gomes. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Is eating eggs and drinking milk a good source for protein?

Im not a vegetarian but Im not a huge fan of of meat, so I have not been eating any meat for quite some time. Can I gain muscle by just eating eggs and drinking milk?

1. Is eating 2 eggs a day unhealthy? I know people say eating eggs can increase your cholesterol, but my question is -- since the rest of my daily food intake (see below) has quite a low amount of cholesterol, would eating 2 eggs a day be bad?

2. Also, is just relying on milk and 2 eggs per day good or bad for my protein intake?

3. Is 1 glass of milk a day good for my calcium intake?

4. How is my overall diet 9see below)? Is it healthy or is there anyways to improve it?

What I eat everyday:

Breakfast

1 banana

1 glass of milk

Lunch

2 whole pieces of white/wheat bread with butter/jam.

Dinner

Plain pasta with tomato sauce (nothing else inside)

2 fried scrambled eggs

Boiled broccoli, cauliflower, cabbage (and occasionally carrots)

After dinner

1 apple or orange or a bunch of grapes.

esgibson will become famous soon enough. (+50) esgibson will become famous soon enough. (+50) esgibson will become famous soon enough. (+50) esgibson will become famous soon enough. (+50) esgibson will become famous soon enough. (+50) esgibson will become famous soon enough. (+50) esgibson will become famous soon enough. (+50) esgibson will become famous soon enough. (+50) esgibson will become famous soon enough. (+50) esgibson will become famous soon enough. (+50) esgibson will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by gomes. View Post
    Im not a vegetarian but Im not a huge fan of of meat, so I have not been eating any meat for quite some time. Can I gain muscle by just eating eggs and drinking milk?

1. Is eating 2 eggs a day unhealthy? I know people say eating eggs can increase your cholesterol, but my question is -- since the rest of my daily food intake (see below) has quite a low amount of cholesterol, would eating 2 eggs a day be bad?

2. Also, is just relying on milk and 2 eggs per day good or bad for my protein intake?

4. How is my overall diet 9see below)? Is it healthy or is there anyways to improve it?

What I eat everyday:

Breakfast

1 banana

1 glass of milk

Lunch

Dinner

2 fried scrambled eggs

After dinner

i don't think that adding a milk and eggs to your diet is going to bother anything unless your lactose intolerant. you'll know soon after you try it though! also eggs are a great source of protein and i don't think that 2 eggs a day would cause any problems with cholesterol unless you have some underlying issue with it. cholesterol is actually necessary for proper hormone regulation.

you really aren't eating much at all..give some of your stats and i'll give you a lil more if you want

nobrah is just really nice. (+1000) nobrah is just really nice. (+1000) nobrah is just really nice. (+1000) nobrah is just really nice. (+1000) nobrah is just really nice. (+1000) nobrah is just really nice. (+1000) nobrah is just really nice. (+1000) nobrah is just really nice. (+1000) nobrah is just really nice. (+1000) nobrah is just really nice. (+1000) nobrah is just really nice. (+1000)
    1. No. It's been firmly established that dietary cholesterol has only a small effect on serum (blood) cholesterol. The recommendation to limit eggs due to their cholesterol content, and specifically the "equivalent of 1 egg per day" in dietary cholesterol consumption has been removed from the dietary guidelines.

2. It depends on how much milk and what the rest of your diet looks like. Let's say that 1 egg has about 6g of protein. 8oz of milk has about 8g. Do 2 eggs and whatever number of servings of milk you consume plus the protein in the rest of your diet add up to your total protein needs?

3. Milk is a good source of calcium. It's impossible to say if 1 glass is sufficient or too much without knowing what else you consume and what you mean by a "glass". When I drink a "glass" of milk, it's 16oz, but that's not a standard measurement to the best of my knowledge.

4. It's pretty awful. Sure, you've chosen "healthy" foods, but the total doesn't sum up to a healthy diet when taking into account protein, fat, carbohydrate, fiber, and all of your vitamins/minerals. It also looks hideously deficient in calories unless you're a very small, very sedentary woman.

SweetAngl has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What I eat everyday:

Breakfast

1 banana

1 glass of milk

Lunch

Dinner

2 fried scrambled eggs

After dinner

Eat all the stickies in the nutrition section then we’ll talk. I’m not a professional but I guess I’ll share what I learned. Whole eggs do contain a lot of cholesterol if eaten in excess. Egg whites are the best source of protein. Assuming raw large egg: about 70cal, 6 protein whereas an egg white is about 16cal 4g protein. Egg yolk has many beneficial nutrients thats why you should not avoid it completely.
    Assuming it is skim milk, the brand I buy has 30% calcium which is not enough. You would have to drink 3 glasses.
    Even though timing is not as important as macros, a breakfast of a banana and milk. Include some carbs in your breakfast.
    Also I noticed you’re clueless on knowing what your body requires. Use the formula for calculating macros then calculate your daily p/c/f. Everybody’s body is different, everybody’s goals are different as well (cutting, maintaining, bulking). I’ll try to help, post your stats please. Age, height, weight, etc. + your goal and what you want to achieve whether it’s gaining muscle, losing fat, etc.

layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) layarph is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Your diet is f*cking horrific; I don't kniow your size / weight, but I am very confident that is nothing like enough to maintain any muscle, nevermind build it.

No single food like eggs or milk magically makes you big; you need to compose an entire daily macronutrient intake.

Calculate your macros using the following
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981
    "Never attempt to train yourself into a caloric deficit. Don't spend hours on the treadmill. Diet comes first, cardio second. The dumbest fat loss strategy ever devised is used by people that wake up early in the morning before going to work to do cardio and follow that up with "recovery shake." Congratulations, you just wasted two hours of your life." Martin Berkhan

ziesha001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ziesha001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ziesha001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ziesha001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ziesha001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ziesha001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ziesha001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ziesha001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ziesha001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ziesha001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ziesha001 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    yeah it is good !

solamipatria has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) solamipatria has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) solamipatria has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) solamipatria has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) solamipatria has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) solamipatria has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) solamipatria has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) solamipatria has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) solamipatria has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) solamipatria has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) solamipatria has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    eggs and milk are goood idea and cheaper and easier than meat too. but you're eating way too little man.

Personal Best: 18 miles runningregime's Avatar
    runningregime has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runningregime has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runningregime has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runningregime has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runningregime has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runningregime has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runningregime has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runningregime has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runningregime has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runningregime has a spectacular aura about. (+250) runningregime has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I eat 8 whole eggs daily. No issue. Drink 1 litre of full-fat milk daily, all good.
    It's just bodybuilding... y u heff to be mad?

Bulking on Candito Linear Program (Strength/Hypertrophy).

1RM Deadlift - 130kg
    5RM Squat - 110kg
    5RM Bench - 90kg (with spot)

orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500) orangegoblin is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by SweetAngl View Post
    Eat all the stickies in the nutrition section then we’ll talk. I’m not a professional but I guess I’ll share what I learned. Whole eggs do contain a lot of cholesterol if eaten in excess. Egg whites are the best source of protein. Assuming raw large egg: about 70cal, 6 protein whereas an egg white is about 16cal 4g protein. Egg yolk has many beneficial nutrients thats why you should not avoid it completely.
    Assuming it is skim milk, the brand I buy has 30% calcium which is not enough. You would have to drink 3 glasses.
    Even though timing is not as important as macros, a breakfast of a banana and milk. Include some carbs in your breakfast.
    Also I noticed you’re clueless on knowing what your body requires. Use the formula for calculating macros then calculate your daily p/c/f. Everybody’s body is different, everybody’s goals are different as well (cutting, maintaining, bulking). I’ll try to help, post your stats please. Age, height, weight, etc. + your goal and what you want to achieve whether it’s gaining muscle, losing fat, etc.
    But leave some for the rest of us.

Peanut Butter Enthusiast slbross's Avatar
    slbross will become famous soon enough. (+50) slbross will become famous soon enough. (+50) slbross will become famous soon enough. (+50) slbross will become famous soon enough. (+50) slbross will become famous soon enough. (+50) slbross will become famous soon enough. (+50) slbross will become famous soon enough. (+50) slbross will become famous soon enough. (+50) slbross will become famous soon enough. (+50) slbross will become famous soon enough. (+50) slbross will become famous soon enough. (+50)

What I eat everyday:

Breakfast

1 banana

1 glass of milk

Lunch

Dinner

2 fried scrambled eggs

After dinner

1. No. You need some dietary cholesterol. There's been some changes and new research about dietary cholesterol, but it seems there is less in eggs than we thought, and that dietary cholesterol doesn't directly translate to high cholesterol in your body.

2. You need more than that. Eggs are mostly fat. Milk is mostly sugar, unless you're drinking whole milk, in which case most of the calories are fat. They are good foods, and good sources of protein, but I wouldn't rely on them as your protein. Egg whites would help, but with your diet you'll probably have to eat like a whole carton of them a day.

3. Probably.

4. Awful. you need way way more food. I ran your nutrition info; picking average sizes for things (2.5c pasta, 1tb stuff on your bread) you come up to 1330kCal, 37.7g fat, 215g carbs, 45g protein. This would be a very poor diet for even for cutting, but since you said your goal is to gain muscle, this is really quite awful. I would double your fats and protein for starters, which would get you to 1850kCal, and then figure out an appropriate bulking calorie range for your size (probably at least 2250 at your weight) and add carbs until you reach it.

How do you feel about egg whites? Cottage cheese?

Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Jcart159 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thank you King Solamipatria to the rescue!!

Thank you for necro'ing your 100th thread in the last 2 days!

Srs, please look at dates of threads guys...

Buffel96 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Buffel96 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Buffel96 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Buffel96 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Buffel96 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Buffel96 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Buffel96 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Buffel96 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Buffel96 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Buffel96 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Buffel96 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by Jcart159 View Post
    Thank you King Solamipatria to the rescue!!

Thank you for necro'ing your 100th thread in the last 2 days!

Srs, please look at dates of threads guys...
    Lol all for the milk!