Page 55 of 92 FirstFirst ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57 65 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,650 of 2731
    mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by nvrstopworking View Post
    Good luck MMA! I'm sure that she'll be able to teach you a few things....

... but the thinking that she might be natty? notsureifsrs. She's been teching hard. You can see it in her face AND on her body.
    Maybe, but I don't care. And I'm still cool with working with her and learning from her and everything, so I guess it's kind of a moot point of discussion, as I am more concerned about the results she can get ME. lol.

Originally Posted by thehobbes View Post
    THIS, definitely not built on a buncha cheeseburger and chicken wing bulks. Regardless I'd still lick bbq sauce off of her toes. (I'm sure I'm not the only one haha.)

VERY SRS Q - how much does she bench, squat, DL?
    She said she used to do powerlifting at one point, but didn't give numbers, but I will be sure to find out for you.

Originally Posted by swooshie View Post
    Really excited for you, M It's always huge to know you need to be accountable to someone. Will she do a lot online with you or will you actually meet like once a week or something? I excited to follow along!!! Yay
    She is local so we will probably meet at least every other week if not once a week, plus constant contact through texting, emailing, etc. I'm excited too.
    "There's something about a heavy weight that makes a body not want to get under it. Part of the fun of weightlifting is rousing one's spirit and getting under a heavy weight in spite of one's more sensible survival instincts." -Stenn

"Conditioning prepares you for battle. Cardio makes you really good at running slowly away." -Chris Shugart.

TEAM AMAZON - Sisterhood of Iron

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=571188111#post571188111

pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000)
    woot mater lots of awesome up in here!

i've been doing pretty much the same split since april/may and my body is way different. like bos the accessorty stuff changes and i throw in hypertrophy/crazy circuit stuff/etc a few times a month. Like tmrw I'm doing this
    My Journal
    Sometimes there's lifting talk. Sometimes notsomuch.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135168601

*Sponsored* ProMera CapsiBlast=Completed
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153005161

*Sponsored* ProMera Con-Cret=Completed
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146080323&p=907575483&posted=1#post907575483

*TEAM AMAZON* Sisterhood of Iron

Benched 185x2 and isn't afraid to tell you ALL about it:)

mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmater is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Had my first meeting (technically second) with my new coach yesterday. I'm excited to tell yall about it, but I have to go to work. Hopefully, I will get to post here and in yalls journals tomorrow afternoon.
    "There's something about a heavy weight that makes a body not want to get under it. Part of the fun of weightlifting is rousing one's spirit and getting under a heavy weight in spite of one's more sensible survival instincts." -Stenn

"Conditioning prepares you for battle. Cardio makes you really good at running slowly away." -Chris Shugart.

My Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=571188111#post571188111

llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by mmater View Post
    Had my first meeting (technically second) with my new coach yesterday. I'm excited to tell yall about it, but I have to go to work. Hopefully, I will get to post here and in yalls journals tomorrow afternoon.
    Nice!

brb bulk-utting! nvrstopworking's Avatar
    nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) nvrstopworking has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Maybe, but I don't care. And I'm still cool with working with her and learning from her and everything, so I guess it's kind of a moot point of discussion, as I am more concerned about the results she can get ME. lol.
    For sure. I didn't mean to imply that she doesn't know her stuff. You can't look the way that she does even WITH tech if you don't know how to train.

Eager to hear how it went!

swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Mater!!! I'm really excited for you! Can't wait to hear how it goes
    Caring about what people think of you is useless. Most people don't even know what they think of themselves.

Stop watering dead plants

Where to begin....

So, I have started my "16 week contest prep" today. Goal is to follow the training and nutrition to a T.

That being said, just to catch yall up to speed. I met with Jennifer on Saturday and Sunday. Saturday she came over to my place and we took a look at my foods. Yeah, basically, can't eat any of that anymore. Largely, because it's instant or canned. No biggie. We went over my training and nutrition plan, and its simple enough, nothing too over the top. She is pretty serious about this, which I love, because she seems just as invested in this as me, which is what I wanted from a coach. She is really nice, but she is also passionate about what she does which is perfect.

On Sunday, I went over to her house to get my measurements/pictures/weight done. She used an official caliper and did a 9-point test. This is one of the more accurate methods when done correctly by a trained professional (which she is). The only method more accurate is hydrostatic weighing. This is where it gets interesting. At last check, which was probably a month ago on one of those handheld bodyfat things, I was around 31% body fat. According to my measurements for the Army I was sitting around 32%. She measures everything on my right side. If any of yall have had calipers done, that shiz hurts. Anywho, she plugs the numbers, gets a number back and looks perplexed. She recalculates, comes up with the same number. I watch her do it the third time, and I add the numbers the 4th time, all getting the same number. We both look at each other and are like "Um, no, that can't be." So we remeasure, this time all on the other side. Get a few different numbers, and calculate and recalculate another 4 times. Only a 1% difference.

Taking the higher number, my current bodyfat is........ 21%

The kicker. We then took my circumference measurements and plug it into my Army BF calculator and according to the military standards, I am sitting at 42%. WTF!!!!

Anywho, I am having a really hard time with this. By all accounts I should be happy, but I'm not. I asked Jennifer what she thought I was at before we measured and she said 25-26%. I could almost believe that. I can't wrap my head around 21%. I think there are two main reasons for this. One is that I have been so enthralled and focused on the military testing that 30s is where I am used to being, even though I recognize their way of testing is seriously flawed. The second issue, and probably more important issue is that the goal of this 16 weeks was to drop 10% BF based off being 30%. I wanted to get under 20% and see what that looks like. I look at myself, and while I am happy for the most part, particularly from where I started at, I think "THIS is 21%!!! Ugh" So, now what! I am nowhere close to what I want to look like. This has really sent me into a mind tail spin. I talked at length with Jennifer about this. She told me of a client she trains who started out at 128lbs but was at 26%. The one good thing I take away from this is that just reaffirms what everyone ALWAYS tells me (that see me in person) that I carry a lot of muscle. Now, we just gotta see it.

Bottom line, lesson to be learned: Numbers F#$% with your head. Whether it be on the scale or with bodyfat, I am just baffled with how the body works.

I hope with this particular journey I can share some thoughtful insight to the other side to this "lifestyle" The mental side. Yeah, the workouts are fun to do and look at, and the nutrition is a necessary component, but not many talk about the mental/psychological side of this. Hopefully, I can share my experiences and help/motivate somebody else. Hell, I hope I can learn something from myself with all this.

Week 1, Day 1

Nutrition: on point. (will post more later)

Training: Back

Assisted Pullups - Orange and Grey band
    20/15/12

Pendlay Rows - 95lbs
    15/12/10

Wide Grip pulldown - 90
    15/12/10

V-grip Pulldown - 70
    15/12/10

Seated low cable row, V-bar - 90
    15/12/10

Hyperextenstions - Bodyweight
    15/15/15

Cardio - Treadmill
    5.5 pace for 1st round. Increase incline every minute until 5.0 then back down.
    Rest 3 minutes
    5.0 pace for 2nd round. Repeat
    5 minute cooldown

Notes: solid workout.

Boomer29 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boomer29 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boomer29 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boomer29 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boomer29 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boomer29 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boomer29 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boomer29 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boomer29 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boomer29 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boomer29 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Wow congrats on the bodyfat. I wouldn't be upset. Can't know where youre going unless you know where you're at.
    Squat 275 Bench 175 Deadlift 285 Snatch 140 Clean & Jerk 185

Ongoing Journal... http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145852813

"Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more you sweat the luckier you get." Ray Kroc

pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000) pharty is a name known to all. (+5000)
    That's awesome news, really!!! Agree with Boomz.
    My Journal
    Sometimes there's lifting talk. Sometimes notsomuch.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=135168601

*Sponsored* ProMera CapsiBlast=Completed
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153005161

*Sponsored* ProMera Con-Cret=Completed
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146080323&p=907575483&posted=1#post907575483

*TEAM AMAZON* Sisterhood of Iron

Benched 185x2 and isn't afraid to tell you ALL about it:)

Originally Posted by Boomer29 View Post
    Wow congrats on the bodyfat. I wouldn't be upset. Can't know where youre going unless you know where you're at.
    Originally Posted by pharty View Post
    That's awesome news, really!!! Agree with Boomz.
    I agree, but it really changes things. Since I was thinking I was at 30% I really wanted to kick ass and drop 10-12% body fat. Now, the goals have to change. Plus, I really don't like how I look at 20% BF and I was thinking I would look a lot leaner and a bit more defined. That is not the case. That is the most disheartening. My guess now is that I am going to have to be in the low teens in order to achieve the look I want. Also, keep in mind that is weighing in at 220lbs. My coach set her nutrition plan for me for a goal of 170lbs. I told her she was crazy, and this was before BF measurements. Basically, right now I am sitting at 173lbs of lean body mass already. I am going to ride it out and trust her (which I do, just easier said than done). I think what I really need to do is just let her take the numbers, she writes them down, and she keeps them to herself and I don't see it, I just do the work. That way, I don't get bogged down with the numbers mentally and just go off of the mirror.

Regardless, here is the nutrition plan she has set out for me. She is flexible though, and we have allowed for some substitutes that are not listed in this diet plan. For those reading, bear in mind this is specific to my body and needs. Yours will be different. /enddisclaimer.

Nutrition Program by IFBB Pro Jennifer Sedia
    1 1/2 GALLONS OF WATER DAILY!!!!!

MEAL 1:

* 4 egg whites + 2 yolks (you can add veggies, like mushrooms, onions, tomatoes, bell peppers, even some lean ham or turkey)
    * 1/2 cup oatmeal (measured dry)

MEAL 2:

* 1 1/2 scoops Whey Protein ( recommended IsoFlex by Allmax, Elite Gourmet by Dymetized or any other lean protein mix)
    * 1 Activia Light
    * 1 fruit or 1/2 cup (apple, pear, any berry, orange, peach, nectarine)

MEAL 3:
    * 6 oz chicken breast, turkey breast or fish (not fryed or breaded, only baked, grilled or boiled)
    * 1 cup white rice (cooked)
    * 1/2 veggies or 1 cup of salad, with ligh dressing

MEAL 4:

* 6oz. Tuna or 11/2 scoops Whey Protein (mixed with water)
    * 1 oz nuts (almonds, walnuts, cashews, mixed nuts) or 2 Tbsp of natural PB

MEAL 5:

* 6 oz turkey, chicken breast of fish (you can use, marinara sauce, bbq sauce, teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, ketchup, mustads, white powdered gravy mixed with water, just watch the fats, carbs and sugar amounts)
    * 1 cup of rice
    * 1 serving of veggies or a salad (optional)
    * 1 Tbsp olive oil or Coconut oil (very important to have this oil)

MEAL 6:
    * 3 eggs (white only) with salsa OR 1 1/2 scoops of protein powder mixed with water OR 2 teaspoons of Lean Beef aminos Chocolate flavored on top of 3 to 4 strawberries.

I will say this, 1 cup of cooked rice is actually a lot. But, then again, 2tbs of PB is NOT!!!! haha.

llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) llahhsoj has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Where to begin....

So, I have started my "16 week contest prep" today. Goal is to follow the training and nutrition to a T.

That being said, just to catch yall up to speed. I met with Jennifer on Saturday and Sunday. Saturday she came over to my place and we took a look at my foods. Yeah, basically, can't eat any of that anymore. Largely, because it's instant or canned. No biggie. We went over my training and nutrition plan, and its simple enough, nothing too over the top. She is pretty serious about this, which I love, because she seems just as invested in this as me, which is what I wanted from a coach. She is really nice, but she is also passionate about what she does which is perfect.

On Sunday, I went over to her house to get my measurements/pictures/weight done. She used an official caliper and did a 9-point test. This is one of the more accurate methods when done correctly by a trained professional (which she is). The only method more accurate is hydrostatic weighing. This is where it gets interesting. At last check, which was probably a month ago on one of those handheld bodyfat things, I was around 31% body fat. According to my measurements for the Army I was sitting around 32%. She measures everything on my right side. If any of yall have had calipers done, that shiz hurts. Anywho, she plugs the numbers, gets a number back and looks perplexed. She recalculates, comes up with the same number. I watch her do it the third time, and I add the numbers the 4th time, all getting the same number. We both look at each other and are like "Um, no, that can't be." So we remeasure, this time all on the other side. Get a few different numbers, and calculate and recalculate another 4 times. Only a 1% difference.

Taking the higher number, my current bodyfat is........ 21%

The kicker. We then took my circumference measurements and plug it into my Army BF calculator and according to the military standards, I am sitting at 42%. WTF!!!!

Anywho, I am having a really hard time with this. By all accounts I should be happy, but I'm not. I asked Jennifer what she thought I was at before we measured and she said 25-26%. I could almost believe that. I can't wrap my head around 21%. I think there are two main reasons for this. One is that I have been so enthralled and focused on the military testing that 30s is where I am used to being, even though I recognize their way of testing is seriously flawed. The second issue, and probably more important issue is that the goal of this 16 weeks was to drop 10% BF based off being 30%. I wanted to get under 20% and see what that looks like. I look at myself, and while I am happy for the most part, particularly from where I started at, I think "THIS is 21%!!! Ugh" So, now what! I am nowhere close to what I want to look like. This has really sent me into a mind tail spin. I talked at length with Jennifer about this. She told me of a client she trains who started out at 128lbs but was at 26%. The one good thing I take away from this is that just reaffirms what everyone ALWAYS tells me (that see me in person) that I carry a lot of muscle. Now, we just gotta see it.

Bottom line, lesson to be learned: Numbers F#$% with your head. Whether it be on the scale or with bodyfat, I am just baffled with how the body works.

I hope with this particular journey I can share some thoughtful insight to the other side to this "lifestyle" The mental side. Yeah, the workouts are fun to do and look at, and the nutrition is a necessary component, but not many talk about the mental/psychological side of this. Hopefully, I can share my experiences and help/motivate somebody else. Hell, I hope I can learn something from myself with all this.
    Awsome news! Usually the first thing a coach does is raid your food and get rid of damn near all of it, lol. I'm not surprised at hearing how the Army BF method is flawed so bad. I definitly agree about the numbers ****ing with your head. I tried a hand held once, didn't squeeze it hardly at all and that put me at 19% a few years ago, not gonna lie, I was a little butt-hurt.

Oh, the joys of having other people try and "help" you when you "dieting". Sheesh.

Yesterday, I was at work and during a small break, I was eating my activia yogurt and protein shake and one of my co-workers starts asking me about it. I tell her I am working with a coach and my goal is to lose bodyfat. Now, this woman is an older very overweight person. However, I like her and we get along great. Well, she tells me, "But you don't need to lose weight. You look great the way you are." I tell her thank you, but that I am trying to get more lean and lose bodyfat. THEN, she tells me, "Well, why don't you get one of those machines for your house....Oh, and you could also get the nintendo Wii, and just lose weight like that." MAJORFACEPALM.jpg. Don't get me wrong, her intentions were good, but basically anything I said to her it was just going over her head.

And THEN, today, one of my coworkers tells me she is on a "diet." I say, "oh really, tell me about it." She tells me, it's a "no-eating" diet. Half serious, she tells me she is taking some diet pills. I ask her what they are and she can't even recall the name. She tells me they are supposed to decrease her appetite and give her more energy. Well, apparently it did just that, because she was running around like a crazy woman. I just shook my head.

I guess the most frustrating thing, as always, is how uneducated the general public is about health/fitness/nutrition. You would think it wouldn't be that bad, but it is. It's just crazy.

Yesterday's workout - shoulders

It was a bit of a humbling experience. These higher rep ranges kicked my butt and their not that much higher.

OHP - I picked too high of a weight. The rep scheme was supposed to be 20/16/12. This is what it ended up being (rest pause)
    75x10
    70x5/5
    70x11/5
    70x9/3

Leaning DB Lateral Raise - 10lb DB
    20/16/12

DB Upright Row - 20lb. These got in the way of my forearms. Not a fan of this exercise. Rather use a KB.
    20/16/12

Band Pull Aparts - Black Band
    20/16/12

Cardio Circuit
    750 meter row
    75 44lb KB SDHP
    500 meter row
    50 44lb KB SDHP
    250 meter row
    25 44lb KB SDHP

Time: 15:30. Did 5 more minutes on the treadmill to get over the 20 minute mark.

I also made it to an indoor soccer game. It's been a long time since I have played, and my endurance was much much MUCH better. A couple of my friends even made comments about it, so that made me feel good.

Right now, my coach has me working out 5 days a week because I told her that's what I usually do. But, I am realizing that I actually really only workout hard 4 days a week with a 5th day as either just cardio or if I am in the mood hitting a body part again. This routine is very bodybuilder oriented with a lot of isolation exercises. Not exactly a big fan of iso exercises. She is visiting family in NY for Christmas, but when she gets back I am supposed to go workout with her to make sure I'm getting the right intensity. After that, I will see about adjusting the workout routine.

Other than that, nutrition is on point. So far so good.

bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bosgirlin09 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hmmmm...I'll play devils advocate here and say I'd seriously question the BF result. I say this not b/c the number itself matters, but b/c you're changing your goals based on it. 20-21% is pretty lean. Do you feel lean? Do you look lean? Are you seeing some muscle striation, definition, abs etc? I haven't seen full body pics, but If you thought you were at 30% theres a reason you thought that. And theres a reason your trainer was questioning the results as well.

I work with the number one trainer for Gold's in the country. I recently complimented him about one of his clients (a female) who has made some good progress. He told me he'd recently done her caliper test and her BF was 11%. There was no way that was true. She's totally lean and ripped in her upper body and carries all her weight in her glutes, thighs. The calipers just can't give an accurate count...her fat distribution is too area specific. Id guess her to be in her low 20's (which is excellent). You and I are about the same height and Id guess that in my last progress pics I was 18-20% bf.

Again, the number itself doesnt matter unless you use it to reshape your goals, or you're relying on it to gauge your progress. Or if learning it frustrates you. If you're really curious post pics and send them to Miranda...she's good at guessing. Good luck Chicka!
    "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become." Buddha

Originally Posted by bosgirlin09 View Post
    Hmmmm...I'll play devils advocate here and say I'd seriously question the BF result. I say this not b/c the number itself matters, but b/c you're changing your goals based on it. 20-21% is pretty lean. Do you feel lean? Do you look lean? Are you seeing some muscle striation, definition, abs etc? I haven't seen full body pics, but If you thought you were at 30% theres a reason you thought that. And theres a reason your trainer was questioning the results as well.

I work with the number one trainer for Gold's in the country. I recently complimented him about one of his clients (a female) who has made some good progress. He told me he'd recently done her caliper test and her BF was 11%. There was no way that was true. She's totally lean and ripped in her upper body and carries all her weight in her glutes, thighs. The calipers just can't give an accurate count...her fat distribution is too area specific. Id guess her to be in her low 20's (which is excellent). You and I are about the same height and Id guess that in my last progress pics I was 18-20% bf.

Again, the number itself doesnt matter unless you use it to reshape your goals, or you're relying on it to gauge your progress. Or if learning it frustrates you. If you're really curious post pics and send them to Miranda...she's good at guessing. Good luck Chicka!

Thanks. I would say that I do see more muscle definition, especially in my upper body, but definitely NO striations. I am like that girl you mentioned. I carry a lot of it in my ass/thighs, and have major saddlebags, which ironically is an area that doesn't get measured with the calipers. My coach thought I was closer to 26% before we tested. I could almost buy that. In fact, had she come up with that number I would have been happy, but you are right, it is messing with my head and changing my goals, at least from a numbers perspective. I know what I want to look/feel like, I would just really like to have a Statistic I can be proud of. lol. You know, like going around and saying, "that's cool, I know I weigh 200lbs but I'm also 15% BF, so there!" haha. Seriously though, before we did the measurements my coach said she had the goal of me weighing 170lb. If you crunch all the data so far, that would mean, I would have lose equal parts muscle and fat to get down to 170 (approximately 20lbs of each). I don't think so. If I am at 21% right now, that means I am carrying about 173lbs of lean mass already!!!!!

If I had to guess, I would say I am around 26-28% BF. I have never considered below 30% until now because, again, of the military's way of testing, which has F$^% with my head all these years. There is probably only one time in my life where I felt I was leaner than I am now (which was at my "Fittest" back in 2005-2006) I have a few pics and I know I am more muscular now than I was then, and then I weighed in at 194. Anywho, it's all a mindfk right now and I am just trying to do what I am told with nutrition and training and let nature take its course.

fyi, I'll pass on sending pics to miranda. If I recall from around here, she is really smart, but also comes across very abrasive and seems to ruffle a lot of feathers. Although, I am thick-skinned, I'm not interested in getting into "it" with anybody on here. I like keeping the peace and having fun, the good ole hambone way. lol.

Thanks again for your input.

Much better all around workout today.

Training - Chest

Bench Press
    95x15
    100x12
    105x12

DB Incline Press
    30x15
    35x12
    35x12

DB Flyes
    15x20
    15x15
    15x15

Pushups
    17/14/11

Cardio - 30 minutes
    10 minutes AMT Machine
    10 minutes running (6.1pace, 2.0incline)
    10 minutes recumbent bike

Overall, good workout. Chris and I tweaked the order of the exercises that Jennifer is having me do. Just working out the kinks in this first week.

Diet - on point.

swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) swooshie has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Is Jennifer putting together your workouts for you too? Sounds like such an awesome opportunity! It's too bad so many trainers either can't or don't incorporate the huge part of the equation ... nutrition. The trainers at LA Fitness (my gym) are not supposed to give their clients any nutrition programs. They can give them tips, but that's about it. I'm sure that's why I see so many of them busting butt in the gym but making very little progress.

Your nutrition plan sounds really doable too. Not too complicated and easy to manage when you're at work too. Interesting on the white rice. Is there a reason for white vs brown or is that just a personal preference?

I hear you on the number thing messing with your head. It's too bad we base so much on a number (seems pretty typical for us girlies ) I just posted two pics in my journal .... one at what I thought was my "ideal goal weight" of 128 and now 10 pounds heavier and I look totally different. That's why I try to base more on how I feel I look, how my clothes are fitting, and pictures vs numbers.

Keep up the awesomeness, Mater!!
    Caring about what people think of you is useless. Most people don't even know what they think of themselves.

Is Jennifer putting together your workouts for you too? Sounds like such an awesome opportunity! It's too bad so many trainers either can't or don't incorporate the huge part of the equation ... nutrition. The trainers at LA Fitness (my gym) are not supposed to give their clients any nutrition programs. They can give them tips, but that's about it. I'm sure that's why I see so many of them busting butt in the gym but making very little progress.

Your nutrition plan sounds really doable too. Not too complicated and easy to manage when you're at work too. Interesting on the white rice. Is there a reason for white vs brown or is that just a personal preference?

I hear you on the number thing messing with your head. It's too bad we base so much on a number (seems pretty typical for us girlies ) I just posted two pics in my journal .... one at what I thought was my "ideal goal weight" of 128 and now 10 pounds heavier and I look totally different. That's why I try to base more on how I feel I look, how my clothes are fitting, and pictures vs numbers.

Keep up the awesomeness, Mater!!
    Thanks swooshie! Jennifer was "hired" by me to get me into "Contest" shape. I am doing a 16-week plan with her. It does include all aspects, diet/nutrition/mentoring/coaching/etc. Catch is, I will not be competing at the end of 16 weeks. I just wanted somebody to help me take my "game" to the next level. Although she has been hired to do all aspects, I will use her primarily with nutrition and use my original trainer Chris for training. We will adjust along the way. For example, if I end up leaning down quicker than expected and we see my delts need some bringing up then I will most likely use Jennifer to work on shoulder training, since it would be from an aesthetics point of view. I love Chris to death and he is a fountain of knowledge as well, he just doesn't really do the nutrition thing, and he is too nice and won't put the "foot up the ass" when I need it. lol.

As for the diet, Jennifer is not picky between brown or white. Really the only difference between the two is fiber. That's it. Personally, I can't cook brown rice to save my life, so I stick with white rice. Jennifer's big taboo items are flour (enriched) and dairy (like cheese and milk). I try not to think about not being able to have cheese, but so far it hasn't been an issue, plus I do know what cutting it out can do for me (have done it in the past).

Overall, the nutrition plan is a good one in terms of being able to implement it. Now, we will just have to see what it produces on the scale and/or in the mirror.

Bored at my EMS job, so I am going to take a poll here:

If you were trying to become a sponsored athlete, which three companies would you want to be sponsored by. It doesn't just have to be supplement companies. Here are my 3, no particular order:

1. Under Armour
    2. Max Muscle
    3. Asics

If you were trying to become a sponsored athlete, which three companies would you want to be sponsored by. It doesn't just have to be supplement companies. Here are my 3, no particular order:

1. Under Armour
    2. Max Muscle
    3. Asics
    Oh fun!

I would have to say ~

1. Nike
    2. ProMera
    3. Hooters

hahahaha! Ok .... #3 Lulu's

1. Under Armour
    2. Max Muscle
    3. Asics

1. Nike
    2. Affliction
    3. MuscleTech (Bigger company than MP and it has been around a lot longer)

MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000) MoEcho is a name known to all. (+5000)
    *wave*

just got all caught up on your journal. good stuff going on in here!

i would want to be sponsored by the biggest grocery store around! Hopefully, i'd get free grub! YUM

ps - bf% numbers are for babies
    Team Amazon: Sisterhood of Iron

The myth that women should be weak is perpetuated by men who fear strong women and women who fear hard work.
    #selfcare #pickitup #putitdown

Boomer29 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boomer29 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boomer29 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boomer29 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boomer29 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boomer29 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boomer29 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boomer29 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boomer29 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boomer29 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Boomer29 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Excited for your coming progress mater. Are you gonna post pics?
    Squat 275 Bench 175 Deadlift 285 Snatch 140 Clean & Jerk 185

Ongoing Journal... http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=145852813

"Luck is a dividend of sweat. The more you sweat the luckier you get." Ray Kroc

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

1. Under Armour
    2. Max Muscle
    3. Asics
    1. Honeybaked Ham
    2. Omaha Steaks
    3. Reese's Pieces

srs
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

Have a Great Holiday, Mater!!!

Oh fun!

I would have to say ~

1. Nike
    2. ProMera
    3. Hooters

hahahaha! Ok .... #3 Lulu's
    Actually, hooters wouldn't be a bad sponsor, I like their food. But I'm sure it's a bit difficult to workout in those leggings, and lack of boob support.

Originally Posted by llahhsoj View Post
    1. Nike
    2. Affliction
    3. MuscleTech (Bigger company than MP and it has been around a lot longer)
    After further thought, I would actually take off Under Armour and go with Rogue Fitness, that way I could get a sweet gym setup and they have a solid clothing line.

Originally Posted by MoEcho View Post
    *wave*

just got all caught up on your journal. good stuff going on in here!

i would want to be sponsored by the biggest grocery store around! Hopefully, i'd get free grub! YUM

ps - bf% numbers are for babies
    Thanks. A grocery store sponsor would be cool, but they would have to sell all their own stuff, I guess like a trader joes or something.

p.s. we don't talk about BF numbers around these parts no more. lol.

Originally Posted by Boomer29 View Post
    Excited for your coming progress mater. Are you gonna post pics?
    I will probably post pics at the end of both beginning and after.

Originally Posted by thehobbes View Post
    1. Honeybaked Ham
    2. Omaha Steaks
    3. Reese's Pieces

srs
    I love Reese's Pieces!!!!!!!!!!!

Have a Great Holiday, Mater!!!

Thanks Swooshie!!!!

Yall are awesome!!! I hope everyone has a good holiday coming up. I will be working EMS on Sunday and Tuesday and the Grocery store on Monday (like the busiest day of the year for them. ugh). I plan on getting in a workout after work on Monday before my gym closes down and then on Tuesday, if my partner will agree, I plan on doing a crossfit workout at the high school while I am on shift. If none of that happens, I will be ok as long as I got my diet on point, which it has been. Had a couple of snafus from not being prepared, but all is rectified now. I asked Jennifer if I could have asian rice noodles and she said yes. I was at the grocery store at that moment, so I asked her how much and if that was cooked or uncooked weight. She says 1.5oz cooked. Um, yeah, no. I measured that out. No way. The package states a serving size is 2 oz and there are approximately 4 servings per package. I weigh the package dry weight and it's roughly 8.4 oz. So my guess is she meant to say dry weight, which on those things is impossible to measure so I opted for 3.5 oz cooked weight as my measurement. I cross referenced with the rice I have been eating and it works out about the same as far as carbs per serving. But, if I have made a measurement error and she really meant 1.5oz cooked, I will NOT be eating rice noodles again. It's like one bite. totallysrs.

Oh, and yes, I did get a workout in today. Legs and Arms.

Leg Press - 2pps
    3 sets of 7/7/7

Hack Squat - BW
    3 sets of 15 - these felt great. All the way down depth.

Leg extensions
    3x15x80/90/100

Seated Leg Curls
    3x15x80/90/100

Super Superset (4 exercises rotating through for 3 sets of 15)
    Rope Tricep Pressdown
    EZ bar Cable curl
    Single arm rope tricep pressdown
    Single Arm Cable Curl

I actually enjoyed this little set listed above. I came up with it myself, because I tried the preacher curls on the bench and all that other stuff, and I just don't get a good contraction in my bicep like I do when I am on a cable machine pulling with the weight from behind (I will have to video later what I mean if you don't understand).

Overall it was a decent workout. This week's workouts havent' felt that great. Definitely feel like I am off my game, and I know that's because I was trying to implement Jennifer's training plan. I really feel her plan has it's place and is solid, but I also feel it's something that can be started or implemented in like week 10 instead of now, when the main goal is dropping bodyfat. I can understand that once the bodyfat is off and there is more muscle to see, that we start doing more isolation work to really "bring up the muscle" or "shape it". No worries though, it's only the end of week 1, it will get worked out and success will happen.

BTW, opened my Max Muscle Tiramisu Flavored Protein, and I gotta say, it's pretty amazing tasting, and an awesome macro profile. Yum yum!

Ok, so I'm just sayin', but I am probably going to lose my mind in the next couple of days. My two trainers are out of town, my friends forgot what working out means, everyone on here is enjoying the holidays, my sister just baked a sh!t ton of goodies that I can't have right now. I feel so alone. sadface.jpg.

Doesn't help I'm sitting at the EMS station and haven't done fuking thing all day. And I underate yesterday meaning my stomach is growling at every turn today even eating what I am prescrbed. And I have to go the bathroom every 10 minutes.

/endpityparty

I actually enjoyed this little set listed above. I came up with it myself, because I tried the preacher curls on the bench and all that other stuff, and I just don't get a good contraction in my bicep like I do when I am on a cable machine pulling with the weight from behind (I will have to video later what I mean if you don't understand).

Overall it was a decent workout. This week's workouts havent' felt that great. Definitely feel like I am off my game, and I know that's because I was trying to implement Jennifer's training plan. BTW, opened my Max Muscle Tiramisu Flavored Protein, and I gotta say, it's pretty amazing tasting, and an awesome macro profile. Yum yum!
    I don't get a good contraction either doing regular preacher curls. I do when do preachers with a straight bar, wide grip on a cable attachment though. I haven't tried a Tiramisu Flavored protein before. I normally prefer exotic type flavors like that over just plain vanilla or choclate. I put a tub of orange creamsicle Combat Powder on my rep order. That is a bbcom exclusive, so I hope I get that.