Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
    Mackan58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mackan58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mackan58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mackan58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mackan58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mackan58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mackan58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mackan58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mackan58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mackan58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mackan58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by cpanthers89 View Post

1. Get the !@#$ off your cell phone.

2. Put back your weights.

3. Don't stand in front of weight racks. If you're using dumbbells use them away from the rack. I can't tell you how frustrating it is when I'm trying to get a set of dumbbells, but some idiot is doing curls right in front of the rack blocking it. It's really not difficult, just move to an open area and move on your way.

4. Stop admiring yourself.

5. Stop hitting on women.

6. Respect people's space when they're working.

7. Don't be a hog.

8. Don't be obnoxious. Don't throw weights, grunt, yell, scream, or making stupid noises.

9. Do some research.

10. Wipe down. If you sweat all over a bench or machine, wipe it down with some disinfectant. Noone wants your sweat or germs on their clothes.
    1. Strongly agree.

2. Strongly agree.

3. Haven't really given this one any particular thought.

4. Strongly disagree. Although this one highly depends on what kind of gym you are in. If you have a good sense of camaraderie I find it totally ok to pose in the mirrors, while you're at it you can always ask for some feedback! However if you are at a gym with a more mixed clientele some discretion would be appropriate.

5. Could't agree more! Don't distract the ladies during the work out.

6. Strongly agree. When a guy (or girl) is lifting the total focus should be on that person, the spotter also needs to be aware of this, lest he does something distracting during the set, like talking to other for example.

7. Sharing is caring, yet I find some sympathies with regulars who have to give up the squat rack to some curling adolescents.

8. Yet again it boils down to in what type of gym you are in. I immensely appreciate screaming and grunting in my gym as it is a sure sign that people are busting their asses of, which inspires me to do the same!

9. Agree, the above mentioned curling adolescents would do well in doing some reading!

10. Agree, this is common sense!
    The Golden One

High King of The Elves

Thor is my god, I am his Chosen, I pray through the Iron and the Gym is my temple.

******** for Optimal Testosterone and Giggles: www.********.com/TheLatsbrah

YouTube: The Golden One

cv7713 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cv7713 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cv7713 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cv7713 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cv7713 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cv7713 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cv7713 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cv7713 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cv7713 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cv7713 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) cv7713 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thought about #1 today. I use my iphone for music and to track my workouts using jefit. I take it out after every rep. Some people may understand but some probably think I'm an a**! Really don't care though, h*ll of alot easier than pen and paper...

Mackan58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mackan58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mackan58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mackan58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mackan58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mackan58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mackan58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mackan58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mackan58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mackan58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Mackan58 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by cv7713 View Post
    Thought about #1 today. I use my iphone for music and to track my workouts using jefit. I take it out after every rep. Some people may understand but some probably think I'm an a**! Really don't care though, h*ll of alot easier than pen and paper...
    I don't think anyone is minding that at all. Everyone needs to get in the zone with music! And keeping record is a great way to progress.
    The Golden One

High King of The Elves

Thor is my god, I am his Chosen, I pray through the Iron and the Gym is my temple.

******** for Optimal Testosterone and Giggles: www.********.com/TheLatsbrah

YouTube: The Golden One

NuttyRage is on a distinguished road. (+10) NuttyRage is on a distinguished road. (+10) NuttyRage is on a distinguished road. (+10) NuttyRage is on a distinguished road. (+10) NuttyRage is on a distinguished road. (+10) NuttyRage is on a distinguished road. (+10) NuttyRage is on a distinguished road. (+10) NuttyRage is on a distinguished road. (+10) NuttyRage is on a distinguished road. (+10) NuttyRage is on a distinguished road. (+10) NuttyRage is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    8. Don't be obnoxious. Don't throw weights, grunt, yell, scream, or making stupid noises. You look like an idiot and sound like an idiot. Breathe under control and lower weights slowly. If you have to throw weights down when you're done that means they're way too heavy.
    I agree with you 100% on all of them except for the cell phone thing, i do that between sets maybe twice in the 3 hours im at the gym. And number 8, go big or go home, if you drop them it means you pushed yourself beyond your limit and thats what lifting should be about

Dale1994 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dale1994 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dale1994 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dale1994 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dale1994 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dale1994 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dale1994 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dale1994 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dale1994 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dale1994 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Dale1994 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What annoys me is these guys in the gym, about six of them taking turns doing sets. And just hogging all the plates for the benchpress bar that I could use for my ez-curl, or t-lifts etc.

smack4ud has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    -Don't hit on women because they're concentrating on their workout?

Are you kidding me? Girls do not go to the gym to work out, they go to be seen and to chit chat with their friends, be on their phone, etc... You must not be from America.

Anyway, I'm not sure if this has been mentioned, but what about the morons out there wearing cotton? It's been like 20 years since wicking material (polyester blends, ie. Under Armour, Nike Dri Fit) has been invented! And if you're not sweating bullets through your heavy cotton, you're not working hard enough!

Most of the time when guys wear cotton, its those stupid tank tops they've altered so at least one of their nipples is poking out at all times.

◄█▄ Whey to The Hey ▄█► Whey Hey's Avatar
    Whey Hey is a name known to all. (+5000) Whey Hey is a name known to all. (+5000) Whey Hey is a name known to all. (+5000) Whey Hey is a name known to all. (+5000) Whey Hey is a name known to all. (+5000) Whey Hey is a name known to all. (+5000) Whey Hey is a name known to all. (+5000) Whey Hey is a name known to all. (+5000) Whey Hey is a name known to all. (+5000) Whey Hey is a name known to all. (+5000) Whey Hey is a name known to all. (+5000)
    OP is such a *******.

Dude, girls like being approached at the Gym if you aren't a complete tool of course. I've approached girls at the gym before and had nothing but good responses. If i went up to a girl and said something like "Aye shawty, lookin fine in dem shawts, wanna let me clap dem cheeks nawmsayin?" then im sure i would get rejected but if you come in under the radar and just talk about technique, the gym etc... she'll be fine... and they like being approached, what girl doesn't?

ThaiMuay will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaiMuay will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaiMuay will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaiMuay will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaiMuay will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaiMuay will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaiMuay will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaiMuay will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaiMuay will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaiMuay will become famous soon enough. (+50) ThaiMuay will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I use my phone to track my workouts on Fitocracy app in between sets. Is that so bad?

TsarChasm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TsarChasm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TsarChasm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TsarChasm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TsarChasm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TsarChasm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TsarChasm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TsarChasm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TsarChasm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TsarChasm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TsarChasm is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I use my phone for my music source.

SKHorne is just really nice. (+1000) SKHorne is just really nice. (+1000) SKHorne is just really nice. (+1000) SKHorne is just really nice. (+1000) SKHorne is just really nice. (+1000) SKHorne is just really nice. (+1000) SKHorne is just really nice. (+1000) SKHorne is just really nice. (+1000) SKHorne is just really nice. (+1000) SKHorne is just really nice. (+1000) SKHorne is just really nice. (+1000)
    I use my phone to time my rests, track my workout and listen to music

Damage9 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    What about the self-snapshot in the gym's mirror? Do you consider it an idiot thing? Or fart after lifting just to leave the smell in the place. I know guys who do it.

CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500) CBRob is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Damage9 View Post
    What about the self-snapshot in the gym's mirror? Do you consider it an idiot thing? Or fart after lifting just to leave the smell in the place. I know guys who do it.
    I save the snapshots for when nobodys looking, and take my farts outside when I can. Crop dusting the squat rack on your way out would be pretty friggin lame lol.

ladiesmandk has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    awesome article...
    Training,Nutrition, Motivational Stuff and Trance Music. http://getsetlean.com

UberNerd has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    agree with most.

point 5 doesnt apply to me lol no woman come to our gym so no distractions and showing off also.

and i think it should not be frowned upon to grunt a little when performing that last rep on a heavy compound lift like squat or something.
    i agree with throwing weights but sometimes u must drop a weight for safety reasons like heavy flies.
    "Behold my knowledge of Linux, and know that I am your God." - The UberNerd

ekilroy20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ekilroy20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ekilroy20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ekilroy20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ekilroy20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ekilroy20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ekilroy20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ekilroy20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ekilroy20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ekilroy20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ekilroy20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Whey Hey View Post
    OP is such a *******.

Dude, girls like being approached at the Gym if you aren't a complete tool of course. I've approached girls at the gym before and had nothing but good responses. If i went up to a girl and said something like "Aye shawty, lookin fine in dem shawts, wanna let me clap dem cheeks nawmsayin?" then im sure i would get rejected but if you come in under the radar and just talk about technique, the gym etc... she'll be fine... and they like being approached, what girl doesn't?

This. As long as we're resting, at a locker, getting water, WHATEV, I don't mind being approached. It's the creepstars that give guys a bad rep when picking up girls in the gym.

ThemAesthetics is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThemAesthetics is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThemAesthetics is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThemAesthetics is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThemAesthetics is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThemAesthetics is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThemAesthetics is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThemAesthetics is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThemAesthetics is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThemAesthetics is on a distinguished road. (+10) ThemAesthetics is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Morality of this thread: there is always going to be at least ONE person in a gym that thinks you're an utter idiot, either because you do things the opposite way they were taught or because they have no idea what your routine consists of; and it's also a fact that everyone in your gym you will hate at least once for the same reason that idiot hated you in the first place.

So yeah, you keep doing your thing, and I'll keep doing mine.

straightmirin is just really nice. (+1000) straightmirin is just really nice. (+1000) straightmirin is just really nice. (+1000) straightmirin is just really nice. (+1000) straightmirin is just really nice. (+1000) straightmirin is just really nice. (+1000) straightmirin is just really nice. (+1000) straightmirin is just really nice. (+1000) straightmirin is just really nice. (+1000) straightmirin is just really nice. (+1000) straightmirin is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by ekilroy20 View Post
    This. As long as we're resting, at a locker, getting water, WHATEV, I don't mind being approached. It's the creepstars that give guys a bad rep when picking up girls in the gym.
    is it creepy to hide behind dumbell rack and play pocket pool while glaring? thanx for feedback

JaiCameron has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    A problem I seem to have at the gym as of lately are people staring at me or following me around, which isn't that big of a deal; however it does bother me when they all they do is stare no social interaction just staring. It kinda puts me off because I don't know what their intentions are, can't tell if I'm annoying them or if they are admiring my form or wish to critique upon it whatever the reason say something!

straightmirin is just really nice. (+1000) straightmirin is just really nice. (+1000) straightmirin is just really nice. (+1000) straightmirin is just really nice. (+1000) straightmirin is just really nice. (+1000) straightmirin is just really nice. (+1000) straightmirin is just really nice. (+1000) straightmirin is just really nice. (+1000) straightmirin is just really nice. (+1000) straightmirin is just really nice. (+1000) straightmirin is just really nice. (+1000)
    probably them facial aesthetics

ekilroy20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ekilroy20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ekilroy20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ekilroy20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ekilroy20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ekilroy20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ekilroy20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ekilroy20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ekilroy20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ekilroy20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ekilroy20 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by straightmirin View Post
    is it creepy to hide behind dumbell rack and play pocket pool while glaring? thanx for feedback
    lololololol keep doin yo thang

huijlk is on a distinguished road. (+10) huijlk is on a distinguished road. (+10) huijlk is on a distinguished road. (+10) huijlk is on a distinguished road. (+10) huijlk is on a distinguished road. (+10) huijlk is on a distinguished road. (+10) huijlk is on a distinguished road. (+10) huijlk is on a distinguished road. (+10) huijlk is on a distinguished road. (+10) huijlk is on a distinguished road. (+10) huijlk is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    don't grunt? must be kidding me man. how are u going to push out that one last rep? u gotta grunt a little.

...please, next thing you're gonna say is 'don't drop the weight when u deadlift'

this thread should be summed up in one line/ 'just get your workout done and leave'
    focus!
    'We need a standard to be measured against. There's no way Roelly got the call and I didn't. He looked like sh**. I'm wayyy too old to be played with man' - Toney Freeman 'X-Man'

MisterRay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MisterRay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MisterRay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MisterRay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MisterRay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MisterRay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MisterRay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MisterRay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MisterRay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MisterRay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MisterRay has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    old heads naked in the gym>Idiots at the Gym

TheRock08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRock08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRock08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRock08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRock08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRock08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRock08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRock08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRock08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRock08 is on a distinguished road. (+10) TheRock08 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I totally, completely, agree with the phone thing. Christ in Heaven, if you want to talk on the phone at least get off the bench press. I, like a few others, use my phone to listen to music, track progress, etc. But get off the phone, man.

I just switched from Quads to LA Fitness here in Chicago and you can see the HUGE difference.
    I'll never settle for second place when first is available.

Nhayes91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nhayes91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nhayes91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nhayes91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nhayes91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nhayes91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nhayes91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nhayes91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nhayes91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nhayes91 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nhayes91 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Lol great post, although half the people at my gym are on their cell phone at some point..

Mattbody95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mattbody95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mattbody95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mattbody95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mattbody95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mattbody95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mattbody95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mattbody95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mattbody95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mattbody95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mattbody95 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

1. Get the !@#$ off your cell phone. This is my #1 pet peeve among all else, even more so than the lazy ass people who stand still on the airport moving walkways (they're not rides). The gym is a place to bust-ass and work hard, NOT check your voice mail, text, make calls, or check e-mail. If you're on your phone your work ethic is immediately discredited and you appear as if you really don't give a **** about what you're doing. Exercise with purpose and with intensity...it's the only way you'll achieve your goals. Get rid of all the distractions, your cell phone is a biggy. My only exception to this is the iPhone because of it's iPod functionality.
    One day I saw one man that was talking with someone at the phone between his set, I think it was quite funny because he managed to say one or two sentences than he said "excuse me a while"

FoxRocks76 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Konsept View Post
    While gym etiquette is appreciated, it certainly isn't the rule. Especially on a few of these:
    #5 - If a chick is eyeing me, I'll approach after my work out... unless she's straight up a 10/10 then I drop my **** and head over. Srs.
    Thanks, I laughed out loud at this one...now people in my office are looking at me while I type this reply.

Ethetan is not very well liked. (-100) Ethetan is not very well liked. (-100) Ethetan is not very well liked. (-100) Ethetan is not very well liked. (-100) Ethetan is not very well liked. (-100) Ethetan is not very well liked. (-100) Ethetan is not very well liked. (-100) Ethetan is not very well liked. (-100) Ethetan is not very well liked. (-100) Ethetan is not very well liked. (-100) Ethetan is not very well liked. (-100)
    Just live and let live bro, if people wanna check their phones at the gym, let them.

DarkNation is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarkNation is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarkNation is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarkNation is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarkNation is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarkNation is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarkNation is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarkNation is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarkNation is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarkNation is on a distinguished road. (+10) DarkNation is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    that's a really cool story but i don't really give a single sht what others are thinking of me in the gym, juz be urself.

jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000) jamesovercome is just really nice. (+1000)

Thumbs up

So happy I bought all my own equipment and never wasted a cent on gym memberships.
    No 10-20 min drive
    More expensive
    Never own anything
    No wiping down other peoples sweat
    Never having some gym employee tell you not to do something
    No waiting on machines

Only downside would be no random women to stare at in my basement lol
    ---------------------------------------
    "Fast is not fast enough, strong is not strong enough."
    ----------------------------------------

sopirate55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sopirate55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sopirate55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sopirate55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sopirate55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sopirate55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sopirate55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sopirate55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sopirate55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sopirate55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) sopirate55 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I get why guys yell to psych themselves up for a big lift....or if they miss one and they're pissed. It's not my thing but I understand it.

That said, we've got a guy at our gym that yells constantly. It's a crossfit gym with a powerlifting section kinda in the corner. We're all in the corner doing deadlifts that day and this guy just goes off. Evidently he had to over exert himself to push for a record number of reps jumping rope. Yes, ladies and gents, yelling like he just pulled 700 after completing the jump rope. Gym idiot