wish I had used it before workout just for precaution - still got some stuff in lungs.

Arms
    First exercise - pushdowns. took time to get myself in the zone. First set - felt light but weight was heavier than usual by 10#. Wondered if i had the cable set too high allowing me to use more weight. Raised it to check, but seemed too high. Must be where I usually have it. this time, wrote position down. increased weight. Kept feeling light. Kept increasing - ended up doing 6 sets vs 4 because first 2 seemed too light. Little too much time getting my head straight on this first exercise. Think it was a confidence issue - still not feeling best from cold - worried I would not be my best. Guess I am proving that wrong.

Tricep workout continued. Using mental techniques w/ physical anchor. Find when I grab the weights/bar like I am going to kill it, it signals in my brain that i am in control & go! Gonna manhandle the weights! I told them that & i was!

On to biceps. Running into people along my path to get DB. Avoiding contact. Might say something running by but leave headphones on. Hate to do this, but need to stay in zone. Cranking bicep curls like mad. No longer allowed to use 30# - too light. Now using 35#.

Bicep workout continued like that. Awesome. Last set - DB incline curls. need to work on these. Only exercise I did not increase. think I was spent in my mind, not as focused as I should have been on this last exercise.

On to cardio. Forgot magazine. That is a bummer but reviewed workout & took notes. Remember thinking during workout that I am finally turning into who I want to be. Reviewed Monday's workout. Need to get prepped for leg battle. Was really a good thing that I forgot my mag so I could start looking at this. Thinking how I was going to attack legs. Starting the mental prep.

Listened to conference call playback last night. Thinking I already knew most of the info. Then I thought how I know it because I have learned it & how long it has taken me to get this far. Got an idea that I could share my experiences with the Mass Machines & help them - set a good example. Skip is our Big Brother. Guess I feel like the Big Sister sometimes, always trying to help others & being asked a lot for help. I like it & want to be that person, so here's my video:

Click here to order
    Last edited by henderjb; 02-18-2012 at 01:33 PM.

baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) baldbird has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Awesome video hender, the log books are really impressive. It made me realize I need to start tracking my supps if I'm gonna be able to make good decisions based of my training and nutritional logs.
    Go hard or go home.

Every time you touch a piece of metal the purpose should be to build muscle-Skip La Cour

No were in the world does success come before work but in the dictionary-ET

I am a MASS MACHINE doing the "Challenge" and here's my journal!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141357311

MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10) MzJules is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Set alarm this morning 6AM in keeping with my new daily discipline to get up at 6:00 on Sat morning & get to the gym as soon as they open at 8. In March, the gym is going 24 hours.

Got up & got things going. Got to gym 8:10. Ran into some friends, would have like to talk, but I am after a different goal than them. Their goal is to come in the gym to socialize & be with friends. I respect that & that is great, but I have to keep moving.

IPOD on - turned on Mass Machine power statements. Skip says listen to them 5 times/week. I haven't listened 5 days yet so put them on. Start abs. Getting good contractions. Not really enjoying them but think of how great they will look with all this effort. Forgot to use inhaler this morning. That is good I guess because that means I am getting better, but wish I had used it before workout just for precaution - still got some stuff in lungs.

Arms
    First exercise - pushdowns. took time to get myself in the zone. First set - felt light but weight was heavier than usual by 10#. Wondered if i had the cable set too high allowing me to use more weight. Raised it to check, but seemed too high. Must be where I usually have it. this time, wrote position down. increased weight. Kept feeling light. Kept increasing - ended up doing 6 sets vs 4 because first 2 seemed too light. Little too much time getting my head straight on this first exercise. Think it was a confidence issue - still not feeling best from cold - worried I would not be my best. Guess I am proving that wrong.

Tricep workout continued. Using mental techniques w/ physical anchor. Find when I grab the weights/bar like I am going to kill it, it signals in my brain that i am in control & go! Gonna manhandle the weights! I told them that & i was!

On to biceps. Running into people along my path to get DB. Avoiding contact. Might say something running by but leave headphones on. Hate to do this, but need to stay in zone. Cranking bicep curls like mad. No longer allowed to use 30# - too light. Now using 35#.

Bicep workout continued like that. Awesome. Last set - DB incline curls. need to work on these. Only exercise I did not increase. think I was spent in my mind, not as focused as I should have been on this last exercise.

On to cardio. Forgot magazine. That is a bummer but reviewed workout & took notes. Remember thinking during workout that I am finally turning into who I want to be. Reviewed Monday's workout. Need to get prepped for leg battle. Was really a good thing that I forgot my mag so I could start looking at this. Thinking how I was going to attack legs. Starting the mental prep.

Listened to conference call playback last night. Thinking I already knew most of the info. Then I thought how I know it because I have learned it & how long it has taken me to get this far. Got an idea that I could share my experiences with the Mass Machines & help them - set a good example. Skip is our Big Brother. Guess I feel like the Big Sister sometimes, always trying to help others & being asked a lot for help. I like it & want to be that person, so here's my video:

Click here to order
    Thanks for the share Hender. It was good to hear. You DO NOT sound sick at all! smile ... Keep it coming Mass Machine!

MzJ
    "Transcending strengths and weaknesses, genius guides us in the expression of our character and the discovery of our calling."

Thanks for the feedback. The more you know man, the more you track - that's one step closer to your goals!
    Originally Posted by baldbird View Post
    Awesome video hender, the log books are really impressive. It made me realize I need to start tracking my supps if I'm gonna be able to make good decisions based of my training and nutritional logs.

Thumbs up Saturday - Evolution of Henderjb - continued

What daily disciplines did I need to IMPROVE upon today?
    10) Set alarm for 6AM on Saturday morning, skip coffee, straight to breakfast like Mon-Fri, get to the gym when they open at 8AM.
    you stayed in bed - 5-10 minutes - get up & get moving faster. step this on up when gym goes 24 hours in March

What do I really want to do today before I go to bed?
    I want to thank the Lord for making me everything I am, for giving me all my strengths, for giving me love and respect for myself, for giving me the abilities to help and inspire others, for allowing me to do the video today and translate it well & for the positive feedback from Skip. Thank Him for the joy & peace I feel in my heart as I go to bed. Thank the Lord I am getting better from this flu/cold/bronchitis & thank the Lord I have Monday off work! woo-hoo!
    I am a CHAMPION MASS MACHINE through Him who gives me strength!

jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jmorg714 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey Mass Machines!

Yesterday's Excel spreadsheet I put together to help you with this weeks assignment had the wrong formula for percentages. Here is a corrected one and link. Sorry guys and gals!

Download here: http://www.muscleworx.com/MMNJournal.xlsx

Jason

Click here to order
    "You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't how hard you hit; it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep moving forward. How much you can take, and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done. " - Rocky Balboa 2007

http://www.muscleworx.com

Thumbs up Sunday - Day of Rest

Up at 5:45 as usual for Sunday - head to early church. So nice to have an early service to go to to get me up & out of the house enjoying the morning then getting things done. Finished cooking for the week, finished homework assignment, took photos, listened to blogtalk radio, helping lots of people at my gym w/ competition questions. Helping people in general today with a variety of things actually.

Off work tomorrow - President's Day. Setting alarm for 4AM as usual - why sleep in? I can stay on schedule, head to the gym early when no one is there, have a great workout then head to work for a video shoot & upload. Then coffee w/ a friend while in town & back home to catch up on things around the house & hopefully read some more Thinking Big II. Got to read a bit more today.

What daily disciplines did I do EXCEPTIONALLY WELL at today?

What daily disciplines did I need to IMPROVE upon today?
    Haven't written my goal today since I usually do this before I head to the gym & Sunday is a non-training day. I should start writing it on Sundays too - here goes:
    I WILL earn my pro card at Team Universe by being motivated, dedicated, determined, maintaining a positive, can-do attitude, constantly pushing my limits outside my comfort zone & into the zone of growth. I am gifted. I am a CHAMPION MASS MACHINE

1) It was relaxing - not rushed for time
    2) I enjoy the homework assignments. Good refresher & reminder of things
    3) Being close to the Mass Machines through the forum & watching video's & Skip's responses gives a sense of having a coach close, not so long distance

What can I do to make things EVEN BETTER?
    1) Get 100% back to health. Don't think about not being fully back to health

What can I do to make things MORE ENJOYABLE?
    1) Get a good vision/attitude in your head about the legs tomorrow. Envision yourself as Kai. Symphony of legs - one with the body - fully in control. Think of results you are getting. Think of this as great opportunity to succeed - most room for improvement. Think of this as just one more way you can overcome the competition with the power of your mind leading you to develop massive legs.
    2) Completely enjoy your day off work tomorrow!
    3) plan your week - how you can work in MK appointments, success in all areas of life. that is a positive thing in life as well
    4) focus on how awesome tomorrow will be & jump out of bed to SLAM legs with PASSION!

I am a CHAMPION MASS MACHINE!

Click here to order

3) Being close to the Mass Machines through the forum & watching video's & Skip's responses gives a sense of having a coach close, not so long distance

Hey Hender,
    Ditto on 2 and 3. The community and accountability, the camaraderie and the challenge to step up, I too am soaking in it's effects. A good leader and mentor who feels accessible is key when we strive for excellence. This is a great opportunity to really grow. I love your journal, it always touches me in some way.
    Thankyou for being so transparent.

MzJ

ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ScottRoland is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Grand Masters = 50 and up ... yup.

I'll be there next year.... I'm Skips age...(almost)

I just seem younger because I'm so immature. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !
    Which is the way I like it !
    Member of the Global Bodybuilding Organization

2015/2016 National Qualifier Mens Physique
    Contest Prep Coach -- Dr. J. Parker Posing Coach -- Jen Cook, NPC Judge/IFBB Pro
    Training Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155564773

Real science > Bro science

Grandmaster - that reminds me of some kind of rapper thing - Grandmaster Roland! Did you ever see that Married With Children episode where Bud was Grandmaster B?!

Well seriously, awesome on you! WHEN you take the Coleman Classic title, I'll know the telepathy is in full swing!

Click here to order

Originally Posted by ScottRoland View Post
    Grand Masters = 50 and up ... yup.

I'll be there next year.... I'm Skips age...(almost)

I just seem younger because I'm so immature. WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee !
    Which is the way I like it !

Thanks Mz & transparent is just being me!

Click here to order

Originally Posted by MzJules View Post

Hey Hender,
    I love your journal, it always touches me in some way.
    Thankyou for being so transparent.

MzJ

mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mattpb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey henderjb,
    I just wanted to drop by and say what an inspiration you are, really enjoyed reading your journal and great new video with questions for Skip.
    Keep up the awesome job you are doing on this journal.

Mattpb
    I AM A MASS MACHINE

TRAIN HARD, THINK BIG!!

Thumbs up Monday - President's Day - Took Presidential Advantage of It!

Set alarm for 4AM just like it was a typical work day, but I am off! Plan to head to the gym, blast the leg workout before the gym gets busy & make sure I get all my meals on by keeping w/ my early schedule. Also had gym bag packed & food ready to go so I could head to the office right after work & shoot my video!

A bit excited about shooting the video - getting ideas while driving in to the gym - had to discipline myself to stop thinking about it & get into the leg workout zone!

Put on Mass Machine power statements during my abs. Using heavy weights for abs, possibly taking a bit too long between sets but pretty good, pushing myself to get an extra rep here & there, again, focusing on the results.

Legs - gonna evaluate the bottom line:
    Started out a little slow - fighting fear. In the back of my mind still a bit worried about my recent illness & the rattling in my lungs, afraid all the strength wouldn't be there - its was.

A bit more rest b/w sets of deads & pull-throughs.

Next exercise - squats - set the pin to stop so that when I hit it said go! found this technique very beneficial the last time I did these. Allowing me to go heavier & build confidence, just slamming it out no fear. Explosive technique. Like Kai Greene says, there is a time for slow & very focused & a time for drop in the bucket & slam out. At this time, on smith squats, I think I just need to drop in the bucket & slam out w/ heavy as possible weight building confidence & increasing weight every time. Using my mental techniques w/ physical anchor to slam these out. Finding hard breathing & grabbing the bar & grunting like a bull gets me stoked for the set. Sounds kind of crazy, but effective.

Single leg press - need to build mind/muscle connection & focus. Mind. Mind. Not hard. Mind. Need to use more weight & move faster. Feeling great pump though.

Extensions/lunge superset very in quads - constant tension. Very pumped quads. At end, flexed them - they felt great! Felt like I had "tore" a muscle already. Remember thinking who says you can't build great legs w/ light weights - mine aren't that heavy compared to some but the intensity, the focus more than makes up for the weight. I am seeing great results & will keep them in my head as I struggle to constantly use more weight. Awesome!

Back pump set - remember to put just as much intensity into these as when you do leg pump. Get back sore from just 4 sets!

What daily discipline did I do EXCEPTIONALLY WELL at today?
    1) Thank God every day for my life, for my health, for my strength, give all glory to God. Without him, I am and have nothing.
    I thanked him on the internet.

10) Set alarm for 6AM on Saturday morning, skip coffee, straight to breakfast like Mon-Fri, get to the gym when they open at 8AM.
    Wasn't a Sat but applicable to today since it was a Holiday. Set alarm at 4AM!

What daily discipline did I need to IMPROVE upon today?

I could have done better! did I just say that?

Messed up & ate 4:30 meal a half our early! Now I am holding my 7:30 meal - as scheduled. Maybe I should have pushed it up to 7:00 to be w/in 3 hours of when I ate last
    Took too long eating a meal when chatting w/ a friend

Isn't it interesting how it always seems a balance - there are always things I do well at but always things I need work on. Guess the goal is to see a pattern in swinging the balance in the direction of things i do great at

1) couldn't believe how long the day seemed by getting up at 4AM on my day off!
    2) I followed thru on the video & Skip likes it - a lot!
    3) I like me!
    4) The other mass machines are great. Love watching them & reading their posts.
    5) I helped my dad & got another visit in
    6) caught up with a friend I hadn't seen for a while.

1) Keep on a better meal schedule - you screwed one meal time up! Be careful

1) keep posting videos
    2) keep interacting on the forum
    3) Keep reaching my goals
    4) keep challenging myself
    5) don't let anybody make you nervous & don't worry about it
    6) keep being you!
    Last edited by henderjb; 02-20-2012 at 04:05 PM.

Loving you MzJules - realize your success & let it DRIVE you further!

Thanks Hender ... realizing a lot of things right now. Good questions!

MzJ

Thanks Mattpb! I saw where Pphelps said you helped her get her video together! Awesome job on the teamwork. Watched your latest video on the forum today too - cool - visualizing yourself as Skip & wondering who he visualizes. We'll see what he says!

Originally Posted by mattpb View Post
    Hey henderjb,
    I just wanted to drop by and say what an inspiration you are, really enjoyed reading your journal and great new video with questions for Skip.
    Keep up the awesome job you are doing on this journal.

Mattpb

Thumbs up Tuesday - Keep on Keepin On!

Woke up this morning, hams pretty trashed from yesterday's leg workout - that's a good thing I guess. Best I've felt waking up so far since I got sick. Sinuses felt almost normal - still fighting with the bronchitis but don't notice it except in the gym. Felt a little "off" today but pushing through. Still feeling a bit sleepy - guess its just my body recovering & maybe a little stress too - let it go.

Workout was good, here's the Synopsis:
    Listened to MM Power Statements during calves. Seated calves - added 5# & worked on really keeping it in muscle. Standing calves - added 10# on last 2 sets & kept reps same.

Forgot gymboss in locker - had to run get it. Make sure you have all your gear before heading out of locker - waste of time walking back & breaks focus. Waited until after calves to get it. just counted in my head to keep pace during calves.

DB Press - made sure I was 100% mentally,physically, emotionally set before I started. Was able to increase reps & weight by using this technique. Good control also.

DB Side laterals - thought to myself - the worst thing that can happen to a BB is when they are winning but feel like they are losing. This thought from Thinking Big II. Telling myself keep fighting w/ controlling the heavier weight - you are winning.

Smith Press - pushed heavier weight than last week but need to get reps up. Did an extra set since reps were low. Work on pushing more.

Front Laterals - getting stronger, building confidence, controlling weight. Same w/ 1/4 laterals.

Rev Pec Deck - low reps but just smoked from the workout. holding last week's weights. Remember thinking my shoulders had that "ripped" feeling like a deeply worked muscle (rip). Getting sore already tonight - this is good.

Cardio - Evaluated workout.

What daily disciplines did i do EXCEPTIONALLY WELL at today?
    Note: hungry today. Hungry right now!? is it just tired?
    8) NEVER sacrifice my identity or my standards to appease someone else or to avoid conflict. Take control of my environment, respect myself, assume CHAMPION, PRO, MASS-MACHINE identity
    Good - but don't doubt yourself

What daily disciplines did I need to IMPROVE UPON today?
    Had some hardships. Trying to keep my head up. Not sure how to handle. Just reminding myself to stay positive & think positive & it will be positive.
    I gave it a good stab. Really did try. There is only so much I can do w/o sacrificing my identity which I vowed not to do. Just sit back & let the positive
    seeds sow & let God work.

1) Foxy Shazam & dancing in the cube again. Just wanted to move & create some energy - office too quiet!
    2) My illness is fading
    3) Scheduled a MK appointment for Sunday
    4) Contacted gym about my demo
    5) gonna do it tomorrow - not letting negative vibes disrupt me
    6) new video questions on the forum makes it fun
    7) got somebody to join the challenge that I have been helping! Congrats to you girl!

1) Stay even more positive! Don't let an inch of negativity in
    2) Remember you control your environment
    3) Think of everything that is good
    4) pull more energy from the Mass Machines & give it back!

1) Have a positive outlook on what you are doing in the morning & have fun with it! Plan it! Enjoy it! Remember you are doing it for fun!
    2) think about how you are making your day interesting by doing what you are doing in the morning. It won't be routine - boring!
    3) Be happy at work that you have "mindless" things that you are supposed to help with
    4) Love yourself, love yourself, love yourself. Don't let anyone put anything negative in your head. You are a CHAMPION, a CHAMPION, a CHAMPION, and a CHAMPION MASS MACHINE!

Lets write my goal on more time today to reinforce it:
    I will earn my pro card at Team Universe by being motivated, dedicated, determined, staying focused on my goals, maintaining a positive, can-do attitude, constantly pushing myself outside my comfort zone, I am gifted, I am a CHAMPION MASS MACHINE & God loves me - okay I added that but he does!

Click here to order

Canz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Canz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Canz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Canz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Canz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Canz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Canz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Canz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Canz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Canz is on a distinguished road. (+10) Canz is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You really set the bar high with your latest video henderjb. Job well done.

YOU. Are a, MASS MACHINE!!!!

Click here to order
    James Canzanella
    Winner of Skip La Cour's 6 Month Bulking and Cutting Program Challenge

b: http://www.jamescanzanella.com/
    y: http://www.youtube.com/AMmuscleAHP
    f: http://www.********.com/james.canzanella

Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Lex29us is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Just had to stop by and say the video you did in the gym representing Mass Machine Nutrition was fantastic!! You may have made a new mass machine member. Great job JB.

YOU ARE A MASS MACHINE!!
    TRAINING HARD, & THINKING BIG!!

Click here to order
    Join "Skip La Cour's Mass Machine Bodybuilding" BULKING AND CUTTING PROGRAM CHALLENGE!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7b5T75Ci8Zw

"Whatever the mind can conceive, can always be achieved!"

"Visualization is the seed, that sprouts success"

http://www.********.com/Tucks71?ref=tn_tnmn#!/Tucks71

http://twitter.com/#!/Lex29us

Post Notes: Skip's Response to Are My Standards High Enough

My Journal tonight is going to be my notes from Skip's Video Response to my question concerning my standards:

Your goals can be better by becoming more specific

Your standards are driven by your goals. The more intense, clear, & focused your goals are its easier to step back and create those daily standards that you need to do every single day to achieve your goals when they are clear, concise, and specific

What specifically is a higher level & how would you know that you achieved that higher level?

Motivated to succeed - What has to happen in order for you to feel the level of motivation that you want?

Self belief, self-confidence, how would you act, how would you not act, how would you feel, what would you do when you have that self-belief. What are the indicators that you know you have achieved that? In the gym, on the stage, in your every day life, in your job

Role model - how are you going to do that? nationally, in your city, whole globe? How do you plan to do this? website? videos like this? are you going to have most read thread on BB.com? do you see how when you define your goal, when it comes to standards & disciplines what you will do every single day to achieve that goal, who you will talk to, who will you become friends with, how you will pick Skip's brain. When you get specific w/ your goal your standards become more clear

overcome negative energy -there are probably 3 things that you deal with. how would you feel, how would you act instead of the way that you are acting now & those would be the indicators that you overcome negative energy. How would I walk, talk, feel breathe, when I am overcoming negative energy

Goals - Team U - YOU GET YOURSELF TO BELIEVE WITH OVERWHELMING CONFIDENCE THAT YOU CAN ACHIEVE THE HIGHEST LEVEL AND IF YOU WERE TO FALL DOWN LOWER, YOU'LL WORRY ABOUT IT THEN. If you can focus on the Team U that you will win your pro card at that show, that you will win your class, and that's all you think about, thats all you think about you have convinced yourself that that is what will happen YOUR WHOLE STANDARDS WILL BE A LOT HIGHER A LOT DIFFERENTLY AS YOU IMPLEMENT THEM & EXECUTE THEM EVERY DAY than if you say I will place in the top 3. DON'T BE PATIENT! GO FOR WHAT YOU REALLY WANT & THAT IS TO WIN YOUR PRO CARD THIS YEAR.

GO FOR WHAT YOU REALLY WANT IN LIFE & NOT WHAT YOU THINK YOU CAN GET. Take advantage of that RIGHT AWAY!

Fullfill your potenetial - what exactly does that mean to you? Win contest, what time frame, as a role model, coach, what does that mean? with body?

Push yourself past your limits - "IF I THINK IT I MUST DO IT". If it comes in your mind you must know that is what you really should be doing? Did you think about picking up the 50's but grabbed the 40's? If I think it, I must do it & never back down once your brain has thought about that higher standard. Your mind really knows what you should be doing.

Not compromise your standards - don't be outwardly driven, about the opinion of others. It is all about you. You are such a passionate woman, you know where you want to go and you know your value to the world, just FOCUS ON THAT. Become so confident that anybody else's opinion would be foreign to you. That's when you are leading your own life and its not outwardly driven. FOCUS ON YOU AND YOUR TREMENDOUS BELIEF IN YOURSELF & YOUR MISSION AND WHERE YOU ARE GOING. You are so confident in yourself that others opinions don't matter.

Take out the word "if", I replace it with WHEN. When I am a pro, I wouldn't be doing this, WHEN I am a pro, I will be doing this. Your brain picks up on how you talk to yourself. Don't leave any doubt in your mind.

Remember this too: Skip said you can't even hide great physique w/ long sleeve shirts, would love to have a great example of passion & fitness in a Mass Machine booth some day, keep on keepin on, thank you so much for this question, thank you so much for the passion & energy you are bringing to the Mass Machine bulking & cutting program challenge, and really thank you so much for being such an inspiration to everyone else. I think that all the other Mass Machines would agree with me that you are quite an addition to this whole challenge by spreading that positive energy, you are well on your way of becoming that role model on GLOBAL scale that you are after in your goals

some tips to help you take it to a higher level & APPRECIATE just how much you've already accomplished along the way

Skip's dream life - he says he is just beginning right now - how awesome. Dream life is 7 pages long - he reads on a consistent basis to connect to
    Last edited by henderjb; 02-22-2012 at 05:54 PM.